House for a decorative rabbit: step-by-step manufacturing instructions
House for a decorative rabbit
Features of keeping rabbits of decorative breeds
The decision to purchase a decorative rabbit as a pet should be serious, because these are gentle and even capricious animals that will need to provide a certain microclimate. Poor conditions of detention are the cause of diseases and nervous disorders of these rodents.
For a decorative rabbit, you can create a whole city inside a cage
In order to provide pets with comfort, it is necessary to take into account the following nuances of their content:
- Other pets (cats, dogs) can harm decorative rabbits, so they should not be kept in the same room. In addition, it is not recommended to let small children approach small rodents.
- Rabbits can easily tolerate low temperatures, but suffer during the heat. In addition, they can get sick from excessive humidity, temperature changes and drafts.
- The cage with pets should not be placed near the heater, and the direct rays of the sun should not fall into the pet’s dwelling.
It is better to provide a separate room for rabbits.
In extreme heat, it is recommended to bathe the rabbit
Long-haired pets require careful grooming
for brushes for small animals (kittens, rabbits, porpoise)
Rules for feeding decorative rabbits
It is recommended for decorative rabbits to be vaccinated, like other pets.
Making a rabbit cage in 2 floors
Rodent care rules
It is necessary to clean the rabbit cage of feces and food debris every day. In addition, the litter layer needs to be renewed as it gets dirty. Drinking bowls and feeders will have to be rinsed with boiling water once every 24 hours, and the tray filler should be changed once a week. Urine stains can be quickly removed with water and vinegar.
You should regularly change not only the litter in the cage, but also the litter of the tray.
Thorough cleaning of the cage should be done every 7 days. It includes complete disinfection of the house. So, the corners of the structure will need to be sprayed with water with the addition of lemon juice, soda or a special spray that eliminates the smell of animals (the rabbit will have to be resettled for a while). If there is a rug in the cage, then it should also be taken out and washed.
House for rabbits out of the box
Of course, a cardboard box pet dwelling is hardly durable. However, this is a great option if you need a temporary home. In addition, some residents prefer to constantly let the rabbit walk around the apartment, and the pet uses the cage only as a sleeping place and a toilet, so it does not necessarily spend money on an expensive construction.
You need to choose a box that fits your rabbit. If the animal is large, then you can connect two boxes
In the process of work, we need the following materials and accessories:
- Cardboard boxes. 2 pieces (35 centimeters high and 45 centimeters long);
- Stationery knife or scissors;
- Adhesive tape;
- Simple pencil.
As a result of such manipulations, it was possible to obtain a spacious house for one rabbit with two central openings and one side.
Rabbit cages prices. for popular models of jigsaws
The size of the hatch must correspond to the dimensions of the grown rabbit
Now you need to attach the plywood sheet (where there is an opening) to the racks.
Self-tapping screws are also used as fasteners.
Now, on dense sheets of plywood, you need to mark two other side walls (60 × 92 centimeters). Next, they need to be cut using a saw.
It is necessary to fix the walls on the frame so that the structure turns out to be even
Now you should make the blanks of the racks for the second tier, and the same plywood sidewalls. It is necessary to attach all the walls and ceiling of the future home to the racks. As a result, you should get such a design as shown in the photo below.
Now the threshold should be made. It is necessary in order to prevent food and bedding from spilling out of the cage. It is better to make it from planks measuring 1.2 × 6 centimeters.
It should be screwed to vertical supports with self-tapping screws
Now you need to start making the door. It is recommended to make it out of boards, and then connect them with staples and a furniture stapler.
If the structure is too fragile, then you can strengthen the frame with metal corners
For greater rigidity of the structure, a metal mesh is fixed to the frame using the same stapler.
Next, it remains to fix the door on the hinges and install the locking mechanism
Now you should make a kind of staircase for the rabbit to the upper floor, which in this case is a ramp. To do this, it is necessary to cut out an elongated part from plywood along the height of the cage. Since the ramp is tilted, the rabbit can easily slide off the ramp. To prevent such consequences, it is necessary to sheathe it with soft material.
You can stick a piece of rubber mat or ice cream sticks on the ramp
At the end, stable legs should be fixed to the bottom of the cage.
You can stick a piece of rubber mat or ice cream sticks on the ramp
Features of wood processing
Since wood is a natural material, it can rot due to constant dampness (a rabbit can spill water, moreover, the animal can go to the toilet directly on the floor of the cage or house). Therefore, upon completion of manufacturing, the structure should be treated with a special disinfectant solution. for such purposes linseed oil, as well as chlorine solution or iodine.
Such a composition must be applied to the walls of the structure from the outside and inside, after which it should be placed in the sun until it dries completely.
Products made from natural wood must be treated with an antiseptic
In winter, the cage can be placed next to the heater after treatment. You just have to periodically unfold it in different directions to the heat source. this will prevent cracks in the wood.
Only after 24 hours is it allowed to paint the cage. However, it is recommended to apply paint only from the outside, which is inaccessible to pets. For such purposes, water-dispersed paint is suitable, but not oil. The painted structure should be aired for at least 3-4 days, then it will be possible to populate the animals.
What should be a rabbit dwelling
The development of pododermatitis and frequent injuries of the extremities in rabbits are the first signals about their incorrect content. In the future, such conditions do not in the best way affect the productivity of the wards and their safety. Therefore, the breeder, in addition to the feeding and watering front, as well as the density of the stocking of animals, should pay close attention to the features of the rabbit housing.
Ideally, cages for eared pets should be a reliable shelter from the weather, while being well ventilated and well lit. Constant control over the level of exposure to external factors is important, which largely depends on weather conditions, season and time of day. It is unacceptable for the excrement of animals to collect inside. Many breeders solve this problem by installing slatted floors. But, according to experts, it is in the mesh cells that the highest degree of injury is recorded. Therefore, such designs are highly undesirable for rabbits.
These animals are very sensitive to air exchange and dampness. Excess ammonia, as well as hydrogen sulfide, have a bad effect on their productivity. Therefore, the humidity indicators in the rabbit house must correspond to 60–70%.
Their abode should be inaccessible to rodents and predators. It can be built from used boards, plywood, brick, die-cut, slate. For mass breeding of eared, group multi-tiered structures are perfect. On them, as on the simplest cages, it is recommended to provide a single or gable roof. Experienced rabbit breeders advise:
- Choose dry and elevated areas for placement of rabbit cages, away from sources of dampness and bodies of water, but in the shade of trees. This is due to the intolerance of eared direct sunlight.
- Strictly monitor the ventilation of the structure and prevent the slightest drafts. In the houses of the wards, air movement is undesirable, which exceeds the speed of 30 m / s.
- For the winter, insulate the cages so that the temperature of keeping animals corresponds to the range of 10.20 ° С.
- Make sure that closed rabbitries are illuminated for at least 10 hours a day in winter. Ideally, a full-wall window on the east side of the structure can solve this problem.
- Place cages at a height of 80–100 cm from the ground. This is necessary to protect the wards from rats, and this solution will greatly facilitate maintenance.
How to make a house for a rabbit with your own hands
A rabbit cage can be easily built at home from scrap materials. But at the same time, it is important to take into account the shape of the structure and its safety for furry residents. The success of rabbit breeding largely depends on these factors. What should be the ideal abode for the eared, what is the best way to build it and how to do it correctly. you will learn about this further from the article.
When everything you need is in stock, you can get to work:
- Cut to the measured length of the beams. On a flat surface from the prepared blanks, knock off the structure frame. In the case of a multi-tiered structure, be sure to provide after each of the tiers a space of up to 15 cm for installing a pallet.
- Connect the front and rear bars with cross bars. This is the basis for the cell.
- Measure from the prepared wooden blocks 4 legs to the rabbit house. Pin them to the resulting wooden rectangle so that there is a margin of 30-40 cm to the floor in height.
- Measure the door strips and use the screws to connect them. Then beat the resulting frame with a net. Fasteners are made with a construction stapler from the inside.
- Measure the required length of the boards and cut the blanks. Sheathe the cage frame with them.
- Hang the doors on the hinges and provide a latch on it. Convenient when the structure opens from top to bottom.
- Attach a V-shaped sennik inside the center of the cage, dividing the space into 2 sections.
- Now you can start building a blind pen. Many breeders build it with a removable plywood bottom to prevent increased dampness inside the cage. Therefore, this part of the house must be completely made of boards or plywood.
- Install a plywood partition with a hole for the passage of residents between the nesting and walking areas.
- After that, make a solid door in the blank part of the cage, also attaching it to the hinges. Don’t forget to attach a latch to it.
- Mount the roof from boards or slate. It is desirable that it be folding. Therefore, experienced owners advise using hinged hinges as fasteners.
- Now, lay the floor on the bottom of the slats, leaving 1.5 cm gaps between them.If you retreat more, animals can get stuck in the openings and injure their paws. Alternatively, a fine mesh net will work, but then a rug will need to be provided.
- Construct a low pallet of appropriate dimensions from sheet metal and place it under the cage. Some breeders advise placing this part at an angle for easier cleaning.
: DIY rabbit cages
How to make a house for a rabbit with your own hands
Regardless of what type of cage you prefer, and how many individuals it will be designed for, its basis is made up of: frame, walls, floor, ceiling and doors. But before taking up the tool, you need to thoroughly understand the required dimensions of the structure and make its drawings.
Home improvement inside
After checking the safety of the finished cage, you can start arranging it. Pay attention to the floor first. Rabbits often get pododermatitis from mesh coatings. Therefore, if your structure is made precisely of a metal lattice, be sure to cover it with a rug.
They are categorically not suitable for this product made of carpet, wool, since they often cause malfunctions in the gastrointestinal tract of an animal. Do not forget for a second that we are talking about a rodent that can taste everything that is within its reach.
Then place a thick layer of bedding on the floor. In the autumn-spring period, it is important for rabbits that their paws are protected from bedsores. For this, sawdust, large straw or hay of soft awnless cereals are ideal. You should be especially careful with the choice of material when keeping down breeds. The awns caught in their fur cause discomfort and pain. Straw is preferable because it retains heat and is safe for the eared. Remember that the larger the pet, the more bedding it needs. For adults, it is enough to lay a layer with a thickness of 12.5 –15.5 cm.
In addition to the already provided manger for hay and grass, you need to put a drinker and a feeder in the animal’s cage. It is important that these containers cannot be overturned or clogged with excrement. Therefore, experienced rabbit breeders advise to acquire a purchased drinker, which is attached to the front of the cage from the inside. And you can build a feeder yourself.
To do this, attach a wooden block vertically in the cage and attach a wooden rectangle 7 cm high and 30 cm wide to it.Nail a guide bar at a distance of 20 cm from above.
And then sew up the structure with plywood, so that the sheathing fits up to the top between the guide rails, and at the bottom rested against the feeder, but did not block the feed access. As a result, you can fill the structure through the top.
Materials and tools for work
You can build an abode for eared pets from any material that is in your household. But, according to experts, among all the available variety, the tree has proven itself best. It is environmentally friendly, durable and retains heat well, does not heat up in the heat.
Metal is categorically not suitable for such structures. In winter in such a house, animals can freeze, and in summer they can overheat. You should also avoid using chipboard. Such material quickly absorbs moisture, as a result of which it crumbles strongly. Here is a list of tools and materials required for further work:
- 10 wooden beams 3 m long, 30 x 50 mm (for the frame);
- Boards or plywood sheets measuring 1.5 by 1.5 m, 10 mm thick (for wall cladding);
- 1 meter piece of slate (for the roof);
- Wooden slats 3 cm wide or welded mesh with cells 15 x 15 mm (for the floor);
- Metal sheet 1 m long (for pallet construction);
- 4 awnings (for fastening 2 doors);
- Boards (for a blind door);
- Welded mesh with cells 2.5 x 2.5 cm (for a ventilation door in the walking area);
- Metal rods (for V-shaped hay feeder);
- Electric drill;
- Saw for wood;
- Construction stapler;
- Marking pencil;
- Coarse sandpaper;
- 1 kg self-tapping screws 30 and 70 mm, nails.
Design and sizing
The classic version of the rabbit queen cell provides for dimensions of 70 x 100 x 60 cm.For young animals, the structure can be made according to the same parameters, shortening the length by 30 cm.
It is important for the builder to understand that the entire area of the structure for the rabbit and her offspring will be further divided into a walking department and a deaf cubicle. The first zone in most cases is a square with sides of 50 cm.
And the second is a blind box with a length of 25 cm and a width of 50 cm.A removable door is attached to the front side of the structure, and a small hole at a height of 15 cm is provided on the wall adjacent to the walking space.
It is imperative to provide a tray under the floor for collecting faeces. The floor can be made of densely set wide slats. In cases of using gratings, to avoid injury, be sure to cover them with a rug, leaving small gaps around the perimeter. Experienced breeders advise to calculate the height of the rabbit cage from the front side at 55 cm, and from the back. 30 cm. A roof slope can serve as a pallet, if placed at the top of the second tier. For reliability, it will need to be galvanized.
Remember that the size of the cages largely depends on the breed of the wards and the way they are kept. For instance:
- Rabbits need about 0.5–0.7 square meters of area;
- For adult males. 0.17 m2;
- Youngsters. 0, 12 m2.
Rabbits are very sensitive to cleanliness in their abode. It is this factor that largely determines the health of pets. Therefore, the breeder regularly needs:
- Remove manure from the pallet (ammonia fumes have a very bad effect on the health of the eared ones);
- Change the bedding in the cage daily (otherwise the animal will get sick due to increased dampness);
- Before each feeding, clean the feeders from feed residues (rabbits are characterized by increased sensitivity of the gastrointestinal tract);
- Change the water in the drinkers every day;
- Every six months, carry out a general cleaning in the rabbit house with its complete disinfection.
Getting rid of pathogenic microflora in rabbit cages is not so easy. Therefore, this process cannot be started. The rabbit breeder must understand that infection and viruses are extremely persistent, infecting each new generation of animals that are hatched under these conditions. Therefore, it is possible to prevent the loss of livestock precisely by timely disinfection of cells and all equipment. Disinfection of cells and all equipment Since the microbes living in the abode of the eared ones are very resistant to high and low temperatures, quickly get used to pesticides, they can only be destroyed by special disinfection methods. All surfaces (both internal and external) of the rabbitry, all equipment involved in the care, as well as the walls, floor and ceiling of the room in which the cage is located should be treated.
First, rabbits are transplanted from the structure, and only after that the space is cleared of feces, litter and dirt. Then they remove all removable elements and use a hose to wash the cage from the inside with a stream of hot water. Repeat this procedure with any detergent and a brush. The same is done with equipment, feeders and drinkers.
After the performed manipulations, the rabbit housing is left to dry and only then is it treated with disinfectants: Virocid, Ash liquor, Ecocid C, Formalin, Glutex, Virosan, Whiteness, Virkon C, formaldehyde solution, soda ash or Bromosept-50. Now you can return to their place all items removed from the cage and plant pets in them. Nothing threatens their health anymore.
As you can see, at home from scrap materials, you can independently build a rabbitry of the required size for a certain number of animals. The most difficult part of this process is the calculation of dimensions and preparation of drawings. We hope our article will help you solve these nuances and quickly complete the construction started.
We design a drawing
A competent drawing is half the battle. Find proven blueprints for houses online or sketch yours after existing designs. Indicate the linear dimensions on it, think over the location of the door, tiers, ladders and attachment points for the drinker, feeder, toilet and toys. Plan the roof to be removable, so it will be easier to care for the house.
Features of keeping decorative rabbits
The decision to take a rabbit with you must be balanced. These small rodents are capricious creatures. They are sensitive to the slightest changes in the microclimate, often get sick and cannot tolerate excessive stress. Pets like cats and dogs will hunt bunnies, so keeping these animals in the same house is not recommended. Small children also often injure these fragile animals.
These animals tolerate low temperatures well, but they suffer greatly from the heat. They are also harmed by high ammonia and carbon dioxide in the air, drafts, stuffiness and excessive humidity. If you are going to ventilate the room, remove the pet from the draft. Avoid placing the cage near heat sources, shade it from direct sunlight, and clean the rabbit toilet regularly to avoid the build-up of poisonous gases.
They are nocturnal animals, so do not disturb them during the daytime. Representatives of long-haired breeds need additional hair care. combing and trimming. Rabbits with short hair take care of themselves; you do not need to bathe or comb them. Claws, as they grow, need to be cut off with nail clippers. This rodent needs preventive vaccinations just like cats and dogs. discuss the schedule with your veterinarian.
Take responsibility for the choice of food, rabbits are picky about food. It is unacceptable to use raw, moldy food and scatter them along the bottom of the cage. Rabbits, in the event of a lack of beneficial bacteria in the intestines, begin to eat their own feces, so take care of specialized mixtures and high-quality cereals. Human food is not suitable for these animals. Give them fresh vegetables, fruits (not exotic), in winter, include fresh spruce branches in the diet. Be sure to sterilize the drinker and feeder twice a week and change the bedding three times.
House size and requirements
A rabbit is a mobile animal, and if his house is small, then he must spend at least four hours a day outside it. The comfortable house allows the pet to stand on its hind legs and stretch out to its full height. Make a dwelling for the rabbit to grow, at least four times the required parameters. The dimensions of a standard house for a dwarf pet are as follows: length 140 cm, width 80 cm, height 50 cm.
Pay special attention to the materials from which you will assemble the structure. Rabbits are sensitive to toxic fumes from synthetic materials. Choose high-quality wood, do not open it with varnish, as these pets love to gnaw walls and decoration. The mesh floor is the most hygienic, but it is not suitable for these rodents. their paws are not adapted to such surfaces. Cover the net with a natural hard rug, bend the sharp corners of the net so that the baby does not injure himself. In bunk houses, the height of each level can be reduced to 40 cm.
Processing a wooden house
Before settling your pet in the house, treat the home with disinfectant solutions. For this purpose, pharmacy solutions of iodine, bromine or chlorine are suitable. Dissolve them in water (1 part solution to 20 parts water) and rinse the cage inside and out. Dry it by exposing it to the sun. In the cold season, you can place a house near a central heating battery or a heater at a distance of half a meter. Turn it the other way every hour to prevent the wood material from drying out.
Home improvement for a rodent
How to make a rabbit cage
Required tools and materials
If you can afford solid boards, great. The bunny house will look dignified and become a safe home. For those who do not want to spend a lot, we offer a budget option from chipboard, plywood, tin and mesh. Even a beginner can deal with these materials. You will need:
- Self-tapping screws;
- Door hinges;
- Chipboard (calculate the amount based on the area of the floor, roof and walls);
- Tin sheet (not less than 100 x 60 cm);
- Wooden slats;
- Metal scissors.
Making a house: step by step instructions
- Make the floor. For a standard cage, cut a 100 x 60 cm rectangle from a solid sheet of chipboard.Place a sheet of tin of the same size on top and fasten them together with self-tapping screws.
- Craft the walls. Cut out two 60 x 50 cm squares and two 100 x 50 cm rectangles. Using a simple pencil, mark the location of the windows and doors, and cut them out. Fasten the walls together with nails, attach to the floor with self-tapping screws. Tighten window openings with mesh.
- Make a door from slats and mesh. Hang it on the hinges and secure it in the doorway. You can make a door that closes with a hook on the outside, or you can make it so that the rabbit can easily enter and exit the house. Just find the right hinges.
- Make a roof. You can make it simple flat, or you can make a gable. Fix the gable with nails, make the flat one removable, so you can clean the house if necessary.
- If you plan to make a two-tier dwelling, increase the height of the walls by 40 cm. Attach the second tier (60 x 50 cm) to the walls at a height of 40 cm from the floor using self-tapping screws. Make the ladder from chipboard and slats. Make it at least 15 cm wide, set at an angle of 30 degrees. Fill the slats horizontally along the entire length at intervals of 4 cm.For finishing, use slats, from which you can fold the platbands, make a cladding in the style of a hut.
How to make a house for a rabbit with your own hands
Rabbits are animals that are bred for industrial and decorative purposes. Only dwarf breeds of rabbits are suitable for keeping at home. These are small, fragile animals that need special care and conditions. In order for the rabbit to feel comfortable and live long enough, give him a separate place in the house. Such a place can be a cage or a do-it-yourself rabbit house. This article will discuss the features of making houses for domestic rabbits and the basic rules for caring for them.
- Features of keeping decorative rabbits
- Making a house with your own hands
- House size and requirements
- We design a drawing
- Required tools and materials
- Making a house: step by step instructions
- Component cells and materials used
- Various designs
- Stages of creation
- Differences in keeping decorative rabbits
Roomy rabbit cage
Rabbit House with Pagoda Roof
Quality materials in the construction of a rabbit cage. above all
DIY rabbit cages (48 photos): how to create comfort for eared pets
After buying a fluffy pet, it is very important to create comfortable conditions for its existence.
Experienced rabbit breeders should know how do-it-yourself rabbit cages are built. Only in this case can you be sure that eared pets will not be endangered by low-quality materials or improper manufacturing process. There are no particularly specific conditions for keeping rabbits, one has only to take into account that their wild cousins live in ordinary burrows. Since there is nothing complicated in how to build a rabbit cage with your own hands, no, even novice rabbit farmers can do it.
Cell constituents and materials used
Any cage designed for rabbits must be equipped in a certain way. It must contain the following parts:
- The frame and supports, on which the whole structure rests, are made of wood blocks. In order for rabbits to be protected from rodents, cats and dogs when kept outdoors, it is worth placing their cage at a height of about 70 cm from the ground.
- The walls are made of plywood, board or mesh. For beauty, you can decorate the walls outside with plastic or wooden slats. For the convenience of caring for the cage in the front part, two doors are made (one from the mesh, the other from the board).
- The floor is most often made of slats or mesh. Some rabbit breeders arrange a solid floor, only in the back they put a net in order to remove waste through it. There are adherents of different materials who learn from their own experience what is best for animals kept in different conditions.
- The roof is most often decorated with the same material as the walls, and to protect against environmental conditions when kept outdoors, you can install an additional covering from any roofing material.
To protect against rodents, cats and dogs, the shelter of rabbits is located at a height of 70 cm from the ground
Metal is not recommended when creating rabbit cages. In the heat, the iron heats up, which is inconvenient for the animals, and in the cold they can easily freeze to such a coating. Even when the simplest do-it-yourself rabbit cage is being created, you need to make sure that all the details are smooth and not traumatic. Any defects in the mesh should be eliminated, and it is better to sand the tree with sandpaper.
Even an inexperienced amateur rabbit breeder can build such a cage with his own hands.
Rabbit house for a decorative eared
My own master
If you decide to make a home with your own hands, then you get a lot of advantages. First, you can make all your wishes and ideas come true. You yourself determine the shape, color, number of tiers. Secondly, you will create an ideal habitat for your pet, if you take into account all its needs and character traits.
Having equipped the cage according to all the rules, you will create an ideal living environment for your little friend. And, of course, you will have a unique house, the only one in the world. Agree, it’s nice to know that your rabbit is special, and this is your merit.
What do we need?
Competent drawings and quality materials are the main component of the process. Therefore, first of all, you will need a pencil and a notebook. Before you start designing, look at the photos of the cells on the Internet. So you will determine the direction, be inspired and get a lot of ideas. In the photo below, we offer only one of the options for a possible home planning.
To build a cage, metal mesh and sheets of plywood and chipboard are most often used. These materials are inexpensive and easy to handle. For the outer framing of the house, wooden slats are useful. You can make a staircase or a bridge from them.
It is desirable to cover the floor with even material, without cracks and gratings. Also, the material must be resistant to moisture. A sheet of tin or plastic works best. From construction tools we need:
- Self-tapping screws;
- Scissors for metal;
You may need a variety of fittings to secure doors and feeders. The door can be made hinged. And you can build sliding doors. For reliability, you can close the entrance with a simple lock: a hook or a latch. Consider keeping the entrance open.
If it is possible to keep the animal outside in the warm season, take care of a good shady place. In this case, you need to make a solid roof near the cage, or provide a canopy under which the animal can hide from the wind and sunlight.
Ideal home: what it is?
It is best when the rabbit moves freely around the apartment, and uses the cage only as a toilet and resting place. Then his muscles will develop correctly, and the risk of obesity is significantly reduced. But the eared ears, which are locked in a small cage, may have health problems.
Lack of physical activity leads to excess weight, decreased muscle tone, heart disease and other troubles. The pet becomes lethargic, sleepy, loses interest in games and is more prone to stress. To avoid such problems, competently think over the arrangement of the house for the rabbit, and provide him with a variety of leisure activities.
A home for domestic rabbits should be functional and comfortable. First of all, keep the door open at all times. The pet should be able to leave the cage at any time and go for a walk in the aviary or around the apartment. The second important point is the equipment of the house. It always contains a tray where the rabbit will satisfy his needs, as well as a bowl of food and a sippy cup.
Choose the size of the cage taking into account the size and weight of your pet. But in any case, the length of the cage is at least one meter, and the width and height are greater than the length of the eared eared body. By making your own cage, you can create the perfect area for your rabbit. Check that he can stand on his hind legs without any problems and at the same time feel free. And of course, in the house you need to equip a secluded place where the fluffy one can sleep and rest.
To make a cage yourself, you must first sketch out the drawings. In these, you experiment by setting up a feeder, shelter, and tray. Determine what height and area will be in the rabbit house, how many floors. After the plan is drawn up, and the materials are prepared, we proceed to construction.
- First you need to make the floor. Take a piece of chipboard and cut out a rectangle or square to the size you want. The top layer of tin or plastic will be of the same size. It is needed so that the bottom of the cage does not get wet and deformed.
- For more convenient removal of garbage and waste, you can make a pull-out tray with your own hands or build part of the bottom from a mesh. Then cleaning the cage will take much less time.
- Next, we start making the cell frame. It is most often made from beams, slats or thick iron rods. What material to choose. decide for yourself what is more convenient and practical for you. It is better to shield the bottom with bumpers so that hay and sawdust do not fall out.
- The next stage is to cover the walls with mesh or plywood. Attach the cover securely with self-tapping screws to keep the rabbit house secure and stable. If you have planned a two-story structure, you need to cut the floorboard of the required area from the chipboard again and attach it to the walls of the cage and the frame. Make a staircase from wooden slats to the second tier. It must be wide enough so that the animal does not fall off of it.
- Then it’s up to the little: attach a roof made of mesh or plywood, build in the doors and place a shelter, a drinker, a feeder in place. You can make a removable roof, then it will be more convenient to remove the cage. Draw a bridge to the entrance, then it will be easier for the inhabitant to move.
If during the construction process your imagination runs wild, you can beautifully decorate the facade of the mink by decorating the walls and roof. And also make various labyrinths and minks for the pet so that his leisure time is useful and varied.