DIY cat house
The main material used for the manufacture of the house is chipboard. The slab is cut with a jigsaw, while curly parts can also be cut with a jigsaw, and there will be quite a few of them! Choosing the right jigsaw file for working with chipboard.
This is how we initially make the lower compartment. house for our complex. In fact, this is a box with an entrance and a door to control our pet and clean up inside.
The entrance is made in the form of a cat’s head, which will add to our complex. the house has a certain originality. Hole template 1: 1
In the end, we assemble a box with a size of 553080. The dimensions of the house should be ergonomic for your pet, but above all, do not make the box too small. A small box will make your pet’s stay in it not very comfortable.
DIY CAT BED from cardbord BOX easy / How to make cat happy
From the side, where the wall is not installed, we attach the door to the hinges.
In order for the door to slam shut without effort and cracks, you may have to choose holes for the heads of the self-tapping screws that attach the door to the drawer. house.
For the racks dividing the floors, a sewer pipe and furniture corners were used. Initially, the corners were attached with bolts and washers to the pipe.,
and then the racks were attached through the corner holes to the floor of the lower floor and to the ceiling of the upper.
In our case, another intermediate floor has been completed, but everything will depend on your imagination and desire.
Next, a ladder was made from the board. Board 25mm 80mm.
It was also secured with 4 corners.
Next, we collect the upper part of our cat house. It consists of a mezzanine floor and an upper landing where a second holiday cottage will be installed.
The upper platform is going, as we have already said, together with the house.
For its manufacture, the same chipboard is used. The roof of the house is made with a gable, which is somewhat more complicated, but at the same time looks more beautiful than a regular box.
So that the hinges did not interfere with closing the lid again, I had to choose part of the chipboard.
As a result, we get the upper shelter for the tired traveler who conquered the top of our complex. house.
The design was intended to be installed near the end of the cabinet. Since nothing is stored on the cabinet, it was decided to make a transition from the house to the cabinet. To do this, we needed another platform made of chipboard and a piece of pipe, with fasteners and corners.
We adjust the pipe in height, so that the platform lies on the top of the cabinet.
DIY cat house (how and from what to make, photo)
Domestic animals, such as cats, for many of us become full-fledged family members. We are ready to please and delight them at every opportunity, and they answer us for this with reciprocity and affection. In addition, cats are still a little, but they bring us closer to nature, every time we are ready to observe their habits of behavior, as for animals self-sufficient, living some kind of life, albeit “closely” with us. But this article is not about that, in this article we would like to tell you how to make a house for a cat with your own hands. After reading the materials of the article, you will understand that this is not even a house, but a whole complex that will allow your pet to feel some freedom of action in the territory allotted for him. So, in this house, a cat can rest and sharpen its claws and just climb along its structure.
As a result, we should get the house shown in the photo below.
Do-it-yourself decorative decoration for a cat house
We can say half the work is done, now it remains to ennoble the home of our pet, which will create convenience for him and bring some aesthetics into our room. Rope and “liquid nails” were used to decorate the pipe.
The rope was wound around the pipe and fixed at the top and bottom with glue.
Now you need to lay the carpet on the floors, walls, roofs and inside the houses.
So, for example, a carpet pattern is shown on the lower floor of the house.
The carpet is already in place. For fixing the carpet, glue was used, as for fixing the rope to the pipe. At the corners where the carpet will be difficult to stick, it is possible to use a furniture stapler.
Subsequently, the internal volumes of the upper and lower houses were also finished.
Carpeted stairs, intermediate floors, in general, all chipboard surfaces.
Of course, there were some mistakes during the work. So, between the pipe and the already laid carpet there were small gaps (from which the chipboard was visible). Strips were cut from the remaining scraps, which subsequently filled in unsightly gaps.
Due to its fleecy structure, the carpet hides all flaws well. That is, we just lay the carpet joint to joint and that’s it!
For the originality of the idea, the roof of the upper house of the cat was covered with a green carpet.
It was more difficult with the holes (entrances) to the house. So the carpet “ate” the significant space from their passage, moreover, did not want to stick to uneven surfaces. As a result, a furniture strip was applied. Which was curved around the perimeter of the hole.
The plank was also glued to the holes between the floors.
As a result, this is such a wonderful home made by hand.
Of course, the design of a cat house can be made depending on your imagination, capabilities, desires and place of installation. So the given example of a house for a cat is only a special case of what you can do with your own hands, for your beloved pet. Further you can see other options for the embodiment of “cat happiness”, and besides, a worthy element of the furnishings of your apartment or house.
DIY cat house examples
Here is another example of a cat house, which we also disassembled in more detail.
In addition, on our website you can find an alternative option for a cat’s house, in more detail about it in the article “Increasing the living space for cats in the house”.
This content has been locked. You can no longer post any comment. Discussion of this topic is closed
Handicraft houses and constructions
If you have a wonderful talent for sewing, knitting or felting from wool, you can give your pet a real nest. It is not difficult to do this, for example, here is an excellent pattern for knitting such a house.
Or a whig-wam for the leader of the Artful Cat. This design can be easily folded if the cat’s house is empty for some time.
Requirements: making the house right for the cat
But before starting work, if you are going to make a house for a cat with basic rules:
- the house must be safe
- hygiene is very important
- it is necessary to use only high-quality materials so as not to harm the pet
We want to pay special attention to the materials, since the health of the cat directly depends on them. Try to use environmentally friendly, durable and safe plywood, cardboard, concrete, cotton.
- height not less than 40 cm, so that the animal can comfortably accommodate if necessary in full height
- the entry point should be at least 20 cm in diameter, but if the cat is larger than average, make the entrance even larger
- a house should not be less than 50 cm by 50 cm in size, otherwise there is a risk that a small living space will be empty
Under the blossoming sakura, among the cranes and bamboo, cats live, enjoying the misty horizons, they dream of something mysterious. Yuri Kuklachev
very creative ideas for the most skilled hands
We know that among our readers there are those who love to do home decoration with their own hands for years, know how to perfectly use all the tools to create a stylish decor. For them, we have prepared quite complex ideas for cat dwellings.
Be careful! Views of such interesting homemade products entails a desire to give up everything and master the skill of painting, cutting, tinkering, drilling, etc. All owners love their feline friends, so do it yourself. a matter of honor for the craftswomen.
We make a house for a cat with our own hands from old trash
Technological progress is moving by leaps and bounds and volumetric TVs or monitors are no longer needed by anyone. If you still have one, feel free to remove all unnecessary from the case, lay a pillow and paint in bright colors. Cats are crazy about this house.
It is easy to make such a house with your own hands: it is enough to remove all the insides from the structure, put foam rubber inside so that the cat’s disposition is not infringed, and you can safely wait for gratitude from a satisfied pet.
However, in our editorial office, disputes began: how safe such a house is from the point of view of materials. The team was divided into two camps, so we do not undertake to claim that such a dwelling will be 100% environmentally friendly for animals.
Not sure where to put your unusable suitcase? The cat will gladly relieve you of this problem. If the suitcase is beautiful, vintage, and even put on its legs and complemented by a beautiful pillow, it will become an interior decoration. This house has one significant advantage. it is very easy to look after him. The bed will simply be removed and washed, and the suitcase itself can be wiped with a cloth or napkin.
Having shown imagination, the pet bed can be decorated or made more functional. For example, attaching legs to a suitcase will make your cat or cat feel more comfortable. Such designs are easy to make with your own hands, which is why we proposed this idea.
Another option: unnecessary containers and basins, which can also be used. So, by gluing two basins and cutting out an arch, you can very quickly create a closed bed. And if such houses do not fit your interior, just repaint with acrylic paint or do decoupage, it will turn out very stylish.
If you recently laid a new Lenolium, you might have a pipe from it. From this or any similar pipe, you can make an original bed and a roof over the cat’s head. Scratching posts can be built into such houses by simply decorating a small part of the structure with a rope.
How to make Amazing Kitten Cat Pet House from Cardboard
Variant of a house for an animal made of plywood. video
Houses for cats can be made absolutely from any materials at hand. If you have an extra sheet of plywood, glue, a few unnecessary cm of fabric, foam rubber and a desire to tinker for several hours, then follow the instructions from
DIY cat house from boxes
The first basis for a house, cats tell us themselves with their great love for boxes. Sometimes it is enough just to turn the box over, cut holes in it, and lay something soft inside so that the pet will be delighted. It happens that craftsmen make whole mazes or multi-tiered playgrounds out of boxes: both the cat is more interesting and looks more decent.
A cozy house for a cat can be made absolutely from any box. We propose to conduct an experiment: take an unnecessary container, put it in the place where you plan to place (on the floor, table or in a closet) housing for your pet, and note the time through which it will climb into this box. We guarantee that as soon as a fluffy pet sees such a bed, he will immediately try to occupy it.
In order to make such a house for a cat, you will need a minimum set of items: the box itself, glue, a few cm of decorative tape (for decoration, if you want to make a shading of the house), an awl or some sharp object to make holes. It will also be possible to make a roof from improvised means if the cat is not satisfied with the simple option.
DIY cat houses from clothes
You can make a do-it-yourself bed or shelter for a cat, even from old clothes. For example, stuffing old jeans with foam rubber, it is easy to make an imitation of the owner’s knees, on which it is so cozy and warm to sleep. Such a house will be perfect for any cat or small dog.
A similar design can be made from an old sweater by wrapping a pillow over it. Don’t forget to join the sleeves to make the collars. The main thing is that the fabrics are pleasant, then the house will turn out to be excellent. A similar bed can turn into a house, if you dream up and use several sweaters with different fabrics at once.
Awnings made of hangers and T-shirts have a special charm. All you need to create such a house: two wire hangers, an old T-shirt, some scotch tape, 4 pins, and preferably thick cardboard for the base. We unbend the hangers, cross them and strengthen them with tape. this is the frame of the awning. You need to attach it to a cardboard box, and pull a T-shirt on top, protecting it from slipping with pins. The hole for the head of the cat will allow him to secretly observe everything that happens. such a house will be an excellent observation point.
Most cats prefer to sleep on a soft surface, the upholstery for a house or a bed is:
- faux fur;
- furniture upholstery fabric;
- foam rubber;
In the gaming complex, all surfaces are upholstered with fabrics, except for scratching posts, the racks are wrapped with hemp rope and twine. Mattresses, pads are filled with padding polyester, foam rubber, special granular material that retains heat.
Long-haired and heavily shedding pets are made with cottages, from which it is easy to remove hair. The upholstery is selected as close as possible to the color of the cat’s coat. on such individual hairs are hardly noticeable. Alternatively, choose a color to match the walls, curtains, upholstery, carpet in the room.
It is not advisable to use highly electrifying fabrics.
Corrugated cardboard house
A cardboard structure is short-lived, but it is easy to manufacture, and there are practically no material costs for it. For work you will need:
- a cardboard box of a suitable size;
- a piece of carpet, carpet, upholstery fabric;
- PVA glue;
- ruler, compasses;
- sharp scissors or a clerical knife;
- foam rubber;
- a box is taken from an old “thick” computer or TV, a stereo system or a large set of dishes, strengthened with tape or glue;
- an entrance is cut from one side. round, square, triangular, in the form of an arch;
- small windows can be cut on the sides of the entrance;
- open sashes are glued along the edges of the windows. like windows with shutters;
- a mattress is put inside, completely covering the bottom, which is sewn from fabric, stuffed with foam rubber;
- the perimeter of the entrance is upholstered with a strip of fabric or additionally reinforced with cardboard;
- carpet is glued to the back and side walls outside. this will be a scratching post and decor;
- for a two-story structure, you will need two boxes or one large (for example, from a refrigerator), on which a drawing of the necessary parts is made.
To create a high pointed roof, you will need two additional pieces of cardboard.
DIY cat house
The cat is formerly a wild animal, but many thousands of years ago it was domesticated by man. Being a companion of a person, a cat is still looking for a secluded place in his home, where you can sleep peacefully, feeling protected, and cats sleep up to 15-18 hours a day. To make it easier for her, not to constantly remove wool from bed, closet, baby carriage, “build” a house for a cat with their own hands, from any available material.
Houses made of textiles
In the manufacture of textile dwellings, materials are selected that do not accumulate static electricity, are well cleaned of contamination. Sewing such a product is not difficult at all. To create a classic home you will need:
- dense foam rubber, 1.5-2.5 centimeters thick, which keeps its shape well;
- foam rubber for the bottom, 3-4 centimeters thick;
- material for interior and exterior decoration. one or different colors;
- pencil or crayon;
- a pentagon-shaped template is cut out of paper, in the middle of which a circle-hole is drawn;
- the paper template is circled on the fabric, eight identical parts are cut out. if the house is of a different color outside and inside, then four blanks of each color are made;
- two square parts of the bottom are cut out, measuring 40 by 40 or 50 by 50 centimeters;
- all parts are cut with a seam allowance of about two centimeters;
- one square blank and four pentagonal ones are cut out of foam rubber. no allowances are made here;
- in the presence of an overlock, the edges of the fabric parts are swept with it, as an option, they are processed manually;
- each wall of the house is made separately. the outer textile layer, plus foam rubber, plus the inner fabric, are swept together;
- a round hole is cut on the wall where the entrance will be;
- two pieces of fabric with holes are folded with the front sides inward, the windows are attached to each other, turned inside out, put on a foam blank;
- further, the walls of the structure are sewn together;
- the bottom is sewn last;
- the structure turns out through the entrance, gently straightens out. the dwelling is ready to move in.
To make a stove bench with sides, two textile blanks are cut out in the shape of a circle, a square, a heart, etc., another one is the same, but a little less. from thick foam rubber. The perimeter of the foam part is measured with a centimeter tape, two gradually tapering to the ends of the strip are cut, 20-30 cm less than this perimeter, 15-25 cm wide, plus a suitable foam blank. Then the bottom of the lounger is sewn, turned inside out, stuffed with foam rubber, after that. a side in the form of a strip. Parts are fastened together.
A cat hammock is made from a rectangular piece of fabric that hangs:
- between two coat hangers, which become a direct part of the structure;
- four carabiners with straps to an iron mesh hanger in the hallway;
- on Velcro or hooks under a chair, armchair, table;
- loops on a frame made of wood or metal specially made for this purpose.
Planter tents are hung on a ring, sewn from four triangles and a square. The bottom is made of plywood or two layers of corrugated board.
All seams, fastenings must be secure so that the cat does not fall.
Mini furniture for cats
It represents sofas, beds, ottomans, chairs, similar to real ones, but slightly larger than dolls in size. It can be an uncomplicated couch, a luxurious bed with a valance, a canopy. Textiles for finishing are selected durable, non-staining, removable covers are also acceptable.
House with a play complex
A real cat entertainment complex is purchased, made independently, if more than two cats live in an apartment or a private house. Here they will rest, play, communicate. The house is equipped with several platforms on racks that act as scratching posts, ladders, hammocks, climbing frames, toys dangling on strings, it can look like a rack upholstered with fabric.
In a private house, a play complex, including a winter one, is arranged on the street, preferably under a canopy, in a place protected from the wind.
Dimensions and Drawings
If your cat is of average size, then the size of her house will be like this:
- Height not less than 40 cm.
- The length and width are the same. also 40 cm.
- The entrance must have a diameter of at least 15.20 cm.In this case, it is important to take into account the constitution of the animal.
Drawings of houses made of plywood or chipboard are very diverse. They can have a flat roof, two or more slopes. In this case, it is worth considering whether you will have an additional bed for the animal. If such an element is not provided for in the drawing, then it is better to make the roof with a sunbed, where the cat can rest and observe others.
Step-by-step manufacturing instructions
According to the outlined drawing, they begin to make a dwelling for a cat in the following sequence:
- Transfer all measurements from the drawing to plywood or chipboard using a ruler and pencil.
- On one of the walls, immediately draw a circle that will serve as the entrance to the house. It can also be made square, rectangular, in the form of a cat’s head.
- Using a hacksaw or jigsaw, cut out all the components of the structure.
- Sand all cut edges with sandpaper to get perfectly flat surfaces.
- Make upholstery for walls, ceiling and floor from fabric with a minimum number of seams. Glue it or nail it with a stapler to all the components of the home.
- Connect all the walls of the structure with corners, except for the outer one.
- Using the corners, attach the finished structure to the bottom of the future house.
- Assemble the roof using nails and screws. Attach it to the finished dwelling.
- Upholster the interior with a single piece of fabric. When the decoration of the house with the material is completely completed, attach the outer wall with the entrance.
- Glue the wooden post to the roof and screw it with self-tapping screws for additional rigidity.
- Wrap the post with a rope in a circle (it will act as a scratching post), first gluing its end to the tree.
- From a piece of plywood, cut an area of the required size. Using a stapler, attach a suitable fabric to it, under which you can put a piece of foam rubber.
- Attach the resulting lounger to the post.
Dimensions and Drawings
As a result of the fact that it is very easy to work with cardboard, there can be a fairly large number of options for a house made of it. Basic size requirements:
- Height at least 40 cm, so that the animal can not only lie, but also sit in its new home.
- The total area depends on the size of the cat. Minimum dimensions. 40×50 cm.
- The entrance should also not be too small, because the pet should be able not only to climb through it, but also to slip through it, if necessary. Therefore, it is better to make a hole of at least 20 cm.If you wish, one wall of the box can be cut almost completely to leave a free passage (in this case, the house is more suitable for a cat than for a cat).
How to tie a house
A knitted house is one of the most budget-friendly housing options for a cat.
With the help of a hook and thick yarn, a round house is most often knitted. They begin to knit the product with double crochets in the form of a round napkin. Having tied to the desired size, their number is gradually reduced. Continue knitting, making the walls of the housing. Having decided on the height, the number of loops is again reduced, making the roof. To make an entrance in such a house, you need, having chosen its location, in the process of knitting, make air loops, which will later also be tied with double crochets.
Out of the blanket
The blanket house is very cozy and does not take up much space
From an unnecessary, thick blanket, it will be possible to build a house for your cat in a matter of minutes. To do this, it is enough to carefully sew a snake on both sides of the fabric. When it is zipped, the house is ready. If you unbutton it, then the animal will be able to lie on the blanket and not hide from anyone.
House for a cat made of cardboard
Such a dwelling is one of the most popular, because it does not require special skills and material costs.
DIY cat house projects
Not to spend a lot of money, as well as to make a very original home for your pet, imagination and improvised materials will help.
How to sew
A fabric cat house is one of the fastest manufacturing options
To make a fabric house, you will need the following materials:
- Two pieces of fabric measuring 200×60 cm (one of them should be denser, because it will be used for the inner side of the structure).
- The foam must be the same size as the fabric.
Next, you need to do the following:
- Draw a house template on the newspaper. Its dimensions can be 40x40x25 (width, height, roof slopes, respectively). The bottom will have a size of 40×40 cm.
- Cut all walls from one piece of fabric. Do the same with another piece of material. Thus, there should be 8 wall elements and 2 bottoms.
- Using foam rubber, cut 4 walls and bottom according to the template.
- Place foam rubber between the obtained pieces of fabric and sew the material around the perimeter.
- Connect all the details of the house with a strong seam.