- Denim, nylon, cotton and linen, flock, plush, fleece and velor, faux fur or satin. As a filler. synthetic winterizer, foam rubber, batting, woolen cloth, holofiber, fluff. Almost any material is suitable for a bed. But keep in mind that your pet will dig, bite and stretch the fabric. a strong, wear-resistant material will last longer;
- Use strong threads and reliable hardware. If your dog has a habit of gnawing sticking out / hanging things, do not decorate the bed with beads, bows, ruffles, etc.;
- Sew the pillow into the cover for easy cleaning. The bottom does not need to be made too soft and voluminous. soft sides and pillows are enough for the pet to rest like a king;
- Before you make a bed for your dog, measure your pet again and think about where its bed will be. This will help determine the size of the berth and the shape of the bed;
- Consider the nature and degree of hairiness of the dog. Heat-loving sissies have high sides and a thick mattress. Curious activists. low sides so as not to limit the view. A pet in a rich fur coat will be hot in a fur lounger.
Do-it-yourself dog bed: photos and patterns
Patterns and process description
There is nothing difficult to sew a lounger from several parts. For example, from a rectangular bottom and four stripes for the sides, this is the standard version, uncomplicatedly convenient and suitable for dogs of any size:
But you can cut the most painstaking and difficult part of the work. stitching the parts together. You will have to devote a little more time to cutting, but cutting out is easier and easier than cutting and stitching. The picture below shows how to sew a lounger (rectangular or square with sides) using just one piece:
- Cut out two rectangles from a solid canvas. To find out the dimensions, add the height of the sides (from 4 sides) to the desired dimensions of the berth;
- Cut off the corners as in the picture. Or leave it if the density of the filler allows you to make a fold;
- We sew parts along the perimeter of the bottom, on three sides. We put the filler in the resulting “”, sew up the last side of the bottom;
- We fill the sides, we sew. We get a rectangle with pot-bellied protrusions;
- In the corners we insert zippers with clamps or drawstrings. The clasp tightens the edges and raises the sides vertically. the lounger is ready! When it’s hot, the cozy lounger can be turned into a mattress by lowering the sides.
If you tightly sew the joints in those places where, according to the idea of the lightning, you get an ordinary rectangular bed with sides from one part. If you do not cut out the corners and do not raise the sides, you get a cozy lounger-mattress:
Option 2, removable with elastic
The following pattern for a dog bed seems more complicated, but in reality everything is very simple. It turns out an option with a pallet, which can be used as a wooden or plastic box. And even a tight box is suitable for small dogs. You can paste over it with tape in several layers. the cardboard will last longer. It will turn out like this, but in a rectangular shape:
Wide ribbed sides will hide a box or box completely, so you don’t have to look for something visually decent. Before making a sunbed, make sure that the selected box is not too tight for the dog. soft sides will reduce the space. Now measure the box. bottom length / width (inside) and side height. The outer sides of the lounger should be slightly longer, because the assembly on an elastic band eats up a couple of centimeters. We transfer the pattern to the fabric, you will need two parts.
- We sew the bottom on three sides, lay it with filler, sew it up;
- We fill with padding polyester (or whatever you like better) the inner walls of the lounger, sew it up. Now the outer walls are sewn up too. The longitudinal seam between the inner and outer walls will allow the cover to bend without clumping the filler and fabric.
- We sew the joints of the sides to make a cover. We put it on the box, insert an elastic band and pull it so that the edges of the bed fit snugly against the sides of the box, but the cover, if desired, could be removed without breaking the elastic.
Oval or round loungers are even easier to assemble. Again two details. two identical circles / ovals. Detail size: sleeping area height of the sides.
- We lay the bottom with filler and tightly sew the two parts together, along the inner circle;
- We fill the side and sew, passing an elastic band or lace along the edge of the outer circle. If you divide the board into “s” (sewn with transverse seams at an equal distance), the bed will turn out to be more voluminous and softer;
- We tighten the elastic by lifting the side. Done!
How to make a do-it-yourself dog bed?
It is generally accepted that every cat needs its own soft and comfortable bed. Dogs have plenty of room on the mat. But this is not entirely true of man’s best friends. Own place is an important psychological factor in the attachment of the animal to the house, and, of course, most breeds would prefer to rest in a soft cozy couch than on a thin door rug.
Advantages and disadvantages
Among the minuses, we can only note that it will take some time to create. However, it can be turned into a plus. After all, you can involve children in work by spending a pleasant family evening with them making a bed for a pet.
By the way, pet owners know that their pets love to sleep on the owner’s clothes. The fact is that four-legged friends, in the absence of the owner, experience melancholy and boredom. Clothes that have fallen to the floor smells like their loved one, so dogs and cats love to relax on the owner’s things. In this regard, a homemade bed made from the owner’s old clothes will appeal to the dog much more than a purchased copy.
Another plus in favor of any bed is keeping the wool in one place. A dog that has no place of its own can lie down in the bedroom in the morning, in the hallway in the afternoon, and in the kitchen in the evening. Accordingly, for the whole day, the whole apartment will be filled with dog hair.
If the animal rests in only one place, then the owner will have to clean one bed of wool, and not run around the house with a vacuum cleaner.
We suggest trying to make one of three options for home dog beds. simple, complicated and complex. To create the most ordinary sunbed, you need an old knitted sweater. There are several steps to follow.
- Stitch horizontally from one armpit to the other. You should get two parts, among which the lower one will become the bottom, and the sleeves and the chest area will become bumpers.
- Stuff the bottom with the materials suggested above, or use an old pillow that matches the size. Sew the resulting “bag” tightly with threads or pull off with a string.
- Sew the sleeves to each other in such a way that they form the so-called pipe, which also needs to be filled with filler through the collar. The more elastic the sides are, the more durable and comfortable the product will be for the dog.
- Sew the neckline and fasten the sides obtained from the sleeves around the perimeter of the lounger.
It will take about half an hour to make such a bed, and even a child can cope with this task.
A pet will definitely appreciate a homemade bed.
A slightly sophisticated model can be made from old jeans. Step-by-step instructions for creating a denim bed:
- cut old jeans into 12 identical rectangles 24 cm high;
- attach the strips to each other with the front sides and sew their edges, iron the seams;
- from the sewn flaps, one strip with a length of about 150 cm should be obtained;
- sew the ends of the strip into a ring;
- cut out a circle with a radius of 24 cm from jeans. if the length is not enough, then you can create the missing parts using the applique;
- lay a layer of padding polyester and an old towel in the bottom area, sew two circles with the filler hidden inside;
- bend the side in half and sew to the bottom, and when about 10 cm remains to be sewn, fill the side with padding polyester, you can use a stick or wire for stuffing;
- sew up the remaining hole, if there are unused ends, cut them off, or sew into the sides.
This option can be used from two different sides. with or without bumpers. Depending on the size of the dog, the parameters of the bed may vary. This option is made for miniature breeds.
How to Build a Custom Dog Bed // DIY
A more complex model for resting a dog is a house. It will take a little more time and materials. To create a house, follow these steps:
- pick up fabric for upholstery, fold it in half, draw a pattern in a size that is comfortable for the dog;
- cut out all parts with seam allowances;
- cut out the same parts from a dense sheet of foam rubber, but less by a couple of centimeters than the fabric elements;
- sheathe all foam parts with fabric cutouts, fasten them securely.
The house is ready, but for convenience, you can put a pillow or blanket inside. Alternatively, one of the sides can be zipped.
In this case, in the house it will be possible to easily clean up or get out of there things that the dog hid in his den.
Instructions for making a wooden couch
For large dogs, it is impractical to make a soft bed, since under the large weight of the animal, the structure crumples and quickly becomes unusable. For a dog bed to last longer, it is recommended that it be made of wood. This option is perfect for both a domestic dog and an outdoor dog. A rigid wooden frame will allow a large animal to comfortably accommodate. Follow these steps to create a cozy dog resting place.
- Prepare boards of the correct size. To do this, you can take old pallets, disassemble them into parts, sand them well and cut them into boards of suitable parameters.
- Sand the workpieces so that the dog does not get hurt by burrs.
- There should be four blanks in total: the bottom and sides on three sides. skillful craftsmen can surround all four sides with bumpers by making an entrance in one of the walls.
- Do not use nails for fastening, but self-tapping screws, as nails can injure the dog. Drill holes in the material, deepen the heads of the self-tapping screws as much as possible so that the pet does not cling to them.
- To strengthen the strength of the structure during assembly, use metal corners.
The simplest wood dog bed is ready. For convenience, you can attach a cabinet next to it, in which toys for the dog will be stored. And also some craftsmen adapt the bed to wheels. so it can be moved around the apartment during rearrangement.
Do not forget to cover the bed with a blanket on top to create a cozy atmosphere.
If you have experience with wood, then you can try to make a two-story structure for several dogs. In this case, a wooden staircase will lead to the second level. You can make a similar structure for one dog, but place, for example, bowls for food and water on the ground floor. Then the building will look like a whole dog’s corner.
If the size of the dog allows, then when creating a wooden couch, you can limit yourself to a simple wooden box turned over to the bottom. Another option is to make the bed from solid wooden pallets. In this case, four pallets are required: one base and three sides. The shape of the pallets visually resembles a classic children’s bed, which looks very aesthetically pleasing. You can paint all the material in your favorite color, and varnish it on top.
What materials at hand can be made?
When choosing material for making a dog bed, heed the recommendations of experts.
- It should be a fabric that is comfortable for the dog. Especially careful selection of material is required for short-haired breeds. The pile should not cause irritation, the canvas should not be squeaky. Consider options that are resistant to abrasion, clawing and brushing.
- For smooth-haired breeds, it is recommended to choose materials that store and retain heat. These include flock, velor, plush, felt, velveteen. Faux fur can be made for dogs that sleep warm, but this material should be avoided if the bed is made for pets with allergies.
- For long-haired dogs, beds made of smooth but dense material, such as linen, jeans, tapestry, are suitable.
- Comfortable, warm and soft padding will be made of foam rubber, padding polyester, batting, holofiber. Do not use fluff or straw as they can harbor bacteria and insects.
- Try not to use synthetic fabrics, they build up static electricity and can scare your pet. In addition, this material can provoke allergies in the animal.
There are many options, you just have to show your imagination.
In addition to the above materials, in the manufacture of a homemade couch, you will need other means: threads, scissors, paper for patterns. All this is in every home, and paper can be replaced with an ordinary newspaper. Before drawing up a project and choosing a material, it is worthwhile to study the varieties of dog loungers.
How To Build a Mid Century Modern Dog Bed | Modern Builds | EP. 72 | DIY
- Pillow. Suitable for both large and small dogs. It is carried out quickly, just stuffed with foam rubber or padding polyester. Doesn’t take up much space, you can just put it in the dog’s basket.
- A sunbed with a side. It is a bed with “walls”. Sometimes it can be made from the above cushion, embedded in a base with sides. Plywood or corrugated board is used as a base.
- House. Usually created for small breed dogs. Time-consuming to manufacture. Sewing can be done by grasping the base, for example, a box. For warmth, you can lay out sheepskin or faux fur inside.
- Wooden bed. This variant is made for guard dogs of large breeds. A wooden lounger is often installed on the street next to the booth or directly in the aviary. A more complex variety. For manufacturing, you will need wood, self-tapping screws, a screwdriver and other tools.
When making a dog bed, use additional recommendations.
- Any pillows and stuffed materials should be fluffed at least 2 times a year. It is necessary to regularly clean the casing from debris and wool. To do this, you can use, for example, a vacuum cleaner or a roller for cleaning wool, it is sold at an economical price in the economic department.
- When choosing a sewing fabric, give preference to materials with a small print. The fact is that the white canvas gets dirty quickly, it will have to be washed often, and wool is clearly visible on a black background. Bright fabric with fine details does not need to be vacuumed as often.
- For convenience, you can initially choose a covering made of materials that repel wool and water. An even simpler option is to make the entire structure in a case. Then you just have to take out the pillow from the cover, clean the cover from wool and wash it in a typewriter.
- When decorating a homemade stove bench, give up the use of beads, beads, bows and other decorations. Not only can a dog cling to such a detail and injure a paw, but also active individuals will not mind gnawing such a peculiar toy or swallowing it.
- When making a soft bed, use strong threads and reliable fittings. Many dogs, especially at a young age, love to gnaw, tear, taste everything, so a poorly stitched design will quickly become unusable. For the same purpose, try to choose a strong, wear-resistant material for cladding.
- Measure the dog several times before making it, and also think about where you can put the dog’s bed in advance. Perhaps, tenants of small-sized apartments should completely abandon the dog’s bed, so as not to force space. In such cases, you can put sun loungers and houses on the balcony, but this option is only suitable for the warm season.
- The type of bed is selected taking into account the breed of the dog. If this is a miniature eternally trembling dog, experiencing constant cold, then it will be glad to have a bed with high sides, behind which it can hide from the dangers of the world around it, and a thick mattress laid inside for heating. Active dogs, participants in any household chores, will prefer a bed with low sides that will not restrict their view.
If this is a dog with warm long hair, then he will refuse to sleep in a fur bed, a light construction made of smooth material will suit him.
How to sew
To make a bed of any size, the following materials are needed: strong thread with a needle, scissors, paper for patterns, several types of fabric, as well as foam rubber, synthetic winterizer or silicone for filler.
Consider a few of the most convenient options and tell you how to make a bed for a dog.
How to choose
The choice of model depends on many factors: coat length, size, character, individual characteristics of the breed. Therefore, getting started, first familiarize yourself with all types of dog beds, and then choose the most convenient option that is right for your pet.
- Cradle (or stage). Such a secluded shelter is more suitable for small animals who prefer silence and solitude. Usually dog cradles are equipped with removable cushions or bedding, the material of which changes according to the season.
- Scops pillow. This option is very easy to maintain, does not take up much space, and will suit almost any interior. In addition, the cushion-shaped bed can be sewn for both large and small dogs. If you wish, you can put it in a low basket.
- A sunbed with a side. The most common option. Depending on the size of the dog, you can make a small cozy nest or a whole sofa for rest.
- Cozy house. Just like cradles or stage, these designs require a lot of effort and time to create it. But it’s worth it! As a result, your pet will receive his own private apartment, where you can sleep or hide from strangers. In winter, the house can be insulated by laying a sheepskin or faux fur on the bottom.
The advantage of a homemade bed is that you yourself can choose the material and color for the bed, as well as sew it exactly to the size of the dog.
Do-it-yourself dog bed
If you are going to get a dog, try to create conditions for the animal in which it will be cozy and comfortable. Our pets also deserve a separate space, even if you live in a very small apartment. The solution to the problem can be a bed for a dog, which, if desired, can be made with your own hands.
Lounger with sides
In order not to spend extra money, you can show your imagination and try to make a bed for a dog with your own hands from an old knitted sweater. An unnecessary thing will take on a new life, and your pet will certainly appreciate your efforts.
- Sew a sweater horizontally from one armpit to another, thus dividing the jacket into 2 parts: the lower one will serve as the bottom for a sleeping place, and the sleeves and chest area will become excellent bumpers.
- Fill the bottom bag with padding polyester, or just stick an old unnecessary pillow inside. Pull off the bottom of the sweater by threading a lace through it, or just carefully sew it up with strong threads.
- Sew two sleeves together to form one solid tunnel, which must be evenly filled with padding polyester. Do not feel sorry for the filler, as the sides should be elastic, firm, and not deform under the weight of the pet.
- Having filled the entire upper part with padding polyester, we sew the neck. Next, we attach the sides of the bed around the entire perimeter of the bottom.
To make the product convenient to wash from time to time, it is enough to sew 2 small zippers into the lower and upper parts of the jacket.
The next model of the crib is sewn as easily as the first one. This is a round or oval bed, the bottom of which is filled with filler. To get a beautiful do-it-yourself dog bed, carefully consider the patterns.
- Take a large piece of fabric and fold it in half with the back side up.
- Measure the dog, and based on the measurements taken, draw a circle on the fabric with chalk or soap (so that you can clean it).
- Having stepped back 25-30 cm, draw another circle around for future sides.
- Measure another 2-3 cm on the fabric, and draw another circle to tighten the sides.
- Cut the product with scissors, leaving a couple of centimeters for allowances.
- Sew the smallest circle, leaving a little space to fill. Fill the bottom of the crib with padding polyester tightly, and sew up the hole through which the product was filled.
- Sew the second circle, and, like the previous one, fill it with filler.
- On the third circle, you also need to lay a seam, leaving an unstitched section, and then carefully stretch a long lace, tape or rope through the entire perimeter of the circle.
- Pull and tie the lace to place the collars in an upright position.
Such a lounger is also convenient because, if necessary, the lace can be easily untied and the sleeping place can be turned into a practical mattress.
Even a novice needlewoman can sew such a model of a bed. For sewing, you don’t even need to cut out a separate pattern. it is enough to outline the length and width of the future pillow under the ruler. The main thing is to choose the right size and fabric.
For smooth-haired breeds, a fleecy material is suitable so that the pet does not freeze on cold evenings, but shaggy dogs will be more delighted with a pillow made of thick cotton, jeans or linen.
Step-by-step master class on making a dog bed with your own hands:
- Spread a piece of fabric on the floor, and draw 2 parts of the proposed crib on it. One of them will be the same shape as shown in the figure, and the second is the same in size, only without sides (rectangle a).
- After determining the size of the pillow (it should be able to accommodate the animal with its legs outstretched), draw the details on the fabric using a ruler and pen. It can be not only square or rectangular, but also any other shape you wish.
- Now the resulting fragments can be cut, stepping back from the edge of the line by a few centimeters.
- Then you need to sew the corners of one piece, and sew the two pieces together (remember to leave an unstitched section through which you will fill the pillow with silicone). After that, it remains only to turn out the pillow, and fill it tightly with filler.
- At the end, carefully sew the thick thread to fill.
You can also sew several options for pillowcases, taking into account the seasonality and interior of the room.
Knowing how to sew a pillow-shaped bed for a dog, you can try to make models more difficult. For example, a small pet house that resembles a cozy mink. To do this, we need a lot of dense foam rubber sheet and sheathing material.
When sewing a bed for dogs with your own hands, it is better to use the patterns shown in the photo. You just have to choose the color and size.
- Fold the fabric for upholstery in half, carefully draw a pattern (you can substitute your own sizes, the main thing is that the proportions are respected).
- Cut out all parts with seam allowances (the figure shows one whole piece, but parts of the house must be made from pieces, which must then be carefully sewn together).
- By the same principle, draw and cut out parts from foam rubber. They should be 1-2 cm less than the fabric parts. (You need to navigate by the thickness of the foam rubber).
- Sheathe all foam parts with cloth and fasten them.
In places with the inscription “lock”, you can insert a zipper or sew on a strong Velcro. It is better to sew a separate pillow in the middle of the pet house, which will be convenient to take out and wash.
Care of the product
it should be said that pillowcases, as well as removable bedding, need to be washed regularly. By initially choosing materials that repel wool and water, frequent cleaning and washing can be avoided. At least once every six months, you still have to knock out the pillows and beat the filler. But this has its own plus. if the dog has its own personal corner, you will not have to collect wool and dirt all the time throughout the house.
With big and more problems
With a bed for a large dog, the situation is more complicated, but not much, you just need to know what’s what. And most importantly, what’s what. a dog’s dream. It will not sleep well, will not feel the full care of the owner and will not be able to respond with the same dog affection.
Each dog has its own preferred sleeping position, see fig. And depending on the breed and personal, individual.
But, like humans, a dog’s favorite sleeping position can change with age and depending on circumstances. It is advisable to arrange a sleeping place for the dog so that the dog sleeps sweetly on it once and for all, from a puppy to senile decrepitude. There is a way, this is a transforming bed, see below.
The second snag is the weight of the dog. precisely, the mass of her body, which may be more than a human. If you have ever slept on the floor, did you wake up after that, stretching sweetly? And why? Because people toss and turn in a dream. Dogs too. And the hard floor, as it were, gives every movement of the sleeping person back to his body.
Simply put, a more or less large dog for normal sleep needs a kind of bed, a little “playing” under the lying one. Therefore, branded dog beds are often made on a rigid frame (item 1 in the figure) with an elastic bottom raised above the floor.
For a puppy, replace such a possible wooden bed for a cat (pos. 2), only the padding of the mattress needs a different one, see above. For an adult dog, it is advisable to make a simple bed (pos. 3) with lamellas from planks or plywood strips 6-12 mm thick. Dogs do not understand human aesthetics, and ergonomics are easier for them, so a dog bed can be a very simple wooden frame with slats and a mattress, pos. four.
Note: the bed-bed is also good because the place for the dog can be located anywhere in the house. the dog will not blow through from below, but from above its own wool warms well.
A lamella rookery is a royal luxury from a dog‘s point of view, but not absolutely obligatory. And a person could sleep well on a wide bench in an old peasant hut, there would be at least some kind of damper between the mattress with the body and the floor, a kind of spring of at least 2 plates. Therefore, a bed for a large dog can be made in different ways, see eg. roller:
On a cord or elastic
What you need to know
The bed for the dog is arranged in the same way as for the cat. But, in order to properly make a bed for a dog, you need to keep in mind that:
- The dog was domesticated by man many earlier than the cat. If domestic cats freely interbreed with wild forest cats and give viable fertile offspring, then there is nothing to hear about dog-wolf hybrids. Therefore, the genetic ties with the progenitors (ancestor memory) are much weaker in dogs than in cats.
- Dogs are exclusively terrestrial animals. A poodle or lapdog can jump on a closet, but cannot climb a tree.
- Dogs’ claws do not retract. They are thicker, sturdier, less curved than felines and therefore almost never tangled or get stuck.
- The skin glands of dogs, by their nature active pack hunter-beaters, are more developed than those of cats. ambush predators. If a wild cat needs to hide and wait in order to feed itself, then a wolf or a wild dog must clearly mark its path so that the leader can properly organize the hunt of the pack.
- A flock of predators of the canine family in nature is a terrible force: neither a bear, nor a tiger, nor a wild buffalo or an elephant can cope with it. Dogs do not need to disguise themselves on vacation. On the contrary, the members of the pack must sense each other. All dog lovers could smell the dog, but who ever heard that it smelled of cat? Therefore, dogs are not as neat as cats: they do not wash and toilet skills are less developed.
At home, these differences are less pronounced and a bed for a cat will generally work for a dog of the same size. The main difference is the padding. A synthetic winterizer or holofiber is unambiguously not suitable: they firmly hold the grease in themselves and fall off from it. Furniture foam rubber of brands from 35 to 45 is more suitable. But the best option is coconut fiber. It is practically eternal under the dog, and the padded bed does not need to be washed: it is enough to rinse it vigorously in hot water or rinse it under a strong hot shower; the coconut padding dries quickly, almost simultaneously with the fabric. You can often buy coconut fiber much cheaper than a new one at a car service. Coconut is also used to make the upper upholstery of car seats.
Note: The upholstery fabric for a dog bed will work the same as for a cat bed, except for fleece, flock, microfiber, etc. fluffy, retaining grease and other secretions. Jeans, linen, any synthetics will do. thanks to the same skin glands, dogs are not very sensitive to static electricity, they are smaller than us. Experienced villains know that it is unrealistic to lay down a guard dog with a stun gun.
The second is the origin of the dog breed. We will touch on some of the nuances of this kind further, but for now we will not wind a mustache: the dogs of indoor decorative breeds have almost completely lost the memory of their ancestors and, resting, sometimes fall apart in the most shameless way, see fig. on right. Therefore, a bed for a miniature indoor dog should be about the same size as for a medium-sized mongrel.
How to make a large bed for a small dog, see the video below:
Beds for dogs: homemade options for small and large, for all occasions
A bed is necessary for any domestic four-legged, like a horseshoe for a horse. The reason is the same: the floor or road surface is harder than earth or a living tree, after all, there is no requirement for the greatest wear resistance. A do-it-yourself bed for a dog can be made in the evening or even in 15-20 minutes, and will cost much less than a purchased one. For dog beds, this is more important than for cats. the price of any product, among other things, depends on its size. Structurally, beds for dogs and cats are similar, but dogs are on average larger than cats. And, finally, making a bed for your dog with your own hands, you can accurately take into account the habits and habits of your friend.
A bed for all occasions
It is customary to present any cognitive material from simple to complex. And we will start with a soft transforming bed: it is even easier to sew it than the simple sewn ones described below.
The pattern and appearance of the transforming bed for a dog of Spanish design are shown in Fig. Dimensions are given without machining allowance, see below.
Pattern and appearance of a transforming bed for a dog
- The sizes can be changed proportionally according to the size of the dog;
- With all the sides raised, this bed is suitable for puppies and small playful lap dogs;
- Throwing back the front and, possibly, one of the side boards, the transforming bed can be adapted to any favorite sleeping position of a dog of any size, except for a giant one;
- On a wooden bed for a large dog, a transforming bed is laid in the same way as a regular bed;
- When folded, the transforming bed can be taken with you in your luggage if the dog accompanies you on a trip.
With a low side and a bow
For this version of execution (for very small dogs, bottom right in the figure), 2 different parts are needed from soft, well-stretched fabric: one along the contour of the white circle (white rim. allowance), the other along the green circle with the same allowance. Filler. fibrous or crumbly; side padding is loose. The sewing procedure is the same as before. case, but after flashing the bottom and filling the bead, the outer wing of the sidewall is folded inward, the braid (tape) is put into the sleeve and a double seam is made; outer. 0.5-1 cm from the bend. You can also sew in one seam, but then the assembly when tightening the braid will go messy.
For a simple stove bench (top right in the figure), 3 different parts are cut: 2 for the bottom (with an allowance for processing, see above), and the board along the contour of the white circle in Fig. 2 allowances are given on the side: outward and in the cutout under the bottom. Details of the bottom made of different fabrics: the bottom, which will lie on the floor or somewhere else, from burlap, jeans, etc. The upper one is made of decorative fabric. The bottom is sewn together with a pillow, the side is sewn with a bagel, and then everything together with the wing fold inward, see above. The stuffing of such a couch should not be dense and solid, otherwise you will not sew and lay beautifully. The best option is old knitwear cut into rags or coconut fiber, see above.
How to make a do-it-yourself dog bed in the form of a pillow
Sleeping place in the form of a pillow is suitable for resting any dog, regardless of their size. A useful accessory will not take up much space, as it fits comfortably in a special basket. Making a device with your own hands is quite simple. It is enough to be able to use a needle, thread and scissors.
Do not use hard objects when sewing pet pillows
Materials and tools
- soft filler (synthetic winterizer, you can use another);
- a piece of fabric of a suitable color;
- threads suitable for shades (preferably strong or folded several times);
- scissors and pins;
- sewing machine.
Bright colors will be appropriate if the dog lives in the nursery
In this case, preference should be given to fabrics that will not deform after washing. Otherwise, the pillow will become uncomfortable for your pet over time. He may completely refuse to rest on it.
Step-by-step instructions for folding the sunbed
Choose a suitable sweatshirt or sweater. It is important that the size of the finished product is suitable for placing a pet on it. The algorithm of actions will be as follows.
- We take several pieces of unnecessary fabric or a pillow, flatten them or put them in a sweater, so that they are in the middle.
- We leave 15 cm of free space on top, and up to 45 cm below, if the size of the jacket allows.
- We fold the neck of the sweater so that the collar is strong and elastic. Gradually move to the sleeve.
- Having fixed it so that it does not disintegrate, we proceed to the second sleeve and do the same. They should be twisted tightly enough.
- We tie the sleeves together, and distribute their ends on the sides of the future bed.
- We wrap the lower part of the jacket tightly under the sleeves so that it does not jump out. The resulting corners can be tucked into the side walls of the bed.
It is allowed to sew the loose ends of the sweater with a strong thread
As a result, the product is very easy to care for: you just need to disassemble and wash in a typewriter. Doesn’t require any special skills to create. The execution time of such a Hand-made is about 15 minutes.
Step-by-step photo instructions for sewing
In order for the product to be of the highest quality, all stages of work must be observed. Skipping even one moment can be worth various troubles: irregular shape, poor-quality seams, protruding filler.
|We fold two blanks right side to each other. This is done in order to complete the purl seam.|
|In the same way, we fold the prepared tapes for the sides. Sew the short edge twice so that we get one solid piece|
|We apply the tape to one of the parts. We carry out the seam “face to face”. We start sewing from a narrow edge, which in the future will be necessary for stuffing|
|Pin the two pieces at the rounded corners with pins in order to get a neat seam. As the presser foot advances, each fastener will retract.|
|We sew to the intended place, from where the filler will be introduced. We cut off the excess part of the strip so that it is convenient to make a seam, that is, we leave some distance for the line|
|We put pins in the place of the connecting seam so that the line is even and neat|
|We connect the prepared product with the rest. We split it with a pin and sew a line, leaving a hole for the filler.|
It remains only to tightly fill the pillow with padding polyester and sew up the edge. It should turn out to be lush and quite elastic.
On a note! To prevent the dog’s bed from collapsing over time, it can be divided into sections. To do this, parallel to either side, we make two seams at a distance of 10 cm from each other.
List of materials and tools
Sewing such a design will take twice as long as an ordinary fabric pillow.
Let’s get down to the step-by-step algorithm for creating a dog house.
- We wrap the foam parts with prepared textiles and make a line from all sides.
- Be sure to sheathe the edges of the cutout, which will serve as the entrance to the house. If it doesn’t work with a machine, you can do it manually.
- We connect the parts one by one to each other and make a double line for strength.
- We attach the floor to the house. It is better to fix it with a zipper. In the future, it will be more convenient to clean the bed and take out unnecessary items from there.
The product is ready to use. After that, do not decorate it with beads and various brooches. The animal can gnaw, swallow or injure them.
Several fabrics can be used for sewing, creating a combined design of the bed
The product can be made of grapevine, long brushwood and other weaving materials. A lounger is made like an ordinary manual basket. In addition to such a resting place, they must sew a pillow in size. You can attach a sign with the pet’s name to the edge of the bed.
Wicker houses for animals are well ventilated, do not let the heat through