Structural elements and their location
In order to develop the design of a house for a cat with your own hands, you will have to deal with drawings, diagrams and sketches.
- First you need to decide on the size and space. It is advisable to place the house where there will be no draft, since cats are heat-loving animals.
- A small house for a cat can be easily moved from place to place, but it is better to choose a permanent location for it. the pet gets used to it and always knows where to find shelter.
- Preference should be given to environmentally friendly and safe materials. It is not recommended to use chemically treated wood or synthetic fabrics. They do not allow air to pass through, but they provide an excellent breeding ground for all kinds of skin parasites.
- It is necessary to carefully close all fastening points so that metal joints and self-tapping screws do not protrude from under the fabric pasting. This does not apply to cardboard and soft foam houses, but you will have to tinker with wooden structures.
In order to make a house for a cat with your own hands, the master should evaluate the instrumental capabilities. If you have electrical equipment (jigsaw, drill, milling cutter), then most often they decide to create a wooden structure or a whole game complex.
The presence of a sewing machine immediately suggests making a soft house from fabric and foam rubber. Well, for everyone else, cardboard, scissors and glue remain. also an interesting option for a budget home for a beloved pet.
What is a house for?
Natural inclinations of cats dictate their line of behavior, regardless of what breed the pet belongs to. Even if the apartment has the most comfortable living conditions for the animal, the cat will still look for a safe place to rest, calm down, ambush or warm up (their body temperature is higher than that of a human).
Turning an old sweater
Such a product can hardly be called a full-fledged house, sewn by hand. This is most likely a simple bed, but very cute and original.
The sleeves of a sweater or jumper are inserted one into one and fastened with a thread. Then they put a filler in them. scraps of fabric, rags, felt, foam rubber or even a lot of thick paper. It is important to form a rounded side. Next, the main part of the sweater is sewn to the bottom of this roller, and the neck is fixed with a thread so that it serves as a continuation of the outer contour.
DIY scratching posts
Another way to equip a cat with a place to grind its claws is to make a device with your own hands.
- Take a piece of plastic pipe (Ø 150 mm or more). The length is determined by the size of the cat. For a large Maine Coon, you need to provide at least a meter, and for an ordinary mongrel, 60-70 cm will be enough.
- Prepare a thick rope. jute rope is better than others.
- Attach 3-4 metal corners to the bottom of the pipe. In the future, they will be needed for a reliable connection with the base of the playing area.
- If an additional connecting node is planned on the wall of the house, then immediately install the semicircular bracket to the desired height. All metal elements are mounted in advance and subsequently covered with a rope sheath.
- Wrap the edge of the cord with electrical tape and through this seal screw it to the pipe with a self-tapping screw.
- Another way is to drill a hole at the bottom along the diameter of the rope, pass the tip into it and tie a thick knot on the back. It will not allow the rope to come out and will provide a tight tightening of the turns.
- Wrap the pipe carefully and tightly along its entire length, covering the metal parts and leaving no free space between turns.
- At the top, seal the edge again with electrical tape and screw it to the plastic.
A cat’s house with a handmade scratching post is already a good start for the future play complex. The rope device is somewhat inferior to natural wood, but in general it copes with the task perfectly and withstands the pressure of sharp cat’s claws for a long time.
Tools and materials for work
You can first choose the material for making a cat house with your own hands, and only then find the necessary tools.
A wooden cat house is the most difficult and time consuming, but very practical and durable. To make it you will need a regular saw, screws and a screwdriver.
But it is better if the master has a different, more universal set of tools at his disposal:
- Electric jigsaw;
- Screwdriver or drill;
- Furniture stapler and large staples;
- Glue gun;
- Corner and conventional clamps;
- Roulette and a set of rulers. simple and angular;
- Stationery knife and scissors;
- Self-tapping screws, metal corners, staples, universal glue for wood and fabric.
The walls and roof are made of thick plywood or chipboard, and the outer and inner gluing is made with strong furniture upholstery. it is dense, has a long service life and resists sharp claws well. With such a set, it is quite possible to build a house for a cat in 1-2 days.
The most budget-friendly option for a cat house is thick cardboard. You can take new sheets and adapt the remaining packaging from large household appliances (refrigerators, TVs, stoves) for the project.
Corrugated boxes keep their shape perfectly, can be easily cut and glued. A set of accessories for such a house:
- Sharp knife and scissors;
- Ruler and pencil;
- Stationery stapler.
The sketch and scheme of the cat house can be drawn directly on the material and immediately cut along the outlined lines.
Fabric and foam rubber house. It requires the least tools, and women’s hands will cope with the work in a matter of hours. But a sewing machine capable of processing edges and joining several layers of dense fabric is required. To insert the foam filler, you need to provide for detachable zippers, since it will have to be periodically pulled out and disinfected.
Fabric houses can be quite simple, without wide internal elements. To do this, you will additionally need thin wooden slats, and the design will be very similar to a camping tent or an Indian wigwam. A soft house for a cat, which you can make with your own hands, usually turns out to be author’s. each owner comes up with something individual for his pet.
There are also quite exotic ways of arranging a cat’s house. For example, weaving from newspaper tubes. The result is a kind of a basket of arbitrary shape. it all depends on the imagination and the time spent. But the hard bottom in the house will still have to be covered with a soft foam mat or other dense mattress.
Cat plywood multi-story structure
Complex projects are best done with wood. This material allows you to implement any sketch and, which is very important, later you can return to refinement and improve the complex by attaching additional elements to it. At the same time, drawings with the dimensions of a cat house, for example, made of plywood, should immediately provide for the future development of the play area. Otherwise, you will have to redo the base and make changes to the entire structure.
Made of wood
A wooden cat house is the most durable and reliable option of all projects. It is beneficial in many ways:
- Serves for a long time;
- Suitable for active animals who like to jump on the roof or sharpen their claws on the walls;
- Other elements can be easily attached to it, and the recreation area is transformed into a playground for the cat.
Here you cannot do without a set of carpentry tools, but the result is always very impressive. individual projects take into account the peculiarities of the space and fit into the interior of the room.
Step-by-step instructions for a homemade wooden cat house.
- Make the bottom base of the entire structure (at least 600×600 mm).
- Mark plywood sheets 400×400 mm (5 pieces).
- Use a jigsaw to cut a round hole in one of the walls (Ø 150-200 mm). Through it, the cat will enter the house.
- Consider a system for fixing the walls and base. They can be combined with self-tapping screws, corners or wooden slats. If screws or nails are used, sharp tips should not protrude to the surface. such places should be carefully cleaned with a file or sandpaper.
- Assemble the frame of the house (2 side plus front and rear).
- Cover with a cloth, carefully close all metal elements so that the cat cannot accidentally hurt himself.
- The roof of the house must be removable. This will make it easier to clean its interior and disinfect.
- Connect the house with the basement platform and complete the pasting of external elements.
If there is a pre-prepared scratching post, then it should be fixed on the main structure.
From newspaper tubes
The most original project of a cat house. It is based on traditional basket weaving, but this time paper is the starting material.
- Using a long knitting needle, you need to make many tubes. The ends are held together with office glue.
- 4 groups of tubes of 4 pieces each are folded with an asterisk.
- The braid starts from the center, first, 4 tubes are tied, located diagonally. After 4-5 cm, they are divided by 2, and after another 5 cm, all the tubes are bred and continue the circular weaving.
- This creates the bottom of the basket (approx. 35 cm).
- Further, the radial tubules-ribs are bent up, weaving continues in a vertical plane.
- The formation of the entrance is done in the opposite way. elements of 2-4 pieces are combined to form holes.
On the bottom, you can put a soft bedding so that the cat does not lie on the wicker surface.
The finished product is painted, varnished or water-based stain. Such a basket, similar to a cat house made of foam rubber and fabric, can be hung on racks to use it as an additional item in the play area.
DIY cat house: description of models, drawings and manufacturing instructions
It doesn’t take a lot of time to make a cat house with your own hands, and expensive materials will be needed only if the master plans to design something unique.
To make the frame, it is enough to prepare cardboard, glue and a sharp knife, and pasting can be made from the remnants of old clothes. Such a project of a budget house for a cat with their own hands can be implemented by all owners. pets will be very happy to acquire convenient and practical “real estate”.
House for a dog made of foam rubber
Foam rubber is one of the best materials for constructing a pet booth. It holds its shape perfectly, is easy to clean, and is available in a wide variety of options. You can sew such a house house for a dog with your own hands, using both ready-made patterns and inventing your own designs. Materials for such a home are inexpensive and commercially available.
So, in order to make a house for a dog out of foam rubber, first of all, we stock up on everything you need:
When you cut out parts from foam rubber, strictly follow the calculated dimensions that are suitable for you for the pattern and do not make unnecessary allowances. And already, when you draw the dimensions on the fabric for covering the foam rubber, you can make allowances for the seams. We advise you to cut each detail separately: walls, roof, floor. It seems that it is faster to make a house, having already connected parts to each other, but the result may upset you. Indeed, when covered with fabric, the parts can pull each other and the booth will deform and take on a completely unaesthetic look. Separately cut parts are easier to cover with separately sewn pieces of fabric, and it is easier to neatly stitch together.
A house made of foam rubber will be an excellent option for a recreation area, both for an average dog and for very young representatives. A domestic doggie will appreciate such a cozy home. And if you put more effort on a drop, then instead of several seams (for example, between the walls and the roof), you can hem zippers, and you will get a convenient transforming house that is easy to clean and wash. It is also easy to disassemble and fold with you on the road without distorting the shape.
We do not recommend using the foam rubber booth as a portable dog house. Foam rubber is not at all a durable material. Even if you sew a handle to the roof of such a booth, under the weight of an animal it can easily break.
DIY dog house
How to make a house for a dog with your own hands? This is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance. Depending on the size of the pet (large, medium, small), choose the type of house. It is very important to calculate the size of the house in such a way that the pet is not crowded there. It is better to take a bedding or a pillow on which the dog sleeps as a basis. If it is freely placed on this bedding, its dimensions can be taken as a basis for a house.
First, consider how to make a house for a small dog with your own hands. Such a home is also suitable for medium-sized dogs living in an apartment, but not on the street. A house for a dog in an apartment does not have to be made of solid materials (for example, wood). It can be of any shape, sewn from any material. the main thing is that this soft house for the dog is comfortable. If you wish, you can also take into account how the pet’s dwelling will look in the interior of the apartment.
This can be an open design, but in fact, a regular lounger, or a classic closed version of dog houses (see photo). A closed house can be made of any shape (cone, cube, cylinder), but it is worth noting that four-legged friends most of all love dwellings in the form of a “slipper”. That is, one that would have both a small visor and an open place where you can lie down. The privilege of this form is that, during the hot period, the dog can rest in an open space and at the same time on its own territory. And in the cold winter, the dog has the opportunity to hide inside, where it will feel warm and safe. Examples of such closed loungers can be seen in the photo.
In fact, it is up to the owner to decide which option will be the most convenient. over, you can take into account the position in which the pet likes to sleep. Consider details such as whether you are making a do-it-yourself kennel for an average dog or for small breeds. Does he like to curl up, or does he prefer to sleep, stretched out on his side. In any case, the enthusiastic owner should stock up on all the necessary materials and tools before starting work (several pillowcases, a base for the floor, scissors, threads, a pattern for a dog house).
DIY dog house
All pets need their own corner. They need at least a small piece of personal space where they can retire and relax. Of course, it is not necessary to allocate a separate room for your pet. For a large pet, a large booth is suitable, and small breeds will be quite happy with a small soft house. Be that as it may, but a house for dogs is an important part of keeping a pet and you can’t ignore it.
In addition, everyone can make a comfortable and practical booth for a pet with their own hands. And you don’t have to be a skilled carpenter or have professional sewing skills. In fact, this is a fairly simple matter. You can arm yourself with personal imagination and enthusiasm. If the idea does not come by itself, you can spy on the photo and directly in this article. Also, it is worth noting that a do-it-yourself dog house is a significant savings for the budget.
Do-it-yourself dog booth. Important rules:
- When measuring the size of a puppy, it is necessary to take into account what it will become when it grows up, and design a dwelling for growth.
- The dog booth must be completely safe. It is not recommended to use styrofoam as a base, or other material that four-legged friends like to gnaw and break. It is best to use polyurethane foam at the bottom, which takes the shape of an animal.
- If you are making an indoor dog house, make sure the roof is sturdy. The danger of a fragile roof is that something can fall on top of it or children can sit down. If the pet is inside, it may simply be injured.
- Place the house for the dog (see photo) in such a place and position so that the pet can always freely go out of there.
- Consider your pet’s coat. If the coat is long and sheds frequently, do not use long-pile materials as upholstery in the doghouse. Firstly, your pet will be hot there, and secondly, such a dwelling will be more difficult to clean, later it can become an excellent breeding ground for bacteria and dirt. The best option for long-haired pets would be a transformer house, because it is easy to disassemble and clean.
- A house for medium and small dogs, it should not be made of synthetic materials, they accumulate a static charge in themselves, which can crack when in contact with the fur, or cause minor pain to the pet, thereby creating discomfort. And for dogs of small breeds, such an “electric” house is not suitable at all, because they can be very scared and generally refuse to enter the booth.
- A doghouse should not have an excessive amount of decorative elements. Your pet may not appreciate such creativity and nibble, or even worse, swallow some part of the decor.
To build or sew a dog house, we advise you to use durable and safe, but inexpensive materials. After all, if your dog is an active and playful animal, most likely a home made with your own hands will tear, bend, break over time, or your pet will chew something off from happiness. Therefore, after a while it will be necessary to repair it, or even make a new one. Most of all, a soft house for a dog made of foam rubber or boxes can fall under the distribution.
Small dog houses
How to make a house for a dog or how to sew? The easiest and most practical way would be such an option as a house out of the box (see photo)! Everything here is definitely simple. On a regular box of household appliances that fit in size, cut a hole for the animal (you can on one or both sides). The outer part of the boxes can be pasted over with wallpaper that matches the interior of the room. And in the middle, glue soft materials covered with pillowcases. Place a pillow of a suitable size on the bottom. A cozy home out of the box is ready!
Even easier than a house for a dog out of the box, there may be an option for a comfortable bed for a pet. a bed from an old suitcase (see photo). In this version, nothing is particularly cunning and does not need to be invented. It is only important to fix the lid in the open position so that it does not fall on the dog’s head, you can attach a kind of elevation from below. Place a suitable pillow on the bottom.
A tent booth, or a kind of transforming house, is very easy to make if you have two wire hangers and an old T-shirt at hand. You need to connect the hangers in the middle cross-to-cross. Pull the T-shirt on top, tying the excess parts of the material with a thread on the bottom, put a soft pillow. The T-shirt neckline will serve as an entrance. By the way, such tents (see photo) are loved not only by doggies, but also by representatives of the cat kingdom. Also, the undoubted advantage of such a hut is that it is easy to disassemble, wash and clean. Examples of small dog houses can be seen below.
Small houses for large dogs. Wooden booth
Large dogs guarding the house and territory often live in the yard. If you are the owner of such a pet, you will have to make a little more effort to build a comfortable kennel. Houses for large dogs that will be on the street are best constructed of wood. Firstly, wood is an environmentally friendly material, and secondly, it is durable. Such dwellings are quite suitable for an average dog. But it is better to put it in the yard. It is better to place the booth of a very large dog in an aviary.
Wooden houses for dogs are made in the same way as houses for dogs of medium and small breeds. Only tools will be needed more seriously: a hammer, a saw, nails. First of all, you need to decide how the future home will look like, then measure out the sizes that are comfortable for the pet. As soon as you measure everything and draw with all the required dimensions, you can start working. Photos of various large dog houses can be viewed below.
The width of the doorway is equal to the width of the pet’s chest plus another 10 cm. The height of the manhole should be at least 5 centimeters less than your dog’s withers. The height of the booth should be at least 10 cm higher than the withers of the pet. It should be noted that a wooden dog house should be spacious. The pet should easily unfold in it. Otherwise, the dog may simply refuse to enter the will.
From the middle of the house, the pet must be insulated so that the animal does not freeze in the winter. The walls and roof of the booth must be built tightly so that there are no cracks and the booth is not blown out. Decide in advance where your dog’s booth will be. There should be a complete view of the surrounding area from there. So the pet will be able to carry out guard duty without leaving his home.
Take care of the roof for the booth. It can be both single and gable. The most important thing is that the roof does not leak and ensures dryness and comfort inside the home. You can attach a small shelf to a wooden booth. It is convenient to put dog bowls and toys on this shelf.
House for the dog. How to make a house based on foam rubber
DIY foam house.
- Thick paper or oilcloth to make a natural size pattern;
- Foam rubber sheet 2-3.5 cm thick;
- Upholstery fabric;
- Sharp scissors;
- Marker or chalk;
- Sewing machine (desirable, but can be dispensed with by sewing parts by hand).
You can make the house as practical as possible by stitching zippers into the joints. By unfastening them, you can conveniently clean the house inside.
The minimum width of the house should be such that the dog can lie on its side on the inside, legs extended, without curling up into a ball. Do not forget to measure your pet before starting work and cutting the material.
The easiest way is to make a cube house for a dog with your own hands. It is not much more difficult to make a pyramid house or a miniature den with a round or oval bottom. Other forms are more difficult to manufacture.
Different craftswomen of needlework use different methods of doing the work. You can first cover all the parts with fabric, and then connect them together. The construction is somewhat more complicated, in which the foam is immediately placed between two layers of upholstery: it can be more difficult to fit parts without distortions and asymmetries. When cutting out parts of fabric upholstery, do not forget to add 1.5-2 cm on each side of the part. The thicker the foam rubber you take, the more allowance you need.
It is better to put a mattress with removable pillowcases inside the house. It’s easier to keep things clean.
When choosing a house model for your pet, do not get carried away by the abundant decor. The fewer decorative elements, the easier it will be to keep clean. In addition, the dog can easily bite off and swallow small decorative elements, but this is not at all useful. Inedible items swallowed can lead to upset, vomiting, gastritis, and even intestinal blockage.
House for the street.
A good dog house should be spacious. Its dimensions are determined based on the height and body length of the animal. The height of the house should be such that your pet can stand inside to its full height, without bending its head. Length and width should allow the dog to lie on its side, stretched out and not bending its paws.
It is good that the booth has a vestibule and a canopy at the entrance. In areas with harsh winters, the booth must be insulated with environmentally friendly materials, and the manhole must be curtained with thick fabric or quilted burlap.
The whole structure is located not on the ground, but on a wooden platform, raised 10-15 cm above the ground. The platform should have a slight slope so that moisture can drain away without accumulating. Wood must be pretreated with special compounds that protect it from decay, pests, fungus.
It is convenient when the kennel is located inside the enclosure. this will allow you to lock the dog in case of need. It is better to make the roof removable or openable in order to be able to clean and disinfect inside the house from time to time. Under the roof, you can arrange a box for storing accessories and toys. The roof is made either gable or pitched with a slope. The second option is more convenient for the animal: most dogs love to lie on the roof of their home, observing the surroundings or simply basking in the sun.
Most often, coniferous wood, well dried and treated with antiseptics, is used for a wooden booth. Thick plywood (at least 5 mm) or lining is suitable for external and internal cladding.
For flooring, it is better to take a floorboard. The frame is made of a wooden bar 40-50 mm. The larger the booth, the more reliable the frame should be. Various materials can be used for the roof: wood, slate, tiles and other roofing materials.
Personal dog dwelling.
Some owners fill the space between the walls with peat chips, which gives quite decent results: peat does not rot and works well as a heat insulator. But with such a heater, fire safety decreases.
Some owners build houses for dogs from wooden logs, stone, brick. Sheets of corrugated board are also used, but in such a booth in the summer, the animal can suffer greatly from the heat.
Craftsmen and entertainers turn even old tires, plastic and metal barrels into dog houses, build kennels from empty beer cans or plastic bottles. Sometimes such buildings look very nice, and pets live in them with pleasure.
House made of wood
The furniture arranged for a dog den looks very impressive and unusual. It is also convenient that in the upper compartment you can store dog’s belongings: toys, vitamins, ammunition, tools for grooming hair, clean sheets and towels and other dog things.
Households for large dogs can be built by fencing off the space under the stairs to the second floor of the house. You can make a door from a mesh, then the house will also serve as a cage.
You can also take a table as a basis. The surface of the table will perform its usual functions. By inserting walls between the table legs, you will create a comfortable dog house. You don’t even have to make the bottoms of a kind of booth, but just use a thick mattress of the appropriate size. If such a house is equipped with a net and is designed to be used as a dog cage, be sure to provide space for bowls of water and food. Young puppies should also have absorbent nappies on the floor of the house.
- A loving owner will take care not only of a personal house for his dog, but also so that the pet does not get lost on a walk. GPS dog collars serve just that purpose.
Houses made of foam rubber
House made of foam rubber.
If your dog belongs to long-haired breeds, it is better to avoid fuzzy surfaces, as they become dirty much faster, become clogged with loose hair and fluff, and become unhygienic. It is more difficult to return cleanliness to a fur or fleecy house.
The most practical soft house is made of artificial leather, which is easy to clean and does not absorb dirt. For coziness inside, you can make a fluffy liner, which is much easier to wash than the whole house.
Foam rubber as a base is suitable for animals whose body weight does not exceed 20-24 kg. For more massive and taller breeds, houses made of foam rubber are usually not made, confining themselves to comfortable beds and mattresses for dogs.
- When taking your dog out of the house for a walk, be sure to dress it properly. What exactly? Read here.
Wild dogs and their close relatives make their own dens in natural shelters or dig holes. Wild dogs, wolves and jackals breed in their dens, hiding there from the weather.
The desire to find a shelter with our pets is in their blood, so they are happy to master and settle down houses for dogs and all kinds of booths.
Even cages and kennels for dogs, which cause sharp rejection and rejection among many owners, are perceived by animals in a completely different way. as a refuge, their own territory of safety. Of course, such an attitude towards the cage is formed in the pet, provided the correct approach to education.
It is quite possible to combine a house and a cage, if there is such a need. The need may arise if the dog behaves badly in the absence of the owners: gnaws and tears things, dirty tricks, hooliganism. Sometimes it is also necessary to lock the animal because of the visits of strangers. It is also reasonable to restrict the freedom of movement of young puppies that are not yet accustomed to cleanliness.
For coziness and comfort
You can put a rug or a thin mattress inside the booth in the summer, and for the winter you can fill the sleeping compartment with hay or prepare a thicker mattress. Before changing the seasons, it is necessary to carry out a general cleaning inside the booth:
- Change to a clean litter;
- Wash the walls and floor;
- Treat the interior of the house with disinfectants and flea and tick repellent.
Dogs like it when they can see the entrance to the lot and observe the area. It is better to install the booth so that your pet does not get bored in a small backyard, but can see everything that happens on the site.
The needlewomen also did not ignore the manufacture of beds: they make beds from fabric, from tires, mixed compositions (fabric. wood). The most economical and simple way to create a sunbed is to alter an old sweater or jacket: imagine, you don’t even need a pattern for a sunbed!
For work you will need:
- Sweater or textile jacket.
- Pencil / felt-tip pen.
- Filler, synthetic winterizer or foam rubber.
- Needle and thread / sewing machine.
Spread the sweater out on your work surface. The neck is sewn up, a line is made from one sleeve to another at the level of the chest of the jacket. Fill the future side with foam rubber through the sleeve and insert one sleeve into the other.
Then the sleeves are sewn together. At the current stage, you can adjust the shape of the side: make it rectangular (sew the corners) or rounded. The bottom is stuffed with soft and also sewn, for a round shape, the bottom is tucked up and hemmed in the shape of the side. The final touch is to sew the sleeves to the base.
Original and exclusive
Houses on the technology of geodesic domes have gained wide popularity on the Internet. Such houses are made from slats and fabric or from cardboard. Such houses are used for both children and pets, including dogs.
The advantage of such home booths is that they are suitable for small dogs and are easy to do with your own hands. Alternatively, you can involve your child in doing them.!
So, instructions on how to make a booth in an apartment from cardboard with your own hands:
Creation of patterns and cutting of parts. To do this, you will need:
- Scissors / construction (stationery) knife.
- Pencil pen
Let’s conventionally designate a triangle with red edges as “Triangle A”, with blue. “Triangle B”. You will also need squares for the bottom of your design or rectangles. You can choose the dimensions of the triangles yourself based on the proportions: use small triangles for a smoother dome shape and large ones for a rougher one, the side of a square or rectangle is slightly less than the height of the entrance.
From the edge of triangles and squares, 2-5 cm of stock is counted, which later will serve as a place for fastening parts.
The triangles are fixed with hot glue or Moment glue along the tempered strips. Work should start from top to bottom. Form a pentagon out of five triangles, then attach the remaining parts to each triangle using the diagram. For a beautiful entrance, you can remove one of the triangles of the last tier. The bottom is glued together from squares, leaving room for the entrance.
Proceed with the design. The hideout can be painted with spray paint.
Made of wood
For dogs of large breeds, it is safer to create a large wooden house even in an apartment.
The first option for creating from wood (bars). To do this, you need:
- Wooden blocks or planks.
- Jigsaw or saw.
- Fastening nails / screws.
- Hammer / screwdriver.
- Paint for decoration.
- Grinder for grinding.
How to build:
- The initial stage in building a wooden booth is building a frame. To do this, cut the boards to the required size, fasten them with nails or screws. Thus, we get a box.
- The next step will be to trim and sand the floorboards, walls and roofs. Attach the sanded boards tightly to the frame, starting from the base and ending with the roof. If such a kennel is constantly in the apartment, the roof can be decorated with small sheaves of straw.
- Carefully mark the entrance with a pencil and cut with a jigsaw.
- The final stage will be finishing, decorating or painting the house.
A simplified option for creating a wooden house is to work with plywood. The principle of operation is similar to the first option, the only difference is in the cladding (instead of boards, a sheet of plywood is nailed).
Useful “We sew a shelter for dogs with our own hands”:
- Out of the box
Domesticated for large and medium breeds. The size
The first thing to look out for is your dog’s breed.
The house should be of such a size that the dog can freely go inside, turn around, sit upright (without bending its head) and lie stretched out. Consider the following parameters:
- Height at withers.
- Distance from withers to tip of front paws.
- Chest width.
- Length from nose to tail.
For a rough calculation, refer to the approximate table for some dog breeds.
Measurement is an important part when creating a future house or sunbed. By neglecting this procedure, you increase the chance of creating an uncomfortable product.
Based on the size of the breed, it is easier to determine what the future house will be like:
- From cardboard.
- Fabric (made of foam rubber).
- Wood or plywood.
By creating a “cozy nest” for your pet with your own hands, you get a huge scope for a flight of imagination:
- You can design the model yourself.
- Use fabrics at your discretion (by density, pattern, etc.).
- Bring decor to your taste.
Remember, all diagrams are provided for illustrative purposes. Dimensions shown in the drawings may not fit your pet.
Examples of beautiful and original houses in the photo: recycling of old furniture and household appliances for a berth, wicker loungers, couch beds, bunk beds. Feeder house Very stylish! Real retro: the smallest dog house for an apartment Two-storey wicker cottage Perfect soft house for a little dog! Cool idea: super wine barrel lounger! Plastic egg house for small breeds such as Yorkies and Spitz
Mink Hut for dogs: a real wigwam!
Beautiful houses for dogs in an apartment with your own hands: 6 detailed master classes
Every loving owner wants only the best for his pet. Along with the issues of health, upbringing and care, the idea arises of how to organize your pet a cozy home booth in a vacation apartment.
Let’s find out how to build a house in an apartment for dogs with our own hands?
The most beautiful and warmest options for small dog houses are fabric foam cribs. Experienced needlewomen make patterns for houses of the most diverse and amazing shapes.
To create such a house you will need:
- The cloth. The best choice would be linen, chintz, velor, fleece, faux fur jeans. Synthetic fabrics on contact with wool will electrify and shock the dog. The pet will not live in such a house.
- Foam rubber, synthetic winterizer, satin or down.
- Sewing machine (can be done manually, while the quality of work will be much lower).
How to make a house from foam rubber:
- The first stage of your work will be the choice of the shape and pattern of the bed-house, cutting.
- The pattern “House made of foam rubber” is quite simple and does not require special drawing skills. Based on the diagram provided above, cut out the details: 2 pieces for each side of the house and roof, and one piece of foam rubber. For each fabric part, leave allowances on each side equal to 1.5-2 cm, do not make gaps to the foam rubber.
- The second stage. how to sew a house from foam rubber? The fabric parts of the walls are folded with the front side inward and stitched on three sides, leaving a for foam rubber (it is more convenient to leave the lower part unstitched). The base and roof are sewn in the same way.
- In the third step, distribute the foam rubber over the appropriate parts and sew along the front side. Fold and sew the walls of the house together (the seams go inside the house). We carry out a similar procedure with the base cover.
- The final stage is decoration. You can sew ruffles or lace along the edge of the roof, embroider a nameplate above the entrance, or whatever you like. Here’s how glamorous and beautiful you can make:
You can use another pattern as well. On the diagram, unpainted parts indicate the primary building, from which the roof and bottom will be formed in the process.
How to sew:
According to the “house” pattern, the details are cut out and sheathed with material on both sides. In the place where the roof and wall are sewn together, the seams can be hidden under lace, ribbon or braid. The finished work looks like this.
Both options in one photo. The pink house is made according to the first scheme. The slight difference lies in the rounded front and rear walls, the rounded roof due to a different sewing method.