By temperament, they are cheerful, and their minds are sharp. They love children and they have a very kind disposition. These dogs will suit almost everyone. They will support you in difficult times, and vice versa, they will cheer you up if they see that the owner is in a good mood.
Dalmatians, Yorkshire Terriers, Miniature Pinschers, etc. do not smell. Odorless tetrapods are also hypoallergenic:
This breed can be described as brave, level-headed, energetic four-legged friends. A number of owners say that these dogs even have a sense of humor and expressive facial expressions.
Of the obvious disadvantages of this breed: very loud barking. Therefore, it will be better with her to visit quiet places, for example, to walk with her in nature. She is easy to train. Possible downside: She doesn’t like strangers.
This is a wonderful, compact dog even for a one-room apartment. Corgis get along well with children and other animals and are suitable for inexperienced owners: they quickly memorize commands and do not bother.
￼ They don’t require much care: they need to be combed a couple of times a week, bathed once a month.
The most inexpensive breed of dogs to keep are mongrels.
In addition to them, scientists have found that animals of small breeds are more attached to people and show more tender feelings for them. They are small in size, so they do not need special care and a large amount of expensive food. Therefore, they can be called the cheapest dogs to keep. These breeds include: pugs, corgi, French bulldogs.
He is very smart and curious, flexible, sociable and loyal. Most often gets along well with other pets. He is able to cheerfully climb into the car, play with everyone at a picnic, and then lazily sit with his family in front of the TV.
Dogs and cats of large and small breeds
Dogs are intelligent animals, they are perfectly trainable and loyal to their master with all their hearts. These animals require a lot of attention to themselves, they adore when they play, talk and walk with them. Dogs can be quite impressive in size. For lovers of large animals, we present the top 10 largest dog breeds:
- Irish wolfhound;
- German dog;
- St. Bernard;
- Moscow Watchdog;
- Caucasian and Central Asian Shepherd Dog;
- English, Spanish, Pyrenean and Tibetan Mastiff.
But the content of such an animal has its own specifics. They have a lot of energy that needs to be released. The dog should be walked 2 times a day and given enough time to run over. It should be noted that according to the law, in public places the dog must be on a leash and muzzled.
Cats can also surprise with their parameters, for example, the height at the withers of the savanna reaches 1 m, and the weight is 20 kg. Other large cats include the following breeds:
- Maine Coon;
- Norwegian forestry;
Big cats are beautiful! They are graceful, imposing and proud. They love to play and run around the apartment. Some breeds, such as the savannah, are recommended to be walked on a leash. Although cats are more independent than dogs, they also become attached to their owner and get bored if he leaves for a long time.
An ideal place for them would be a summer cottage or a private house. Aviaries and insulated booths are made for dogs. The animal feels comfortable and does not frighten others with its size. If the apartment is small, then it is better to choose more “compact” breeds of dogs and cats. Bulldogs, corgi, poodles, pomeranians will make your life more fun and varied, and “plush” British or ordinary domestic cats will fill the house with warmth and comfort.
Little cute animals
If you want less hassle, get the animal in the cage. He does not need to be toilet trained, walk and clean his hair throughout the apartment. It is enough to choose a suitable house, add sawdust, feed the animal and maintain cleanliness in his home. Let’s describe in more detail the animals that are kept in cages.
- Hamsters are funny rodents. They love to run in a wheel, sleep curled up in a ball and eat, amusingly stuffing their cheeks with food. There are many varieties of these rodents, differing in color and size. The most popular are long-haired Angora and Syrian, which can be golden, black, gray and white.
- Guinea pigs are animals with a dense body and short legs. They can be tortoiseshell, white or red. During the day, they constantly chew something, like grass, fruits and vegetables. Sometimes they make a squeak that indicates dissatisfaction or hunger.
- Decorative rats are smart and quick-witted rodents. Can be trained and attached to the owner. They love to spend time in their arms. They are clean, relieve themselves in one corner. If the cage is cleaned on time, there will be no smell in the apartment.
- Chinchillas are animals with gorgeous fur, because of which they are hunted and bred on special farms. But these animals are kept at home. They need a spacious cage, the minimum size of which is 50 × 70 cm, or better an aviary. During the day, the chinchilla usually sleeps, and at night it is awake: it eats, sharpens its teeth, jumps and constantly rustles with something. For this reason, the cage should not be placed in the bedroom.
- Decorative rabbits are calm and unpretentious pets. The animal can be kept in a spacious aviary or in a small cage. In the latter case, the “eared” one must sometimes be released to jump, constant sitting in a tight space badly affects the health and mood of the rabbit.
- Ferrets are animals with an elongated body and a soft fur coat. If you give them freedom, they will crawl into every crack and gnaw through the whole apartment. Because of this, many prefer to keep them in spacious cages, letting them run only a few times a day. People with a keen sense of smell should be aware that the animal has a specific smell that not everyone likes.
They put a house, a bowl for food, a drinking bowl and a tray in it. They also install a small container with fine sand, with which the animals clean their fur coats. It is not difficult to take care of your pet’s house: you need to throw away food leftovers, refresh the water and change sawdust every 3-4 days.
What kind of pet is better to have in the apartment?
- Dogs and cats of large and small breeds
- Little cute animals
- Amphibians and reptiles
An animal in an apartment is a joy! They are funny and spontaneous, especially children will be delighted with the appearance of a pet in the house. The child loves to play with them, learns to care and responsibility. Before deciding which pet to have in an apartment, you need to weigh the pros and cons. Take into account the living conditions, the availability of free time and, of course, the tastes and preferences of each family member.
Amphibians and reptiles
Those who love unusual exotic animals should pay attention to amphibians and reptiles. For them, it is necessary to equip a terrarium or aquaterrarium in which an environment close to natural conditions is recreated. For example, a desert, rainforest, or semi-aquatic setting. We present a complete list of the most unpretentious terrarium inhabitants.
- Achatina snails are large in size, can grow up to 20-30 cm. They do not require special attention, they are very easy to care for. A container with a lid is chosen as a house for them, the bottom of which is covered with a thick layer of peat substrate.
- Newts are cute amphibians. At home, they are lodged in a container filled with water with land areas. an aquaterrarium. Newts have a two-week rest period once a year, they choose a convenient place for themselves and do not show any activity.
- The red-eared turtle is a great swimmer! For a full life they will also need an aquaterrarium, in which, in addition to ultraviolet lamps, incandescent lamps are placed. In nature, this species of turtles, after active swimming, likes to bask in the sun.
- The Central Asian turtle is a very friendly and peaceful animal. She can be taught to hand, then, upon contact with the owner, she will not hide her head in a shell. Contained in spacious dry terrariums. If you put an animal in a container that is too small, it becomes restless and may try to find a way out.
- Geckos are small lizards with a variety of colors. Beginners are advised to have a leopard gecko, also called spotted eublefar. Geckos can shed their tail, but you should not provoke them to this, because the new one will not be so smooth and beautiful.
- Frogs are amphibians with interesting behavior. The most popular and easy to care for is the red-eyed tree frog. These frogs have a beautiful color: colored stripes on the sides of a green body and bright red eyes. May change colors depending on external conditions.
- Snakes are reptiles with a calm disposition. There are many species that differ in size, color, behavior and keeping conditions. There are small snakes that do not exceed 12 cm in length, but there are simply giants that grow up to 10 m. For beginners from miniature species, we recommend the maize snake, and for those who want a larger animal, the California king snake, reaching 1.5-2 m.
Most of the listed reptiles and amphibians are predators. Therefore, all kinds of insects or small animals should be present in their diet.
For example, a gecko is fed with spiders, cockroaches, flies, and a snake is fed with mice and frogs. Feeding snakes is not a process for the faint of heart, so it is better to abandon the maintenance of this reptile for those who are too sensitive to all living things.
If you want your home to be filled with ringing chirps. get a bird. They are easy to maintain, you can leave them alone for a long time, and they do not smell. The disadvantages include only litter that pours out of the cage and the noise created by some species. If you want to sleep off on your day off, it is better to cover the cage with a dense cloth: in the dark, birds behave quietly. Consider the most popular birds kept at home.
- Parrots are one of the brightest and most beautiful birds. Most often, apartments contain green or blue budgies. But there are many other interesting species. For example, gray, cockatoo, cockatiel, lovebirds. A parrot can be taught to speak; many buy them for this very purpose. But in order for the pet to speak, daily training is required.
- Canaries are nimble and agile birds. They can be taught to hand. If you want to listen to bird singing, then it is better to buy a male, female canaries do not sing.
- Amadines are bright and cheerful birds. Some species have very beautiful plumage. Most often there are zebra finches. birds of an ashy color with expressive red cheeks.
Domesticated birds are kept in a cage, which is equipped with a drinker, a feeder and perches. To prevent the pet from being bored, place a mirror and hang a bell.
The cage should not be placed by the window, your feathered pet can catch a cold from a draft. Birds are quite fragile creatures and easily injured. this should be remembered when you pick them up.
Wild bird species can also be kept at home. The starling, bullfinch, siskin and nightingale can live well in captivity. They get used to the owner and communicate with him with pleasure. Some give birth to ducks, this bird does not sit in a cage, but moves freely throughout the apartment. She can be tamed, she lends itself well to training. And so that the bird does not spoil around the house, they put on a diaper.
If you want to surprise your guests, get an exotic insect: a Madagascar cockroach or a red-winged stick insect. They are kept in insectaries with soil and live plants. Insects require a minimum of attention, they do not make noise or smell. A container with such a pet will not take up much space, it can be safely placed on a desk.
You can watch their life, it is very exciting. In the colony of these insects, a strict hierarchy is formed, each with its own profession and status. It is not difficult to take care of an artificial anthill, but it must be done regularly. Beginners are advised to choose ants of the myrmycin family.
Whatever pet you have at home, you have to take responsibility for it. This is a living creature, and it will require care, even the most minimal one. You need to correctly calculate your strengths and capabilities: can you feed the animal in accordance with its needs, walk with it or clean up in its cage in a timely manner. His life is now in your hands.
Pets, which can be kept without unnecessary trouble even in a small room, are described in the plot further.
The most common Chinese hairless dog, with hair on its tail, head, ears and legs. Loyal friend, loyal companion.
On a hot day, you should protect your skin with products from burns. Long-haired areas need to be combed, naked areas. moisturized with cream or lotion.
Maltese. Adfox / All pages / Desktop header
Dogs in the apartment.
Unlike keeping a dog in a private house or in the yard, a dog in an apartment carries additional difficulties, requiring increased attention and responsibility from the owners. When planning to have a four-legged pet, remember that he will certainly become another member of your family, so you need to know in advance the opinion of all household members.
Dogs of almost all breeds are suitable for keeping even in a small city apartment, and the choice will depend not only on personal preference, but also on what inconveniences the future owners are willing to put up with.
The peculiarities of keeping various breeds of dogs in an apartment depend, first of all, on the characteristics of a particular breed, and not on the amount of wool on the carpet, although for many it is this indicator that is decisive.
When choosing a breed, be sure to analyze what you expect from your pet in the future, and also consult with experts, for what exactly this or that breed was bred.
Someone gets a dog in the apartment for protection, someone is afraid to leave underage children in the apartment, but someone is just tired of being alone. Therefore, you should get detailed advice about the instincts inherent in the breed, so that later you do not try to raise a formidable watchdog from a good-natured Labrador or wean a Doberman from reacting to neighbors passing along the staircase. After all, if the Labrador does not even rise from his seat, then the Doberman will raise a formidable roar throughout the house. The majestic Rottweiler will not bark, but will cast a glance at the incoming person, from which even the owners sometimes feel uncomfortable.
There is a misconception that it is best to start a dog when its age approaches one year. This is due to the lack of the need to vaccinate, to accustom the puppy to cleanliness
Toy Terrier. Dachshund
There are dwarf dachshunds (up to 5 kg), rabbit (up to 4 kg) and standard (up to 12 kg), short-haired, wire-haired, long-haired. good dog breeds suitable for an apartment.
Dog in the apartment
As practice shows, it is not easy to keep a dog and a puppy in the house, as there are many difficulties that will be really difficult to cope with. But in the case of familiarization with the material of this article, as well as other articles that are available on this site, it becomes possible to get answers to all the questions that are most often asked by the owners of such pets.
It will not be superfluous to leave comments on this project, since such an opportunity is a real chance to quickly get answers to specific situations and get at your disposal an optimal solution in all respects.
Advantages of dog housekeeping: the pet will delight you and relieve all stress, because looking at a cute creature it is impossible to be angry. Walking and playing outdoors with your dog will also improve your health. The same can be said about nutrition, because the pet needs to eat right, well, you and him are at the same time.
The disadvantages are that the dog is a big responsibility, it will take a lot of patience for training, cleaning, caring for the pet. The financial side also refers to the disadvantages, pedigree puppies can cost up to 100,000 rubles, and you will also need to spend on food, veterinarian, accessories, training.
You can independently make a cage from a wooden base, covered with a metal mesh. A plastic-coated metal mesh works well. The cage should be made according to the size of the dog. The mesh is attached to a wooden base with a stapler. We also need wooden posts (the base is fastened with bolts).
Medium sized dogs are most suitable for keeping in apartments. The most popular breeds: Mittel Schnauzer, Border Collie, American Staffordshire Terrier, Royal Poodle, Dalmatian. These dogs do not take up much space in the apartment, the time for walking takes a little.
For the protection of a private house under
These are great dogs for living in an apartment without small children. Many people confuse them with Boston Terriers due to their visual similarity.
Important: in cold weather, you should dress your pet; weak points. teeth and gums, may be allergic, dislocation of the patella happens.