Kitten weight at 6-7 months
At this age, the animal reaches the size of an adult. If growth continues, then it is no longer so active. The pet can reach about 2-4 kg. In females, growth usually stops, and males can still continue to gain muscle mass. The increase in size can also occur at the expense of adipose tissue, so it is important to monitor the pet’s diet. The animal is transferred to three meals a day. Protein food continues to dominate in the diet.
Norm in 4-5 months
At this age, the average weight of a kitten is 1.5-3 kg. The period of intensive growth is over, but the pet is still gaining mass. At the end of the 5th month, males can reach 4 kg.
The pet still needs to eat “baby” food frequently. The number of feedings is up to 5 times. The diets should be chosen with the maximum m of protein, which is necessary for the normal development of the growing predator’s organism. Industrial food is marked with the appropriate inscription “For kitten”. Nevertheless, it is necessary to carefully study the composition in order to choose quality food.
Cat weight at 8-12 months
By the year the cat is already considered an adult. Its size practically does not change, and on average it reaches 4-6 kg, depending on the breed and gender. By the year it is necessary to reduce meals to two times a day and monitor its balance. It is important to feed the animals with good food, in which the protein level is more than 30% (in terms of industrial feed). High-quality balanced nutrition will ensure the normal functioning of the cat’s body and is the prevention of obesity.
Kitten weight by month: table
Weight depends on many factors, which include breed, gender, size of parents, individual characteristics, etc. At birth, a kitten can weigh from 80 to 150 g. For example, in Maine Coons, on average, 130-gram kittens are born, in British. 100 grams, and mongrel cats weigh about 90 grams at birth.
The table below shows the average indicators of how much animals weigh, depending on age and breed:
Kitten weight by month: table
It is advisable to carefully monitor the weight of the cat at an early age. During this period, the weight of the kitten allows you to assess the process of its development. Inconsistency with the norms for months can indicate malnutrition, diseases and other abnormalities. Lack of weight gain is an alarming signal, therefore, in this case, you should immediately contact your veterinarian. It should be remembered that in the first weeks of life, the pet is very vulnerable and the occurrence of any violations requires an urgent response.
Weight gain in the first month
The first four weeks of life are characterized by the most intensive growth. The weight of a kitten in the 1st month can increase up to 15 g every day. At the end of this period, it can be two or even three times more than at birth. Such an intensive growth is visible to the naked eye. If at this age there is a slight increase in body weight, then you need to seek help from a veterinarian to diagnose and correct the situation.
In the first month, the kitten needs intensive care and good nutrition. The optimal diet is provided by the mother’s breast milk. However, a cat is not always able to feed the offspring for various reasons. In this case, the role of “mother” falls on the pet owner. The best substitute for mother’s milk are special industrial mixtures, the composition of which duplicates natural components as much as possible. The dosage and frequency of feeding depends on the age and size of the animal. So, in the first week, he should be fed every 2-4 hours, about 4 ml, and in the second week. every 4-6 hours, 5 ml. With proper nutrition, by the end of the fourth week, he will weigh 300-400 g, his first teeth will grow and it is already possible to additionally give other food.
In addition to rapid growth, signs of a pet’s health in the first four weeks of life will be:
- the ability to stand on their feet (way and not confident);
- active behavior;
- healthy sleep;
- regular bowel movements.
How much do Maine Coons weigh
Maine Coons know how to make a stunning impression on everyone who sees them, even in the picture. Outwardly similar to wild forest cats, they are distinguished by a good-natured disposition, neatness and easygoingness. After the kitten has appeared in your house, you should track the Maine Coon’s weight by months, in order to avoid deviations from the norm, and in which case, take measures in time.
This is one of the most persistent misconceptions about these giant cats. In fact, an adult cat weighs an average of 7 to 9 kilograms, and the weight of a neutered animal reaches 12 kg. Maine Coons, oddly enough, weigh a little more than the British, although they look much larger. By measuring the weight of the Maine Coon by months, you can understand whether the animal is developing correctly and predict how it will grow.
What influences the development of the little baby?
- Kitten gender. Little cats are born larger than their sisters and gain weight faster.
- The weight and dimensions of the mother cat. The larger the mother, the larger her kittens are at birth and the faster they develop.
- The condition of a kitten at birth and in infancy. If the little one was born weak and prone to disease, it will grow slower than its brothers and will weigh less than them. But this circumstance does not prevent the smallest kittens in the litter from turning into huge cats weighing 10 kilograms.
- The number of kittens in a litter. The more kittens are born, the less each of them weighs in comparison with kittens from a small litter.
- Genetics. The length, weight and general development of a kitten are influenced not only by the maternal genes, but also by the father’s heredity. Therefore, kittens of the same cat, born from different cats, may differ at birth in size, and subsequently in the rate of development.
- Nutrition for a nursing mother. The fuller and more varied the diet of a mother cat, the healthier and larger her kittens will be.
- Conditions of keeping a lactating feline family.
- Stressful situations. Any disturbance (noise, presence of other animals, change of residence) can affect the development of kittens. A stressed female can stop feeding her offspring, which leads to a change in the diet of growing animals, which makes them gain weight more slowly. The hormonal surge during stress leads to the same consequences, and this applies to both cats and kittens.
How to raise a fluffy giant
The weight and developmental characteristics of the Maine Coon are due to a number of circumstances. Some of them depend only on Mother Nature, others can be influenced by the person caring for the kittens.
Maine Coon weight in numbers
Maine Coon kittens are born larger than their counterparts of other breeds. The minimum weight of a viable newborn cunny is 80 grams, on average it is 100-180 grams.
Several periods of development of kittens in infancy are conditionally distinguished:
- The neonatal (newborn) period lasts 4 days. The daily weight gain in kittens may vary. this is due to how the Maine Coon was born.
- The suckling period lasts 4 weeks. At this time, kittens feed on breast milk, weight gain should not be less than 10 grams per day and on average is from 20 to 50 grams per day.
- Transition period. Kittens gradually switch to solid food, so the rate of weight gain decreases slightly. It lasts from a month to 7-8 weeks of life.
- Post-suction period. Cubs are completely transferred to solid food, and the weight again begins to grow rapidly. Its duration is from 7-8 weeks until the completion of the kitten‘s development.
Maine Coon weight by month table
|Age||1 Week||2 weeks||1 month||2 months||3 months||4 months||5 months||6 months||Seven months|
|Cat||180-230 g||280-340 g||560-680 g||1.15-1.4 kg||1.7-2.3 kg||2.7-3.6 kg||2.9-3.9 kg||3.2-4 kg||3.5-4.3 kg|
|Cat||200-260 g||300-360 g||630-750 g||1.23-1.5 kg||1.8-2.3 kg||3-3.8 kg||3.2-5.5 kg||3.9-6.5 kg||4.2-6.5 kg|
|Age||8 months||9 months||10 months||11 months||1 year||1.5 years||2 years||2.5 years||3 years|
|Cat||3.8-4.3 kg||4.1-5 kg||4.2-5.5 kg||4.3-6 kg||4.5-6.3 kg||4.5-6.5 kg||4.5-7 kg||4.5-7.2 kg||up to 7.5 kg|
|Cat||4.5-6.9 kg||5-7 kg||5.2-7.5 kg||5.7-8 kg||5.7-9 kg||6-9.5 kg||10 Kg||up to 12 kg||up to 13kg|
How much should a spouse earn?
A growing organism cannot be limited, and a variety of food must be given. He may require to constantly eat if the food is monotonous (bags). Be sure to give grated cheese, cottage cheese, unsweetened yogurt, a little meat, a little fish. It’s the same as with a child. We give baby kittens canned food Tema with meat, they beat them well, gave semolina. While they are growing, they eat well, and then they will be discouraged from what they do not need.
Yeah, we also fed our baby with the theme of natural food (cottage cheese, cheese, chicken, a little fish, semolina and rice porridge) complex vitamins. The kitty itself determined the norm, but, in our opinion, was eating decently. Now it has grown, it has become less frequent, but the portions have increased at a time. The topic still loves canned food))))
The cat was never limited in food, he ate until he was full. Slender, moderately well-fed. Your kitten is now growing. why limit food, he himself knows his norm. You need to limit adult castrates, and even then not all, if they move well and spend color. do not restrict, but if they like to lie down and move a little. then limit.
Small kittens have no measure. Will eat as much as given, as a result, food poisoning, vomiting is possible. My advice: follow the consumption rates indicated by the food manufacturer on the packaging.
How much should a baby eat at the age of 3-4 months?
Often we ask ourselves the question: how many times should a kitten be fed so that it is full and does not overeat? This is important because malnutrition slows down the development of the body, and excess food leads to obesity and other diseases in cats. The younger the pet, the more often you will have a meal. If it is enough for an adult cat to eat 1-2 times a day to maintain health, then a kitten at the age of 3-4 months needs four meals a day. Do not be surprised, the kitten always eats more than the cat, because it is actively growing.
How much by weight one portion of a three-month-old kitten should be is an individual question. The portion size is calculated by the weight of the kitten: on average, 200 grams of feed per 1 kg of weight. Usually three-month-old kittens grow up to 1700-2300 grams. This means that 400 grams of feed must be distributed per day and fed 4 times. 100 grams at a time, based on 2 kg of weight.
After four months, the kitten weighs in the region of 2500-3500 grams. This means that he is entitled to four meals a day of 150 grams. only 600 grams per 3 kg of weight. Don’t give 3-month-old Fuzzy a daily amount of food at a time! He cannot plan his meals on his own, so he will often overeat, and then run hungry.!
What can you eat?
3-4 months is the age when kittens are actively growing, the skeleton develops and strengthens, and the gastrointestinal tract is finally formed. Therefore, babies need a balanced, varied diet with an optimal amount of vitamins and minerals, especially at this age, a kitten needs protein. Since kittens change their teeth at the age of three months, they need solid food.
Veterinarians give advice on how to make a diet and a feeding schedule for small pets every day. It is important to know that you must initially decide what kind of food you will feed your kitten: natural products or ready-made cat food. It is forbidden to combine these 2 types of feeding, as the pet can get an overdose of vitamins and earn at least hypervitaminosis.
If you have little free time and want to feed your kittens with ready-made food, choose only professional food marked on the packs “Premium” and “Superpremium”. For example, HILLS, Eagle Pack, Purina Pro Plan, Nutro Choice. Among these brands there are both dry food and canned food, which can be combined.
Advertised and relatively cheap Kitiket, Whiskas, Friskas will only harm your pet. Since they contain a large amount of salt, and instead of meat (protein), they include ground hides, bones, feathers and offal. This threatens with vitamin deficiency, loss of hair, teeth, and even over time can cause death. Try to give the cat always food of the same brand or make a smooth transition (3-5 days in advance).
If you feed kittens with ready-made commercial food, you need to figure out how much dry food you need to give, and how much canned food. From four months, when the cat already feels full and can control the amount of food eaten, it is allowed to add dry food once for the whole day. Don’t worry, it won’t have time to deteriorate. And canned food should be given as much as the pet eats at once. It is recommended to make up the diet in the following ratio: 75% dry and 25% canned per day.
We compose the diet of a three-month-old kitten
At the age of 3-4 months, kittens are still very vulnerable, because their digestive systems, excreta and teeth are not fully formed, therefore, special attention should be paid to the regime and diet. It is harmful for babies to both overeat and malnutrition, so the daily ration should be divided into equal portions and fed several times. You will learn how to calculate daily and one-time portions per kitten. And also what should be in his plate and how often a particular product can be given.
How much should a baby eat at the age of 3-4 months?
If you choose to feed your kitten natural foods, include the following foods:
Next, we will tell you how often and how much you can give certain products.
In the next video, the hostess will clearly show one of the options for preparing dinner for a four-legged little pet.
It is forbidden to feed the kitten with the following products:
- Any bones, so they, firstly, clog the intestines, can damage the stomach, and secondly, the kitten can choke.
- Pork and any poultry, except chicken (they are not useful for kittens, they clog the body with toxins).
- Spicy and smoked foods (canned food, sausages familiar to us).
- Fried foods. lead to various chronic diseases.
- Salt and spices are harmful in any form and quantity!
- Sweets (sugar, candy, cakes) lead to dental diseases, hair loss and a weakened immune system. Chocolate for cats is a powerful poison that poisons the body and can lead to the death of a pet.
- Eggplant, seafood, onion and garlic are poison.
- Potatoes, since the cat’s body does not digest starch.
- Vitamins and medicines intended for humans (they will not work for kittens at all, they just do not harm).
Sorry, there are currently no polls available. Support the project. share the link, thanks!
Table: Ages of a cat and a cat by human standards of life.
|1 month||=||1 year 4 months|
|2 months||=||2 years 6 months|
|3 months||=||3 years 9 months|
|4 months||=||5 years|
|5 months||=||6 years 4 months|
|6 months||=||7 years 6 months|
|Seven months||=||8 years 9 months|
|8 months||=||10 years|
|9 months||=||11 years 8 months|
|10 months||=||12 years 6 months|
|11 months||=||13 years 9 months|
|1 year||=||15 years|
|2 years||=||24 years|
|3 years||=||28 years|
|4 years||=||32 years|
|5 years||=||36 years|
|6 years||=||40 years|
|7 years||=||44 years old|
|8 years||=||48 years old|
|9 years||=||52 years|
|10 years||=||56 years|
|11 years||=||60 years|
|12 years||=||64 years old|
|13 years||=||68 years|
|14 years||=||72 years|
|15 years||=||74 years old|
|16 years||=||76 years|
|17 years||=||78 years|
|18 years||=||80 years|
|19 years||=||82 years|
|20 years||=||84 years|
All numerical data indicated here are averaged. For representatives of different breeds, the average age threshold can differ significantly. Their life expectancy is also influenced by: diseases, nutritional quality, heredity
I discern so, mature cats do not want to play.
The principle is simple, one to seven. 1 of them are equal to 7 of ours.
It’s like in school with arithmetic. Probably you get deuces regularly. Then according to your translation method. 20 year old cat 7 = 140 flying old man, How many people do not exist. The oldest of the human race, officially documented, Jeanne Louise Calment, she died in France when she was 122,164 days old. For a young kitten and an elderly period, it is necessary to make small adjustments, reducing the coefficient in the right direction, then our mathematical ratio will acquire signs of a normal equation.
Show them valerian and all the differences will disappear, the basic instinct will rejuvenate everyone at once.
In those days, the documentation was kept conditionally without duplication. There was a fire in the archive, and what to do, trust his memories of dinosaurs and mammoths. Insanity grows stronger. According to such a scheme, the great swindler Count Kalliostro claimed that he was: “I was born in Mesopotamia two thousand one hundred twenty-five years ago.” How can you not believe such a charming and honest
Don’t mention this miracle. It evokes memories of our neighbor, the smell in the apartment is such that you cannot describe it. This is overkill.
Kuklachev’s syndrome. Yuri Dmitrievich grew up quite normal, but they took possession of his mind and salary, and she is not small for the people’s artist. Main there kitty Manya.
People say that if a lot of litter (gives birth), it will not last long. The body will literally be used up before our eyes.
Best friends of granny cats. And the girls are diamonds
Homeless animals live a couple of years less for the lucky pets. The street is a dangerous place. You have to fight for food every day.
I read that the castrated and sterilized live a little longer than their fellows. Kind of like compensation from nature for the inconvenience.
The whole secret of longevity is to drive to the vet on time
I will add, buy your pet a flea and lice collar. At the same time, include a return address on it, in case you get lost. For a couple of rubles you can do a really useful job.
Old man’s symptoms: Gray hair. Sleeps all day. Inhibited reaction.
And outbreds win a year or two over their pedigree brethren.
The truth of life: 1) The kitten’s milk teeth erupt in about one month. 2) Permanent teeth climb out at 6-7 months. 3) Puberty at 7-9 m. Some experts determine age by the degree of wear of incisors and clicks. Here you need to read.
He hit my tritsatnik, he comes out older than me.
Who kakuli in the sand, and who Комментарии и мнения владельцев on the network, both cases are a sign of intelligence, it is hardly a coincidence
My Murka has kidney stones.
And my cat is 35 years old! Now she is big! Recently, it seemed only 15 was!
My cat is already 48 years old, while I’m 17!
THEN I WAS 2 YEARS OLD DIED 15 YEARS OLD CAT HIS CALLED STESHA SHE WAS 74 YEARS THEN WE HAD LAZY BUT IT WAS UNKNOWN TO RETURN THEN WE HAVE A BRITISH CALLED HIS 40 YEARS SHE HAVE DIDN’T HAVE BEEN 40 YEARS THE KITTEN AND WE HAVE HIS SATTLISH NAME IS LESLIE HER 2 YEARS IS 24 YEARS SHE BIRTH 3 KITTENS IN JULY
It turns out that our cat left at 86 years old. True, it was most likely a disease, not a natural one
My boy is a teenager;) his harmonica are playing pranks;))))))
My kitties are in the village: three are 3 years 9 months old, another 24 is still 36 years old. The home is 28 years old and the kitten is 3 years old and 9 months old. Here is such a big family)))
ADOPTING A 3 MONTH OLD KITTEN | Vlog
The coolest thing is that my cat and I compared my age with the age of a 72-year-old cat; a 15-year-old cat according to the table is not in real life))))
My cat Petya left at 80. And now my new kitten Vaselisa is 7 years 6 months old
it turns out if I were a cat, then I would now be 7 months old
My kitty is about 32, and my cat is about 28
Is it really impossible to accurately express your thoughts?! I still can’t enter what you wanted to say. What are you painfully abstruse.
Now such veterears that it is better not to drive. My Kysya died at 15.6 years old, which means he was about 75, and my Moses is now 1.7 months old, about 20
My this year is 44, but for now 40 years
One cat is 15, the other is 74 I am 8 months old
I thought that my cat is 4 years old and he is 9 years old, kapets he is older than my mom
And Moi seems to be 2 months old, but she is already 2 years 6 months old
My cat will soon be 82 years old. Well done, (sometimes) still runs around in the country as a young.
I thought my cat was 6 years old, but it turned out to be a cat.
I have a cat, he is a dad in the yard. but at home, he is my “lyalechka”. Zhuzhik, 2 years old.
And my Thai favorite is scared to think, almost 16 years old, I always try to pay more attention, it’s always scary for some reason that terrible thoughts creep into my head, we simply cannot imagine life without him without tears. but the time is coming. and he still tries to show us who he is the owner in his prime, he yearns for mice, plays, but already gets tired, sleeps with everyone in turn, shows how he loves everyone without separation, always meets, if someone is sad, he understands calms down, caresses his eyes, looks into his eyes, does not will move away until it puts it down here is such a master
Just lovely, touches. Give him more God’s life to make you happy. It is happiness to have such an animal in the house)
I have been living with my cat for 7 years. it turns out she is 44 (
Oeeee! Grandfather Timokha! 78 years old! Impressive! And how long do they generally live? Looks pretty good! But the tits on the balcony don’t bother him anymore! Better to lie on the bed.
My cat is 19 years old today had an attack, stuck out his tongue and began to choke
I have 2 cats and one cat, one of them is a kitten, he is 2 months old 2 years old) cat seven. it turns out 44 years old. Koshka 9 months. 11 years old) And another dog. looked at another site for him 11.84 years (old already
Yesterday my 12-year-old cat died after such an attack, I could do nothing to help him (
My cat is 17 years old. The old lady. )). He has been living with me since my birth. So she’s 80? )).
I have two cats and my grandmother and sister have one each. My cats are 6 years old and 2 years old, they are 40 and 24 years old, and my grandmother cat is 12 years old and she is 64 years old, and my cousin’s sister is 1 year old and she is 15 years old.
My cat is already 2 years old and I was already 12 when they brought her it was 3 months really in a year and more than half was able to overtake me.
I have 4 cats 1 Bullet is the oldest (6 years-40 years old) 2 Margosha’s daughter Puli (3-4 years old, i.e. 28-32 years old) March 3 was taken from the street. (2 years, i.e. 24 years) 4 Varvara is Marta’s daughter (1 year, i.e. 15 years). And I also have a dog Anji, she is 42 years old. I love animals and it is very hard for me to lose them all.
My cat will be 22 years old in March, lop-eared, in September 2018 problems with the hind paw began
There was a cat, not purebred, they took it from the street. He was 21 years old, that is, in human years it will be 86 years old
My cat was 21 years old, according to our year he was 86 years old, not purebred, was taken from the street
What are you. 6 years could not understand the male you live. or a female? Not bad !)
We want to take a cat with OLX, she is 8 months old and she is already neutered.
My last cat was 17 years and 7 months old. Now I have a new cat. She is 1 year old in April.
My cat is older than me, I’m 10 a (he is 1-15) it’s nice
My old cat, even by human standards, is older than me, I’m 12 and the cat is 13-68
There is no unequivocal opinion among veterinarians and felinologists regarding which food is more useful for kittens. natural products or industrial food. Dry and wet food is not natural for animals. But they contain all the necessary mineral components and vitamins. The composition is an ideal balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, but only on condition that high-quality, expensive varieties of industrial food are selected.
Feeding rules for industrial products:
- It is strictly forbidden to mix purchased cat food and organic foods. It is very harmful to the animal.
- It is recommended to choose feed from only one manufacturer, do not change it.
- Observe the drinking regime. In dry food there is practically no moisture required for the kitten’s body. If your pet only eats dry food, you need to make sure that he drinks at least 200 ml of water per day. Failure to comply with this rule will lead to the development of serious complications. There is a risk of developing kidney stones and other digestive problems. The water should always be clean, you need to change it 2 times a day. If food particles get into the liquid, the change should be made immediately. Kittens will not drink dirty water.
- When choosing food, you should focus on the age for which it is suitable. You can not give a kitten at 3 months old food intended for adult animals.
Categories of industrial rations. There are several classes of prepared food:
- Holistic is the highest quality food, but also the most expensive. You can give it to a kitten only if the owner is sure that he can always provide such nutrition to the pet. It is not recommended to transfer an animal from an expensive food to a budget option. Holistic is a food with natural products in its composition. The source of protein is natural, lean meat. Also present in the composition are vegetables and grains, vitamins and minerals.
- Super-premium. feed is somewhat cheaper than holistic, but of a fairly high quality. The composition contains natural products: meat, vegetables and cereals, fruits. The composition is absolutely balanced.
- Premium is a good product at a loyal price. The best feeding option if there is no way to give the pet holistics. But the composition may contain foods that cause allergies. Therefore, before buying food for a kitten with intolerance to certain foods, you should carefully study the composition.
- Economy. Whiskas, Friskas, etc. Such feeds have only one advantage. low price. There are few natural products in the composition. The source of protein is cereals. These products contain harmful food additives that enhance the taste of the feed and make it very attractive to animals. But constant feeding with such a diet is fraught in the future with high risks of developing diseases of the digestive system (read in the article whether it is possible to feed a cat with Whiskas).
The best manufacturing companies. For kittens at the age of 3 months, veterinarians recommend choosing food from well-known manufacturers:
- Acana is a time-tested, high-quality premium class. The composition is fully balanced, developed according to the needs of the growing organism. This is a hypoallergenic food, it can be safely fed to kittens that are prone to food allergies. Feature. production of feed in its own juice. The composition is represented by natural meat, vegetables and fruits, cereals, algae and eggs.
- Royal Canin. dry food of the trade mark is considered one of the best substitutes for natural food. In the composition of useful and nutritious substances. The manufacturer also has a “curative” line. It is recommended to give food of this brand to kittens that have some health problems.
Serving volume. When feeding a pet with industrial feed, it is important to strictly observe the dosages recommended by the manufacturer and indicated on the feed packaging. Wet food is produced in hermetically sealed bags. 1 package is designed for 1 meal. But for kittens at 3 months, the amount of food from the package must be divided. At this age, babies still cannot dose the amount of food necessary for saturation and can overeat.
When composing a daily menu for a small pet, you need to follow the rules and recommendations of veterinarians:
- Food intake. 5 to 6 times a day. The kitten does not need night feeding at 3 months.
- The type of diet should be one. either natural food or industrial food. It is forbidden to mix 2 types of products, as it is dangerous to health. The fact is that production diets contain many vitamins, but they are also present in natural products. Accordingly, a combination of diets can provoke hypervitaminosis and abnormalities in the digestive system.
- New natural products should be introduced into the menu gradually, in small pieces. 1 day. 1 product, while it is important to monitor the reactions of the animal’s body so that allergies or indigestion do not occur.
- The portions should be small. Overfeeding a kitten is fraught with the development of obesity, diabetes mellitus and a number of other dangerous diseases.
- If the pet is on a natural diet, be sure to give him additional vitamin and mineral complexes (the most suitable will help you choose the veterinarian). It is strictly forbidden to give vitamins intended for humans to an animal.
- Food temperature. room temperature. Too hot or cold food can harm the delicate, fragile gastrointestinal tract of the animal.
- Compliance with the drinking regime. At 3 months old, the kitten should drink at least 200 ml of water per day. Liquid. clean, room temperature, should always be in a bowl. You need to change it at least 2 times a day.
In the nutrition of a pet at 3 months, both natural products and industrial feed are successfully used. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages. The owner must immediately decide what he will feed the animal. It is highly discouraged to change diets.
The daily menu of a 3-month-old kitten should include:
I Adopted a 3 Month Old Kitten & I Gave Her a First Bath!!
- lean meats. preference is given to rabbit and chicken, turkey, veal, beef can be given;
- chicken heart and liver;
- cereals: oatmeal, buckwheat and rice;
- vegetables: zucchini, cucumber, pumpkin, cauliflower and carrots;
- dairy and fermented milk products: low-fat and unsalted cottage cheese, kefir, fermented baked milk, sour cream;
- fish. only seafood, low-fat: pink salmon, cod, haddock, fish can be given no more than 1 time per week.
Rules for serving natural products:
- The meat must be pre-cooked. chicken fillet, but without the skin, as it contains too much fat. Other meats such as beef can be served raw. But the product must be frozen for at least 3 days. Immediately before serving, the meat is cut into small pieces and thawed to room temperature.
- Cereals are boiled in water or milk diluted in equal amounts with water. It is strictly forbidden to add sugar, salt or oil to cereals. Cereals are not an independent dish. They should be mixed with vegetables or meat.
- Fermented milk products should have a minimum or average percentage of fat.
- Vegetables are served raw or boiled, chopped on a grater.
- Fruit is allowed once a week. These can be unsweetened apples. The fruit is grated.
- Chicken or quail eggs. They can be served raw, added to meat or cereals, or boiled. Only the yolk is served from eggs to the kitten, no more than 1-2 times a week.
For better digestion, kittens should be given vegetable oil, both sunflower and olive oil are suitable.
A few drops of oil can be added to cereals or used as a dressing for vegetables.
Compilation of the menu. The menu is compiled depending on how often certain foods can be consumed:
- Products that should always be present in the diet: meat, beef or chicken. from 30 to 80 g, dairy and sour milk products. without sugar and any fruit and other additives.
- Once every few days. sunflower or olive oil, a few drops in boiled cereals or as a dressing for vegetables.
- 2-3 times a week. up to 120 g of boiled chicken fillet without skin.
- Up to 2 times a week. egg yolk: boiled or raw.
- Not more than 1 time a week. cereals in water or milk, low-fat saltwater fish, chicken or beef liver. not more than 50 g.
If new foods are introduced into the diet, they should be given in the morning.
How to feed a kitten at 3 months
An actively growing kitten’s body at 3 months needs proper nutrition. The diet should be balanced and varied. At this age, you can already give your baby natural products and industrial feed. It is necessary to choose high-quality products, while you should correctly build a meal schedule so as not to harm your pet.
The category of prohibited products includes:
- fatty meat and fish;
- pickles, marinades;
- salt, pepper, seasonings;
- sweets, confectionery, chocolate;
- fruits that cause fermentation and bloating. grapes, raisins;
- homemade and purchased sausages;
- baked goods and baked goods;
- River fish.
“No” to river fish! Fish is believed to be very beneficial for cats. However, this product is unnatural for them, and therefore it is rather difficult for the digestive system to digest. River fish is especially dangerous for kittens. In such a product, helminth eggs are almost always present, and even with heat treatment there is a risk of infection of the animal.
Human delicacies. It is strictly forbidden to give the kitten food from the human table. The dishes contain salt and spices, flavor enhancers and food additives. They are extremely harmful to the animal, they are not absorbed by the digestive tract at all and can cause intoxication.
Calculation of portions with “natural
To correctly calculate the amount of food required to saturate a kitten at 3 months, you can use the following calculation: 200 g of food per 1 kg of body weight of the animal.
The resulting volume of food, which at a given age is about 400 g, must be divided into several meals. This formula for determining the amount of food is conditional, since it all depends on the breed and degree of activity of the animal.
If the kitten eats natural products, it is recommended to make a different menu for each day so that the diet is as varied as possible. A kitten should not be given meat, cereals, and vegetables on the same day, from this its digestive system can be overloaded.
Correct, varied and balanced nutrition of a kitten at the age of 3 months is a guarantee that the pet will grow up in good health and active. It is not difficult to compose a diet if you follow the basic rules and recommendations.
What can not be fed?
It is recommended to completely exclude a three-month-old kitten from the diet:
- fatty foods that will only harm the stomach and liver (in particular pork. meat, lard, fat);
- meat with bones (the kitten can choke on hollow bones, scratch the walls of the stomach);
- whole cow’s milk;
- salty and spiced food (often, in an effort to make food more attractive, breeders rely on their taste and make it completely unsuitable and dangerous for a small, fragile organism);
- spicy and canned food (sausages, canned food from your table);
- fried food (can clog the intestines with toxins);
- tomatoes and eggplants;
- corn and cereals from it;
- any sweets, especially chocolate (eating them leads to a weakening of the immune system, causes dental diseases and hair loss).
It is better to limit the use of some products to a minimum, these are:
- oats and legumes;
- River fish;
- potatoes in any form (cats are almost unable to digest starch).
During the period of illness, some foods are also excluded from the diet: with diarrhea. fermented milk, with constipation. solid food containing starch in the required amount of carbohydrates. In addition, the “cat lover” needs to be very careful and keep vitamins and medicines intended for people out of the kitten’s reach, otherwise, having tried them, he may get serious poisoning.
How often and in what quantity a pet can be given basic products per week. each owner decides individually, but the main recommendations are as follows:
|Daily||Every 2 days||in 7 days|
|beef (30-80 grams)||vegetable oil (0.5 tsp)||3-4 times every 7 days: chicken fillet or minced meat: (50-120 grams)|
|milk and fermented milk products without fruit additives (100 grams)||2-3 times every 7 days: vegetable puree or porridge with vegetables (20-30 grams of vegetables)|
|1-2 times every 7 days: raw chicken egg yolk (1 pc.)|
|cereals and cereals in porridge (100 grams)|
|low-fat marine fish (100 grams)|
|beef or chicken liver (50 grams)|
Depending on the exact age, weight and activity of the pet, these proportions can be reduced or increased by 5-15%.
The opinions of veterinarians about which feed to prefer. natural or ready-made specialized do not coincide. The main advantage of the ready-made feed is that it is not necessary to introduce special complementary foods, as with natural nutrition, as it already contains fortified supplements. But there is also a significant drawback. the addition of flavors and preservatives, which can harm the health of babies.
If you decide to feed your pet with ready-made food, you need to remember the rules:
- do not mix dry and wet food together;
- stop at the stern of a certain brand and change it only if absolutely necessary.
Choosing ready-made food, you need to carefully study the products of manufacturers. To clarify whether it is possible to use their food, combine dry and wet canned food, in what quantity to give them. According to the recommendations of veterinarians, from four months, the kitten can be poured all the day’s portion at once: he already knows how to control the amount eaten. It is better to pour wet canned food in sauce and jelly in the amount necessary for a single meal. In the case of a possible combination, the daily diet of a pet, according to the recommendations of specialists, should consist of 3 quarters of dry and 1 quarter of canned food.
Therefore, it is better not to save on the health of your favorite pussies. Such brands as Royal Canin, Acana, Purina, Nutro Choice have long established themselves on the Russian market. Among them there are both dry and wet canned food, which can be combined.
Without harming the baby’s health, you can use foods such as:
How to feed a kitten at 3-4 months?
At the age of 3-4 months, the growth of kittens is activated and gaining momentum. There is a change of teeth, there is an intensive development and strengthening of the skeleton, muscle mass grows. significant changes take place in the body. Therefore, the question of how to feed a kitten at 3-4 months is quite relevant. Indeed, for proper development, he will need to choose a balanced diet containing the necessary vitamins and minerals.
At this age, the little fluffy begins to take an active interest in his surroundings and plays with all possible objects. Of course, the baby needs a lot of strength and energy for such activities. The changes and rapid growth taking place in the body also require enormous resources. Where can I get them? The answer is obvious. the kitten can get the necessary substances to support life through food. From which direction in the feeding system you choose, its further development and health of the body will depend.
Feeding regimen and rate
The total weight of portions eaten per day should be approximately 0.2 kg per 1 kg of body weight (with a standard weight, kittens need 0.4 kg of feed per day, i.e. 0.1 kg of feed should be eaten by the pet in one meal) A three-month-old kitten can get by with 180 grams, and a four-month-old kitten may not be enough even two hundred (with a weight of 3 kg. 0.6 kg per day). Appetite and the ability to digest the amount of food offered will depend on many factors: the exact age, breed, activity, weight, health status of the pet.
For every day, experts advise making a varied diet and setting a feeding schedule for pets. Three-month-old kittens are recommended to be fed 5-6 times a day, and four-month-old kittens, if there are no problems, can be transferred to 4-time feeding.
One of the best proven super premium food series. It is a complete balanced diet and is the best hypoallergenic food. The feed is produced in its own juice. Only whole and fresh ingredients are included. In the optimal amount, it contains meat ingredients, vegetables, fruits, algae, fresh eggs, polyunsaturated fats, proteins and proteins.
Having chosen a certain method of nutrition, do not deviate from it, otherwise it will threaten with unpredictable consequences for the baby’s fragile body. It is forbidden to combine two methods of feeding. the use of natural food and ready-made cat food.
- the wards will have problems with digestion, leading to diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- an overdose of vitamins in an animal can lead to hypervitaminosis.
After the change of milk teeth, solid food rich in protein must be present in the diet of a growing 3-4 month old kitten. It is recommended to diversify dairy products whenever possible. Veterinarians also advise adding vegetables rich in various vitamins to food. Meat components should be included in the pet’s diet in an overwhelming amount, and cereals and vegetables can make up less than half of the daily portion of food. A kitten should not be completely denied meat: the taurine it contains is very important for heart and eye health.
It must be remembered that natural nutrition does not mean feeding the animal products from your table.
Veterinarians advise including the following natural products in the diet of a kitten for 3-4 months:
How to feed a kitten
At this age, the kitten should eat the same type. This means that it is necessary to adhere to feeding either natural food or ready-made food. When moving to a new home, the baby should be kept on his usual diet. When the new owner decides to transfer his four-footed friend to a different type of food, then you need to start doing this gradually, after a month. This is due to the fact that the kitten needs some time to adapt to new conditions. Next, consider what to feed a kitten at 3 months.
Do not forget about the drinking regimen. Make sure the kitten always has access to water. When feeding with natural food and wet prepared food, the body’s need for water is not high. If you feed the pet mainly with dry food, then it needs 2 or even 4 times more water.
How to feed a kitten at 3-4 months
The age of a kitten 3-4 months is a rather busy period in the life of a four-legged friend. At this time, the kids usually get into a new home, move from breeder to owner. An active growth phase is in progress. The muscles are developing at full speed. Preparations are underway for the replacement of primary teeth with molars. The kitten is still active, spends a lot of strength and energy on learning about the world around him. At 3-4 months, the pet’s body is very vulnerable, since the immunity received by the kitten from the mother loses its strength. At this time, an enzyme capable of digesting milk is lost.
In the midst of all these events, it is especially important to protect the kitten from adverse factors. At this stage in the life of a little furry, improper feeding can lead to a number of complications: indigestion, improper development of teeth, weakness of the bone and muscular apparatus, etc. To avoid this, it is necessary to provide the kitten with the opportunity to eat correctly and in a balanced manner. The diet must meet all the needs of a growing organism. By the age of 3-4 months, you need to decide on the type of feeding and stay on it.
What you can’t feed a kitten
Some owners, who do not know how to feed kittens properly, give them unwanted foods.
- Salty, fried, smoked, peppery, spicy, fatty. Such food causes inflammation of the digestive tract.
- Milk. At the age of 3-4 months, it is better to refuse it, since the kitten’s digestive tract is no longer able to digest lactose.
- Citrus. They are not assimilated by cats. over, they cause irritation of the gastric mucosa and esophagus, which leads to an attack of vomiting, followed by dehydration.
- Bones. Cats gnaw bones into many pieces, which pass through the gastrointestinal tract and injure the mucous membrane. As a result, bleeding may occur.
- Chocolate and other sweets. Have a toxic effect on the kitten’s body.
- Vegetables of the nightshade family, as well as onions and garlic. The body does not digest these foods.
- Avocado, grapes and raisins. Contains a poisonous toxin.
Features and rules of feeding
It is necessary to feed a kitten at 3-4 months in accordance with certain rules:
- Meals should be carried out according to the principle of often, but in small portions.
- Feed food at room temperature.
- The diet is enriched with vitamins and minerals. If necessary, we give them additionally.
- Free access to clean fresh water.
- Overeating or malnutrition should not be allowed. This can cause complications such as developmental delay if the body is lacking in nutrients and becoming overweight if the body is getting too much nutrients.
- It is necessary to give such foods that the kitten will chew, thereby massaging the gums.
Rate and mode of feeding
A kitten at this age does not feel when he is full and he constantly has a feeling of hunger. To prevent overeating, it is necessary to feed him strictly according to the norm. We feed the daily portion of a three-month-old kitten for 5-6 meals. Of these, there may be 3 main receptions and 2-3 snacks. Later, you can begin to transfer to 4 meals a day.
The daily food intake at the age of 3-4 months is calculated as 150-200 grams per 1 kg of animal weight. The rate is selected individually, as pets differ in activity and weight. So, for example, for a kitten of an average breed at the age of 3 months, 170 g will be enough, and for a kitten of a large breed and at 4 months, 200 g may not be enough.