Veterinarians have a negative opinion of mixing traditional food with ready-to-eat foods, but many breeders have successfully used mixed diets to raise healthy dogs.
When using a mixed diet, the following conditions must be observed:
- Do not mix ready-made feeds and organic foods in the same bowl.
- It is recommended to have 2-3 “natural days” per week or traditional food on the 4th and 5th feeds.
- For mixing, select simple dry feed, mainly consisting of some proteins.
- With a mixed ration, dry food is soaked in water before serving and served with a small amount of vegetable oil or fish oil.
- From natural products, the puppy‘s diet includes fresh vegetables, fruits and berries, cottage cheese, quail eggs, raw meat, tripe, liver, sea fish.
Rules for feeding puppies, depending on the characteristics of the breed
A cute and affectionate pug is distinguished from other dogs by the physiological and anatomical features of the breed: flat muzzle, compact and stocky body, small stomach volume, increased appetite and tendency to obesity.
It is recommended that the diet for a growing puppy be formulated in such a way that the dog’s body is provided with all the necessary nutrients, but does not contribute to obesity. Regardless of food choices, stocky baby food should be of good quality, fresh, concentrated and firm.
What can you feed your pug puppy?
Even before acquiring a smart nimble creature, the owner is advised to figure out how to feed a pug puppy. A small pet can eat traditional food prepared by a loving owner at home, or ready-made dry food. Both types of feeding have their own advantages and disadvantages, the choice of a particular type of nutrition for the puppy is up to the owner of the animal.
Caring for PUGS Food, Hygiene and
From 3 months old, puppies are fed 4 times a day, increasing the portion size. From vegetables and fruits, you can add apples, zucchini, pumpkin, herbs, bell peppers to the diet. During the period of changing teeth, it is recommended to treat the baby with cartilage.
A puppy needs to eat 60 g of meat, 250 g of dairy products, 100 g of cereals and vegetables per day.
From 4 months, the pug is transferred to 3 meals a day, boiled beef offal is added to the puppy’s diet: liver, kidneys, heart, stomach.
In six months, the pet should consume about 150 g of meat or fish, 350 g of dairy products, 150 g of cereals and 200 g of vegetables per day.
With a natural diet, the owner must independently prepare food for a small pet, taking into account the growing body’s need for proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and trace elements.
Food for the puppy should be fresh, warm and thick due to the physiological structure of the pug’s stomach, which is focused on consuming solid food. A prerequisite for feeding with traditional food is to check for an allergic reaction to the newly introduced food. Most often, pugs are allergic to chicken and cereals, which will have to be excluded from the diet.
Benefits of a natural diet:
- Traditional food is healthier than commercial food, the dog gets fresh natural protein and fiber without preservatives.
- The owner knows exactly what products the food is made from.
- Natural food can be fed to babies from a very young age.
- The owner must independently and carefully select, prepare and cool the food.
- Cooked food is not stored for long, uneaten food is thrown away. It is not recommended to feed babies with stale food in order to avoid poisoning.
- The correct diet of young animals should consist of 60-70% protein food, which is quite expensive.
- It is quite difficult to formulate the diet in such a way that the pet’s body is provided in all nutrients, and obesity does not occur.
- After feeding, the muzzle, floors and walls of the room become dirty.
- Vitamins and mineral supplements must be added to the diet.
- Possibility of manifestation of allergic reactions to different types of food.
When feeding a pug with natural food, the animal’s diet should consist of the following foods:
- Meat products. Raw and boiled lean beef, veal, lamb, chicken, rabbit, turkey are given daily. It is permissible to add boiled beef offal to the diet: liver, kidney, heart, stomach, but offal are not a substitute for meat. Twice a week, you need to feed your puppy with boiled pitted ocean fish. The pug cannot chew food, so meat and fish must be given in small pieces.
- Cereals. Pug puppies are fed crumbly cereals made from rice, buckwheat and oatmeal.
- Milk. Pugs often suffer from heartburn; to relieve unpleasant symptoms, it is recommended to put a bowl of milk in the public domain.
- Dairy products. Sour milk products must be present in the baby’s diet: low-fat unsweetened cottage cheese or cottage cheese paste, yogurt, kefir, yogurt, calcined cottage cheese. Calcined cottage cheese is obtained by adding 3 tablespoons of 10% calcium chloride to a liter of boiling milk. The product obtained after curdling milk is thrown onto cheesecloth, cooled and fed to the baby in a dosage according to age.
- Vegetables. Puppies should receive raw and boiled carrots, cabbage, zucchini, cauliflower, bell peppers and beets, fresh parsley, dill and lettuce as source of vitamins and fiber. Fresh vegetables are given in grated form with a small amount of sunflower oil together with cottage cheese or meat.
- Fruit. Pieces of apples, dried fruits and berries can be used to treat the baby between feedings in a minimal amount, they contain a large amount of glucose and can provoke obesity.
- Eggs are source of protein for the growth of the young. Pug puppies are given hard-boiled quail eggs, raw or boiled egg yolk 1-2 times a week. It is not recommended to give proteins, they can cause salmonellosis and allergies.
- the loaf contains vitamin B, which is useful for growing babies. Puppies can be fed a small amount of a rye loaf with butter and a piece of unsalted cheese. Pugs are very fond of such healthy sandwiches.!
Currently, there are a huge number of ready-made dry and wet food for small breeds of dogs of different ages.
Remember! Experts do not recommend the use of commercial feed in the diet of puppies before the age of three months.
Breeders start feeding them to babies much earlier. In this case, it is better to use super-premium food specifically for small puppies of small breeds, following the dosage indicated on the factory packaging.
Pug puppies are best fed with soaked food, which can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 12 hours. An important condition when using dry feed is adherence to the drinking regime.
Important. Natural food and ready-to-eat foods are assimilated by the dog’s body in different ways, so it is highly discouraged to mix the two types of feeding in one bowl. The transition from one species to another is carried out gradually, within two weeks.
- Ready-made feeds are made according to carefully tested recipes, taking into account the need of different ages and breeds in the required amount of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and microelements. When using industrial feed, the pet gets a balanced diet.
- The factory packaging always indicates the exact dosage of food in accordance with the age and physique of the dog.
- The owner spends much less time feeding, washing dishes and cleaning the room than with traditional feeding.
- The occurrence of an allergic reaction even to super-premium food.
- Quite expensive cost of quality feed.
- The quality and degree of freshness of the products from which the finished feed is made is unknown.
- Commercial feed contains emulsifiers and preservatives that can cause allergies, gastrointestinal disorders and cancer.
Choosing a place and dishes
When choosing a place and utensils for feeding a nimble pet, the owner should take into account the anatomy of the structure of the dog’s face and the need to clean up after each meal. From the moment an inquisitive puppy appears in a new house, it is necessary to give him a special place for feeding, which should become permanent for the dog. In a city apartment, it is better to feed the pet in the bathroom or kitchen, in these rooms you can quickly remove traces of dirt from the floor and walls.
The best utensils for feeding pugs are flat stainless steel or ceramic bowls. It is easier for an unusual dog to eat from such dishes, and the folds near the nose are less clogged with food particles.
For the puppy, it is recommended to purchase two or three bowls at once for food, water and milk. After each feeding, the puppy’s dishes must be washed in running hot water without the use of chemicals.
Important! Bowls with food and water should be placed at chest level in a special stand with brackets that allow the dishes to be lifted as the dog grows. This measure is necessary for the correct formation of the skeleton and exterior breed characteristics.
After 7 months
From the age of 8 months, the dog can be switched to an adult diet. If the owner decides to transfer an adult dog from natural products to dry food, then this will have to be done very carefully.
There is no definitive definition of the correct feeding of this breed, but there are rules to help owners avoid unplanned visits to the veterinarian. Basic rule: what you shouldn’t feed pugs.
- Sugar-containing foods
- Smoked and fried foods
- Pastries, excluding black loaf
- Ice cream, cream, mayonnaise
All of these foods can cause obesity in the dog, as well as disrupt the functioning of internal organs.
You may be interested in other materials on pugs:
Dry food feeding rules
To prevent the dog from suffering from obesity, the owner will have to decide how many times a day he will feed his pug with dry food. For this you need a measuring glass. Typically, such data is indicated on each package of feed, but here you need to take into account the needs of each animal.
Choose for pug feeding, premium and super premium food.
If the owner of the pug feels that the dog remains hungry, it would be better to think about replacing the dry food with another one that is more nutritious. It is important to read the contents of each package. Instead of processed meat, it may contain soy products that the dog will absolutely not like.
A list of dry food designed specifically for the pug breed:
These foods are not intended specifically for pugs, but the ingredients they contain are close to natural. In any case, the right to choose a company remains with the owner.
1, 5 months
You can include a meat bone in your food: a lamb rib is ideal. Lamb is distinguished by a small m of fat, and its bone is perfect for children’s puppy teeth.
In the first months of a pug’s life, it is necessary to include calcium in the diet.
In the first months of life, the dog needs calcium. It is found in dairy products. kefir, cottage cheese, yogurt. Everything you can feed a 1.5 pug puppy will have to be checked for fat percentage. Too fatty food will not be absorbed in a young dog’s stomach.
It is better to give dairy products in the morning or in the afternoon, and leave the meat dressing for the 4th or 5th feeding. A new product needs to be added to the diet every day. For example: carrots, grated dried fruits or deboned, boiled fish. This is done in order to nourish the growing body with the necessary vitamins.
Dry food or organic food
The owner himself must decide this issue. Only he knows all the “quirks” of his dog. As mentioned above, pugs are very allergic. During the period of feeding from a young age to an adult, all allergic reactions to food are usually detected.
Do not feed the pug with dry food and natural food at the same time.
The advantage of dry food is that it already contains all the necessary elements and minerals for the normal growth of the animal. In the case of natural food, such vitamins will most likely have to be purchased additionally.
The disadvantage of dry food is that you first need to pick it up correctly. Incorrectly selected food can result in digestive problems and even various rashes.
Important. You cannot feed the pug with natural products and dry food at the same time.
At this age, the puppy can be given raw meat for the first time. It should be crushed into minced meat. The portion of the meat feed should increase with the growth of the puppy.
The little pug can be fed 5 times a day. His daily diet should consist of all of the above products. Perhaps the animal will refuse to eat 5 times a day. In this case, 4 meals will suffice.
A puppy, like an adult dog, should always have drinking water available. Tap water will not work: only purified water, which the owner himself drinks.
Feeding pug puppies 1-7 months old
Three weeks after birth, the pug’s milk alone is not enough. You can start feeding your puppy with some foods. It remains to be seen. what you can feed a little pug.
From the age of the pug puppy, the diet changes.
- Instant baby cereals (buckwheat, rice, millet)
- Grated cottage cheese no more than 12% fat
- Raw quail egg
All feeding should be given in very small quantities. In this case, it is better to grind cereals in a coffee grinder.
The grown-up pug puppy needs to be transferred to 3 meals a day. The diet should include all the same foods. The only innovation in feeding is that the dog can eat solid food. Allowed a black loaf with butter, slices of hard cheese.
Pug from 6 months should be transferred to three meals a day.
The formed stomach of a pug, by virtue of nature, does not accept liquid food. In size. it is very small and designed for the digestion of solid foods.
How to properly feed your dog dry food
Properly organized nutrition of the dog is an important factor in ensuring not only the excellent condition of the body, but also the well-being of the animal. Thanks to dry food, it has become possible to properly feed your pet with a balanced and healthy food, while saving money and time. But the difficulty lies in the fact that not every dog breeder knows how much food can be given, whether it is necessary to add other foods to the diet, and which ones. Having made the decision to feed their pet dry food, the owner must know how to do it correctly.
How to train an adult dog to feed
You can train an adult dog to feed using the same methods as puppies, only you need to act more decisively.
- Train the dog to feed as a treat, sometimes rewarding him for the commands he has completed;
- Gradually mix dry food into ordinary food, increasing its amount over time;
- After the animal gets a little used to eating food, you can start giving it for breakfast. If the dog refuses to eat, the same bowl must be given in the evening.
After 1.5 days, the animal, as a rule, begins to eat food. If this did not happen, then you need to determine the reason.
Reasons for the dog’s lack of desire to eat:
- In a hurry to train the dog to feed, the owner missed one of the stages;
- The dog is not ready to start eating one food, you need to try again later;
- The animal did not like the taste of the food. In this case, you need to try to give her other brands of the product.
- The dog has an intolerance to some components of the food;
- The animal may refuse to eat due to some kind of malaise and poor health.
If you need to transfer the dog to a different food, you need to do it gradually, as well as accustoming to it.
How many times to feed the dog after you manage to teach him to eat food and in what quantity? It depends on the weight and age of the animal. Typically, an adult dog is fed 1-2 times a day. The rate is calculated for each individual individually according to the data on the product packaging.
General rules for feeding dry food
Dry food is of great importance in the nutrition of the dog, it can be used as the main diet, but some rules must be taken into account:
- You should not feed an adult dog or puppy with the cheapest product, there should be a balance between the price and quality of food. The cheapest food will not benefit the animal’s body, but rather harm;
- You need to feed dogs and puppies dry food only on schedule, at the same time the animal should receive the required amount of food. How much food to give to the animal, the owner decides on his own based on the average norms and habits of the pet;
- When eating dry food, the dog’s body needs a lot of fluid. Therefore, a container with clean water at room temperature should always be in the puppy’s field of vision.
- Dry food should only be stored in tightly closed containers at room temperature. Due to improper storage, it quickly deteriorates, and the owner may not notice this and continue to feed the animal with a spoiled product;
- You can accustom your pet to a new type of food for 7-20 days, gradually increasing its portion.
How to train a puppy to feed
When a person buys a puppy, then you need to find out from the previous owners how he ate before and how much food he ate at one time. The first week after the puppy got to a new place, you should not change its diet.
Having made the decision to feed the puppy with dry food, you do not need to give him other hearty foods, because mixed food is not recommended for dogs. over, it is wrong to give any kind of food to small puppies. It is important to ensure that the pet has free access to drinking water.
It is allowed to add vitamin and mineral supplements to the puppy’s diet in cases of illness, poisoning or infection. Also, along with the main food, you can give the puppy small treats in small quantities, such as:
- pieces of cheese;
- any boiled meat, with the exception of pork;
- dried fruits;
- special purchased treats.
A puppy should receive such snacks for the execution of certain commands as a reward after eating.
Dry food can be fed to a puppy after it reaches three weeks of age, while he is still drinking his mother’s milk. Due to the fact that the animal does not have well-formed teeth, the feed must be finely chopped and added with warm water or milk. At the age of 1.5 months, the puppy is already able to chew dry food.
It is also worth clarifying how many times a day the puppies are fed:
- at the age of 2 months, the animal is fed 5-6 times a day, over time, reducing this amount;
- at the age of 4-5 months, the puppy is fed no more than 3 times a day;
- after 6 months. no more than 2-3 feedings per day.
Is it beneficial to feed your dog only food?
If you believe the advertising, then animals that eat only food get all the elements they need from food. But in reality, this is not always correct. When choosing complementary foods for your pet, you need to carefully familiarize yourself with its composition, because there are very few foods that really contain the whole complex of vitamins and minerals. It is worth clarifying that not all nutrients are absorbed in one meal. Such a trifle can lead to disturbances in the digestive system in puppies, so you should be especially careful about choosing food for them.
You need to choose the main food correctly in accordance with how old the individual is and what its weight is. In addition, it should be remembered that dry and natural food cannot be mixed. In this case, the use of food additives is prohibited, because this can lead to hypervitaminosis in a puppy or dog. To increase the variety of the food ration, you can supplement it with canned food of the same brand as dry food. It is also recommended to systematically apply prebiotics.
Since the food in the dog’s stomach swells from water, it is possible for it to become constipated as a result of a decrease in the motility of the gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, it is necessary to control the process of defecation of the dog, especially the first time after the introduction of dry complementary foods into its diet. As a rule, after a certain period of time, the pet’s stomach gets used to dry food and its functionality is restored. If the animal is tormented by constipation, you can give it special medications, after consulting a veterinarian.
Pros and cons of feeding dry food
Whether to feed your pet with natural or dry food, only the owner of the animal decides. It is important to make the right choice, taking into account the pros and cons of eating a certain type of food, because the health of the dog depends on it.
- Doesn’t take a lot of time to buy groceries and prepare food;
- No risk of contamination of carpets or furniture;
- A high-quality product contains all the vitamins and minerals necessary for the animal’s body;
- The owner himself determines how much food to give to the animal at a time. It helps to train the pet to the daily routine.
- If the product is not of high quality, then due to its prolonged use, there is a risk of developing serious diseases;
- Only high-quality expensive feed is suitable for constant feeding;
- Not every food can suit a pet in taste or composition, so it only needs to be selected individually;
- You can not mix feed or several different brands of food with natural food;
Only the owner can weigh all the pros and cons of feeding the pet with dry food and choose such a diet that will bring as much benefit as possible and ensure the pet’s excellent well-being.
At seven months, the dog should be fed twice a day.
In the morning, as soon as the puppy woke up and in the evening before bedtime. The first feeding includes all of the above.
In the evening it is supposed to feed with meat. At eight months, the dog must be transferred to an adult nutritious diet.
It happens that a dog refuses to feed newborn puppies.
You need to buy only, not based on goat or cow milk.
It is necessary to feed the baby five to six times a day from a bottle with a nipple. Maintain the same dietary level for one to two weeks.
Meals from 1 to 3
In the morning, the puppy needs to be given cottage cheese, but only low-fat, kefir or yogurt, add a little honey, this will increase the pet’s appetite.
You can stew vegetables and add a little salt, it is during the second feeding of the puppy.
Add buckwheat or rice porridge as a variety. Meat should be given at lunch and dinner.
Soak the broken bones in milk and feed the puppy during lunch and dinner. When the age of the puppy is from one to three months, then feed should be at least five times a day. Add a clove of garlic to your food to keep your puppy from getting sick.
It is necessary to observe different intervals of time between meals. The overnight break is about eight hours.
Diet or how to properly feed a pug puppy
Pugs are one of the most popular dog breeds bred in China. They are very compact and proportional in body shape and are devoted to their owner. The pug is prone to obesity, in this regard, it is necessary to carefully monitor the diet.
You can feed this breed of dogs with both dry food and natural products. The dog’s health will depend solely on you. The food must contain minerals, vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates.
The pug has a strong constitution and good health. The average life expectancy is approximately 11-14 years. There was a case when a dog lived for 17 years.
3 to 7
The puppy is actively growing and developing during this period of time. The kid will eat relatively large portions.
- The first and second feeding: dairy products with honey, fresh vegetables and fruits can be served, a black loaf in pieces, with the addition of slightly salted cheese.
- In the third and fourth feeding, it is imperative to cook meat, but only lean meat from poultry, veal or rabbit. Pugs are willing to eat lamb, but don’t give too much. Do not give pork!
Three meals a day in a dog becomes by seven months. You are already familiar with the diet, the main thing is that it is different.
The owner can feed the dog not only with natural food, but also with industrial food. The most balanced diets include wet and dry foods of the holistic and super-premium classes, for example, from Royal Canin.
Diet after a month
Before buying from the seller, be sure to find out what kind of food the puppy ate. Just don’t overfeed or overfeed your puppy! After feeding, do not leave food in the bowl. If there is anything left, remove the bowl and give less feed for the next feed. If the puppy has eaten everything, but remains hungry, a little more food should be given later. At a young age, the dog should receive the most proper nutrition.
During this period, rapid growth occurs, the development of an adult dog directly depends on how the pug was fed at one month of age. The composition of the feed must include calcium-containing food. Can’t give soup!
For the proper formation of bones, give cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt. Small pieces of fresh or cooked meat and ground beef will add protein to your body. Cook porridge, you can buckwheat or rice, but do not add salt.
If your pet is muscular and its weight is within the normal range, then you can be congratulated. You are raising a pet that receives the right care. With poor feeding, diseases of the heart and blood vessels can form. This can drastically shorten the dog’s lifespan. Try to take control of your weight and adjust your diet and nutritional quality.
If obesity appears, reduce portions, consult your veterinarian and possibly introduce dietary food into the diet. Pugs are very kind and loyal dogs, providing him with proper care, in return you will receive a bundle of happiness that will give you joy, affection and gratitude.
Feeding newborn puppies
Newborn puppies should be fed at least 6 times a day. You will also need a special nipple and bottle for feeding. It is very important that the milk is warm. The food temperature is checked in the same way as for newborns: you need to drip the mixture on the wrist. the milk must be warm.
What foods are prohibited for pugs?
The following foods are prohibited for pugs (regardless of age):
- sugar and sugar-containing foods;
- smoked meats and spices;
- fatty, salty and fried;
- flour products, white loaf;
- sour cream, mayonnaise, cream, ice cream, sweet curds;
- raw egg white;
- food “off the table”.
After 7 months
Starting from the age of seven months, pug babies are transferred to two meals a day.
The first meal (in the morning) usually contains all foods except meat. The second feeding must necessarily contain meat and bones, sometimes fish.
This mode of feeding pugs lasts up to a year. Further, the dogs are transferred to adult nutrition.
Diet of pug puppies after a month
From the age of one month, pug puppies can be transferred to 4 meals a day. The diet should be varied and nutritious, contain foods rich in calcium (this contributes to the normal growth of babies). Consider the nutritional features of puppies in different age categories.
How to feed a pug: diet features
Pugs are very attached to their owner, and therefore can follow him everywhere and always, without leaving him for a minute. But in order for the pug to remain healthy and cheerful, he needs to organize proper care, and most importantly, food.
3 to 7 months
This is the period of rapid growth of the puppy. Therefore, he can eat large enough portions. There is no need to be afraid of this. this is normal. Feeding frequency. 4 times a day.
- kefir, yogurt or cottage cheese with honey;
- vegetables in any form;
- slices of black loaf with butter and cheese;
- fruits, dried fruits, quail egg;
- salted herring (if the dog wants to eat it);
- a clove of garlic (a couple of times a week).
For the 3rd and 4th feeds, you need to cook the meat. It is very important that it is not greasy. Ideal for: poultry, beef, rabbit, hare. Pugs are very fond of lamb. Pork should not be given to dogs, as it is too fatty. Puppies can be offered the wings, legs or necks of a bird, after beating them with a hammer. Periodically, meat can be replaced with boiled fish.
Pug Dog Feeding Guide. How To Feed A Pug Puppy
By the seventh month, the diet can be switched to three meals a day, while the amount of food should be sufficient to keep the puppy full.
1 to 3 months
For breakfast, puppies should be offered low-fat cottage cheese, kefir or yogurt. In order for the baby to eat with great pleasure, you can add a little honey to dairy products.
Before lunch, pets are given slightly stewed vegetables (slightly salted). You can diversify the menu with fruits, dried fruits, well-boiled rice or buckwheat porridge, a slice of black loaf with butter or cheese. You can dilute food with the yolk of a chicken or quail egg.
Lunch and dinner should be meat. At the same time, puppies should be offered bones, which should initially be soaked in milk and beaten off. At the age of 1-3 months, babies need to be fed 5 times a day.
All dogs (Ol Dogs)
All dogs is a Danish company that produces a product only for the Russian market. She offers 2 food options: for adult dogs and for puppies. The composition of this food is not specified at all.
In the first place for both types are cereals (without specifying which ones). The second place is for meat and animal products (again without specification), followed by fats, oils and Omega-3, Omega-6. Hazardous preservatives E320 and E321 are used. (2.2 kg).
The cheapest and low-quality type of product that is guaranteed to harm your pet.
It is undesirable for puppies to give this class of food, it does not provide the required amount of vitamins and minerals, does not form organ systems, bone tissue, settles in the kidneys and destroys the urinary system. In addition, the pellets are poorly absorbed. One way or another, food is still popular because it is inexpensive.
Manufacturer. Canada. The food is presented in the form of two lines for babies. “Puppy” (divided by weight) and “Puppy and Junior” (for all breeds).
It contains about 30% dried meat of turkey, chicken, lamb and 10-15% bone meal. Feature of the product. increased usefulness due to additives: lentils, apples, blueberries, whole eggs, flounder, herring meat, turnip greens, carrots, cranberries, turmeric, chicory and other natural additives.
The only minus of the brand is the high price. from 1300 (for 2 kg).
This is a premium Czech product due to the lack of natural vitamin supplements (fruits, salts), but its overall composition is better than some super premium feeds.
- Firstly, the company produces food for puppies of all ages (from 8 weeks), of all sizes.
- Separate types of food are intended for babies with gastrointestinal disorders.
- New type of feed. increased meat (up to 50% according to the manufacturer).
It is interesting that 40-45% of meat is indicated in the composition, but due to poor-quality translation in different languages, this phrase sounds different. The original composition says “42% poultry meal.” That is, these are bones, skins, and offal, and not muscle mass. Only lamb and poultry are used in puppy lines. Carbohydrate components. rice, corn, sometimes dried apples. (1 kg).
Monge is a super premium Italian food with a wide range of food for young dogs. There are options for small, medium and large breeds. The common name is “Puppy and junior”. that is, the product can be fed from 2 months to a year.
Flavoring options 3: chicken, lamb, salmon. Dehydrated meat (32%) and fresh (10%) are in the first place. From carbohydrate components: rice, corn, beets, oats. A wide range of vitamin supplements: brewer’s yeast, echinacea root, egg flour, fish oil, dehydrated fish and small crustaceans, oregano, dried garlic.
Fortified granules. The firm claims the food helps maintain a healthy weight, builds bone and muscle systems, probiotics improve digestion, and plant roots build immune barriers. (800 g).
Holistic and hypoallergenic puppy food
Considered the best in ready-to-eat pet food because they do not contain traces of grains (wheat), which does not cause allergies.
They are characterized by a reduced level of carbohydrates. These products are ideal for sick dogs and puppies suffering from indigestion or other gastrointestinal problems.
This is the most popular and advertised feed on the territory of the Russian Federation, it is produced in France and in Russia for the domestic market, the compositions do not differ. For puppies, the line is varied:
- By age (up to 4, after 4, after 10 months);
- By size (small, large, medium, giant breeds);
- For specific breeds (Yorkshire Terrier puppies);
- For diseases of the digestive tract or skin.
The company corresponds to the premium class, the only drawback is the difference in the compositions in one line, so you will have to subtract the components of any new product. Usually, the feed contains at least 24% of poultry meat or freeze-dried fats from meat products (this includes lungs, liver, heart, veins), chicken and lamb are used. Most often, the first place is the source of carbohydrates. rice, corn, vegetable proteins. The vitamin complex is not natural. (500 g).
Medium Breed Puppy Food
Often, firms skip this size of puppies, because up to 6 months they can eat food intended for small breeds, and after six. for large breeds. In fact, in a qualitative sense, average puppies need the same elements as others, so they choose food among premium sperm and holistic (for skin or stomach problems).
This category of dogs needs products with the prefix “medium”.