Prevention of constipation
If your pet does not go to the toilet in a large way for more than 5 days, and this is repeated more than once, we are talking about chronic constipation. Massage and enemas cannot correct this situation. First of all, reconsider the diet of your little pet. What does he eat? Is he eating specialized food for his age, or is he content with nibbles from your table? Kittens fed high quality food (holistic or super premium) never suffer from constipation.
If you prefer to feed your pet with natural products, make sure that his diet consists of not only meat, but also cereals and vegetables. They have a positive effect on intestinal motility. Older kittens need to add some steamed bran to the minced meat. They contribute to the normalization of the digestive system.
Be sure to include in your pet’s daily menu:
- cereal dishes. boiled buckwheat and rice cereals mixed with minced chicken;
- vegetable stew. boiled or stewed in a little water or weak meat broth, diced courgettes, pumpkin, beets, carrots.
If your pet pulls its muzzle to the skin of a fresh cucumber or cabbage, eats green peas or melon slices with pleasure, in no case should you prevent it from doing so! Fresh vegetables and melons help to improve intestinal function, cope with chronic constipation, and give the animal great health.
Our pets are incredibly clean! And they are ready to preen themselves, licking their fluffy fur, all day long, and, admittedly, they look great. But, unfortunately, during the licking process, a lot of wool gets into the stomach, where it forms lumps that prevent the normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. It is enough to get rid of them. and the constipation will disappear. To remove hairballs, there are special feeds that greatly facilitate the condition of the animal. And in order to get as little hair as possible into the stomach, the cat must be combed out. For short-haired breeds, a special mitten is enough. The coat of a long-haired cat is combed out with special combs, slickers and furminators.
The most important means of preventing constipation for kittens (and their owners) is movement. The more the animal moves, the better is the case with intestinal motility. Buy a play set, some toys and rattle balls for your little pet. You will see, soon the work of his intestines will completely improve.
The kitten does not go to the toilet in the new house
Moving to a new home is a huge stress for a little kitten. Babies can react to a new environment in different ways:
- someone is hiding;
- someone refuses to eat;
- many do not pee;
- often. do not go to the toilet in a big way.
If the kitten does not poop for 3 days after moving to a new home, looks scared, but at the same time completely healthy, most likely, this is just a reaction to an unfamiliar environment.
To get your baby’s intestines working again, exercise maximum patience. Let the kitten get comfortable and look around,
What to do if the kitten does not go to the toilet in a big way?
You can’t take your pet to the doctor? No problem. An enema with lukewarm water and a small amount of petroleum jelly will help him to recover successfully. Depending on how many days or weeks your baleen patient has turned, its volume can reach 1-5 milliliters.
As a syringe, you can use a five-cube syringe without a needle. Pour the required amount of liquid into it, lubricate the cone with petroleum jelly and gently but firmly, with some pressure, insert it into the anus of the kitten. After a while, your patient will poop easily and painlessly.
Interesting Veterinarian administers an enema to a month-old kitten
Most often, constipation in kittens occurs in the first weeks of life. They can affect both newborn babies and kittens one and a half months old. The owner needs to make sure that all his wards recover on time, at least once a day, and, if this does not happen, help them. If the kitten did not go in a big way the next day, urgent measures must be taken, since constipation is very dangerous for the health and life of such a baby.
Kittens over two months of age can suffer from constipation for a very common reason: in the house of the previous owner, they ate mother’s milk and ate the same food as the mother cat. The new owners offer them completely different food that is unusual for their stomach or generally unsuitable for their age, which negatively affects the work of the intestines.
As a rule, a two-month-old kitten tolerates separation from its mother almost painlessly. Once in a calm, friendly environment, he quickly adapts. New owners can only choose the right brand of food, provide the baby with constant access to water, and there should be no problems with emptying the intestines.
Getting Your Cat In the Carrier Without The Stress!
The best option would be to find out from the previous owners the brand of food that your new pet is used to, and at least for the first time give it to the kitten. In the future, you can transfer it to the feed that suits you. This should be done gradually, replacing a part of the kitten’s usual food with a new product. But, at least for a few days after the move, try to feed your pet the usual food. There must be a bowl of clean fresh water next to the kitten’s bowl so that he can drink without restriction. If, after all the measures you have taken, after 2 days, the bowel function still does not work out, be sure to show the kitten to the veterinarian. Self-treatment can only aggravate the situation and lead to serious complications and even death of the animal.
Help for newborns
If your newborn baby is unable to recover on its own, you must help him. There is nothing complicated in this procedure. Do not forget that experienced mothers-cats, despite the lack of video tutorials and courses on caring for newborns, successfully cope with this responsibility. All the more, everything should work out for you! The main thing is to calm down and follow the instructions exactly.
Stock up on damp cotton wool, a napkin or a soft, clean cloth, or better, several. Place them on the table in front of you with your dominant hand so that you can quickly replace a dirty one with a fresh one. You will need them to stimulate your anus, just like mother cats do.
Cover the table on which you will carry out the procedure with old film or other absorbent cloth that absorbs liquid well.
Sit in a comfortable chair to have some support for your hands. Take the kitten in your left hand (if you are right-handed), with the tail towards you. Be very careful! Don’t squeeze your baby too tightly. At the same time, try to hold it so that it does not slip out of your hands or hurt yourself.
Begin gently, in a circular motion, to massage the anal and urogenital openings with a piece of slightly damp cotton wool. This will help stimulate the excretory reflex. Replace used materials with fresh ones as needed.
At the end of the procedure, it remains to return the baby to the basket, throw all used materials into the trash and wash your hands thoroughly.
You need to do this massage every day, for a minute or two. Everything turns out right for you if your ward during this time was able to poop or at least pee. If neither one nor the other happened, you need to show the crumb to the veterinarian.
What to do if the kitten does not go to the toilet for a long time
Does your kitten not go to the toilet in a big way for 3 or 4 days, but still looks quite healthy? Before you take him to the vet or frantically flipping through the pages of a search engine, we advise you to arm yourself with a flashlight (and if your vision is not too sharp, then with binoculars) and very carefully examine the whole house.
Do you think that the kitten will not be able to climb into the narrow gap behind the closet, where the fist can hardly get through? You clearly underestimate your pet. Think there isn’t even room for a matchbox inside the sofa? We can argue. Do not disregard pots, laundry baskets, or flowerpots. All these places could well have been chosen by your modest man. In the end, you will nevertheless find his “secret room” and you will be surprised by his cunning and ingenuity.
But this is not what we are talking about now. We will tell you how to understand that your baby is really constipated, what to do about it and how to prevent it.
How to tell if a kitten has constipation?
Problems with bowel movements are common in small kittens, especially in cases where babies are left without a mother and are artificially fed. You can understand that a kitten is having difficulty defecating by the following signs:
- frequent, but, in most cases, unsuccessful attempts to go to the toilet;
- hard, dry excrement;
- fear of another attempt to empty, plaintive meow caused by pain;
- impurities of mucus or blood in the feces;
- loss of appetite;
- weight loss.
The kitten does not walk in large quantities in the tray
Sometimes very strange things happen: the kitten willingly pees in the tray, but decisively refuses to walk in a big way, even if his stomach is full and by all indications it is time for him to go to the toilet. Some kittens do their thing next to the litter box, but protest loudly when they try to put them in the right place. What’s the matter? Why doesn’t the kitten poop in the tray??
The search begins for a new toilet. a different shape, color, height and volume, open, closed and automatic. Every day, the kitten is offered a new litter, from quarry sand to silica gel. Alas, all attempts are in vain. The little stubborn person will tolerate or poop on the floor, but will not step over the side of the tray. But why?!
Because he cannot write and poop in the same tray. Put the second next to it and the problem will be solved. By the way, this is a great way out for kittens that are too squeamish or afraid of water. Having done their business in one tray, they symbolically row their paws in the second, dry and clean.
We hope that with the help of our advice, you will cope with the problem that has arisen and your pet’s chair will improve as soon as possible.
Dear readers, your opinion is very important to us. therefore, we will be glad to receive your comments on how you cope with feline constipation, they will be useful to other users!
How to quickly go to the toilet in a big way, if it does not work?
Bowel emptying should be observed at least 3 times a week. For some people, this delicate problem causes great inconvenience and they do not know how to quickly go to the toilet in large quantities. Due to the difficult act of defecation, headaches, insomnia, nervousness appear, the skin loses its elasticity, freshness and the person experiences constant physical fatigue. The presence of chronic constipation can cause diseases of the rectum and hemorrhoids.
Factors causing constipation
The main reasons provoking difficulty in defecation are:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- disease of the nervous system;
- abdominal surgery; childbirth;
- colon tumor;
- heavy food. meat, eggs, spices, pears, chocolate, tea, cocoa, coffee.
A gastroenterologist or proctologist can prescribe a drug. For diagnosis, it may be necessary to conduct fibrocolonoscopy or irrigography. If water is poorly retained by the intestines, then special small enemas (Norgalax, Normacol) are used. If the disease is started and not taken measures, then a fecal stone may form in the rectum, which will subsequently have to be removed in stationary conditions.
- glycerin candles
- enemas (in exceptional cases). Sunflower seeds are added to the water. Vaseline, olive oil.
The problem of how to quickly go to the toilet on a large scale can be solved with medication and folk remedies. The effectiveness of measures depends only on desire and systematic efforts. By following simple recommendations, you can normalize bowel function very quickly. For this you need:
- Go to the toilet at a specific time to form a conditioned reflex.
- During bowel movements, you should not make excessive efforts that can disrupt the work of the rectum.
- Limit the time to go to the toilet 15 minutes.
- To combat constipation, use buckthorn, aloe, licorice root, rhubarb, nettle, yarrow, gooseberry, mountain ash, lingonberry.
- The diet must contain raw vegetables and fruits.
- The formation of constipation is prevented by beets, dried apricots, cabbage, apple cider vinegar, prunes, olives, dairy products.
- To enhance intestinal motility, you need to drink clean, raw water in the morning. To cleanse the intestines of toxins, honey and lemon juice can be added to it.
- For emergency bowel movement, traditional medicine recommends drinking 30-60 g of sunflower oil per day.
- Defecation is facilitated by abdominal massage, which is carried out in the form of circular movements in the navel.
Stubborn, persistent constipation requires an integrated approach, including diet, exercise, laxatives, and spa treatment. Preference should be given to frequent fractional meals, in which boiled vegetables, jelly, soups, natural juices should be present. The use of flour products, muffins, fatty and smoked foods should be reduced to a minimum. Regular exercise significantly improves intestinal motility.
The folk method is taken before bedtime, so that in the morning the intestines are cleansed of accumulated residues.
- Honey. A universal remedy rich in vitamins and minerals useful for the human body. For the intestines, it is enough to take a dessert spoon, diluted in a glass of water, of a bee product to ensure a restful sleep, and the intestines have morning cleansing. The drink is taken in small sips.
- Castor oil. Used before bedtime 2 tbsp. By the morning, after 6 hours, the effect is observed. Castor oil has a laxative effect on castor bean.
How to quickly go to the toilet for constipation
The norm for a person is a daily amount of emptying from 1 to 3 times. It should be noted that defecation may rarely appear, but if the fecal masses are soft, there is no reason for concern.
Solid feces create a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen, pain during bowel movements are signs of constipation. Causes of constipation:
- Pregnancy. During this crucial period, the internal systems are experiencing a change in hormonal levels. This affects the physiological processes taking place inside the pregnant woman.
- Diseases of the digestive tract. For constipation, tumors are often found in the colon or rectum.
In folk recipes, you can find a lot of recipes that have been tested by time and by other users. To get the maximum effect, you need to know when to collect medicinal herbs, how to store, how to process.
It is advisable to take medication after using other natural and natural methods to combat constipation. On the shelves of pharmacies, there is a large selection of medicines that can help in the fight against impaired defecation. It is worth highlighting a few of the most popular:
- Bisacodyl. A medicine that irritates the intestines. Effective. It is dangerous because the body quickly gets used to it. Therefore, the doctor does not recommend long-term use. Patients complain of pain in the abdomen. Then Bisacodyl is temporarily stopped taking.
- Normase, Goodluck. The main active ingredient in the preparations is lactulose. Pharmacological form of drug release: tablets. They have a laxative effect, including probiotic effects. The gentle process of defecation, painless, lack of addiction and the possibility of long-term use (3 months) are the main advantages of this medication.
In case of quick cleansing, enemas and rectal suppositories are often used. This method is suitable for prolonged absence of stool, when the feces are dense and cannot leave the body on their own.
- Enemas are used in different formulations: water, saline solution, oil solution. Frequent use of this colon cleansing method is not recommended. The intestine gets used, without an enema, the process of digesting food and evacuating it outside will be disrupted.
- Rectal suppositories are used to soften feces. The following types of the drug are presented on the shelves of pharmacies: glycerin, with papaverine, besacodyl. The first ones have a mild effect, are prescribed for the smallest from birth, for the elderly. Suppositories with papaverine have a beneficial effect on the motor activity of the intestines in the absence of regularity in bowel movements. Bisacodyl rectal suppositories irritate the mucous membrane and the walls of the intestinal tract.
In the morning
Morning is the time of awakening of a person and his internal systems. What you can take in the morning before breakfast to help your body:
- Coffee with the addition of milk, black tea with the addition of honey and lemon. a remedy that helps soften stool and smooth bowel movements.
- Baking soda. The raw material is taken at the tip of a knife. The entire amount of soda dissolves in a glass of hot water. 30 minutes before breakfast, you need to take the prepared drink, gradually, in small sips. Wait 10 minutes and the effect on the face.
- In the morning after waking up, it is recommended to do exercises directly on the bed.
Disposal at home
Constipation negatively affects the emotional health of the patient. Lingering in the intestines, food provokes the release of toxins. Being absorbed into the blood, toxic substances are carried to other internal organs. There is a need to quickly remove stagnant food debris from the intestines.
If you are constipated, you don’t have to run to the pharmacy. It is enough to reconsider the diet. It may be worth increasing the number of foods that have a laxative effect. This will allow you to return the stool, to normalize the bowel movement.
The menu of a person suffering from constipation includes fiber, vitamins, microelements. Allowed consumption: cereals, cereals, raw vegetables, fruits. By balancing the diet, you can achieve softening of the stool and reducing tension while going to the toilet.
Dieting is one way to deal with not being able to go big.
For normal functioning, the body needs 2 liters of fluid. Reduced water consumption leads to the removal of moisture from other sources. This source is the food in the intestines. Moisture is sucked out of it and, as a result, hard feces, hard moving along the canal and a problem with evacuation outside.
This is another effective method of how to quickly go to the toilet in a big way with constipation. A person himself provokes stagnant processes in his body. Spending a lot of time at the computer, the TV screen, the intestinal muscles relax, and the food moves poorly towards the exit, sometimes stopping. To eliminate the unpleasant cause, it is worth remembering a few exercises and doing them regularly:
- Lying on your back, simulate the scrolling of the bicycle pedals. It is necessary to alternate driving forward and backward. To obtain the effect, do 50 rotations.
- Sitting on your knees, breathe deeply. Inhale. pull in the stomach strongly, exhale. the stomach is pulled in.
- Get on all fours. Inhale. arch your back and draw in your stomach. Exhale. bend your back down, draw in your stomach and raise your head up.
- The man lies on his back and puts his legs behind his head. Repeat the exercise every day.
Waking up, the body starts up the internal organs. To help a correct and complete start, you need to do one simple exercise: without getting out of bed, turn to the left side, pull your legs bent at the knees to your chest. At the same time, do not forget to breathe.
If there are sensations of discomfort in the liver area, put the right hand in the liver area and begin to breathe intensively in the stomach, deeply inhaling air.
Performing a regular massage of the abdomen, you can achieve the normalization of the process of defecation, the release of feces in a natural way, without giving the patient unpleasant sensations. Lie on your back and stroke your stomach with smooth movements, then make circular movements with your hands in one direction and the other. These actions help to improve the outflow of bile secretion. There is some rumbling from the intestines and an immediate urge to use the toilet. To facilitate the passage of fecal masses, you need to drink salted water.
During the day
To cleanse the body of accumulated toxins, it is not necessary to take medications in the morning and in the evening. But there are food products that can be used during the day:
- Laxative liquids.
- Brew tea with cherries and apples. This drink is drunk 4-5 times a day.
- Pickle from pickles. For cooking, cucumbers are pre-soaked in a saline solution, kept for 30 days. Leftover cucumbers cannot be eaten.
- Berries with anti-blocking action: prunes, plums, wine berries. Products are steamed in a thermos.
Following the recommendations and monitoring the diet, the patient will not say: “I have constipation.” The result is a strong body, no discomfort and a good mood.
How to help a kitten go to the litter box
It is known that on the first day after birth, and until about 4 weeks, kittens cannot go to the toilet on their own. Their gastrointestinal tract and genitourinary system are still poorly developed. Helps to stimulate the process of urination and defecation mom-cat. How? She licks the baby’s tummy and genitals.
But how to make a kitten go to the toilet if he is without a mother. To help the baby, you need to imitate the cat’s behavior. Take a piece of cloth or cotton pad, wet it and wring it out well. Flip the kitten onto its back. Run the rag over his tummy and genitals. Do everything very carefully, gently, without pressing. If the kitten wants to use the toilet, it will help him to empty himself. He will not resist and relax.
Remember that it may not work right away. Therefore, place a basin of warm water next to it and prepare some cotton pads. You may need to repeat the action several times before the baby goes to the toilet.
If the kitten has already grown up enough and is already standing on its own, sitting, then the inability to go to the toilet in a large way can be provoked by constipation. In this case, you can also help him. When the baby in the next position takes the desired position, you need to take a cloth soaked in warm water and attach it to the kitten’s tummy. You can also stroke this area clockwise, up and down. This will help the baby relax and go to the toilet in a big way.
If this does not bring the expected result, try to stimulate the baby’s anus with a warm cloth. This should definitely help.
If you do not know how to get a kitten to go to the toilet for the first time, take care of purchasing a suitable litter box and its location in advance.
It is better to acquire a large tray and put it in a secluded place, where it will not be visible. If this is not done, the pet will relieve itself where it likes. If the tray is purchased, the place, in your opinion, is perfectly matched, and the baby still goes to the wrong toilet, take some filler and moisten it in the puddle made by the kitten.
When you see that the kitten is going to relieve it, it starts scratching, sniffing, taking the appropriate position, take it to the tray. If the kid nevertheless “misbehaved”, poke his nose into a puddle, hiss at him and put him in the litter box. Wipe the place where the kitten has relieved with a rag dipped in vinegar or lemon juice. The products are good at removing even the stubborn smell of urine.
Do not be aggressive towards the kitten when he is sitting in the litter box. You can permanently discourage him from going to the toilet in the right place. You should also not force the kitten to relieve himself in a dirty litter box. These animals are very clean and they are unlikely to go to an unwashed toilet.
How to get a kitten to go to the toilet for the first time
“How to get a kitten to go to the toilet?”. this question is often asked by the owners who brought the baby to their home for the first time. Let’s talk about the most effective ways.
And if the kitten has constipation
Constipation is common in kittens. The most common causes are stress, unhealthy diet.
It is worth noting that constipation does not always manifest itself as a lack of bowel movement. Symptoms of this problem may include:
- loud meowing when trying to go to the toilet in a big way;
- the baby walks around the tray;
- the stool is hard and dry;
- the tummy is firm to the touch;
- often, blood or mucus can be observed in the emptyings;
- the baby becomes lethargic, stops licking.
- improper nutrition, a sharp change in feed;
- stress associated with moving, the appearance of another animal in the house, weaning from the mother, etc.;
- fear. due to a small child, another animal in the house.
If you don’t know how to get a kitten to go to the litter box for the first time in a new home, remember that the baby does not immediately get comfortable. For this reason, he may not walk in a big way for several days. Therefore, it is very important to surround him with care, affection, because he misses his mother.
If there are children in the house, explain to them that while the kitten is not allowed to play, it may get scared. Better to wait for him to take the initiative.
Also make sure that the kitten drinks enough water, especially if it feeds on dry food. This can also cause constipation.
Rate the author of the material. This article has already been rated by 1 person.
What is the first thing to do before a long trip or an important event? That’s right, relieve the intestines! But there are times when this does not happen according to our wishes. How to go to the toilet in a big way quickly and easily? The editorial staff of “So Simple!”.
How to go to the toilet in a big way
A cup of strong coffee in the morning is a great bowel stimulant. Doctors say that all warm drinks have this property. By expanding blood vessels and causing blood flow, the warm liquid activates the intestines. If you need to go to the bathroom in a big way before a long trip, try a cup of coffee or tea.
Sports activities can also make you want to go to the bathroom. Therefore, before training, you should do a little exercise and visit a white friend.
In order not to resort to the above methods, it is worth remembering for the future: eating a lot of fiber contributes to normal stool! Therefore, it is worth replenishing your menu with vegetable dishes and fruit desserts.
In urgent need
Athletes-runners use this trick before important competitions: they put glycerin suppositories rectally. This drug starts working in 15–20 minutes, but it can also make you happy after a few hours. If there is a need to relieve the intestines before an important event, it is better to put candles the night before.
Whoever gets up early goes to the toilet well. You should remember this rule once and for all. Waking up early gives our bodies time to digest breakfast and defecate. Before an important event or trip, try to provide at least 30 minutes for the toilet.
How to go to the toilet when time is running out
Prevention of diseases of the genitourinary system in cats
Prevention of diseases of the genitourinary system in cats is the same as the prevention of urolithiasis or inflammatory processes of the genitourinary system:
- Avoid hypothermia of the animal. There should be no drafts at home.
- Vaccinate in time, as pathogens are often the cause of inflammation.
- The diet must be correctly composed. If something goes wrong, the metabolism will fail. As a result. a bunch of sores. One of them is urolithiasis. Exclude everything prohibited! No “oh, you can give it once, nothing will happen.” Will be! Be careful with meat and fish products.
- Water must be purified / filtered and always freely available. The animal should not wait until you remember about it and pour water. And if the mustache also eats dry food, then without fresh and clean water, health problems cannot be avoided.
- If the pet has had problems with the genitourinary system at least once or has a predisposition to them, then it is better to immediately transfer the cat to dry food (there are special “lines” against diseases of the genitourinary system). And then you don’t have to puzzle over how to make a diet correctly and what to cook.
Symptoms that your cat is having bowel problems
Symptoms of bowel problems in cats are not immediately noticed by most owners. But if you look closely, you can see changes in state.
The most obvious symptom of a cat’s bowel problems is that the cat does not go to the litter box for several days. Of course, the older the mustache, the less often it poops. But this does not mean that he will endure for three days. looking at the tray, it becomes clear whether the cat has done its job or not.
Even if the cat does not endure for long, then with her anxiety and loud meows, she will tell you that she has a tummy ache. It can be hard, bloated.
Symptoms that it is difficult or painful for your cat to go to the toilet in a small way
Symptoms of painful or difficult urination in a cat are hard to miss. The mustache meows loudly, groans, screams in a wild voice. If something is released, then in very small portions (more often in inflammatory processes). If the reason is mechanical blockage of the urinary tract, then not a single drop of urine will be released from the animal.
The cat does not allow to touch his stomach, because he really hurts. The abdominal wall can be very tense, like a tight drum. The pet cannot sleep or even just lie on its belly. It is very important to remember all the symptoms you see and report to the veterinarian. The more he knows, the easier it is to diagnose. You may see drops of blood or pus in the tray.
Reasons why a cat cannot go to the toilet
The most common reason why a cat cannot go to the toilet in a small way is urolithiasis. Often, sand or stones clog the ducts. The stones themselves rarely come out, even if they come out, they severely injure the mucous membrane. And this leads to a strong inflammatory process.
Inflammatory processes in the genitourinary system. These include cystitis, nephritis, urethritis, pyelonephritis and other diseases. It will not be possible to independently diagnose the reason why the cat cannot go to the toilet in a small way. Not always the veterinarian will accurately name it, because the inflammatory processes “move” extremely quickly, covering all organs from the system.
The cat cannot go to the toilet
Unfortunately, sometimes the cat cannot go to the toilet. Small or big. And this worries not only the mustache, but also its owner. Emptying the bladder and bowels is a natural function. If this does not happen, then the animal develops intoxication with the decay products of urine and feces inside the pet. Today we will tell you about the reasons and what to do if the cat cannot go to the toilet.
There are reasons for everything. And if they are not eliminated, then the pet will suffer, slowly die. There is no need to hope that the problem will be solved by itself, and the mustache will heal itself. Often, the cause is severe inflammation.
The cat cannot go to the toilet in a big way
Now we have a second case. Your cat has not been able to go to the toilet in a big way for quite some time. what to do in this case? How long is it considered critical, what to do and where to go? Let’s figure it out.
Treating a cat that can’t go to the toilet in a small way
To know how to treat a cat that cannot go to the toilet in a small way, you need to know what exactly the reason is. And, already based on it, a treatment regimen is selected. In addition to blood and urine tests, an ultrasound scan is needed. Only it will give the most complete picture of what is happening inside the cat. And already according to the results of the study, we can say what exactly led to the fact that the cat cannot go to the toilet.
Most often, catheterization is required. The bladder is washed with antiseptic solutions. Less commonly, the veterinarian resorts to surgery. Often, catheters should not be inserted, as this leads to even more swelling of the urinary tract. And this will again become the reason that the cat cannot go to the toilet in a small way.
Inflammation is “removed” not only with antihistamines. Use of antibiotics is necessary, especially if the cat has not gone to the toilet in a small way for several days. After all, urine in the bladder is an ideal breeding ground for microorganisms.
It should be understood that if the animal at least once had problems with the genitourinary system, then it will be extremely difficult to achieve complete recovery. But the chance that there will be a relapse is very high. In 9 cases out of 10, the disease will return. But strict adherence to the rules of prevention helps to still reduce the risk of a recurrence of the disease.
Treating a cat that has a difficult bowel movement
Treating a cat with a problematic bowel movement is simple. eliminate the cause. Review your diet, give more water. Laxatives should only be given after being examined by a veterinarian. After all, if the reason lies in obstruction or adhesions / neoplasms / foreign objects, then the use of a laxative will lead to rupture of the intestines.
If the doctor permits such drugs, then you need to choose “soft”. vaseline oil or duphalac. Castor oil should not be given to animals with constipation. This will lead to severe abdominal pain, but bowel movements will never happen.
Be sure to prescribe drugs with lacto- and bifidobacteria in order to populate the intestines with useful microflora. Enemas may be prescribed. But it is better to put them in the clinic so as not to harm the animal.
As a relief of constipation after castration or sterilization, the animal should not be given vegetable and castor oil. Vegetable oils are quickly absorbed into the body, and this method will be useless. Castor oil can cause severe gastrointestinal upset in a cat.
Constipation is a common problem in the body of an animal, and it is associated with a disruption in the functioning of the digestive system.
If you notice that the cat sits on the litter box longer than usual, scratches the litter with its paws, and sometimes even screams loudly, this means that your pet has problems with bowel movements.
A healthy cat should walk at least once a day.!
In a healthy cat, bowel movements occur once or twice a day. The rest of the deviations from this norm will indicate the beginning of constipation.
Food for proper bowel function
For normal bowel function, food rich in protein and fiber is needed. Eliminate cheeses, rice, eggs, and flour products from your cat’s diet. The animal must have constant access to a bowl of water to avoid dehydration. Physical activity is useful. If the cat is lazy and likes to sleep all day. Take him for a walk, play with a feather or a ball.
Bloating can lead to constipation and more serious complications.
When a cat cannot go to the litter box in a big way for a long time, its behavior and mood changes. The symptoms of constipation are as follows:
- The pet’s belly is swollen and firm to the touch.
- Loss of appetite.
- Long and ineffectual stay on the tray.
- Digging in filler, loud screams.
- Rare hard and dry stool.
- Lack of playful mood.
If you notice such symptoms in your pet, you should not try to help him on your own, as this is a very serious problem. You need to see a doctor immediately so that he can help your animal. It is also not worth delaying with this, since there are known fatalities.
Hospital Constipation Relief
Upon admission to the veterinary hospital, the animal is carefully examined. The doctor will examine your animal visually and then order the appropriate tests. Most often, a blood test is sufficient to detect inflammation in the body.
If a foreign body or hairball is suspected, an ultrasound or X-ray is given.
What to do?
A mother cat helps kittens cope with constipation. How to help an adult cat?
Little kittens with constipation are helped by mother cats. They lick them, thereby relaxing the tummy, and a bowel movement occurs.
If you took a small animal home, most likely it will be difficult for him to cope with such a problem himself, so you can help him on your own. Place the kitten on its knees with its tummy up.
Stroke your tummy clockwise and from top to bottom. In this way, you can move away the accumulated gases, and this should help the pet.
Prescribing an enema
It is necessary to give an enema to a cat with great care, as you can damage the rectum from the inside.
After identifying the cause, an enema can help the animal. Many owners try to do it themselves at home, but this is dangerous. as it is possible to damage the rectum from the inside. Therefore, the enema is recommended to be carried out only under the supervision of a veterinarian. And also the doctor can prescribe laxatives to the animal and prescribe a diet in the form of a healthy diet.
If more serious causes of constipation are identified, a course of medication may be required. In more advanced cases, surgery may be required to clear the stool.
Constipation is often a harbinger of serious diseases such as diabetes mellitus, bowel obstruction, hernia and thyrotoxicosis.
Reasons for stool retention in a kitten
Often, babies experience difficulty in defecating in the first days and months of life. Constipation in a kitten can be triggered by several reasons:
- Lack of maternal care. In newborn babies, feces and urine come out only with the help of the mother: licking the kittens, she massages their intestines and bladder. If kittens are weaned from a cat before the age of 3 weeks, then they need human help, otherwise constipation cannot be avoided. However, sometimes the mother does not care about the offspring, which also provokes constipation in kittens.
- Poorly balanced diet. Starting an independent life, babies get used to a new type of nutrition. It is harder to digest food or natural products than mother’s milk, so constipation often occurs in kittens at the age of 1–2 months. To avoid problems with bowel movement, you need to introduce foods into the diet gradually.
- Lack of water. Dry food is a common cause of constipation in kittens if they don’t drink enough. It is important to keep track of the presence of fresh water in the pet’s bowl. If the baby has not yet settled in the house, then it is necessary to forcibly bring him to a bowl of water after feeding and between meals.
- Lack of movement. kittens in small rooms can lead to stool stagnation. To ensure good intestinal motility, it is necessary to eliminate restrictions that prevent the pet from actively moving and playing.
- Stress. Stress can be caused by moving to a new place, weaning from the mother, the appearance of other animals in the house, a visit to the veterinarian, or a trip in transport. As a result of worries, the baby may not only have a chair, but also an appetite, interest in games.
- Intestinal blockage. During the game, kittens often swallow small inedible objects. children’s toys, beads, pieces of filler. In this case, constipation can be prolonged, and the cause can be established only after examination and examination by a veterinarian. In addition, a blockage in the intestines can cause a buildup of fur in the stomach or eating up bones.
- Diseases. Constipation can be triggered by inflammatory processes in the gastrointestinal tract, the appearance and growth of tumors, polyps. In some cases, difficulty in defecation occurs with helminthic invasion.
- Dirty tray. Cats are very clean, so for some of them one litter box is not enough. If the pet pees, and the owner did not clean his toilet in time, then the baby may not poop until the filler is replaced.
Symptoms of constipation in kittens
If your pet is too small, it can be difficult to determine if it is constipated. However, an attentive owner will be able to detect this problem already at an early stage. The inability to empty the intestines is manifested not only in the absence of feces in the tray. The main symptoms of constipation are the following:
- frequent attempts to go to the toilet, which do not bring results;
- loud meowing during bowel movements;
- decreased appetite;
- excessively dry and hard feces;
- the presence of blood and mucus in the stool;
- small size of feces;
- decrease in pet weight;
- the appearance of a fear of going to the toilet.
The kitten suddenly cries out, becomes lethargic, does not eat. If constipation lasts for several days, then there is a threat to his life. The owner must carefully monitor the small pet and promptly seek help from the veterinarian at the slightest suspicion of deterioration in health.
How to help a baby, what to do at home?
The methods of providing assistance largely depend on the age of the pet. It is important to remember that any action may not please the baby, so he will desperately resist. You can cope with constipation in kittens at home by following the recommendations of experts.
Kittens 2 months and older
By 2 months, the pet becomes completely independent. He devotes a lot of time to studying the world around him, playing games. At this age, kittens most often swallow foreign objects, which cause problems with stool. If your pet does not poop for a long time, although its diet has not changed, you should consult a veterinarian. In some situations, objects are so large that they can only be removed surgically.
If the baby rarely walks in a big way after trying a new food, then you need to give him more drink. The body gradually adapts to the new food, and the problem will disappear. In addition, in case of difficult bowel movements, doctors recommend that kittens massage the abdomen, stroking it clockwise. This massage promotes the movement of feces and their exit from the body.
What is constipation?
From birth to three weeks, babies are fully cared for by the mother. The cat licks each cub not only to cleanse and remove foreign odors from the coat. It is with the tongue that it stimulates the emptying of the bladder and intestines of babies. Newborn kittens cannot go to the toilet without this massage.
At the age of 4–5 weeks, the formation of the intestines and its microflora ends. From this point on, kittens can start trying adult food, but the main part of the diet is still breast milk. Their stool begins to change, babies walk 4-6 times a day. The more kittens feed on their own, the more formalized the feces become. As they grow older, defecation occurs less often, but the owner should detect feces in the tray daily.
If the baby does not defecate for a long time, it means that he is constipated. Feces accumulate, forming a plug in the intestines. As a result of constipation, the general condition of the pet gradually worsens due to intoxication of the body.
Why a kitten can’t go to the toilet in a big way for a long time, what to do at home: causes and treatment of constipation
A kitten in the house is not only joy and many pleasant minutes, but also additional worries. The pet needs constant care, it needs to be provided with food, trained to use the tray. In addition, animals require attention, you need to play with kittens, they are very fond of affection and need to communicate with the owner.
Cat owners should monitor the health of their pets. In the process of adapting to adulthood, kittens sometimes have problems with digestion and bowel movements. What to do if a little kitten doesn’t go to the toilet in a big way for several days? How to make your pet poop? Can a laxative be given to an animal? Why are kittens constipated??
Newborns and kittens up to 1-1.5 months
When, for some reason, the calf remains without a mother at the age of less than 1.5 months, he needs human help. A one-week-old baby cannot eat, drink or go to the toilet at all. The stomach and intestines of kittens during this period are not yet fully functioning. Replacing cat milk with other foods can cause diarrhea or constipation in the young. If diarrhea develops, dehydration occurs, constipation leads to severe intoxication. Any stool disorder at this age is a threat to the life of babies.
Before each feeding, kittens need to massage the abdomen and genitals with a cotton pad dipped in warm water. This stimulation will help them empty their bladder and bowels. For constipation, weekly babies are advised to give Duphalac.
Monthly kittens are already beginning to react to the smell of meat products. Heat-treated minced meat or high-quality kitten food is introduced into their diet. Stool disturbance sometimes occurs when meeting new food. To avoid constipation, you need to monitor the amount of water consumed by babies. If the kitten does not poop, you need to give him fermented milk products. They will help normalize stool.
If there is no effect, you can use Duphalac. However, laxatives will not help if foreign objects are present in the gastrointestinal tract. In such cases, experts advise using flaxseed or liquid paraffin.
What you need to eat to quickly go to the toilet?
For the absence of malfunctions and malfunctions of the digestive system, you must eat right. Many people wonder what you need to eat in order to quickly want to use the toilet.
Remember, there will be no immediate effect, you need to wait 15 to 30 minutes for the desire to appear.
Such a move will cause additional problems and complicate the situation:
|Products||Method of use|
|Sesame||Sesame seeds can moisturize the intestines and cause bowel movements.|
Reasons why it is hard to go to the toilet in a big way
If the feeling of a full stomach does not disappear within 3 days, it is worth talking about intestinal obstruction. Such a pathology requires medical advice and the appointment of adequate treatment.
There are other reasons why it is difficult for a person to go to the toilet in a big way.
Constipation is conventionally divided into 3 categories:
- Alimentary. associated with eating disorders.
- Mechanical. in the intestine there is an obstacle to the exit of feces.
- Dyskinetic. based on a functional disorder of the intestine.
Consider the causes of constipation:
- Constipation during pregnancy. Increased progesterone is the culprit.
4 Tips To Get Your Cat to Go on a Walk With You
In addition, as the fetus grows, the uterus enlarges, compressing the intestines. Do not leave constipation unattended for a long time. it can cause hemorrhoids and cracks.
Natural childbirth. If the girl gave birth herself, without the use of a cesarean section: there may be tears on the genitals, which provokes problems with stool.
As a rule, after childbirth, a woman begins breastfeeding and the problems go away.
Improper nutrition. If the food intake is not followed, the stool is disturbed.
Constant snacks on the run, fried and spicy foods also provoke problems with bowel movements. This also includes a violation of the stool in infants.
If you can’t force yourself to go to the toilet in a big way, try eating some foods that have a laxative effect.
Why it is difficult to go to the toilet in a big way, what to eat for constipation, how to help with pills and exercise
Normally, the frequency of stool in a healthy person ranges from 3 times a day to 3 times a week. If these indicators increase or vice versa. decrease, it is worth thinking about possible reasons.
This phenomenon is due to the slowed down motility of the digestive system, but sometimes the reasons can be more serious.
To troubleshoot and normalize the condition, it is recommended to add certain foods to the diet, as well as exercise.
What pills help with constipation?
Laxative drugs help to cleanse the intestines and quickly go to the toilet in a big way.
It is highly undesirable to self-medicate, it is better to give preference to those drugs whose composition contains herbal ingredients.
Consider which pills will help you have a good bowel movement:
- Candles Norgalax. refers to emollient laxatives, it; putting Norgalax is necessary for people who are contraindicated to push.
- Duphalac. refers to osmotic laxatives, contains indigestible carbohydrates. it helps with acute and chronic constipation.
- Mucofalk. is considered a bulk laxative drug that can expand the intestine due to the presence of indigestible components:.
- Mikrolax. micro enema, which helps to urgently cope with constipation, has no age restrictions: it.
In addition to the listed drugs, Fitolax will help you easily cope with constipation. its action is aimed at irritating the intestine, which stimulates the process of peristalsis and does not allow feces to harden.
If there is a bowel movement with blood, it is worthwhile to urgently consult a doctor. perhaps there is a pathology of the digestive system in the body.
What exercises to do to go to the toilet?
In order for the pills to act quickly, it is necessary to approach the solution of the problem in a complex way: additionally, do several exercises that start the intestines.
If an adult or a child feels bad, then it is not worth performing such tasks, so as not to provoke additional problems.
Let’s look at some useful exercises:
- Sit on your knees, inhale, then exhale sharply, drawing your stomach into you.
- Do the exercise “Bicycle”: sit on your back and twist your legs about 80 times.
- Lie on the floor, on a mat, lift your legs up, holding your lower back with your hands. Gently put your legs behind your head about 20 times, if it is difficult to perform this exercise, give it up.
- Get on all fours, inhaling air, tighten your stomach and round your back. As you exhale, relax your stomach, lift your chin up.
In this case, after waking up in the morning, lie on your side in the fetal position, pulling your knees up to your chin. This will trigger the launch of the gallbladder and normalize the digestive system.