One type of harness is made from nylon straps. The rope construction forms two large loops: on the chest and on the neck. Each one fastens separately. The two straps are connected by a bridge that runs along the back of the rabbit. The leash is also attached here.
Rope models do not differ in special comfort or reliability. With careless or inept donning, there are more shoots. When buying, pay attention to the following:
- The right size. If the harness is too large, it is easier for a rabbit to escape, and a small one strangles.
- Reliability and safety of fasteners.
- Better when the leash is not tightened, but is fastened with a carabiner.
However, this is a simple and inexpensive option. Rope harnesses are popular, common.
Do it yourself
There are many leashes, harnesses, sets of both on sale. Although not always come across the right sizes and styles. If you wish, you can make the structure yourself. It is not difficult, and some housewives are even interested. The main thing is not to forget about reliability, adhere to several rules.
Why does a rabbit need a leash
The animals are active and curious. For normal health, they need movement, walks, preferably on the street, in the fresh air.
Letting your rabbit go unattended is dangerous. This is a shy animal, and there are many enemies around, for example, dogs. You can walk together, but no matter how much the animal loves its owner, it will most likely run away. Especially if you get scared of a car or something else.
Guided walks are considered a safe option. That’s what a leash is for. It is more common to see him on dogs. Basically, it is a rope that is attached to a collar or harness. Sometimes a roulette leash is used for rabbits. This gives a lot of “freedom of maneuver”.
The set comes with a leash, as a rule, a harness for a rabbit. The collar, on the other hand, is usually not used for the following reasons:
- Leads to injury. With strong, sharp tension, you can strangle your pet or cause injury, since the neck muscles in rabbits are poorly developed.
- It is easier for the animal to escape. In danger, he can dodge in the most unimaginable way.
Instead of a collar, they take a harness. a special device made of belts. It fixes the chest, part of the back, neck. The leash is usually attached at the withers. The load falls on this area, evenly distributed to the front of the body. The neck does not suffer.
Such models are also produced in the form of a kind of rabbit clothes. These are harnesses with a body that look like a vest. They are made from dense fabric. There are fasteners or Velcro straps around the abdomen and neck. A leash is attached from above.
Products with a body are more convenient than rope models for both animals and owners:
- Cool evenings are not scary in such vests.
- Made from soft fabric that won’t rub.
- Convenient to put on, adjust the size.
- The load is well distributed. The rabbit can even be lifted by the leash. If everything is put on correctly, there will be no harm to health. This is convenient, for example, in case of danger.
Tools and materials
Harness, leash. simple products. Manufacturing does not require a lot of time, effort, skill or money. Of the materials, only the following are needed:
- reliable tape, preferably nylon;
- Thick, but not rough, fabric for lining, such as flannel
- buckles (fasteners);
- ring and carabiner.
Use ordinary tailoring tools. Enough scissors, a ruler, a centimeter, a needle, strong thick thread, an awl, a pencil, a piece of paper. It’s good if you have a sewing machine.
Types of harnesses for a rabbit
Choose a product to taste. Harnesses are safer than collars. Although among them there are more reliable and successful options. There are two main types: rope and with a body. They produce special harnesses, leashes for rabbits. Although small size models for cats or dogs are also suitable.
A do-it-yourself rabbit harness is made like this:
- They measure the animal. You need the girth of the neck, chest and the distance between them.
- Write down the numbers.
- Cut off three pieces of tape. The length corresponds to the girth of the neck, chest, and the distance between them. To each of these values, add another 10 cm margin.For example, the first piece will be equal to the chest girth plus 10 cm. The stock is needed for the seams.
- Each of the three pieces of tape is trimmed with a soft, dense fabric, such as flannel.
- A neck strap is made. A loop is made at one end of the tape.
- A buckle is threaded into it.
- A hole is made at the second end of a piece of tape. They wield an awl. It is advisable to strengthen the hole so that it does not flutter. This can be done with metal rivets or simply thread the edges.
- Sew the second strap. for the chest. Act the same.
- A jumper is made for ready-made straps. A loop is made in its center.
- A ring is inserted there. Then there will be a carabiner for attaching the leash.
- Connects all three straps.
- Check, fit to the figure. Put on the pet.
- If it sits too loosely, you will need more holes in the straps.
- A piece of the desired size is cut from the same tape.
- At one end, they thread a carabiner ring, hang.
- Make a loop. Attach it with a rivet. The carabiner hangs on the loop.
- On the other side of the tape, you can make another loop for convenience. It’s more comfortable to hold the leash.
Then the structure is assembled. A carbine on a leash is attached to a ring on a harness. All work takes little time, especially for an experienced seamstress.
Sizes of a queen cell for rabbits
It is advisable to clearly follow the recommendations on what size should be the place for offspring with a female for each specific breed:
- If it is too cramped, the rabbit will feel uncomfortable in it, and she will simply refuse to be there.
- If the queen cell comes out too spacious, the animal can confuse it with a common cage and begin to relieve it, which will bring additional trouble to the owner for more frequent replacement of the litter, and also worsen the sanitary and hygienic conditions.
The dimensions of the structure should also be consistent with the dimensions of the cage in which it will stand.
Basic requirements for the mother liquor
Since in the wild, rabbits give birth in an underground burrow, where they feel safe and comfortable, the mother stock should be made as close as possible to natural conditions. it should be dark, warm, moderately spacious.
Usually the mother liquor is made in the form of a box, closed on all sides, with a small opening. Depending on the climatic conditions, it is equipped with heating or left without it. The sizes will depend on the size of the individual’s body and on the breed to which it belongs.
Features of using the mother liquor in winter
As you know, adult rabbits can be in an unheated cage, but a pregnant female, and even more so with babies, needs special care. Therefore, the structure in which the rabbit and babies will be located until they reach 20 days of age must be insulated, and in case of too low temperature, it must be equipped with additional heating.
The step-by-step course of action looks like this:
- We cut out the walls of the future mother liquor from plywood sheets. They will be rectangles. There should be 12 rectangles in total.
- Four will go to the front and back wall. We cut them 56 cm long, 30 cm wide and 30 cm high.
- From 4 more we prepare side walls 35 cm long, 30 cm wide and 30 cm high.
- The remaining 4 rectangles will go to the bottom and lid plating. They should be cut 56 cm long and 30 cm wide.
- We prepare the slats. They need to be cut into 14 pieces.
- We cut eight strips with a length of 56 cm.They will go to the frame of the front and rear walls, as well as the lid and bottom.
- We cut six slats 31 cm long.Of these we will knock down the frame of the side walls.
- We turn to sheathing the mother liquor. To do this, take one rectangle of plywood and stuff a wooden frame made of slats on its edges.
- Cover the top with an identical sheet of plywood and nail it down. One wall is ready.
- In the same way we prepare the remaining 2 walls, floor and cover. We do not touch only the wall in which the manhole will be located.
- Half of the 4th wall (if it is planned to insulate the structure) in the place where the manhole will be, we sheathe with solid boards, and the remaining half we cover with slats and sheathe with plywood.
How to make a mother plant with your own hands, you can look at
Do-it-yourself queen bee
The following will describe the process of making a standard mother liquor suitable for cutting medium-sized rocks.
For decorative and dwarf breeds, you can build a queen cell slightly smaller than the standard one.
Larger breeds such as the Flanders or the White Giant will require a more spacious design. Flandre will need to equip a box 75 cm high, 90 cm long, 40 cm wide and 20 cm wide. Female giants will feel comfortable in a mother liquor at least 80 cm high, 95 cm long, 50 cm wide and 18 cm wide. similar sizes will also be needed for the butterfly breed.
How to make a rabbit leash?
Domestic rabbits were not always the same familiar pets as dogs or cats, and even the same turtles. But today more and more children and adults choose these lop-eared animals as pets. After all, they are so cute and beautiful.
HOW TO MAKE A BUNNY HARNESS!!
Rabbits are very quickly and easily tamed, by their nature they are affectionate, and their touching appearance evokes the most positive emotions both for the owners of these animals and for everyone around them. Rabbits live well in an apartment, but, like any other pet, they require periodic walking. In winter they will be uncomfortable on the street, and in summer they will gladly nibble fresh green grass. For safe and relaxing walks, you need a rabbit leash.
A good leash for a decorative rabbit should not tighten around the animal’s neck. this will turn it into a stranglehold. To prevent this from happening, it must be fastened with a buckle. The part of the leash that falls on the back of the rabbit is made in the “H” shape, if you look at it from the side.
They may be frightened by other walking animals such as cats or dogs, or unexpected loud noises such as screaming or car alarms.
In order to avoid the question of how much a leash for a rabbit costs, you can make it with your own hands. In this case, the leash made (it consists of a harness and a belt) must be reliable and comfortable for the rabbit. With sudden movements, the animal, on the one hand, should not slip out of the leash, and on the other hand, and not strangle itself. Leashes should gently wrap around the back and neck of the animal, fixing it, but not causing discomfort.
Actually, the leash consists of two parts. a harness and a belt. Let’s start with the harness. The first step is to measure the circumference of the chest and neck of the animal. To the obtained dimensions, a tolerance of 2-3 cm is added. for the seams, as well as for the “outgrowth” of the rabbit. So that he does not feel cramped.
Rabbits, of course. these are not the fastest animals, but they can quickly gallop away from their owners and get lost. They can run away not because they strive for freedom, but because they are rather fearful creatures. That is, leashes are very relevant in this case.
The edges of the two parts of the tape are singed so that they do not bloom further, half of the fastener is sewn to one of them. fastex, which consists of two parts. Stoppers are put on a part of the tape. they will help to adjust the harness to the desired size. Then the second part of the fastener is sewn on. The resulting parts are connected by a jumper, on which a half-ring is put on. with its help, the harness will be attached to the belt. The length of the jumper is equal to the distance from the rabbit’s chest behind the front paws to the animal’s neck.
After the harness, a leash strap is made. A loop is made from one edge of it, which allows you to comfortably hold the leash in your hand.
DIY Pet Leash
On the other edge, a carabiner is attached, which will snap into place on the half-ring on the jumper before the walk. it should always be on the back of the rabbit.
After making the leash, it’s best to give your rabbit time to get used to its new outfit. To do this, you should wear a leash at home.
A few days after the rabbit gets used to the leash, you can take him on a new leash on a street walk. And if small children are allowed to do this, they will simply be crazy about this tiny and very cute creature.
The installation of the branch leash is carried out delicately and, of course, carefully in order to exclude damage to the equipment. How to make a leash correctly? To do this, you need to follow the knitting technology, which is as follows:
- We are preparing a couple of carbines and a sinker, the weight of which should not be less than 10 grams. It is better to choose a cylindrical sinker, a silicone leader with a fishing line up to 0.5 mm.
- Then we pass the main end of the line through the eye of one swivel, so that it glides smoothly along the cable.
- Thread the fishing line into the free eye of the swivel and pass a sinker through it. Line length should not be more than 30 cm.
- Tighten the tip of the line with a triple knot to form the loop necessary to connect the swivel to the sinker.
- We take the swivel located on the main line in our hands, and attach the leash to the free eye (on the hook).
The diverter leash has become popular due to the fact that during fishing a person can feel the whole dynamics of the game of fish, fishing it out.
Before looking for an answer to the question of how to make a leash yourself, you need to remember that fishing is carried out in such a position when the rod is vertical, which makes it easy to lift the lead.
There are two main types of installation of the structure. deaf and sliding. For a better understanding of the difference between them, it is necessary to describe each species in more detail.
How to make a do-it-yourself fishing leash?
What is a breakaway leader and what is it for? Only an avid fisherman can answer these questions. Now this type of installation, as a diverting leash, is very popular among fishing enthusiasts. This includes a feeder, spinning rod and a regular fishing rod.
The popularity of the use of diverter tackle increased only when the idea of separating bait and load from each other appeared, which makes it possible to scare away fish less. This is a kind of sinker. This type of rig can be used when hunting predatory fish or when fishing, for example, carp. How to make a diverter leash?
Among fishing enthusiasts, knitting with a triple swivel is most popular, when the tip of the main cable is fixed tightly, and the other end moves freely. A sinker is attached to the fixed part, and to the free end. bait. Thanks to this, the swivel makes unlimited movements along the sliding, along the entire length of the line. If desired, you can attach a rubber stopper to the line.
It is also possible to use a special lead wire, which is shaped like the letter “g”. It is tied just above the sinker to the main cable. It is worth noting that the main advantage of such an installation of the structure is that there are no hooks and storage is simplified. So we answered the question of how to make a leash in a deaf way.
Double swivel. popular type of weaving. The main material for creating such a structure is the main line. The weight is attached to a fishing line 30 cm long, or rather to one eyelet. On the other hand, a bait is attached to a cable up to one and a half meters. In this case, the length of the cable should not be less than the length of the leash with the load.
With a sliding installation, the swivel will move along the entire length of the cord, and a structure with a bait serves as a limiter.
Benefits of using
When using a diverter leash, you can exclude the possibility of losing the bait: if fishing is carried out in a cluttered area of the reservoir, then it is better to purchase an elongated weight similar to a stick in advance, which will pass through narrow slots without problems. It is also possible to use a lead pellet, which must be attached to the end of the line.
In addition to the loss of tackle, the diverter leash is useful in the case of free play of the bait, that is, it does not reach the bottom, but moves close.
It is not difficult to make a leash at home, in addition, it is ideal for both deep fishing and fishing in shallow water, with a fast and slow current. It is important to take into account the depth of the reservoir and the bottom relief when installing the structure, and then fishing will become a pleasure.
When and where to use the diverter tackle?
Most of the tackle has a retractable lead. This type of installation is used for fishing at any time of the year. Therefore, it is worth listing the methods of rigging and fishing in which a diverter leash is used.
- Spinning when the lead-in can be called a Moscow rig.
- To the feeder. Helicopter leash construction is used here.
- Fishing in line, when fishing is difficult because the river has a fast flow or rocky bottom.
- Winter fishing. You can use a leash in the construction of a “helicopter” or a large weight to speed up the fishing process.
- When trolling, when the bait needs to be positioned above the grass. In this case, it is possible to use a diverter leash at great depths.
Lure selection criteria
The effectiveness of fishing largely depends not only on how to make a leash from a fishing line, but also on the choice of bait.
Twisters are chosen by fishermen who like a diverter leash. The twister is used as a spinning bait. The main distinguishing point of twisters is that this lure behaves naturally in the water and resembles a live fish.
Now the so-called vibrotails are very relevant. Most often used when fishing with a bottom rig.
Spoons are used for the installation of a branch lead much less often than other baits. All due to the fact that, together with the spoon, a heavy load is also installed.
Floating suspenders such as wobblers are not used as often. They look like twisters, not suitable for deep fishing.
It is not enough to know the answer to the question of how to make a leash with your own hands, it is important to choose the right bait and equipment for this very structure.
It is also called “ringing”. Model, as a rule, without a carabiner, with a noose collar. Thin and light, the ring is not chosen for walking with dogs, but for displaying them in the show ring.
Since it is necessary to make a leash that is necessarily strong and reliable, it is necessary to attend to the correct choice of materials. Many modern models are made of nylon webbing. This is not the best choice, as this material is often extremely slippery and stiff, and its edges are sharp. When you jerk, the nylon leash is sure to burn your hand.
The tarpaulin is characterized by naturalness and increased durability. A fairly heavy carabiner can be sewn onto it, and the dense fabric material will not sag under its weight. There are two drawbacks to the tarpaulin. just like nylon, it slips and burns hands, sometimes to the point of blood, and besides this, its appearance is far from beauty and grace.
Soft leather, especially calf leather, the so-called “oily”. excellent material for leashes. The most expensive and comfortable models are made from it. The skin will not slip or cut your hands if it is soft. Such material is beautiful, lightweight and comfortable. The only drawback is its ability to tan after interaction with water. But even this can be avoided by acquiring soft, expensive leather. Unfortunately, these tips are of little use for self-production, since making a leash from leather materials at home is quite problematic.
The correct option for sewing with your own hands would be a synthetic sling without a hard edge, sheathed with softer, possibly colored or reflective cotton tape.
Thanks to the internal mechanism, it twists and unwinds without sagging or dragging along the ground. The tape measure for dogs can be convenient as a walking option for owners of small and medium breeds. Not recommended for strong animals, as the roulette mechanism cannot withstand sudden jerks. Such a leash can be tape or cable, but it is worth remembering that any tape-measure leash for dogs teaches the animal to pull. Unfortunately, this is the only model, the manufacture of which at home is almost impossible without specialized materials.
Short, usually about 50 centimeters long, model. Designed for increased control over strong and tall dogs in the city. It is a long loop with carbine, worn on the arm. The design does not allow the animal to move away from the owner’s leg. This option is distinguished by the presence of a reinforced carbine, and often a shock absorber.
Allows you to change the length one and a half to two times. Convenient for quick change of the leash size, as well as for the leash of the dog. In the manufacture, metal half rings are used, sewn along the length of the leash, as well as one or two carabiners.
Model for walking animals. It can be from 1.5 to 3 meters long. Most often, such a leash is leather, nylon or canvas, with one carabiner and a handle. A reliable option, the easiest to manufacture. Can be completed with a padded handle, reflective tape or cushioning elastic. Training option. a leash of the same design, but 10 meters long.
A bit of theory
A leash is a thing that is required by law for every dog, regardless of its breed, size and place of residence. Originating from a harness, this tool has become not only a device for restraining walking, but also a method of controlling an animal during training. Before you start talking about how to make a dog leash, it is worth talking a little about its types.
How to make a leash: step one. Choice of fittings
The main thing that factory models can boast of, especially if they are released under the label of eminent companies, is the presence of high-quality metal fittings. Retaining rings, half rings and carabiners are the most important part of the leash. Sometimes the life of the dog itself and the well-being of others depend on their strength.
How to DIY a rabbit leash?
Rabbits are used not only for meat and valuable skins, but also as pets. Today it has become fashionable to keep eared animals in apartments, walk with them on the street and even travel. A leash for a rabbit is a thing that the owner of the animal cannot do without, without it it is impossible to let the pet play in the grass, otherwise it will run away. The article will tell you what requirements the leash should meet, what types of harnesses are, and how to make equipment for walking on your own.
How to properly put on a leash on a rabbit?
Without experience, putting on a leash on a rabbit is not easy. The animal will resist, and its owner will become nervous. The design of the harness itself is quite simple. If you look at it, it becomes clear what to do with it.
If we are talking about a rope model, then you need to put a smaller diameter strap around the pet’s neck and fasten it, and put a larger one on the rabbit’s chest. There should be a jumper on the back, it has a ring on which the leash carabiner clings.
Once you dress your rabbit in a new outfit, make sure that:
- the index finger passes freely between the straps and the neck of the animal;
- the clasps did not pinch the pet’s skin;
- the animal will not be able to free itself if it begins to actively move.
There shouldn’t be any complications with another model. A vest harness is put on like this. they put it on the back of the pet, wrap the torso and fasten Velcro or clips in the neck and chest area. Correctly worn harness does not squeeze the body, but does not dangle on the body of the animal.
How to make a harness with your own hands?
- a piece of dense fabric, it is better to take a ready-made nylon braid;
- lining soft material;
- a needle and strong thread or a sewing machine;
- buckles. 2 pieces;
Step-by-step instructions for making a rabbit leash:
- We make measurements. It is necessary to measure the circumference of the animal’s neck and chest, as well as the distance between these parts of the body. We record the data on paper.
- Cut off 3 pieces of braid. The first one is 10 cm larger than the girth of the animal’s neck. The second piece is 10 cm longer than the chest girth. The third (connecting bridge) is 8-10 cm longer than the distance from the neck to the chest of the animal. The stock of fabric will go to the seams.
- We sew all 3 fragments from the inside with a soft cloth.
- On the first two fragments of the braid, we make a loop from one end, thread a buckle-fastener into it. Make holes at opposite ends of the fabric with an awl. It is advisable to process the perforation with threads or use special metal rivets so that the fabric does not fray.
- In the center of the jumper, which connects the two straps, we make a loop, we pass a ring into it. Subsequently, it is to him that the leash carabiner will be attached.
- We connect the three parts together so that the jumper is on the back of the animal.
Attention! The finished product needs to be tried on to make sure the buckles are adjusted correctly. If necessary, make 1-2 more holes on the straps, if the harness does not fit tightly.
Why does a rabbit need a leash?
Eared rodents are active animals, they like to move and play a lot. This way of life is good for them. Walking during the warm season also helps the animal stay healthy. Fresh air is one of the main conditions for strengthening the immune system. However, it is impossible to walk with a rabbit without a leash. These animals are very shy. Hearing a loud sound and finding themselves in an unfamiliar environment, they experience intense fear. During a walk, the animal can get scared and run away. You need a leash to prevent this from happening.
Types of leashes for rabbits
Not all walking gear is suitable for rabbits. A regular collar is not suitable for them for the following reasons:
- creating a tension on the leash, the animal can be injured or even die from suffocation, since its neck muscles are poorly developed;
- the pet will easily slip out of the collar if it senses danger.
For walks with a fur-bearing animal, only rabbit leashes and harnesses should be used. Their peculiarity is that the animal is held in a special way, so that no load is created on the neck. The harness wraps around the neck and chest of the animal, which completely eliminates the traumatic factor and the escape of the rabbit. Leashes are different:
- Rope. They consist of multiple nylon straps. One of them fastens at the neck, the other at the chest. These parts of the uniform are interconnected by a jumper on the back of the animal. It is to her that the leash is attached.
- Harness with body (harness-clothes). This is a more advanced version of the rabbit outfit. Outwardly, it resembles a vest, to the top of which a leash is attached. The harness is made of dense fabric and is usually equipped with Velcro or plaques around the pet’s neck and chest.
Safe Walking Rules
Before you go for a walk with your rabbit, you need to give him the opportunity to get used to the new subject. First, the harness is put on at home for a short time. Do not attach a leash to it, let the animal get used to it. If you increase the time spent in the harness every day, the pet will soon get used to it.
You can walk with the animal in warm weather, when there is no precipitation and strong gusts of wind. It is worth choosing places where it is quiet and calm, because rabbits are very afraid of noise and crowds. In case of danger, the owner of the animal can lift it directly by the leash, without fear of injury. Rabbit leash supports the front legs and chest, not the neck.
Important! You can walk with a rabbit from 4 months. The animal must be vaccinated in advance with vaccines against myxomatosis and HBV, as well as against rabies.
Manufacturing of elements
Cut two strips from the braid. The length of strip 1 should be equal to the sum of the girth of the abdomen and neck, plus another 20 cm (in reserve for the seams). The length of the second is equal to the length of the gap between the abdomen and the neck, plus another 10 cm for the seams. Sew a lining to strip 1 from the front side. Having formed a loop on one side, place a ring in it. Sew the fold, attach the buckle.
Cut the other end of the tape obliquely. Using an awl, make small holes (at a distance of 1 cm from the end of the cut). Sew the strip at the ends and from the inside with a fabric for lining.
This harness has a closed body that resembles a vest.
- is safer and more comfortable for the pet;
- it is easier with her to control the rabbit without harming him;
- comes in different colors, has different designs.
There is often only one drawback: this type is much more expensive than rope.
You need to measure the girth of the abdomen, neck and the length of the distance between them (using a measuring tape), and then start making the accessory.
How to train your rabbit to wear a harness?
Before you go for a walk with your rabbit, you need to accustom him to a leash. Learning should be started at an early age, and it is better to do it at home, in a calm environment. An important condition is that the rabbit must already get used to its owner and new home. Here are detailed instructions on how to accustom your pet to the harness:
- At first, it is put on for just a few minutes, without using a leash. The animal may feel uncomfortable, but will soon get used to the new object.
- Gradually, the time spent in the harness increases.
- After a day or two, you can attach a leash. Do not pull it on, otherwise the eared will not like it, in the future he will resist walking in a harness.
- When the animal gets comfortable and stops noticing that it is on a leash, you can go out with it on the street.
- Choose a quiet, peaceful walking area where children don’t make noise or dogs bark. A small lawn with soft grass away from the roadway would be an excellent option.
- You need to go out for a walk when the weather is fine.
Attention! It is better to deliver the rabbit in a carrier to the place of walking, so that it does not get scared on the way and does not get tired.
Owners of decorative rabbits recommend getting a tape measure. It is much more convenient to walk with him. when the animal moves away from the owner, the leash does not stretch, but becomes longer. The animal will like to feel free. In case of danger, the owner of the animal will use a lock, which limits the radius of movement. It will take about a week to train a rabbit to wear a harness. If the owner does everything right, then the animal will appreciate the innovation and love walks in the fresh air.
Important! Before going outside, the pet must be vaccinated against deadly diseases. myxomatosis, VGBK, rabies.
How to put a harness on a rabbit?
It is not easy to put on a harness on a rabbit for the first time. the animal will resist. It must be held firmly, but carefully, talking to the pet in an affectionate voice. Outfit for walking consists of two parts. narrow and wide. A strap with a smaller diameter is put on the neck of the animal, and the other on the chest. It is important to make sure your rabbit is comfortable with the new outfit. After fastening both straps, make sure that:
- between the collar and the neck of the animal there is a free space equal to the thickness of the index finger;
- fasteners are securely fixed;
- rabbit fur or skin is not pinched by clasps.
When the harness is dressed correctly, the animal hardly feels it. It remains only to attach the leash to the ring on the back of the pet.
Reference. If the owner has a harness-vest at his disposal, they put it on according to the same principle. the narrow part is located on the neck, and the wide part is on the chest. When dressing it on a rabbit, make sure that the outfit does not squeeze the torso.
Walking in the air brings joy to the rabbit, on one condition. he feels safe. Thanks to the harness, the animal has the ability to move freely on the grass, play and frolic, while being in the field of view of the owner. This equipment is safe. if the leash is pulled, the rabbit is not in danger of suffocation, and the pet will not be able to break out of the harness and run away.
How to put a harness on a rabbit
How to put on a leash so that the animal does not get scared? The rabbit is quite fearful, so the very procedure of putting on the leash can be stressful. The harness cannot be worn if the pet breaks out of its hands, squeaks. Sit your pet on your lap, pet him, calm him down. You can give your favorite treat.
Fastening straps or Velcro, making sure that no fur gets there, and the pet does not rub anything. It remains to fasten the leash and enjoy the walk with the rabbit.
Walking is an important aspect of rabbit care. Subject to all the rules and proper selection of a leash, this process will bring a lot of pleasure to both your pet and you.
What is a harness for?
Recently, rabbits are gaining popularity as pets. They are quiet and calm animals that do not require special care. Ornamental breeds are not pests. It is pleasant to feed them, it is interesting to play with them, but a walk with them is a special pleasure. For a walk, a bunny needs a quiet place with green, soft grass, away from noisy highways and any loud sounds. To be able to control the animal, a harness is put on it.
The rabbit harness is designed to prevent it from escaping or being injured. It is less safe to wear a rabbit collar. If you put on a collar and do not calculate your strength by pulling on it, you can harm the health or life of the animal. The harness does not squeeze the neck, does not block the airways, therefore, when walking rabbits, it is considered more relevant.
Making a leash for a rabbit with your own hands
You can make the harness yourself. This will allow you not only to save money, but also to achieve the perfect design for your pet. You choose the material, color and design yourself, thanks to which the rabbit will not only feel comfortable, but will also be able to look original.