The hamster does not sleep in the house
Reasons why the hamster does not sleep in the house:
- the material or bedding is allergic or unpleasant to the pet;
- the animal did not understand the purpose (to fix the problem, in this case, you can put an object with an already familiar smell in the house);
- the pet uses it to store food;
- the entrance to the house is inconvenient;
- the animal does not feel safe in it (transparent walls, large holes);
- no ventilation;
- does not want to (in this case, you just need to give him time to get used to).
This type of dwelling, due to its size, is only suitable for Dzungarian hamsters.
Циркуль своими руками | Compass with his own hands. DIY.
First you need to drain the milk from the coconut by making holes in the eyes. After stepping back from them a couple of centimeters, you need to knock with the handle of a knife, if a crack appears on the shell, then this part of the fruit is cut off with a knife, if not, then you should use a hacksaw. The pulp is completely cleaned out. The cut edge is sanded with sandpaper.
ATTENTION! For easier detachment of the pulp from the shell, it is enough to remove the fruit in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Hamster educational toys
Hamsters are very energetic and therefore need additional ways of spending time, namely toys for rodents.
There are several varieties of toys. Some are suitable for grinding teeth, others can be climbed and played hide and seek, and others can be chased around the cage, as if playing football.
Some breeders build entire playgrounds for their pets.
The video shows a great example of a do-it-yourself hamster maze.
How to equip a cage with your own hands
From the toothbrush holder
If suddenly a stand for toothbrushes is lying around in the house, then it can be safely used as a house for a rodent. It usually already has all the necessary holes, but such a dwelling is suitable only for dwarf hamsters.
Do-it-yourself hamster house
The hamster is a nimble animal that is very active at night. In the daytime, the animal sleeps. So that he has a place to rest, you can make a house for a hamster with your own hands.
Internal and external arrangement
The arrangement of a cage for an animal implies equipping with various accessories. This includes a hammock, jogging wheel, tunnels, house, drinker, feeder.
- Wheel. Running in circles will satisfy the hamster’s need for movement. The diameter is determined by the size of the animal. Dzungariks have enough of a twenty centimeter structure, the Syrians will fit wheels with a diameter of 30 cm.As they grow older, the device is replaced by another in accordance with the growth of the animal.
Important! Choose a solid treadmill, the grill may injure the feet.
- Tunnel. Helps maintain an active lifestyle. It is also selected according to the size of the pet. The main condition: so that the hamster does not get stuck.
- Hammock. Plastic or metal rockers are responsible for the development of coordination of movements.
- Drinking bowl. The animal should be provided daily with clean drinking water, poured into a nipple drinker or bowl.
- Feeder. It is not necessary to acquire a special container that is difficult to turn over, the feed can be scattered throughout the cage. It is useful for a hamster, especially a Dzungarian breed, to hone the instinct of finding food.
- Litter. As a rule, dense, odorless wood pellets or large pressed sawdust, with the exception of cedar and pine, are poured onto the bottom of the cage. Such sawdust can cause allergic reactions or bronchospasm. An alternative option is finely chopped ears of corn into which the animals love to bury themselves. Mineral litters are toxic to rodents, and kitty litters should be clay-free. Minimum litter depth 6 centimeters.
- Nesting material. To arrange the nest, hamsters are allowed to offer toilet paper without fragrances, paper napkins or towels torn into pieces.
Toys such as toilet paper rolls or cardboard boxes will keep your hamster’s attention for a long time until he chews them. Mineral stones are used to grind teeth.
Important! If the room temperature is high, it is advisable to place a piece of ceramic tile or tile with turned edges into the cage. These items remain cool even in the heat and the animals will be able to cool themselves by lying on them.
Hamster house out of the box
By the same principle as a wooden dwelling, you can make a house out of a box.
To do this, we will prepare a “pattern” of cardboard. We connect the walls with glue that is harmless to the animal, and cut out the entrance and windows with a clerical knife or scissors.
You can go a very simple way using a tissue box.
Be sure to free the box from the plastic wrap!
These boxes are convenient because they already have ready-made holes, they will serve as an entrance for the hamster. If you have a square box, you can simply cut it in two so that the cut line runs right down the middle of the napkin recess window. You will receive 2 identical houses for small animals. If the box is rectangular, you will have to make two cuts so that the future house has a compact size and stands firmly in the cage.
Take the cardboard tube left over from the toilet paper and insert it into the hole in the box. Attach it to the edges of the hole with glue, fix and let dry. You’ve got a house with a tunnel entrance.
A simple one-bottle shelter
To build a house, take a bottle that fits the width of the bottom of the animal. The bottom of the dishes will be the shelter for the hamster. Cut off this part of the bottle, turn it over with the cut side down and make a semicircular entrance. With a hot knitting needle we pierce holes for air exchange around the perimeter of the house. We glue the cut edges of the bottle and the entrance with electrical tape so that the hamster does not get hurt from sharp edges. You don’t have to cut out the entrance, but put a piece of the bottle on its side, and its cut will serve as an entrance. The container should be dark so that the animal feels protected.
Hamster wooden house
Depending on the size, such housing can be made for both the Syrian hamster and dwarf brethren. The simplest design is made in the form of a box with a removable roof, ventilation holes and an entrance for the animal. To get started, you need to prepare a sheet of plywood or a wooden board 1-4 cm thick. Plywood is more convenient. It is cheaper, easier to handle, and the hamster does not chew it so quickly. Suitable for making hardwood.
Mark up the prepared sheets. If the house is intended for a small hamster, the length of the front and rear walls is 15 cm, with a height of 10 cm.The side walls are 10×10 cm.The lower part of the structure remains open, and for the top we put it on 17×12 cm sheets.This is necessary so that the roof does not fall inside boxes. On the front surface, it is necessary to cut out the entrance and the window, which will serve as additional ventilation. For the convenience of fastening plywood sheets, narrow slats can be nailed at the joints. For work you will need:
- circular saw or jigsaw;
- a hammer;
- small nails or screws.
Each piece of plywood must be filed and sanded. The opening for the entrance and ventilation is also processed with “sandpaper”.
First, we assemble the walls by nailing or fastening with self-tapping screws. We put the roof on top, without fixing it on the frame for the convenience of cleaning the room.
If it is difficult to calculate the design parameters for your animal, take a cardboard box of the required dimensions. Measure its parameters and set aside on plywood the length and width you need.
House of two bottles
You can make the design a little more complicated from two bottles. Both containers are handled in the same way. We cut off the bottom and neck of them. We wrap the edges of the first with electrical tape. In the middle of the first bottle we make a hole in the diameter of the second one. We do this with a clerical knife. First, make a cruciform incision, then bend the edges, being careful not to pull too hard. Plastic is very fragile and can crack. Insert the scissors and cut a hole. Apply tape to the circumference.
For a tighter fit, flatten the edges of the bottle, which we will insert into the hole, and cut the upper and lower edges diagonally. We wrap the edge with electrical tape. We insert the bottle into the first one. If the edges fit tightly enough, tie the two bottles together with electrical tape.
Shelter for animals from plastic bottles
These houses can be made for small and large hamsters. It all depends on the size of the bottle. There are many options for the design of housing, we will consider 2.
Hamster house made from coconut shell
This design is more durable than the previous version. With the seeming simplicity of manufacturing, you will have to tinker with it for several hours, cleaning the pulp from the fruit. The dwelling turns out to be quite small, therefore it will serve as a shelter for a Dzungarian hamster. Pick a coconut and get started:
- make holes in the “eyes” of the coconut and drain the milk;
- knock on the fruit with the blunt side of the knife, stepping back a couple of centimeters from the eyes. the most vulnerable part of the shell;
- if a crack appears on the surface, cut off this part with a knife, if it does not appear, saw off with a hacksaw;
- put the fruit in the freezer for 20 minutes, which will make it easier to remove the pulp from the coconut;
- sand the edges of the hole in the future house.
You can stop at this, but the dwelling will be unstable and will roll around the cage. To avoid this, install the coconut house with the sawn hole facing down.
Draw a small arch on one side and cut it out along the outline. Sand the edges. This will be the entrance to the house. Drill holes for ventilation. If you wish, you can make decorative windows on the side.
How to make a house for a hamster
- Mark out the workpieces. For small hamsters, the front and back walls are made 15 by 10 cm, and the side walls are 10 by 10 cm, for the top you need 17 by 12 cm, then the roof will be slightly wider than the perimeter of the house.
- Cut out the windows in front for the entrance and ventilation of the dwelling.
- To make it more convenient to fasten the parts together, nail narrow slats in the places of their connection.
- Sand each element of the house and sand the edges with sandpaper.
- Knock down the walls with nails or fasten them with self-tapping screws. For ease of cleaning, the roof does not need to be fastened to the frame.
- It is important that the tips of the nails do not stick out inside the dwelling. Hammer them in a safe way for your hamster to avoid injury.
What materials can be used to make a house for a hamster
To make a fluffy pet in a homemade home comfortable and safe, it is made from environmentally friendly materials, because he is a rodent and is used to trying everything “by the gut”. For the house, choose cardboard, paper, plywood, wood or food grade plastic. Its dimensions depend on the size of the hamster. What are the options for housing?
A house for a hamster can be made with your own hands from almost any material
Paper house for a Dzungarian hamster
Making a hut from paper and cardboard does not require a lot of money, as well as a lot of time. Paper cottage. temporary shelter, easy to make and quickly breaks down.
Materials: toilet paper, balloon, bowl of water.
- Inflate an orange-sized balloon.
- Tear the toilet paper into several pieces, soak in water.
- Stick wet sheets on a ball in 8-10 layers.
- Let the structure dry well.
- Release air from the balloon by piercing with a pin.
- Remove the deflated balloon.
- In the resulting paper sphere, make an entrance for the Jungar hamster.
Such a fragile home is suitable for small rodents. The cottage of a large individual should be more durable.
How and from what to make a house for a hamster with your own hands?
When purchasing a hamster, in any case, you will also have to think over a home for it. an ordinary cage or a full-fledged house. The second, by the way, it is quite possible to make it yourself and thereby get a multifunctional structure, spending a minimum of money. There are also variations of small houses, which are simply placed inside the cage and are used to a greater extent for the game.
How to make a house for a hamster with your own hands
Hamsters are quite cute and friendly animals. Although they are quite domestic, it is not recommended to release the animals into the open space. over, not only when there is a cat in the apartment. The hamster can get lost, chew on furniture, or become a victim of its own curiosity by accidentally jumping into the toilet. Let’s talk about how to equip this pet’s home.
What can be made of plastic
A bottle house for a hamster will be an original gift for a child who is interested in the topic of fantasy and the exploration of the vastness of the universe. For work you will need:
- 3 or 6 five-liter canisters;
- boat or sharp knife;
- wide tape;
- 4-5 liter bottles.
The creation process can be divided into several stages:
- preparation of parts;
The hardest part about a plastic hamster house is designing a blueprint. Although this is a matter of fantasy, there are several guidelines.
- immediately develop the future house as a modular system, for each module you will need 3 five-liter canisters;
- solve the issue with tiers, for small areas it is better to make superstructures in height, for large areas. in length;
- consider additional elements: wheel, separate sections for sleeping, feed and water.
- from two canisters in the widest part we cut off the necks so, from the third canister we cut off both the bottom and the neck;
- in the middle of the third canister we make a wide rectangular hole, a hand should climb into it without any problems;
- if the modules are located in length, cut a small hole in one of the bottoms, so that an adult hamster can crawl into it;
- we make the next module in the same way.
If you install a tiered system, you will need a ladder. It is made from canister scraps. All additional elements are cut from liter bottles. The bed and feeder can be just circles 15-25 cm wide. The wheel is made a little more complicated. It is necessary to cut two strips of plastic along the length of the bottle and solder them together.
A do-it-yourself hamster house is assembled with tape. The finished product turns out to be truly original.
What can be made of glass
While it is possible to purchase several aluminum profiles and find a car tire, using a regular aquarium is more appropriate. The final cost will turn out to be almost the same.
- clean the glass from plaque with any window cleaner:
- lay straw or any other bedding;
- attach a running wheel to one of the walls;
- install a feeder.
Such a home for a hamster with your own hands will be both inexpensive and practical, and much more attractive than a cage made of twigs. If desired, the aquarium is additionally equipped with ladders and tiers of wooden planks or plywood.
Variety of options
In general terms, there are three directions for the development of fantasy:
Plastic is well suited when you need to create some kind of space or futuristic design. Wood is a versatile material. With its help, you can embody any idea. Glass is considered the easiest to work with. But it will be difficult to create something really unique with it.
How to make a wooden hamster house
First you need to decide how much time you are willing to spend on creating a work of art. If there are no skills, no tools, no desire to bother:
- take a sheet of plywood;
- cut it into 5 parts, so that you get a box without a top, the recommended height is 20 cm;
- if you want to diversify the design, add another 20 cm in height and install ladders and shelves.
For a more complex option, you will need a drawing:
- choose a style, Romanesque, Gothic, Country, Greek or Egyptian;
- consider the internal filling, based on this, select the dimensions;
- draw several decoration options.
A house for a hamster, made in the form of a fence, behind which a real villa will be located, will look quite impressive. If you wish, you can create a whole mansion with separate rooms and furniture. There are really many options.
It is best to work with plywood, it does not require a lot of power tools. The tree will be more beautiful and more durable.
After sketching and assembling the framing, there are a few more things to do:
- treat wood with an antiseptic;
- prime the surface;
- cover it with stain;
- spill if necessary.
HAND VS FAST SHREDDER
This complex of protection will make the house durable. A coat of varnish will make cleaning easier. Now decide what is right for you and go ahead for the tools.
How to make and equip a house for a hamster with your own hands
Perhaps there is no more comfortable pet than a hamster. Caring for such a pet is not difficult, it does not require large expenses, and the modest dimensions of the animal allow it to be comfortably placed even in a small-sized city apartment. An ordinary three-liter jar is quite suitable as a dwelling for a hamster, but with a little imagination and spending a small amount of money to purchase the simplest cage, you can equip it with a house where the little inhabitant will feel comfortable and safe.
What can you make a house for hamsters
As a building material for the future home of your pet, you can use any available items. It is only important that they are non-toxic and, if possible, durable, since the little rodent will definitely try to test the new “apartment” for strength.
- wooden planks, planks or slats (a smart option is to collect the required number of popsicle sticks);
- other natural material of suitable size, for example, coconut shell;
- organic glass;
- thick cardboard (some use toilet rolls or ready-made boxes for this purpose);
- plywood residues (chipboard or fiberboard).
Evaluating the pros and cons of the above options, it should be noted that, on the one hand, a dwelling made of natural material is most suitable for any animal.
But, on the other hand, you need to be prepared for the fact that both a wooden and a coconut house will constantly be undermined by the teeth of its inhabitant, and besides, upon contact with the remnants of food, urine and other organic matter accumulating in the cell, such material will inevitably accumulate and pathogenic organisms multiply. bacteria and fungi that are unsafe for the animal inside.
In no case should you cover the tree with varnish or other protective agent, since they will more likely cause poisoning in the hamster. From this point of view, plastic and organic glass can be more durable and safer materials.
Plywood is not the best option for a hamster house, as it can be very toxic. As for cardboard, this option can be considered as a temporary dwelling, which will need to be changed very often due to its deliberate fragility.
For work we need the following tools and materials:
- unpainted wooden boards (boards of fruit trees are optimal, but any hardwood can be used);
- a measuring tool (a regular school ruler will do);
- a hammer;
- a set of cutters for wood;
- an angle grinder, electric saw or regular jigsaw;
- electric or hand drill;
- honey watercolor paint.
How to make a wooden house for hamsters with your own hands
Step-by-step instructions for making a wooden structure:
- We start with the markup (drawing). The size of the house depends on the breed of its inhabitant. For a Dzungarian hamster, a dwelling of 15 × 10 cm with a height of 9–10 cm is enough, while, for example, a Syrian hamster will be cramped in such a room. We mark the required dimensions on the boards using a ruler and a pencil.
- We outline future doors on the boards and, if desired, windows and the form of several round holes with a diameter of about 1 cm.
- We mark the roof. To ensure a small overlap, its length should be 2 cm longer than the length of the wall of the structure (in our case, 17 × 12 cm).
- We cut out the marked parts, as well as the holes provided in the walls (door and windows).
- Let’s start assembling. First, we attach a triangular roof piece to the side wall of the frame using a hammer and nails. We repeat the procedure with the second end wall.
- In the same way, we nail the front wall of the house to one and then the other end walls.
- We nail the remaining rear to the 3 finished walls.
- Let’s start assembling the roof. For convenience, we first nail down a narrow rail from above to one of the side surfaces, after which we nail the second half of the roof to it.
- It remains only to nail the finished roof to the base of the structure with 6 nails (2 on top and below on each of the 2 sides of the roof).
- At the end of the work, we carefully examine the finished structure for the absence of protruding parts of the nails, with which the inhabitant of the dwelling can accidentally injure himself.
- If you wish, you can include finishing work in the technological process by painting the house with honey watercolors that are safe for a hamster, but the house will look quite elegant and without additional decoration.
Your own hands. the Ship. House for hamster diy
From a plastic bottle
For work we need the following tools and materials:
- a plastic bottle (a 1.5-liter is enough for a jungarik);
- stationery knife;
- matches or lighter;
- pen or felt-tip pen;
House for a hamster from a plastic bottle
Step-by-step instructions for making a house from a plastic bottle:
- The first stage is marking. We measure the desired height of the house from the bottom of the bottle and draw a line around the circumference with a felt-tip pen at the level of this height.
- Carefully cut off the marked part of the bottom of the bottle with a clerical knife.
- Using scissors, we cut out the entrance to the future house in the shape of an arch to the required size.
- Armed with matches or a lighter, we melt all the mowing line of the cut (both the bottom circumference and the passage) so that the surface is not sharp and the small inhabitant does not injure itself on its edges.
- We put the house in a cage and launch the hamster into it. Everything is very simple!
How to make a house for hamsters with your own hands
Having decided on the choice, we can start building.
Here is a step-by-step instruction for making 4 options for houses:
- made of wood;
- made of plastic (for simplicity, we use a ready-made plastic bottle);
- made of cardboard;
- coconut shell.