From an old plastic toy
Houses of this kind are rare, but in vain. If an unnecessary toy fits in a cage by its size, does not create inconvenience to the hamster and he feels comfortable in it, then this is a great option.
Depending on the thickness of the plastic, a soldering iron should be used or scissors will suffice.
The necessary tool is used to make an entrance and ventilation windows, a litter is laid on the “floor”.
From plastic containers for cereals
Often in jars for cereals, there are holes on the lids that will serve as an entrance and necessary ventilation. If they are not there, then the cover can be simply removed.
In order for the container to turn into a dwelling, it must be put on its side and the floor must be covered with a litter.
Square jars are better suited for this purpose, they are more stable.
Light toilet roll tube houses
This shelter is suitable for small hamsters. Take a toilet paper or paper towel roll and flatten it. Cut a crescent hole on both sides. Repeat the same with the other tube. Insert one blank into another, the house is ready. You will get a cruciform design that is well ventilated and non-toxic.
The hamster goes to the toilet in the house
Hamsters are very clean, but sometimes they start to use their sleeping place for needs.
- You can purchase a litter box and train your pet to it from the first days of its appearance in the house.
- Place the caged house on the tier above. The animal will intuitively go down to the toilet.
- Place the wet filler from the dwelling in another corner, thereby showing that it will be more hygienic.
Wooden hut for a rodent
A cottage made of wood turns out to be beautiful, solid, environmentally friendly. All family members can participate in its creation.
Materials: Hardwood or thick plywood, drill, jigsaw. Sandpaper, nails, hammer, or non-toxic glue.
- Draw up a project for the future house. Make two pieces of wood for the floor and ceiling, and four for the walls.
- Drill a hole in one of the walls for the entrance.
- Sand all parts including the inlet.
- Drill a couple of holes 2-3 cm in diameter in the side walls. There will be windows.
- Using nails or glue, collect all the elements of the house.
- Leave the sawn roof removable for quick cleaning.
A wooden house in the form of a box with a removable roof is easy to make. You can make a two-story cottage out of plywood by connecting the floors with a ladder.
House made of wood
- wooden board 1-4 cm thick;
- simple pencil;
- circular saw or jigsaw;
- small nails.
Two parts 12.5 cm long and two parts 14.5 cm long are cut and polished from the board.The height is taken arbitrarily, but you need to calculate so that the hamster can move freely.
In one of the blanks 12.5 cm long, a hole with a diameter of 6 cm is drilled (cut out). Several small windows are made in different walls of the house for better ventilation. All cut holes are sanded.
All parts are assembled with nails. For the roof, you can use a square wooden sheet.
ATTENTION! A cardboard box can act as a prototype for a wooden house, it is enough to take measurements from it and transfer it to the building material.
Possible problems and ways to solve them
House of two bottles
You can make the design a little more complicated from two bottles. Both containers are handled in the same way. We cut off the bottom and neck of them. We wrap the edges of the first with electrical tape. In the middle of the first bottle we make a hole in the diameter of the second one. We do this with a clerical knife. First, make a cruciform incision, then bend the edges, being careful not to pull too hard. Plastic is very fragile and can crack. Insert the scissors and cut a hole. Apply tape to the circumference.
For a tighter fit, flatten the edges of the bottle, which we will insert into the hole, and cut the upper and lower edges diagonally. We wrap the edge with electrical tape. We insert the bottle into the first one. If the edges fit tightly enough, tie the two bottles together with electrical tape.
What can you make a house for a hamster
The task of the house is to hide the kids from prying eyes. The material for manufacturing must be non-toxic, since the hamster will definitely try it “on the tooth”. The house will have to be cleaned, the animal should be comfortable in it. The animal itself will show how it feels in it, having settled in a new nest.
Craftsmen make houses from cardboard and paper. Adapted for this: coconut shell, ready-made boxes, wooden planks and slats, plywood, toilet paper rolls and even popsicle sticks.
Very simple toilet paper tube houses
It may be difficult to call this structure a dwelling in the general sense of the word, but as shelters they are suitable for animals. They are non-toxic, out of sight and well ventilated.
For homemade tube houses, not only toilet paper, but also paper towels are suitable. Take the tube and flatten it. Use scissors to cut a semicircle on each side. Do the same with the second tube. Insert one tube into the hole of the other. This cruciform structure is suitable for dwarf hamsters.
Hamster house out of the box
By the same principle as a wooden dwelling, you can make a house out of a box.
To do this, we will prepare a “pattern” of cardboard. We connect the walls with glue that is harmless to the animal, and cut out the entrance and windows with a clerical knife or scissors.
You can go a very simple way using a tissue box.
Be sure to free the box from the plastic wrap!
These boxes are convenient because they already have ready-made holes, they will serve as an entrance for the hamster. If you have a square box, you can simply cut it in two so that the cutting line goes right down the middle of the napkin cutout window. You will receive 2 identical houses for small animals. If the box is rectangular, you will have to make two cuts so that the future house has a compact size and stands firmly in the cage.
Take the cardboard tube left over from the toilet paper and insert it into the hole in the box. Attach it to the edges of the hole with glue, fix and let dry. You’ve got a house with a tunnel entrance.
Is it possible to sew a house for a hamster
Often on the forums they ask the question whether it is possible to sew a house for a pet. Breeders do not recommend using fabric for these animals. Rodents try all objects “on the tooth”. If wood or paper does not harm babies, then rags and threads that have fallen into the animal’s stomach can lead to illness or death of the pet. There were times when the animals got entangled in the fringe and suffocated. Experts advise houses made of harder or safer materials.
Paper house for a Dzungarian hamster
This temporary house will not last long. Some animals deal with him overnight. Its advantages are minimal costs and fast production. For this design you will need: toilet paper, a bowl of water and a balloon.
- inflate the balloon to the size of a large apple;
- Divide toilet paper into separate leaves and moisten with water;
- stick the sheets on the ball until about 8 layers are formed on it;
- send the structure to dry on the battery;
- pierce the ball with a needle or simply deflate;
- remove the balloon from the paper frame;
- make a hamster entrance in a paper frame.
The room will resemble a hemisphere. This house is perfect for a dwarf hamster. It is short-lived and fragile.
Shelter for animals from plastic bottles
These houses can be made for small and large hamsters. It all depends on the size of the bottle. There are many options for the design of housing, we will consider 2.
DIY hamster house
The question of how to make a house for a hamster with your own hands at home is before the owner even before buying an animal. His decision depends on the size of the animal. For the Dzungariks, the house is needed less than for the “Syrians”. You should not postpone this matter until a later date, since the animal needs shelter already in the first minutes of being in a new place. If time is tight, make a temporary shelter out of paper or cardboard.
House for a hamster made of cardboard
A cardboard house is much easier to make. The easiest solution is to adapt an ordinary box for a hamster’s dwelling by cutting a hole in it for the entrance. From the toilet paper roll, you can build an arched entrance to the house. And now the shelter for the animal is almost ready. It remains to instruct the children to paint it with watercolors or gouache, and you can prepare the fluffy tenant for moving in.
To make a house for your favorite rodent from cardboard sheets, you need to think over the design, draw a drawing and stock up on the necessary tools. For work you will need:
- a sheet of thick cardboard;
- stationery knife;
- PVA glue;
- glue brush.
On the cardboard, markings should be applied according to the drawing, not forgetting the allowances for gluing. Then, with scissors, cut out the base of the future home. Connect the edges with glue and wait until it dries completely. After the glue is dry, you can paint the house.
Note! Inside, the cardboard house can be 2-3 or three stories high. The more artificially created obstacles that the hamster is forced to overcome, the more energy he will spend. An energetic animal has a significantly lower risk of developing obesity.
Some types of hamsters, for example, Jungariks, like to live in a vine house. It will not absorb odors, is excellently ventilated and, moreover, is as close as possible to the natural conditions for a hamster.
Unfortunately, these houses are not often found on the shelves of pet stores, and they are expensive. In addition, over time, such a house can be pretty spoiled by the inhabitant of the dwelling. Some hamsters can sharpen their teeth on rods.
Hamster house. how to equip, choice of materials
Hamsters are funny animals. It is very interesting to observe their way of life, cute habits. And for some people, hamsters even become true friends. Therefore, when this funny rodent appears in the house, the first thing he needs to do is to equip a comfortable house, where he would feel like a full-fledged owner.
House from containers
Homemade hamster houses made of stacked plastic containers are very common. To make such a dwelling, you will need:
- 3 containers with lids (without handles) measuring 20 × 25 cm;
- wire or double-sided tape.
Small pet container house
Important! Before you start making a house out of containers, you need to make sure that the plastic is non-toxic and odorless.
The first step is to cut round holes in the covers (except for the topmost one). In the lower container, it is necessary to cut the entrance in the sidewall so that it closes like a door.
In order for the hamster to move along the “floors”, you need to build a ladder or adapt the sticks, securing them in such a way that the pet does not fall off. With the help of an awl and wire, it is necessary to fasten the parts of the structure together. You can use double-sided tape, but then you will need to replace it after each washing of such a house.
Note! Before placing a pet there, you should make sure that the structure is reliable.
Quilted houses made of fabric and padding polyester
Recently, houses for hamsters made of fabric and padding polyester are gaining popularity. This is a good option as it is easy to wash and dry quickly if it gets dirty. In such a home, the pet will be warm and comfortable.
Wooden house for a domestic rodent
However, wooden houses have significant drawbacks. This primarily concerns leaving. The wood is not very convenient to wash. In addition, it takes a long time to dry.
Note! Many hamster owners refuse wooden houses, arguing that wood absorbs a specific odor, which is not so easy to eliminate.
House made of plastic
However, some experienced hamster breeders note some significant disadvantages of such a hamster home. First of all, such plastic houses have poor ventilation.
HAND VS FAST SHREDDER
For your information! A rodent can accidentally swallow plastic if he wants to taste the house.
How to make a house for a hamster with your own hands
The appearance of a pet in the house is a pleasant chore. The majority of household members usually participate in organizing the life of a new family member. Why not do a business that unites the whole family and make a home for your beloved rodent with your own hands? Such an event will surely please everyone, especially children.
Having decided to assemble a house for a hamster at home, it is important to make sure that the selected material is environmentally friendly, and if the animal tries it “by the teeth”, there will be no dire consequences for its health.
If plastic is taken for construction, then it must necessarily be food grade.
The easiest way to create a home for your hamster is to use two cardboard tubes left over from toilet paper or paper towels. Both are alternately flattened, after which semicircular holes are cut into them from both sides. After straightening, one tube is inserted into the other, forming a cross. This design is placed in a cage.
Another unusual paper house can be made from toilet paper itself. Although, most likely, he will live no more than a couple of days, manufacturing is so simple and economical that you can create a structure as many times as you like to entertain your pet. In addition to toilet paper, a balloon and a basin filled with water will come in handy. First of all, the balloon is inflated to the size of a large apple. Then the paper is torn into separate pieces and soaked in water.
Each sheet is immediately glued to the ball. It is necessary to act until eight layers are formed on the structure, and it is not completely covered. Then the future house is cleaned to dry on the battery. The hardened structure must be removed from the ball, for which it is pierced with a needle or simply untied. At the end, a neat arch-shaped entrance is cut in the hemisphere.
In principle, the shape of a house under construction can be anything you like. However, there are several requirements for the design itself:
- it is important that the owner has the opportunity to get inside and clean;
- in a building for small hamsters there should not be large gaps through which they can escape;
- if the rodent, on the contrary, is large, it can get stuck in a too narrow passage, so such should also be avoided.
From plastic bottles
To create a plastic structure, you will need a one and a half liter bottle, a clerical knife, a marker, scissors and a lighter, which, if not available, can be easily replaced with matches. The required height of the house is measured from the bottom of the container and marked with a marker with a solid line along the entire circumference. With the help of a clerical knife, this part is cut off, and the edges are melted under the action of a lighter.
Further, an arch-shaped passage is cut out in the house, the edges of which are also processed with fire.
If you ignore this step, then the animal may be injured on a sharp surface. The finished house is placed inside the cage.
There is a variation of making a more complex design from three or four five-liter bottles. Its drawing is best studied on the Internet, but the main point of design is that the bottles are connected, inserted into one another, forming tunnels. In one of the containers a bedroom is made, in the second the feeding process is organized, in the third the hamster can go to the toilet, and in the fourth, if there is one, to have fun on the wheel. Between themselves, the components of the house are additionally strengthened with glue and tape.
Another plastic housing for a rodent is a structure made from an ordinary container in which useful little things are stored. The size of the box used should be large enough so that the hamster does not feel uncomfortable when inside. For example, it can be a container with dimensions of 640x460x300 millimeters.
For manufacturing, a felt-tip pen and a ruler, a construction grid, a pencil and a knife, a lighter or matches, as well as plastic clamps are also useful. A hole is cut in the lid with a heated knife blade, which is then tightened with a mesh secured with clamps. Holes for the latter are again created with a red-hot knife.
How and from what to make a house for a hamster with your own hands?
When purchasing a hamster, in any case, you will also have to think over a home for it. an ordinary cage or a full-fledged house. The second, by the way, it is quite possible to make it yourself and thereby get a multifunctional structure, spending a minimum of money. There are also variations of small houses, which are simply placed inside the cage and are used to a greater extent for the game.
Of course, what size a homemade house will be is determined depending on what size the rodent itself is, and what functions the structure should perform. Alternatively, a wooden house for a small hamster requires side walls measuring 10 by 10 centimeters, and the front and back should be at least 15 by 10 centimeters. For the top, a piece of wood is taken with sides of 17×12 centimeters.
Having obtained a ready-made plywood parcel box, you can transform it into a hamster house. An inlet is drilled or cut on the side of the structure. If desired, you can cut through several windows. Such a house should be painted with colorless paint for an attractive appearance.
Option 3. out of a box of paper napkins
It is very easy, you can even say that almost free, you can bring considerable pleasure to your rodent by creating a house for him from a box for paper napkins.
- of course, the box itself;
- one or more rolls of toilet paper, as in the previous case;
- regular PVA glue or any other that is suitable for paper.
So, what stages does the manufacture of a structure consist of:
- First of all, take the box, which will actually serve as a home, and clean it of film and plastic. Particularly important is the place through which the napkins are taken out. The box can be used of any size and dimensions, the main thing is that it is not very small, if it is in the shape of a square, then this is the most optimal option.
- The box is cut in such a way that, as a result, a house with a semicircular entrance is obtained, for more details see the photo.
- Next, the cardboard tube that you prepared in advance is cut to the required size and inserted into the entrance of the house. She will play the role of such a labyrinth for a hamster. You can take several pipes to make the maze more confusing, but if you already have a small cage, then one pipe can be limited.
- Now, with the help of glue, you need to lubricate the end of the semicircular entrance, after which a tube is applied to it.
- The resulting connection must be fixed until the glue is completely dry.
Sorry, there are currently no polls available.
In general, all stages have been completed at this point. If you wish, you can make two similar houses and connect them with a tube. To do this, the holes must be equipped at the same level in both boxes.
How to provide a hamster with housing. we make a house for a fluffy pet ourselves!
Every pet rodent owner wants his pet to live with convenience and comfort. In such cases, a do-it-yourself hamster house can be built at home. How to do this and what should be the house for a hamster? Several methods of constructing a structure are presented in this article.
Crushing My Own Hand In a Hydraulic Press—Crazy Experiment on My Brain
Ideas on how to make a comfortable hamster house
Option 3. out of a box of paper napkins
Ideas on how to make a comfortable hamster house
In fact, there are many options for the production of such houses, but we will pay attention only to the most popular and demanded types. So how to make a hamster house at home? The most common methods are presented below.
Option 2. made of cardboard
Another option is a house made of cardboard, in particular, from tubes for rolls of toilet paper or paper towels. In addition to cardboard tubes, you also need scissors.
- To begin with, one tube is taken, it is carefully flattened in such a way as shown in the photo in the gallery.
- A semicircle is cut out in the middle of the cardboard on both sides, again, pay attention to the photo.
- The folded tube unfolds. The same steps are repeated with the other tube or tubes.
- The resulting blanks must be inserted into one another, in particular, into the cut holes.
So you can get yourself a very easy-to-make house for a rodent, made in the form of a maze. Please note that hamsters like these rolls very much, many animals get great pleasure from walking on such pipes.
Option 1. from plastic bottles
What needs to be prepared in advance for the production of a house from plastic bottles:
- three or six five-liter water bottles;
- sharpened stationery knife;
- wide tape;
- four to five regular liter plastic bottles.
In general, the manufacturing procedure for such a structure includes several steps:
- development of a drawing or diagram;
- preparation of all necessary components;
- assembly of materials directly.
In this case, the most difficult stage is the development of the drawing.
It should be noted that everything here depends solely on your imagination, but we will advise you to adhere to several recommendations:
- the rodent house must have a modular system, for one module you will need three five-liter eggplants;
- during production, it is necessary to resolve the issue with tiers in advance, for example, if the area is small, then it is better to make the superstructures in height;
- Consider additionally a place for non-essential components such as a wheel, a place for troughs and drinkers, and a possible place for the hamster to sleep.
After that, let’s move on to slicing all the elements:
- It is necessary to cut off the necks from two large eggplants (five-liter), from the remaining third. both the neck and the bottom.
- Using the last canister, make a rectangular hole in the middle. It must be large enough so that a hand can fit into it without problems.
- In the event that the modules of your future design will be located in length, then in one of the bottoms it is necessary to cut a hole of such a size so that the rodent can freely climb into it.
- The rest of the modules are constructed in the same way.
If your house is made in the form of tiers, then you will also need an additional ladder, which you can build with your own hands from the remaining scraps. All additional components should be made from 1 liter bottles. You shouldn’t have any problems with feeders and drinkers either, they do it very simply. As for the wheel, things are a little more complicated here, in particular, you need to cut two plastic strips along the entire length of the bottle, and then solder them together.
All structural modules are attached using wide stationery tape.
Option 4. from a plastic container
We make a house for a rodent with our own hands from a plastic container:
- Since the container is plastic, you will most likely not be able to use a utility knife to cut out the entrance to the house. Most likely, the blade will just break. Therefore, if the plastic is really thick, then you will need to use a soldering iron. If not, then still use a knife. The soldering iron needs to be heated to almost maximum, after which a hole should be cut to enter the future house.
- Then, using the same soldering iron, on the lid and generally around the entire perimeter of the structure, you should make holes for ventilation. It is necessary that there is always fresh air inside, so there should be enough holes.
- In general, this completes the procedure for creating a house from a plastic container. The final stage will be the filling of sawdust inside, which will act as bedding in the new dwelling.
If you wish, keep in mind that the house can be made two-story, so you can purchase a second container in advance for this purpose. In this case, an entrance to the second floor is cut out on the roof of the container on the first tier using the same soldering iron, and on the second floor. a corresponding hole, only at the bottom.
Support the project. share the link, thanks!
What can be made of glass
While it is possible to purchase several aluminum profiles and find a car tire, using a regular aquarium is more appropriate. The final cost will turn out to be almost the same.
- clean the glass from plaque with any window cleaner:
- lay straw or any other bedding;
- attach a running wheel to one of the walls;
- install a feeder.
Such a home for a hamster with your own hands will be both inexpensive and practical, and much more attractive than a cage made of twigs. If desired, the aquarium is additionally equipped with ladders and tiers of wooden planks or plywood.
What can be made of plastic
A bottle house for a hamster will be an original gift for a child who is interested in the topic of fantasy and the exploration of the vastness of the universe. For work you will need:
- 3 or 6 five-liter canisters;
- boat or sharp knife;
- wide tape;
- 4-5 liter bottles.
The creation process can be divided into several stages:
- preparation of parts;
The hardest part about a plastic hamster house is designing a blueprint. Although this is a matter of fantasy, there are a few guidelines.
- immediately develop the future house as a modular system, for each module you will need 3 five-liter canisters;
- solve the issue with tiers, for small areas it is better to make superstructures in height, for large ones. in length;
- consider additional elements: wheel, separate sections for sleeping, feed and water.
- from two canisters in the widest part we cut off the necks so, from the third canister we cut off both the bottom and the neck;
- in the middle of the third canister we make a wide rectangular hole, a hand should climb into it without any problems;
- if the modules are located in length, cut a small hole in one of the bottoms, so that an adult hamster can crawl into it;
- we make the next module in the same way.
If you install a tiered system, you will need a ladder. It is made from canister scraps. All additional elements are cut from liter bottles. The bed and feeder can be just circles 15-25 cm wide. The wheel is made a little more complicated. It is necessary to cut two strips of plastic along the length of the bottle and solder them together.
A do-it-yourself hamster house is assembled with tape. The finished product turns out to be truly original.
How to make a house for a hamster with your own hands
Hamsters are quite cute and friendly animals. Although they are quite domestic, it is not recommended to release the animals into the open space. over, not only when there is a cat in the apartment. The hamster can get lost, chew on furniture, or become a victim of its own curiosity by accidentally jumping down the toilet. Let’s talk about how to equip this pet’s home.
Variety of options
In general terms, there are three directions for the development of fantasy:
Plastic is well suited in cases where you need to create some kind of space or futuristic design. Wood is a versatile material. With its help, you can embody any idea. Glass is considered the easiest to work with. But it will be difficult to create something really unique with it.
How to make a wooden hamster house
First you need to decide how much time you are willing to spend on creating a work of art. If there are no skills, no tools, no desire to bother:
- take a sheet of plywood;
- cut it into 5 parts, so that you get a box without a top, the recommended height is 20 cm;
- if you want to diversify the design, add another 20 cm in height and install ladders and shelves.
For a more complex option, you will need a drawing:
- choose a style, Romanesque, Gothic, Country, Greek or Egyptian;
- consider the internal filling, based on this, select the dimensions;
- draw several decoration options.
A house for a hamster, made in the form of a fence, behind which a real villa will be located, will look quite impressive. If you wish, you can create a whole mansion with separate rooms and furniture. There are really many options.
It is best to work with plywood, it does not require a lot of power tools. The tree will be more beautiful and more durable.
After sketching and assembling the wireframe, there are a few more things to do:
- treat wood with an antiseptic;
- prime the surface;
- cover it with stain;
- spill if necessary.
This complex of protection will make the house durable. A coat of varnish will make cleaning easier. Now decide what is right for you and go ahead for the tools.