Simple shoes without complicated cut
If you urgently need to sew protective shoes for dogs of large breeds with your own hands, this option is ideal (the dog cut his paw, but there is no “rescue” shoe). Such shoes are not very suitable for long wearing. For small dogs and pets with lean, lean paws, a few extra stitches are required. The material needs soft, elastic and waterproof. The sole can be reinforced by sewing on a piece of thick, non-slip fabric on the outside.
So, the inner oval or circle is equal to the outlines of the foot (you need to measure the length and width). Line CD. Desired Boot Height.
- cut out a circle / oval from the fabric, as it turned out by the measurements and a couple of cm for the hem on top;
- we put the dog’s paw in the center, right on the fabric;
- lift the fabric up, covering the foot and metacarpus (as if packing a flower pot);
- we make several tucks with pins, collecting excess fabric into darts (all unnecessary. outside the boot). Please note that the boot must be worn freely, i.e. it is not necessary to tighten the width too much with darts;
- inside, you can sew a dense felt insole or sew on the sole from the outside. You can leave the boot soft, but the fabric should be waterproof;
- we sew along the line of the darts, cut off the excess protruding fabric;
- tuck the top and skip the rubber band or cord on the retainer. We do the same tightening around the pastern, just above the foot.
Comfortable two-piece boots
This shoe pattern for small dogs is suitable both as a base for winter boots and for sewing light raincoats or anthers. Boots sit comfortably enough on the paw if the fabric is dense and keeps its shape. The insole and / or sole can be reinforced at your discretion. with dense leather, a piece of tanned leather, felt or left soft. Lightweight boots for protection from moisture and dust are sewn in literally half an hour, winter boots made of fur or leather take a little longer. you will need an awl to make punctures, and strong threads.
- draw the sole by the measurements of the foot plus seam allowances;
- draw a trapezoid, the height of which is equal to the height of the boot, and the width is equal to the girth of the pastern. At the bottom of the trapezoid there is a wave, as in the figure. Its rise will be at the back, on the heel (the narrowest point of the trapezoid is the back of the boot), and the sharp angle will be on the toe of the boot. We are looking for the wave shape approximately. it is convenient to cover the foot with paper or an unnecessary piece of fabric, estimate the bends and mark them with chalk / felt-tip pen. And then from the “draft” transfer the pattern to the fabric.
- we process the top (in the photo there is a checkered decorative edging along the top, but it is better to put in an additional loose elastic band);
- fold the trapezoid in half, try on the sole. The seam that connects the sides of the trapezoid must match the toe of the boot, i.e. bump into it. The fold will turn out in the back, behind the heel. Sew on the part to the sole;
- now we sew the trapezoid along the lines (orange in the picture). The back turns out to be vertical, and the front part is slightly beveled due to the inclination of the sides of the trapezoid. If there is a lot of excess fabric, you can make a dart in front just above the foot (see number 1 in the photo). Around the metacarpus, just above the joint, skip a lace or Velcro tape (number 2 in the photo).
Boots with tongues
Part 1. the side of the boot, you need two for one boot (or four if you want to insert a lining of fleece or other warm material). The tongue is approximately equal in length to detail 1, i.e. the height of the boot. The sole is along the contour of the foot (detail 3). Detail 4 covers the toe and, together with the tongue, forms the front of the boot (you can see how the sneakers are sewn. it will become clearer). To sew comfortable shoes for small breed dogs with your own hands according to the pattern below, you will have to make several trial fittings. Use paper or unwanted fabric for rough fittings.
- Sew together the heels of the sidewalls and sew along the oval to the sole, starting from the back of the boot. While we sew to the middle of the sole;
- we sew the tongue and toe;
- sew the toe to the front of the sole;
- we sew the sides to the end, connect them to the toe. The tongue remains free, the side parts do not need to be sewn along the tongue to the very top, otherwise it will be difficult to pull the boot over the paw;
- it remains to pass a lace or Velcro tape around the pastern. If the boots are high, you need an extra elastic band or another drawstring on top. If you are sewing shoes for a large dog, you can insert a strip of fabric between the side parts and the sole, the width of which corresponds to the height of the foot from the floor to the beginning of the joint (see the following pattern, this strip is used there).
We make shoes for a dog with our own hands. patterns and explanations for them
Before proceeding with cutting and sewing, let’s remember the important nuances:
- it is clear that since the dog has four paws, it should also have four boots. But shoes should be sewn in pairs: the hind and front legs differ in the size of the feet, the rise, the distance from the foot to the joint. You need to measure two legs. front and back separately;
- the shoes should not slip, so the material for the outer part of the sole should be rough. You can sew a Velcro strip to the sole, but it will collect dust and fine debris;
- shoes in no case should be tight, so you need to sew with a small margin for the movement of the paw back and forth when walking. Consider the length of the claws and the fact that the toes spread out and protrude forward when the dog rests on the foot with all its weight. To make the pattern of shoes for dogs accurate, measure the paw in a rack. the pet rests completely on the limb, does not squat when measuring the forefoot and does not lean forward when you touch the hind paw;
- something tightening is more convenient as a fastener, rather than a zipper or buttons. It is important that the fastener (elastic band, Velcro, braid on the retainer) does not squeeze the limb and does not interfere with the bending of the joints when walking. Poor circulation in the paws quickly leads to hypothermia! In addition, the dog will probably try to take off such a boot;
- so that the boots do not chafe, it is better to make the seams outside. Especially if it is a winter model made of dense tanned fabric, fur, dense leather. Rough outer seams can be hidden under tape, piping or decorative overlock.
When walking, dogs lean on their toes, and not on the entire foot, like a person. For them, the comfort of the shoe is extremely important. the changed position of the paws quickly leads to chronic diseases of the joints. Therefore, first of all, always think about comfort, and only then about beauty. A dog in shoes should walk the same way as without them. stepping confidently, not seeding. The boots will have to be redone if the pet’s paws move to the sides, the shoes fall off, the sole is clearly not under the foot, the socks look anywhere but forward.
Comfortable boots for any weather
If you sew from dense leather with a lining, you get warm winter boots with a high shaft. But the pattern is also suitable for sewing nylon raincoats.
Compare the picture with the photo below. it will become clearer what’s what. Detail 1. sole with a slightly cut heel (the heel is not rounded, but almost straight). Detail 2. the top of the boot, covering the foot to the beginning of the metacarpus (to the point where the bootleg begins, i.e. the top completely). Detail 3 gives additional space inside the boot. its width is equal to the height of the foot from the floor to the joint, and its length is equal to the circumference of the sole. Cylinder-folded part 4. bootleg (height is at your discretion, but low boots hold worse).
- we sew a strip (detail 3 in the figure and in the photo) to the sole (1), in a circle;
- sew the upper part of the boot (2) to the strip in front, not completely;
- the bootleg (part 4) remains open, not stitched. Sew the bottom of the bootleg (back fold) to the strip behind the heel and to the top of the boot in front. The edges of the bootleg remain free, open. so it is more convenient to put on and take off your shoes. To prevent the legs from getting wet and cold, on one side of the bootleg you need to sew a shelf (5 in the figure). a strip of fabric, as if under a zipper on trousers.
- we try on the boot and find a place just above the joint, just above the foot. Here you need to sew a pair of drawstrings (loops of fabric strips) to the bootleg, through which the Velcro tape will pass. We simply wrap the tape around the pastern and tighten it a little (so that the boot does not fall off, but also does not squeeze the paw). If you make two rows of Velcro, the dog will gladly slap in the mud, not noticing the bad weather: such shoes do not slip, do not twist and do not change their paws.
Before sewing shoes for your dog, always check to see if there is enough detail to prevent the shoes from getting tight. Especially if the pet is small, but there are several details: offhand it seems that the seams will “eat up” a maximum of a centimeter of area, but for a small paw the lack of even a centimeter is already a lot. If the fabric is dense, leave the seams on the outside. this will make the paws more comfortable, and the dog will get used to the new thing faster. Plus, coarse seams won’t ruin the coat.
High boots can be attached directly to the inner leg of the jumpsuit. To do this, you need to divide the buttons or Velcro into two halves. sew one part to the boots, and hide the other inside the legs.
Warmth, cosiness and comfort
If you don’t like sewing, you can knit dog shoes for something like booties or socks. It is convenient for dogs in such shoes. the paw is completely on the ground, nothing constrains the movements of the fingers, the fasteners do not press on the joints. Knitted “slippers” will not let the paws of the crumbs freeze after a bath, when it is already cold outside the window, and the heating has not yet been turned on.
Unfortunately, such shoes are impractical. they quickly collect dust, wear out and stretch. If the claws are not filed, the claw will pierce the boot and stick out, and this interferes with walking (the boot will either fall off or twist). There is nothing to say about a walk in dampness, but in winter the paws get wet. the snow melts from the touch of the paw pads, moisture is absorbed into the threads, freezes and forms a cold crust. To extend the lifespan of a cozy beauty, it is not difficult to retrofit shoes in one of the following ways:
- sew on a dense insole from the inside (felt, two layers of fleece, etc.);
- make the sole of a coarse waterproof fabric, and knit the part with knitting needles, typing loops along the edge of the sole and up, in a column;
- Reinforce the toe of the knitted shoe with a strip of leather or nylon so that the claws rest against the dense material.
Do-it-yourself shoes for dogs are easy if you know how to knit socks or booties (they are more comfortable, as they sit on the leg not tightly, but like a boot). You can work with a crochet or knitting needles, as you are used to. The loops should not be airy (they will stretch quickly), and the threads should be strong and rather coarse (but not prickly). From fine yarn or delicate mohair, it is better to knit a jumpsuit or sweater in the color of the shoes. For long-haired dogs, if it is important to preserve the ideal quality of the coat, knitted shoes are not suitable. woolen threads electrify and rub the coat. Although, if you wish, you can sew a silk lining inside the shoe.
What are the steps for dogs
Dog steps help make life easier for small pets in a large space at home. Breeds such as Pomeranians, Brabancons, Pekingese, Pinschers, Dachshunds, Terriers, Chihuahuas or Yorkies experience discomfort when moving around the room, jumping onto a bed, chair or sofa. Miniature and funny Yorkies are very mobile and hardy, they can always frolic.
The only problem for them is height. It takes a lot of effort to climb any surface that is more than half a meter high, without assistance. High jumps of a tireless fighter are not always successful, most often they end up with a fracture, dislocation or sprain.
While waiting for offspring, the dog significantly increases in body volume, when waiting for two puppies, the weight becomes 2 times more than usual, and jumping can lead to the death of unborn puppies or complications and severe surgical interventions in the pet’s body.
In order to protect your beloved pets from injury, there are 2 types of ladders: small and large.
For dogs weighing about 2 kg or less, special steps are suitable for which the step height is 11 cm.
There are many types of stairs, consider the main ones:
- The frame of the structure of the 3-stage ladder consists of an integral wear-resistant foam rubber piece with fine porosity. A removable cover is put on over the frame, which can be easily machine washed. Completely made of velor, denim or other dense fabric, as well as additional inserts have an anti-slip effect that guarantees the safety of the pet in all conditions.
- The frame is made of natural plastic or wood, anti-slip pads made of dense material are fixed on the steps. The number of steps depends on the required height and parameters of the dog: its weight and height.
- Folding frame made of natural plastic, wood or metal with anti-slip inlays on each step. This ladder is convenient for transportation and storage.
How to make dog steps?
How to make dog steps? This question is of interest to many pet owners. For representatives of small breeds of dogs, pregnant and aging pets who have difficulties in independent movement, it is necessary to purchase additional steps or make them yourself.
How to make dog steps
How to make a wooden dog ladder yourself? First of all, you need to reproduce the project on paper and make all the necessary calculations for the parameters of the stairs. This is required so that movement on it is convenient for the dog.
The parameters of the stairs, which must be the same on each span:
- step height;
- step width;
It is important to remember that the height of a step is directly proportional to its width, that is, the greater the height, the greater the width. The joining of steps to each other must be done at an angle of 90 °.
The choice of material affects the cost and duration of operation. Wooden structures are easy to handle at home and do not require much maintenance.
Most often, conifers are used for such products, they are quite economical. But there are also those who choose expensive materials for their beloved pet, such as oak. Its feature is a high level of strength and an unsurpassed fiber structure.
Anti-slip pads can be made of any durable material, the most common is velor, it blends beautifully with wood, soft and pleasant to the touch.
Additional materials and equipment will require:
- stainless steel screws;
- an electric screwdriver or Phillips screwdrivers;
- glue for wood products;
- hot glue in a gun;
- jigsaw or hacksaw for wood;
- sheets of sandpaper or a sander;
- building level;
- centimeter tape or tape measure;
- impregnation for wood on a natural basis.
- Cut out the elements of the stairs, according to the plan.
- Connect each flight of stairs separately, without side element, using screws.
- Fold the steps on top of each other in turn, observing an angle of 90 °, having previously coated the connecting lines with glue on wood.
- Attach the side panels with screws.
- Paint over the product with impregnation 3 times.
- Glue velor pads on each step, including the top, using hot glue in the gun.
This video talks about the dog ladder:
A variant of a staircase made of flat rectangular parts (cast independently or purchased) requires the preparation of a frame of a different design:
- The jibs are connected with a transverse beam, which will serve as a support for each step. Installation is carried out in accordance with the calculations of the height of the steps, taking into account the thickness of the flooring.
- To fix the edges of each concrete tread, a corner is welded to the kosoura, placing it across the support and drawing the horizontal line along the level. Then they put the same corners along the length of the steps, forming a frame.
Rectangular tightening is placed on a support from the corners.
How to make concrete steps (treads) for stairs with your own hands
Entrance groups and interiors in a multi-level building are hard to imagine without flights of stairs, along which residents go down and go up to rooms located above ground level.
It is possible to make steps for stairs (concrete and concrete goods) independently, but when performing this task, you should pay attention to the requirements of GOST for the material for casting. When making a composition according to a proven recipe and competently pouring, the steps will turn out to be reliable enough to serve for several decades.
Build your own INSANE Dog Stairs!!!
What concrete is needed?
For the manufacture of steps of various types, treads and monolithic stairs, concrete of a grade not lower than B15 is used.
To make it you will need:
- 1 part of cement grade M400-500 (according to the new marking CEM I-CEM II 32.5-42.5);
- 3 parts seeded fine sand;
- 4 parts of crushed stone from dense rocks with a fraction of 2-4 cm.
The amount of water for preparing the mixture is approximately ½ part, if necessary, the liquid can be added in small portions when mixing concrete. Excessive amount of water reduces the strength of the monolith.
Features of a concrete staircase. advantages and disadvantages
The main advantage of concrete structures is strength and long service life. Artificial stone does not deteriorate from contact with water, and its strength is not affected by decay or corrosion processes.
In addition, the material has other advantages:
- availability of both ready-made concrete and its constituents;
- simple ways to build staircase structures;
- the ability to manufacture marches of any shape (straight, curved, with semicircular steps, etc.);
- fire safety;
- environmental friendliness.
The strength of concrete stairs is closely related to the weight of the structure. Under a street porch of a monolithic type, a foundation laying is required.
Supported structures will require the use of a metal frame made of beams that can support the total weight of the overhead stair treads and several people climbing them. These components add up the cost of the structure, which, as a result, will be higher than for a wooden structure. In addition to basic materials, finishing will also be required.
The main need to use coatings on outdoor stairs is to give the steps anti-slip properties. To do this, use cladding, linings or immediately make steps with a ribbed surface.
Another function of outdoor cladding is to protect concrete from water penetration into the body of the stone. Moisture-impregnated concrete in severe frost can gradually collapse. Internal marches are lined only for decorative purposes.
Types and designs of concrete steps
The varieties into which concrete steps are subdivided differ in the composition of the material:
- unreinforced monolithic. cast entirely from a mixture of cement and fillers;
- reinforced concrete, reinforced. contain metal reinforcement inside the monolithic body, which gives the stone increased strength;
- fiber-reinforced concrete. strong synthetic fibers are included in the composition of the material for castings, which reduce the risk of cracks and give the product elasticity;
- with the addition of plasticizers to the concrete mixture, which increase water resistance and strength.
There are concrete steps and more complex structures:
- with top frieze (LSV);
- with a lower fascia part (LSN);
- for docking with the platform (LSP).
Products of this type are also suitable for prefabricated block type stairs. Hollow blocks are used only for making the base of the steps, and the treads will have to be laid separately. This type of construction is distinguished by less weight (compared to a monolithic structure). For DIY manufacturing, a monolithic type is also available.
Casting can be done in 2 ways:
- a low porch is often made solid, with the support of the entire body on the foundation;
- large stairs can be made on a stringer, based only on the lower and upper edges.
Installation of overhead steps
Installation on a concrete monolithic or block base is carried out as follows:
- According to the building level, the horizontal of the base of the step is determined. If there are deviations, the defect is eliminated.
- A cement-sand mortar is applied to the base part, leveled over the surface.
- Lay the overhead element, leaving, if necessary, an extension above the riser.
If you need to attach a vertical part, installation is carried out on the same solution before installing the horizontal part.
Overhead steps provide both decorative and anti-slip functions.
Before making concrete steps, you should take care of the manufacture of the formwork. Its construction is especially difficult for a monolithic structure: you will have to build side walls from boards and plywood to the height of the upper platform, and before that you will also have to make the foundation for the street porch.
If the span is supported only on the upper and lower ends, it will be necessary to install a stringer-stringer from a channel or I-beam. Under the lower ends, you will also need to dig holes, deepening them into the ground by 50-80 cm.
After installing the bowstring, the metal base is fixed in the soil with concrete pouring or backing up the foundation pit, and the upper edge is welded to the embedded beams in the wall. In this case, the formwork is built so as to close not only the side, but also the lower part of the structure, which will hang above the ground. There should be no gaps in the inclined plane.
The steps begin to form from the very bottom element:
- A plank is placed across the formwork made for the sides, the height of which is slightly higher than the height of the future step. When filling out the form, the side of the board will remain, since the layer of concrete will be equal to the height of the step.
- Pour the mortar into the prepared part of the formwork, leveling its horizontality in the tread area according to the building level. If reinforcement is performed, pre-cut pieces of mesh will interfere with a 5 cm layer of concrete: pour a little mortar, level, reinforce and fill the formwork.
- Allow the casting to set (1-2 hours). Install a transverse board for concreting the next tier of the staircase and repeat the pouring process.
- Moving up the stringer or the lower levels of the span, the entire porch is gradually flooded. The upper platform is aligned horizontally.
- Concrete gains strength for about 3 weeks. Before the expiration of this period after the mortar has set (24 hours), it is recommended to water the surface of the stairs well with clean water every day. It is undesirable to walk on the structure at this time.
The way how to make a concrete step curved along the front edge does not differ from pouring straight lines. For formwork, in this case, a plywood sheet is used, which is bent along the desired contour and fixed with spacers.
Calculation of the size of the steps
The size of the steps (height, width of the tread) is determined individually, if the casting of the elements of the prefabricated structure will be done by hand. At the same time, the thickness of the slabs depends on the structure of the frame, but should not be less than 5 cm.
For precast concrete products of industrial production, these indicators are standard:
- width. 26-29 cm;
- height. 16-17 cm.
When choosing the parameters of the steps, take into account that low and wide steps make it easier to climb. According to SNiP, the width of the tread should not be less than the average length of the foot of an adult (27-29 cm).
How to make clothes for dogs with your own hands?
Before adopting a dog, be sure to think about whether you are ready to provide it with proper care. This applies not only to food, walks and visits to the veterinarian, but also to the purchase of special clothing. Indeed, in the modern world, it is considered an indispensable element of keeping a dog. However, even with minimal abilities in sewing or knitting, you can make such clothes with your own hands.
How to take measurements and choose the right material?
The choice of material depends on what kind of weather you are going to make clothes for. For example, for walking, it is very important to choose fabrics that are easy to clean and wash. Due to this, its service life will be significantly longer.
For the fall season, it is better to look at a single layer material that will protect the wool from slush and dirt. This is especially true for dogs with long hair or dwarf.
In the winter season, the task of clothing is somewhat different. Therefore, it must necessarily have insulation. For example, synthetic winterizer, synthetic winterizer or fleece. Such products are in demand among owners of small and smooth-haired dogs.
In general, it is believed that it is better to choose cotton from natural fabrics, and from artificial microfiber, polyester and viscose. Satin and silk are suitable as a lining, as they do not allow wool to tangle.
As for the measurements, in fact it is not difficult to do this. The main thing is that the animal is in a standing position and only on a flat surface. Also, for sewing products, you may need different measurements, so pay attention to the photo.
The meaning of all measurements that are shown in the picture:
- Back length is the distance from the withers to the base of the tail.
- The girth of the neck suggests that you need to measure at the widest point on the neck. This can be done simply by measuring the collar.
- Chest circumference is also measured at its widest point.
- Waist circumference.
- Belly length for bitches.
- Chest width (distance between the bases of the humerus).
- The length of the forelegs is measured exclusively from the base.
- The length of the hind legs should be measured according to the same principle.
- Belly length for males.
- The distance between the ears for sewing headgear.
- Head circumference.
- Girth of the muzzle.
Knitted clothes for dogs
Beautiful and functional clothes for a dog can not only be sewn, but also knitted with your own hands. It will be a little more difficult to do this, but the result is worth it.
Experts recommend using knitted clothes in the fall season, and in the winter season, just put them on under a windproof overalls. Also pay attention to the quality of the threads, as they should protect from the cold and not interfere with the absorption of sweat. It is very important for your dog’s health and comfort.
There are many different varieties of knitted clothes for dogs. We have selected several ideas for you, among which you can find something suitable for your pet.
Patterns of clothes for dogs
Almost every piece needs its own pattern. Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out the details, so we offer a more versatile version of a jumpsuit with a. The main thing to do is to adapt it to the parameters of your dog.
For those who are trying to sew something with their own hands for the first time and are worried that they will not be able to calculate the correct size of the pattern, we suggest using the simplest pattern. To do this, you need to take the following measurements from your dog:
- back length;
- chest girth.
Divide the back length by ten to get the side of the square. Use this to create your own pattern. It is better to do it on a piece of paper and first draw a grid. Only then proceed to drawing dots. Please note that the back should be in two pieces and the fabric for the belly should be one piece.
The following patterns are great for small dog breeds such as Chihuahua, Yorkshire Terrier and others.
DIY clothes for small dogs
Sewing clothes for small dogs can be a little tricky as there will be small details. But nevertheless, if everything is done correctly, the result will be worthwhile.
Despite the fact that dachshunds are hunting dogs, they definitely need clothes. Especially in cold and rainy weather, the lower torso freezes very quickly. Therefore, the blanket is an ideal option that does not hinder movement. Even if your dog is not accustomed to clothes, putting on this product will be very simple and quick.
To create a cute jumpsuit for your dog, find the right quality material and have your measurements ready. These clothes are best for cool weather.
Note that the pattern has four pieces. Their sizes will depend on the measurements of your terrier. Therefore, shoot them correctly. It is also worth noting that the jumpsuit has a zipper on the back. This option is great for this breed, as dogs are often very playful and sometimes even capricious.
The cute, playful Chihuahua dogs especially need the right clothing for the fall / winter season. Therefore, for this breed, it is better to make several options. One of the most necessary will be a warmed overalls. If you wish, you can even make a model with a hood. Thanks to this, the dog will be able to walk longer and will be protected from gusts of wind.
The subtleties of creating clothes for dogs
When choosing a non-elastic material for sewing, be sure to add a few centimeters on each side of the garment. This is necessary so that the clothes do not hinder movement, especially in the throat and chest.
Also, it is better to place various fasteners and Velcro on the back. This is necessary not only for the dog, but also for you, as the dressing process will be much easier and more comfortable. In addition, if your pet is long-haired, then make sure that the fasteners do not cling. If desired, you can sew on buttons or baby liposki.
Of course, the process of sewing clothes for a dog is very laborious. But at the same time, thanks to this, you can significantly save and buy another toy for your pet.
So, the measurements are made, the pattern is ready and transferred to the material from which you have already cut out the necessary flaps. Baste seams on them to roughly see what should be the final result. We sew cuffs, a neckline, we connect the details on the tummy. Winter overalls for dogs of small, medium and large breeds are fixed on the back with Velcro or zipper.
Tip: If you knit clothes, you can immediately make a single piece without seams. To do this, we knit first the upper part, then move along the rows below.
Do not forget to leave more material in stock, so that you can safely make seams later. After all, it’s always better to remove the excess than to sew, isn’t it?!
Let’s continue our master class. After you have swept away the future product, you should try it on for your pet. If you notice that the product on large and medium-sized pets is short in length, then you can cut it along the belt and at the end insert a ribbon or strap that will decorate the clothes. If the basting is too large, then you can slightly pick it up with an elastic band. You can also make grooves, but this is not always the best option, since in these places, with active movements, the dog can accidentally tear the seam.
Details that are required for sewing the product
When getting acquainted with the sewing technique, it is better to practice first on the fabric that you do not mind. Then it is already possible to transfer accurate measurements to the good material used.
When examining the basting on a pet, you must finally make sure where to remove and where to insert fabric. On the seams, you can subsequently sew (or tie) special ribbons (edging). Well, if there is material left, then you can decorate the product with s.
On the bottom of the cuffs on pants and sleeves, turn-ups should be made, into which an elastic band or lace must be inserted. This will make it easier to adjust the size of the product. For decoration, you can knit ruffles, different edging and stripes. In addition, some owners of large, small and medium-sized dogs decide to knit hats for their pets! The video tells in detail and interestingly about clothes for four-legged.
The finishing touch to our workshop will be a zip or Velcro patch on the back. It is better not to use buttons and ties, since in this case holes are formed through which cold air will enter. For convenience and to prevent wool from getting into the zipper, you can sew or knit a bar under it.
Taking measurements from the dog
We measure the distance from the middle of the neck to the base of the tail, which we subsequently divide into eight parts to find out the length of the cage in the pattern.
This must be done before you start preparing your sewing pattern. The main parameter will be the distance from the collar to the beginning of the tail. It must be divided by eight. The resulting number will be equal to the size of one square on the pattern sheet. We knit products not according to the pattern, but according to the measurements of volumes.
Next, you need to measure the volume of the neck, paws (front and back), as well as the chest in its widest part. over, all these actions are suitable for both small and large and medium-sized dogs. In order to make clothes without jewelry accuracy in measurements, it is enough to take such a standard pattern, which will become the basis for a comfortable and slightly loose jumpsuit. If you decide to knit clothes, you can use your individual experience in measurements. We knit the product the way we are used to working with knitting needles and threads.
Cooking a pattern
So, let’s start our master class on making a standard overalls for a dog of any breed of small or medium size. To begin with, we will prepare a pattern on paper, which we will subsequently use to transfer measurements to fabric. In fact, sewing a jumpsuit for dogs with your own hands is not so difficult. Well, if we knit, then we should get pleasure from the process.!
The standard sewing pattern for a warm overalls looks the same for small, medium and large breeds. Its description is easy to find on the Internet, you can build it on a computer or do it manually. If you prefer the second option, then for this you need to take a sheet of paper or graph paper and draw squares of the same size on it. Later, using this pattern, you will adjust the size of the jumpsuit to suit your pet.
The standard pattern includes the following values: ZK. back length, AB = BG. distance between paws, ZZh. tail, KD. neck, FM, BN. hind legs, GL, DI. front paws.
Tip: you do not need to sew clothes that completely fit the body of the animal. Whatever you sew or decide to knit, it is better to make the clothes free, not restricting movement. The pants should be long enough, but not dragged along the ground. It is better to complete the cuffs on the legs and the collar with an elastic band or drawstring to adjust the size.
Our sewing pattern consists of two identical sized pieces and one piece for the belly. In this case, the distance of the ZK segment exactly corresponds to the length from the neck to the tail.
For those who do not know how to sew, but loves to knit
If you like to knit, you can make a blouse or the same jumpsuit from warm woolen threads for your pet. To do this, we first knit a collar, then move on to the design of the chest, not forgetting to leave holes for the front paws. While we knit, we measure the length of the product and compare it with the size of the dog. These things are also suitable for both small and large dogs.
The advantage of this option is that you can knit not only blouses, but also hats, scarves for your favorite dogs of small and large breeds. If you know how to sew and knit, you can please your pet with a raincoat overalls and a warm woolen scarf. You can also build a beautiful pattern on the product using threads. The pet will not be able to tear the product with its paws, since it will not reach the fabric with its claws.
The diagram shows the necessary measurements for knitting a jumpsuit. Neck 21 cm, front legs 10 cm, hind legs 15 cm, distance from withers to edge of chest 35 cm.The product is suitable for a medium-sized dog.
Knitting or crocheting can also be used to knit items for clothing for dogs of large and medium breeds: cuffs, collars, collars made of bright threads look very beautiful. Well, for the exclusivity of the product, we knit the nickname of the dog. Today on the network you can find many descriptions of instructions and master classes, according to which we knit products for our pets. It remains only to choose the most suitable option. Just remember that sometimes it is better to walk a dog (both medium and large) without any clothes.
Required sewing tools
Before knitting or sewing any warm clothes, you need to prepare all the necessary tools. In this case, in addition to scissors, fabric and patterns, we also need a zipper, an elastic band (lace) and fasteners for cuffs (collars). All items can be medium or large, depending on the breed of the dog. As for the material, it is still better to choose one that will not disintegrate along the threads.
Well, you can knit with knitting needles or crochet using warm wool-like threads. For those owners who do not know how to sew a jumpsuit for a dog, our step-by-step instructions.
The right material for dog clothes
In the choice of material, the main role is played not by beauty, but by practicality. Judge for yourself, the dog will be much warmer and more comfortable in a waterproof dense fabric than in artificial clothing with net inserts. Good in all respects, overalls for dogs are more advisable to sew from raincoat fabric, bolognese material, dense microfiber or any other fabric that repels moisture. For a better insulating effect, you can also add an inner warm lining to the product, which can be knitted or made from insulation.
Sorry, there are currently no polls available.
If you are “friends” with knitting needles, you can knit a simple sleeveless jacket on your dog, which you will wear under the overalls in cold weather. Fur and viscose can also act as a heater. Warm little things will keep your pet healthy and clean during the cold season. Read a master class on knitting and patterns below in the article.
Fashion for dogs: how to make a stylish jumpsuit with your own hands
Our four-legged pets need warmth and care just like small children. In cold and windy weather, a short-haired dog can be completely uncomfortable, but you still need to walk. We are happy to knit hats and vests for them. Do-it-yourself jumpsuit sewing is also a good solution.
The right material for dog clothes
For those who do not know how to sew, but loves to knit
Video “Master class on tailoring for a pet”
How to properly finish a concrete march
For finishing concrete marches, stone or paving slabs are usually used. For example, marble and granite steps for the porch look unusually impressive. Clinker marches can often be seen in country houses.
Clinker steps on the porch. Photo of a wide comfortable street staircase
[su_label type = “info”] Tip: [/ su_label] [su_highlight background = “# d3e8fe”] Don’t buy material with embossed patterns. Dirt will constantly clog into the grooves of such a tile. Rough matte, rather thick beautiful tiles, stone or porcelain stoneware for the steps of the porch are the best option. [/ Su_highlight]
- On the porch, a concrete screed is arranged, reinforced with a mesh netting. When pouring it, you should maintain a slope of a centimeter away from the building;
When installing a screed, a slope of one centimeter is made
- The next day, the surface of the screed is sanded and primed with PVA glue diluted with water;
- Twenty minutes after applying the primer, the actual laying of the tiles on the steps of the porch and on the upper platform is performed. The glue is applied to ceramic, granite, etc. elements with a layer of 1 cm and press them tightly to the concrete surface. The latter also needs to be smeared with glue;
Porch tiles are laid on special glue
- The next day, grout the joints.
There is one more answer to the question of how to cover the concrete steps of the porch. with wood. In this case, plywood is previously attached to their surface with nails. Further, wooden boards are glued to it. For reliability, they can also be screwed in with screws. A very beautiful design is obtained using decking.
How to make wooden steps on a porch
The steps of any staircase consist of two elements: the tread (the part on which the leg directly rests) and the riser. the vertical part.
The porch march consists of treads and risers
The device of wood marches begins with the selection of a suitable board. The thickness of the tread corresponds to the width of the march as 1: 20, that is, with a staircase width of 90 cm, you will need to use a board 4.5 cm thick. For risers, you can take material thinner than 2-2.5 cm. In this case, the steps for the porch with their own hands are usually attached either to the bars of the bowstring, or to the ends of the cutouts of the stringers. Risers and treads can be connected in several ways:
- By means of screws “in the pot”;
- Into the groove. In this case, a groove is cut in the step for the end of the riser;
- On galvanized corners.
Method of fastening treads and risers “in the pot”
- On pre-nailed bars;
- On long metal corners;
- In the groove (2-3cm). In this case, the ends of the boards are additionally coated with glue.
Methods for attaching treads and risers to bowstrings
On the stringers, fastening is made to the ends of the cutouts for glue and screws.
Video on how to build a porch with original oak treads:
Steps for the porch
Steps are the most important part of any staircase. Therefore, when making a porch, they should be given special attention. Firstly, you need to correctly calculate the height, depth and length of the steps, and secondly, choose the most suitable material for their facing. The convenience of movement on the porch will depend on this.
We will talk about how to make steps for the porch with your own hands in this article. We will also deal in all the details with the methods of their design.
How to calculate porch height
Calculation of steps for a porch begins with determining its height. To do this, simply measure the distance from the threshold of the door to the ground surface (that is, the height of the base of the foundation). Three centimeters should be subtracted from the result obtained. This is especially important if the front door in the house is made of wood. The fact is that this material swells a little when the air humidity rises. Therefore, if the porch site is too high, the canvas will simply touch it and the door will stop closing.
After the height of the porch is measured, you need to decide on the angle of inclination of the march.
DIY Dog Stairs
[su_label type = “warning”] Important: [/ su_label] [su_highlight background = “# fdffcd”] According to SNiP standards, the slope of a staircase in a residential building cannot be more than 45-50gr. The optimal parameter is 22-37gr. [/ Su_highlight]
The most convenient in a residential building will be a porch with an angle of inclination up to 45g
After the angle of inclination is selected, you can start calculating the stairs. In this case, it is necessary to take into account such a parameter as the most convenient width and height of the steps of the porch.
Production of concrete flights
The formwork for the steps of the concrete porch is made of thick boards. She goes astray like this:
- On each side of the future concrete march, several boards are installed in an upright position. Their length corresponds to the height of the steps. That is, the closer the board is to the wall, the longer it is;
- Further, transverse boards are also stuffed on them in a vertical position.
Formwork for a concrete march consists of several tiers
Reinforcement of concrete steps for the porch must be performed. How to fill a march? Concreting is carried out in layers of several tens of centimeters with tamping. To remove air bubbles from the mixture, you can use either a vibratory rammer or a regular stake.
Concrete semicircular steps of the porch with their own hands are poured into the formwork of bent sheet metal or plastic.
Calculation of the street ladder
The number of steps in a staircase can be very different. This parameter depends on the height of the march, as well as its slope. It is important to try to make the calculation in such a way that the porch is as comfortable and safe as possible. For example, like this:
Design of marches and their independent finishing
So the porch is finished. Further, the owners of the house are faced with the question of how to decorate the street ladder. The safety and practicality of the porch directly depends on what material will be chosen for decoration.
[su_label type = “warning”] Important: [/ su_label] [su_highlight background = “# fdffcd”] For steps, choose a cladding with a rough surface. In addition, the material must be strong and durable. [/ Su_highlight]
Tiles for porch steps. Photo of a rough facing material
Of course, the decoration of the porch should also be aesthetically pleasing. However, it is certainly not worth neglecting safety for the sake of beauty. Choose the material responsibly, and you will get an attractive and at the same time very comfortable porch.
Dimensions of steps and risers
The most comfortable for movement are the steps with a depth of at least 30 and a height of about 17 cm. Let’s see how the calculation of the porch is performed using a simple example.
Let the required ladder height be 50cm. At an angle of inclination of 30g, the length of the bowstring or stringer will be equal to C = B / sinB = 50 / sin30 = 50 / 0.5 = 100cm. You can roughly imagine that the porch in this case will consist of three steps. Let’s make a more accurate calculation. Each of the steps will have about 33cm of bowstring length, that is, their depth will be equal to A = CcosB = 33cos30 = 330.9 = 29.7cm, and their height H = CsinB = 33sin30 = 330.5 = 16.5cm. Thus, we have obtained close to optimal dimensions of the steps of the porch.
The width of the march should not be less than 70cm. However, the ladder will be convenient only if the distance between the bowstrings or stringers is at least 110 cm. The minimum number of steps in the march is two.