How to put a hyperactive kitten to bed
Little kittens taken away from their mother have sleep problems. Although the animal quickly gets used to the new owner and the absence of relatives, it is difficult to put it to bed at night. There are no clear instructions on how to put the kitten to bed, since you need to choose an individual approach to the pet. Forums with advice from those owners who have gone through this period will be able to help.
It is difficult for a small animal to go to bed with the owners, because this is the most active age. It is often enough for an adult animal to install a multi-level house so that the pet will use up its energy during the day. But furry predators are usually too small for such designs, so they are not interested.
Even if the kitten tries to explore the cat’s corner during the day, this is not enough, so the owner should run with the kitten before going to bed, show him self-propelled toys and so on. The pet must run and jump for at least half an hour, only then he gets tired enough. Every day, an active game must be finished with a small portion of incentive food.
You can watch special videos where the owners are trying to put the animal to bed after active games. Browsing can lead you to your own decisions. Usually, in a family with small children (over 5 years old), kittens are worn out faster, so at the same time you can put the kitten to bed rather quickly and wish the child good night.
Arrangement of the corner
It will be easier for the kitten to fall asleep in the owner’s bed, since a person is a necessary source of warmth. But if you do not want to share the bed with the animal, from the very beginning you need to show him your rookery. The couch should be, if possible, not far from the bed, since the owner shows by his example that you need to sleep at night.
In addition, imitation of the mother’s presence will help to put the kitten to sleep. You should put in the bed:
- Several pieces of natural fur, ideally, it should cover the entire sleeping place of the kitten;
- A hot water bottle wrapped in a cloth. The fluff of kittens often does not sufficiently protect them from the cold, so it is difficult for a small pet to fall asleep, and the warmth of the bottle will solve this problem;
- Alarm clock wrapped in cloth. The ticking alarm clock the kitten takes for the heartbeat of the mother cat, so it lulls him.
The couch should be in a place from where it will be convenient for him to get to the SIM card with food and water, as well as the tray. Then the fluffy predator will not wake up the owner at night because of his needs. A good solution would be to teach the cat to fall asleep in your arms, and then put it on the bed.
The personal example of the owner will help to teach the cat to fall asleep at night. After feeding and active games, the owner should ostentatiously prepare for bed. Of course, cats do not brush their teeth or wash off their makeup before bed, but the owner’s own preparations will attract the attention of the animal. If you repeat the same actions every day, the pet will predict the future development of events and go to bed himself.
In the first few days, the owner, after his own exercise, should indicate to the kitten its place: if the animal sleeps in the bed, take it with you, if it has its own place, take it there. It is difficult to accustom a cat to its own bed, so any attempts of a pet to lie down on it at any time of the day should be encouraged by food, attention and affection.
Putting a little kitten to sleep in an unfamiliar bed can be problematic. If he refuses to sleep in the place you want, try changing the blanket on her. Perhaps the animal does not like the smell or dirt in the old rookery. Try putting your pet’s favorite toy in there. However, in no case beat the baby for disobedience, this has the opposite effect and the kitten will no longer go to sleep in the bed.
You can quickly teach the animal to go to bed at night. You yourself will not believe when you realize that a year ago there were problems with this, but now an almost adult animal willingly sleeps all night.
There is no perfect way to keep your little one sleeping on schedule, but we have some tips in hand.
Have you had a rough night again? Did the kid not let you sleep at all? One hundred percent answer to the question of how to get a child to sleep will not work, because everything varies depending on the situation, the child and the parenting style. But there are some things that stay the same no matter what. these are the basics of sleep. Every child is different, but there are some things every parent can do to make sleep healthier and more comfortable.
Sleep is very important for babies, especially their first year of life! They will nap three to five times a day for the first seven to nine months of their lives. After about seven to nine months, babies usually go to sleep twice a day, and by 15-18 months, most babies go to one midday nap. It is important that we offer them the opportunity to sleep during the day, because the better they sleep during the day, the better they tend to sleep at night! The more consistent we can be with their sleep patterns, the better. Here are five things parents can do that will greatly help their babies get the sleep they need.
If the child does not sleep well
In the room in which the child sleeps, you need to create a comfortable atmosphere:
- Blackwork curtains will help keep the twilight even if the sun is shining through the window,
- The room should be fresh and a little cool.,
- The child’s bed should be made of natural high-quality materials.
- Don’t swing your baby for too long. then it may be difficult for him to fall asleep in a different environment,
- Take a good walk before bed.,
- If you see that the child is not tired, but cheerful and cheerful, do not make him sleep, it is better to take a walk or play,
- Feed your baby well before bed so he doesn’t wake up hungry.
- If your child sleeps in another room or separately in a crib, but wakes up frequently at night, consider sleeping together. it is convenient for mom (saves valuable sleep and saves energy) and baby. he is not scared and does not need to shout loudly to find mom.
- Children love the regime, for them it is a guarantee of confidence and a guarantee that everything is fine.
- Bathe your baby at the same time,
- After bathing, give a gentle massage,
- Feed your baby, then start laying.
- It is important not to change the time and sequence of procedures and your baby will quickly get used to this routine.
Of course, your teeth are waiting for you, at night someone goes to the toilet, the daily routine may change slightly. The main thing is to treat this philosophically and not to violate the regime. And in a year it will be much easier for you, really!
How to put a cat to bed?
Part 1 Teaching your kitten to sleep at night
- 1 Create a bedtime ritual. This ritual (or routine) should be for both you and the kitten. Since it is natural for a kitten to be active at night, you will have to “reprogram” it to the opposite behavior. This can be done through a special evening ritual, which will not only signal that it is time to sleep, but also take as much energy from the kitten as possible and make him tired.
- Start with active play with the kitten in the late evening (about an hour before bedtime).
- When you and the kitten are done playing, treat or feed the pet before bed.
- After the kitten has finished eating, go to your usual bedtime preparations and let the kitten follow you. In this case, the kitten will observe your actions and learn what exactly for you (and for him) is a signal to go to sleep.
- Go to bed and turn off the lights. Hug the kitten and go to sleep. By this time, he should already be tired to the point of exhaustion.
- By following the established procedure on a daily basis, your kitten will understand its meaning and will better understand what exactly is required of him.
- 2 Play some quiet, relaxing music for your kitten. You can help the kitten to relax and fall asleep by playing music specially designed for cats. You can find a variety of relaxing kitten music playlists on YouTube. Try playing this kind of music while you get ready for bed to help the kitten calm down. If the music proves to be effective, make it an integral part of your bedtime preparation so that it signals the kitten that it’s time to go to bed.
- 3 Remove toys. Sometimes the most unpleasant moment in the fact that a kitten does not want to sleep at night is the noise made by his toys. Many cat toys have bells or tweeters, or are made of hard plastic or some other rigid material. When it’s bedtime, put all cat toys in a separate box. If you need to leave the kitten with a toy, then give him a soft toy that will not rattle. Due to the lack of toys, the kitten may also decide that it is time to sleep, in the end, he will play more during the day (when his favorite toys are at his disposal) and will sleep better at night.
- 4 Do not let the kitten sleep when you are awake. Ironically, cats love to sleep, although kittens sleep less than adult animals. If your kitten loves to take a nap in the afternoon or evening, and then does not let you sleep at night due to his excessive activity, try to prevent him from naps during the day. If you see him sleeping, wake him up and make him play. You do not have to do this for very long, the kitten will quickly understand that the time for play is evening, and the night is for sleep.
- 5 Use the “ignore” rule. Hyperactive kittens may continue to behave in this way due to the fact that they attract additional attention with their activity. If a kitten pesters you until you start to play with him, feed him or otherwise pay attention to him, then he will continue this behavior again and again (since he taught you to do this). Despite the difficulty of the task, the best way to train a kitten is to explain to him that you are far from always available to fulfill his desires. When it’s time to sleep, or if you’re in bed and your kitten needs your attention, don’t do anything. Ignore the kitten and keep going.
- Despite the fact that this technique will not give immediate results, it is important for the further education of the kitten. The kitten must understand that he needs to wait for your personal decision about feeding or starting games.
- 6 Raise your kitten with love. It may seem strange, but when your kitten starts pestering you for any reason, grab him and put him in a close hug. Do not let go of the kitten, continue to hug him affectionately. You will notice that the kitten will not be very flattered by this expression of love on your part, which is good. If you hug a kitten tightly when he does something that he shouldn’t do (for example, plays with your legs when you are trying to sleep), then he will very quickly stop behaving this way. The kitten will understand the relationship between a certain activity and your close (and not very pleasant) hug; in order not to fall into such an embrace, he will stop doing what leads to them.
- 7 Provide your cat with a breakfast that won’t make you wake up early in the morning. The feline sleep cycle is shorter than the human sleep cycle. Even if you manage to put the cat to bed with you, he may wake you up early in the morning, demanding his breakfast or needing your attention. The worst thing to do in a situation like this is to stand up and give the cat your attention. If you do this, the cat will ideally train you to do what he needs in no time! It is very likely that immediately after waking up, the cat will look for food, so prudently leave the cat food for breakfast even in the evening.
- There are special timed cat feeders that either open or dispense food at regular intervals. With such a feeder, you will not need to get up early to feed your kitten, and regular feeding intervals will train him to the regimen. If the kitten knows that at seven in the morning he will have food in the bowl, then he will not wake you up to feed him. Instead, he will sit by the bowl and wait for her to give him food.
How to put a kitten to bed
But I have an absolutely domestic cat. you can’t kick him out into the street, he easily falls asleep with me, he is 3 years old. And kittens are like small children. to put children to bed is also a problem. But I agree that the kitten should be given a small load.
How to put a kitten to bed?
- feed and leave alone to sleep
- They are predators)))
- put it with you and stroke it!
- When my cat gets drunk, it always sleeps. And feed your
- most importantly, do not let him sleep and lie down during the day at all, play with him so that he gets tired. and at night it is usually advised not to pay attention, as he tries to attract attention with his noise, because he is bored. if you ignore it, he will get bored and may calm down.
- just cover him and give him a toy and give him your hand so that he does not bite and in the meantime he will fall asleep by himself
- You see, cats are set up so that they sleep during the day and not at night. In any case, he will get up and run and play in the apartment at night. It will still be difficult for them to fall asleep as she wakes up from every rustle. My advice to you is to get used to his different gatherings at night.))).
- When you need to go to bed yourself.
- while small, in any way. Runs over. walk up. get tired. HIMSELF! (I know from my cat)
- organize an active evening for him, he gets tired. he falls asleep.
- feed and put next to you.
- Give him physical activity, he gets tired and falls asleep)
- First, we start a wife and a house, And the mouse itself starts up later. Then the wife starts in her turn Speech about mice and that, they say, you need a cat. We start a cat too. Upon learning of that, the Mouse becomes quiet and trembles its tail. But as a wound-up cat gallops all night, until the plant ends. Nothing can calm the cat.
I’d rather buy a second mouse! Probably because the night beast is still young and playful. With age, he will calm down, he will settle down, he will be calm and dignified. Patience! Or you can run with him yourself, but it is at night, reincarnated at least for one night in a cat.
How to put a cat to bed?
Is it easy to get a cat to sleep? Unfortunately, most owners have to deal with the fact that, finding themselves in a new environment, the cat is in no hurry to adapt to it, stubbornly dictating its conditions to the owners. This problem is especially relevant in relation to sleep patterns.
As a nocturnal predator, the cat is nocturnal and sleeps mostly during the day. Often this habit seriously complicates the life of its owners. Can a cat be taught to fall asleep at other times? How to put a cat to bed? To begin with, you should take care of creating special conditions for this.
The first step in teaching your cat the routine you need is daytime feeding. One of the main reasons for a cat’s nocturnal lifestyle is the need to hunt. When this need disappears, the animal gets more reasons to sleep in the morning.
The next step will be to create conditions for the animal for the implementation of hunting instincts, namely, the allocation of space for games. Remember that even when surrounded by maximum care and attention, a cat will not miss the chance to play with the first object in its field of vision at night, when the animal’s activity reaches its limit. If the animal has the opportunity to lead the most active lifestyle, the need to do this at night will disappear.
Be as responsible as possible to the organization of active games of the animal. Do not overload the animal with games or do it in the evening, before bedtime. By doing this, you will only achieve the opposite effect, shaking the nervous system of the animal and finally violating the established daily routine.
Change the association to falling asleep
From 4 to 6 months, the child is already mature enough to fall asleep on his own (there is enough sleep hormone). Parents do not always know this and continue to rock him, put him to sleep on his chest, with a bottle, a pacifier, in a stroller, in a car. So there is an association of falling asleep, addiction. The child also does not know that he knows how to fall asleep on his own, because we do not give him a chance to find out about it. He knows: “I only fall asleep to sleep, I need help.”.
Sleep is the most defenseless state for a person. In order that, if necessary, a person can protect himself, sleep is divided into episodes (in adults. 1.5-2 hours, in children under 2-3 years old. 40-60 minutes). Between sleep episodes, you wake up, literally for a couple of seconds. The brain at this time is in the wakefulness mode. We do not even notice it, we turn on the other side and begin the next episode. But if the child does not know how to fall asleep on his own, and then during this waking up some hindrance has completely awakened him, he needs help. And a lot of external and internal stimuli can interfere with it, for example, gas in the stomach, a toothache, an extraneous sound, cold, hot, hand stuck between the bars of the bed. In addition, a change of scenery may wake him up. Imagine falling asleep in your bed and waking up in the kitchen on the floor. So it is for a child who fell asleep on his chest and woke up in bed. And then the night marathon begins.
It is important to note that there is a method where the child is left alone to “whine”. I am totally against using it. It works well, but the price is too high. the child is desperate to get the help he needs, and this can cause many psychological problems. You can teach yourself to fall asleep by gradually and gradually replacing the association with a less dependent one, as a result of which the child falls asleep without assistance.
Keep track of your daily diet
This point is more about babies. It often happens in babies that they are malnourished during the day. Around 6-7 months, there comes a period when it becomes boring to eat. then the children hung on their chests for forty minutes and cannot be unhooked, and then they ate for 5 minutes and turned their heads. At this age, another leap in development takes place, they see much more things, they have new opportunities for research, knowledge of the world. This overpowers the need for food. I froze the worm and went to investigate further. It turns out that they are malnourished during the day, and at night they wake up every hour to eat.
Prepare to lay in advance
Everything should happen as the parents said, because their words can be trusted. Not in the “I said. you did” format, no. And we tell the child what will happen now. “Now we will watch a cartoon, then we will have supper, then we will go to the shower, then we will read and after the fairy tale we will go to bed. If we do all this quickly, we will have time to read two whole stories. ” So the child will know what to expect, he knows what plan. He has time to get used to it.
It is extremely important to follow the promised action plan. If we say that we will now go to the shower, after which we yield to the child and first read the book, then he, not being sure of your word, will continue to try to stretch this border more and more.
And here it is not necessary to consult with children, asking when they want to go to bed. You need to give a choice, for example, like this: do you want to sleep with a bear or with an airplane?
Regime is the rhythm of the day, which is extremely important for an infant, starting from 3-4 months. This is the age when the child begins to slowly orient himself, and all external stimuli turn for him from a continuous stream into separate pieces of information. There are many of these stimuli, the world in front of the child is huge, incomprehensible, and in the regime he finds chains, a sequence of events. Here he sleeps, then wakes up, eats, is active, walks, then they change his diaper, prepare him for bed, close the curtains, and then he sleeps again. He is calm, comfortable, he roughly understands what to expect. There is a calming routine, not too many surprises. Children are terrible conservatives, they do not like anything new, they quickly get used to certain orders and do not want to change anything. Not because they control freaks, but because they need a minimal sense of control over their lives. It is also important to tell the baby what we are going to do with him. he will not understand the words, but gradually he will develop associative connections between words and actions.
I often hear from my parents “he does not want to sleep.” For example, we are talking about an eight-month-old baby. Did he get up himself and say he doesn’t want to sleep? He lies in bed and yells. It often happens that a child is overexcited. not because he STILL does not want to sleep, but because he ALREADY does not want to sleep. How does this happen? We are born with an immature brain apparatus, but after birth it develops at a cosmic speed. tons of new information enter it. All information must fit in the brain, somehow link with each other. Every day, the baby’s brain produces about 3 million new connections. His brain is working very hard and he needs to rest. Rest for the brain is sleep. But the brain cannot go to bed itself, it cannot, like a battery, take and sit down. He calls for help from stress hormones, they help him to function in these conditions. He gives the command to the thyroid gland: well, give me adrenaline and cortisol. For this to happen, the child just needs not to fall asleep on time. 10 minutes, half an hour, an hour is enough (depending on age and congenital degree of excitability). And the mechanisms of braking in children at first do not work or work very badly, so they need a breast to take on the handles, something else external to calm them down (nipple, stroller, etc.). All these tantrums, inability to fall asleep is adrenaline.
Learn to set boundaries (for children over a year old)
It is important to give the child the right to choose (where he can take responsibility for him). For example, the right to choose which pants he will wear. red or blue. A choice of two courses. meat with rice or with potatoes? From the age of two, you can give more choice: “Look, we are going to the shower, you need to wash. I decide this. But you can choose how you want to go to the shower. so that we get high and we play there, or you can go with tears, but then I have to drag you into the water, which I would not want at all. What to do, we need a shower. What you choose?”. The child understands that he also chooses the behavior, and he does not need to tear out this control from us with his behavior.
The same is true with lying down for the night or waking up at night. if we do not set clear boundaries in this, do not say how everything will happen, then the child begins to pull the bagpipes: write, poop, drink, forgot to take a toy to bed or communicate something important. If we are led by this behavior, laying down can take all three hours (real figure from practice).
Spend quality time with your kids
Mom and Dad come home from work in the evening, the child rushes to them, gets overexcited, and then it’s clear. it’s impossible to put him to bed. He wants to sleep regardless of this. The brain needs to sleep, and the child wants to hang out with their parents. Or it also happens: the child is put on time, and at night he wakes up and demands mom or dad. So he compensates for the absence of parents during the day.
One of the most effective ways to satisfy a child’s needs when we are all forced to work is to allocate quality time to him on an ongoing basis (net time spent with the child, without doing something else in parallel, including a mobile phone). And here it is not about quantity, but about the quality of this time spent together. It can be 10 minutes, about which he will always know that before he goes to the bath, he has time with mom or with dad or both. This is his personal time, he will know that he can always count on him, and he does not need to win it back with a fight. He won’t have to behave in such a way as to get attention. It is important that this moment takes place on the initiative of the parent. then the child sees that this time spent with him is important to the parents. Such 10-15 minutes a day can change the picture.
It happens that mothers with children spend round the clock (especially with babies), but children still have attention deficit. Because my mother lives her life in parallel, she throws the laundry, has to cook something, but she is looking at something on the phone, talking to someone. We need a bubble that a parent creates, in which there is only him and the child. I believe that in such a situation, parents should ask for help in caring for the child or take a nanny for part of the time, otherwise it turns out that the child is with you all the time, while he must beg for your attention. Sometimes it is better to take a nanny or give it to the garden, so that later you can spend an hour a day together, but with good quality. And the child will be happy and you will have a resource.
How to put a child to sleep without suffering. 11 tips from a sleep counselor
Sleep consultant Nina Hoffman explains that sleep disturbance is a serious problem that is quite rare in children. often than not, parents themselves make mistakes that make children difficult to sleep. But don’t despair, everything can be fixed.
How to put your baby to bed: simple tips
Which mum doesn’t want their kids to fit perfectly and sleep peacefully through the night? There are enough reasons for this, in which we will try to figure it out properly. How to create optimal conditions for good sleep? Are there any ways to put the baby to bed quickly and without whims? Deep sleep of a child at night and a quiet hour during the day. about all this
How to avoid whims?
First of all, the mother needs to think about the correct routine for the child, taking into account the time convenient for her. During the day, the baby is faced with a huge flow of information. When feeding, walking and sleeping time is organized correctly, STIHL guarantees him. For mom’s regime. it is a clear and understandable order of actions, thanks to which you can simplify many processes of caring for a child.
The benefits of the regimen, especially for the little ones, are also discussed by the pediatrician and chief health expert for children from Babyphotostars and their mothers. Doctor Komarovsky
Doctor Komarovsky’s advice
Create your own family traditions that will bring pleasure to you and your baby. For example, choose pajamas together and read a fairy tale, at the discretion of a little family member; whisper stories about what kind of dream he will have today; drink warm milk before bed or do a massage. There can be many options, repeat them from day to day and soon the baby will get used to this way of laying.
Please note that watching TV and cartoons. this is not the best way to calm a child down. Because in this way he receives a volume of new information, the brain begins to process it and you can forget about daytime sleep. It is best to limit gadget manipulation an hour before bedtime.
Consider also lunch and dinner times so that your baby does not go to bed with a full tummy. Do not overload his digestive system, and then the sleep will be restful. This principle works only with small babies, but not with one-year-olds and older children.
Do not stand and postpone the moment of going to nap at a later hour. The baby’s nervous system also needs a regime, so in order to avoid whims, try to put it on time.
Remember that after good walks in the fresh air, with or without a stroller, your baby will sleep much better.
How to Help a Kitten Sleep
It is appropriate here to briefly talk about the methodology of Maria Montessori. She argued that the nursery of a child from birth to two to three years old should consist of four zones: a sleeping zone, a feeding zone, an activity zone, a dressing and care zone.
We will talk in more detail about the sleep zone. The Montessori crib is different from the cribs we are used to. It is a mattress of approximately 190×90 cm and a height of 10 cm. This type of sleeping place for a baby. will allow him to see the whole room, to control his sleep himself, since after waking up he will not be restricted in movement. Along the open side of the crib, you can lay a rug, and near the wall you can make a slide of pillows.
Also, Maria Montessori pays attention to the fact that your baby quickly gets used to daytime and nighttime sleep and distinguishes between them. you need to put it on a daytime sleep in the light, and at night. in the dark.
Many parents want to put their baby to bed quickly and without tears. But the reality is that the baby is not always in the mood to calmly go to bed. In this case, some resort to Richard Ferber’s Cry It Out (CIO) method. It is based on the fact that parents allow the child to cry for a certain period of time, that is, as much as he wants.
The idea is simple: if your child gets used to the fact that you feed him or rocking him every time before bed, he will not learn to fall asleep on his own. And afterwards, when he wakes up at night, which is part of the natural sleep cycle, he will worry and cry instead of falling asleep again. Conversely, if your toddler learns to calm himself before bed, he can use that same skill to allow him to sleep peacefully through the night.
What to do to make the child fall asleep?
To tune in to a good long sleep will help the laying ritual, for which you should set aside at least 30 minutes. This includes preparing the room: remove toys, straighten the bed, ventilate the room, turn off the light. Also, the process of communication with the child is important. Give him enough attention. Do the cleaning together, read a fairy tale, choose a toy (if he is older). The main thing. so that STIHL emanates from the mother, such a state will definitely be transmitted to the baby and the result will not be long in coming.
When we see that the baby starts to yawn, rubs his eyes, looks for a pacifier. he wants to sleep, which means you can shake him in your arms. Within a few minutes of slow and rhythmic swaying, the baby will begin to fall asleep. At this moment, you need to put him in the crib, before he completely falls asleep in his arms. Otherwise he will wake up and cry.
And remember that while sleeping, the child needs peace and quiet, preferably in a separate quiet room. If this is not possible, you can create an audiophone around it, turning on white noise, calm music, a lullaby or a fairy tale while falling asleep.
What prevents a child from falling asleep?
There are many factors that affect your baby’s comfort. In the list of the most important, you need to highlight:
Other rows, such as a stomach ache or teeth cut, should be considered separately, but remember that such unforeseen circumstances can also be.
Let’s start with the first one. The baby can sleep alone in his crib or with his mother. In any case, make sure that he is comfortable. Pay attention to the mattress. It should be new, even and rigid, since the spine of the newborn is not yet fully formed. In principle, for older children, such a mattress will also be more useful than a soft one.
Until 2 years old, it is very important that the crib is as empty as possible, that is, without additional pillows, blankets, soft toys, for safety reasons. It is better to cover the baby with special blankets, blankets, or use special sleeping bags. If the baby sleeps alone, take care of the protective bumpers, and if with you. put the child between you and the wall, naturally protecting him from injury.
Next is the point about the temperature and humidity conditions in the room where the baby sleeps. It must be understood that this is the direct guarantee of a good sleep. So. The temperature in the room should not exceed 18 °. 20 °. Humidity. 40-60%. And to quickly put the child to bed, try to simply open the window after all the preparations. Light airing of the room promotes better sleep. You can do this in other rooms so that the air circulates where the baby sleeps. The main thing. do not make a draft, and also do not forget about a good choice of clothing for sleep. Do not swaddle your monthly babies too much. You can read about this in the previous article on the Babyphotostars blog.
The production of the sleep hormone directly depends on the level of light in the room. melatonin. Its synthesis stops in bright light, so at night it is advisable for children to sleep in complete darkness, so sleep will be stronger and more useful.
Train Your Cat to Let You Sleep
A night light up to 2 years old can only be useful for a mother, since she often gets up to a baby, but after this age, the first childhood fears may appear. The fear of the dark can be solved by adding dim garlands, nightlights and lamps to the room so that they have a predominantly warm light. If we talk about daytime sleep, then you do not need to create complete darkness in the room. just dim the lights a little for the child to tune in to a quiet hour.
It’s no secret that babies sleep peacefully under various noises: TV sounds, conversations of adults and even a working vacuum cleaner, but wake up. only from sharp loud sounds. Already as they grow older, their sleep becomes more sensitive, therefore, if possible, it is better to put the baby in a separate quiet room.
Reasons why a cat does not sleep at night
To understand why a cat does not sleep at night, you need to realize that the biological clocks of the pet and the owner differ significantly:
- The first reason to understand why a kitten does not sleep at night is nature. By their natural characteristics, cats are predators, and they tend to hunt at night. Pets living in rural areas walk excellently at night and sleep during the day, and this factor does not bother anyone. The situation in the city is completely different. If the owner allows, the cat will calmly walk around the house at night, sometimes attracting attention to itself.
- It is a known fact that cats spend 18 hours a day sleeping, and naturally, they will get enough sleep during the day, and they are full of energy at night, and require attention and food.
- If the kitten has just appeared in the house and does not let you sleep at night, then you need to be patient, because he needs time to adapt to the new environment.
- If the cat is alone at home during the day, he lacks communication. He’s just lonely. Naturally, he believes that the night is the time when the owner could give him at least a little attention. The pet begins to call him to play, requires affection, communication.
- The kitten could get hungry.
- Sometimes an unrealized sexual instinct pushes a cat to such a night wakefulness.
- Overly fearful animals, which have sat out in a secluded place during the day due to the arrival of guests or the activity of another animal located next to them, begin to meow at night and attract attention to themselves.
- Maybe the cat is worried about something, she may have health problems. After all, as you know, at night illnesses make themselves felt stronger.
Solving the problem of night wakefulness of a cat
The solution to the issue lies not in getting the cat to sleep at night, but in how to wean him from sleeping in the daytime. It is impossible to force a cat to do anything by force due to its unique love of freedom. The only way out is to satisfy her needs and try to accustom her to the daily routine necessary for both parties:
- If your pet does not let you sleep at night, you can try feeding it late at night. It is advisable that the food was as high-calorie as possible, because it will take more strength and energy to digest it. And night walks require additional energy from the animal, and in order to save it for digesting food, he will rest and not interfere with the owners doing the same.
- When a cat cannot be put to bed due to a lack of attention, there is no choice but to give it this attention in the evening. If the pet is lonely, no one communicates with him during the day, then naturally, after the owner comes home from work, he will demand the lost attention. This is especially true for anxious animals, you just need to calm the cat, pet her, talk to her. She will feel the care of the owner and will stop worrying at night.
- You need to go towards natural instincts, and let the pet get around the territory. Sometimes he feels anxious, he needs to make sure everything is in order. When the cat goes around all the rooms before going to bed, he calmly lies down to rest, making sure that nothing threatens him or the owner. If the appearance of an animal in any room is not desirable, then when walking around the space it is better not to go there at all. Thus, the cat will get used to it and will not become interested in this room.
- Another important component in revising a pet’s daily routine is physical activity. If the animal does not allow you to sleep at night, then in order to accustom him to the necessary routine, you need to play with him at night as long as possible. It is better that he run for at least an hour and a half. over, it is important to play not only with toys, but also with the owner, having played enough with candy wrappers and catch-up teasers, the pet will get tired and will be left “without hind legs”. Thus, he will sleep until the morning.
- If the cat does not sleep at night, requires food, then you need to leave him some food for the night, you can use an automatic feeder. But, if the animal begins to feed additionally at night, then the daily feed rate should be reduced. This is to prevent the cat from developing obesity.
- An extreme method is to try feeding the cat with raw meat once a week. Thus, his hunting instincts will be satisfied, and the digestion of raw food will take up more energy. Your pet will have no time for partying at night. Just don’t do it too often.
- You can try to get another animal. During the day they will play much more actively, it will be easier to teach them to sleep at night without disturbing the owner.
- When all of the above methods did not give any result, then in order to calm the active mustache, you can give him the drug “Cat Bayun”. This drug is well suited for both the unsatisfied sexual activity of the cat and for small kittens. The tool is used twice a day, in the morning and in the evening. The drug “Cat Bayun” should not be used often, it is only for emergencies.
You can try not to react in any way to the night cat calls, she will see that her actions do not give any results and will stop bothering the owner at night.
Why does the kitten keep you awake at night and what to do??
As soon as you have acquired a long-awaited kitten, then some problems immediately arise, one of which is a pet that does not sleep at night. The owners were tired during the day, they were asleep, but he was awake, playing or meowing out of habit. First, the cat meows to let him into the bedroom, then to let him out. During the day, people need to go to work, to school, and the mustache goes to bed and rests until the evening. And there again
Of course, young animals are naturally playful, but the kitten must be aware of the limits of its territory, as well as the limits of the master’s bedroom. To do this, you need to know what are the causes of feline insomnia and how to deal with it.
How to Distinguish Healthy Night Wake from Pet Illness
When a pet yells all nights, does not sleep and does not allow anyone to do it, then the caring owner thinks, and suddenly something bothers him. How to understand where he is healthy and asks for attention, and where he complains about his deplorable state.
A sick animal usually meows with altered intonation. She starts yapping or howling, as it were. All the time looking for a place, wants to climb somewhere, walks around the house and meows, cannot sit quietly or lie down.
What not to do when your kitten is awake at night
Sometimes desperate owners go to not entirely humane methods in order to get at least a little peace:
- When a pet does not let you sleep at night, it happens that the owner, trying to calm the animal, closes it either in the bathroom or in another room. Thus, it will not work to accustom the cat to a night’s rest, because it will begin to rush and yell even more, not understanding why it was treated so unfairly.
- When the owner, dreaming of a night’s sleep, sprinkles the pet with water, of course, he gets a long-awaited rest, but not for long, until he is cured. He will not do this for a long time, then the noise will start again. The cat does not feel guilty, such methods seem offensive to him.
- Sometimes the owner is led by the cat, begins to play with her, caress her, feed her. Thus, in no case can you act, she will get used to it, and then life will become even more fun.
You can try to hang the windows with a heavy curtain at night in the house, so the morning won’t come longer for the cat, and the owner will have a little extra time to soak up the bed.
When a healthy cat does not allow the owner to rest at night, this means that she cannot adjust to the human regime, but lives under the influence of natural instincts. If the pet is awake, then the owner must behave calmly and competently.
When a person behaves aggressively towards an animal, it will be even worse, firstly, the cat will be offended by such behavior, and will become even louder about it. Secondly, everything that happens will only amuse him, because he achieved what he wanted: the attention of the owner. Over time, cats will calm down and become less playful, you need to endure a little and retrain the pet to your rhythm of life.