How to put a kitten to bed?
- feed and leave alone to sleep
- They are predators)))
- put it with you and stroke it!
- When my cat gets drunk, it always sleeps. And feed your
- most importantly, do not let him sleep and lie down during the day at all, play with him so that he gets tired. and at night it is usually advised not to pay attention, as he tries to attract attention with his noise, because he is bored. if you ignore it, he will get bored and may calm down.
- just cover him and give him a toy and give him your hand so that he does not bite and in the meantime he will fall asleep by himself
- You see, cats are set up so that they sleep during the day and not at night. In any case, he will get up and run and play in the apartment at night. It will still be difficult for them to fall asleep as she wakes up from every rustle. My advice to you is to get used to his different gatherings at night.))).
- When you need to go to bed yourself.
- while small, in any way. Runs over. walk up. get tired. HIMSELF! (I know from my cat)
- organize an active evening for him, he gets tired. he falls asleep.
- feed and put next to you.
- Give him physical activity, he gets tired and falls asleep)
- First, we start a wife and a house, And the mouse itself starts up later. Then the wife starts in her turn Speech about mice and that, they say, you need a cat. We start a cat too. Upon learning of that, the Mouse becomes quiet and trembles its tail. But as a wound-up cat gallops all night, until the plant ends. Nothing can calm the cat.
I’d rather buy a second mouse! Probably because the night beast is still young and playful. With age, he will calm down, he will settle down, he will be calm and dignified. Patience! Or you can run with him yourself, but it is at night, reincarnated at least for one night in a cat.
How to put a cat to bed?
Is it easy to get a cat to sleep? Unfortunately, most owners have to deal with the fact that, finding themselves in a new environment, the cat is in no hurry to adapt to it, stubbornly dictating its conditions to the owners. This problem is especially relevant in relation to sleep patterns.
As a nocturnal predator, the cat is nocturnal and sleeps mostly during the day. Often this habit seriously complicates the life of its owners. Can a cat be taught to fall asleep at other times? How to put a cat to bed? To begin with, you should take care of creating special conditions for this.
The first step in teaching your cat the routine you need is daytime feeding. One of the main reasons for a cat‘s nocturnal lifestyle is the need to hunt. When this need disappears, the animal gets more reasons to sleep in the morning.
The next step will be to create conditions for the animal for the implementation of hunting instincts, namely, the allocation of space for games. Remember that even when surrounded by maximum care and attention, a cat will not miss the chance to play with the first object in its field of vision at night, when the animal’s activity reaches its limit. If the animal has the opportunity to lead the most active lifestyle, the need to do this at night will disappear.
Be as responsible as possible to the organization of active games of the animal. Do not overload the animal with games or do it in the evening, before bedtime. By doing this, you will only achieve the opposite effect, shaking the nervous system of the animal and finally violating the established daily routine.
How to put a kitten to bed
- Most cats and kittens are lactose intolerant and therefore respond poorly to cow’s milk. If you want to feed your kitten with milk, it must be a milk product specifically designed for cats.
- Do not use any physical punishment while training your cat. If you need to “punish” bad behavior, try grabbing it and holding it, or making it sit in your carrier (with the door open).
Sent by: Mironova Alina. 2017-11-12 13:02:59
How to use a cat sedative
If other methods of putting the cat to bed do not provide significant assistance, many owners resort to using sedatives for the animal. It is necessary to add special preparations in strictly limited doses, mixing them with food or water of the animal. Be sure to consult with your veterinarian in order to calculate the dosage of the drug as accurately as possible, find out possible contraindications and side effects of each.
It will not be so easy for the animal to rearrange its daily routine from the nature laid down to a more convenient one for you. Therefore, you have to be patient. But over time, you will find that helping the animal adapt to the new daily routine is quite simple, and the result is worth the effort.
How to put a kitten to bed
Part 1 Teaching your kitten to sleep at night
- 1 Create a bedtime ritual. This ritual (or routine) should be for both you and the kitten. Since it is natural for a kitten to be active at night, you will have to “reprogram” it to the opposite behavior. This can be done through a special evening ritual, which will not only signal that it is time to sleep, but also take as much energy from the kitten as possible and make him tired.
- Start with active play with the kitten in the late evening (about an hour before bedtime).
- When you and the kitten are done playing games, treat or feed the pet before bed.
- After the kitten has finished eating, go to your usual bedtime preparations and let the kitten follow you. In this case, the kitten will observe your actions and learn what exactly for you (and for him) is a signal to go to sleep.
- Go to bed and turn off the lights. Hug the kitten and go to sleep. By this time, he should already be tired to the point of exhaustion.
- By following the established procedure on a daily basis, your kitten will understand its meaning and will better understand what exactly is required of him.
- 2 Play some quiet, relaxing music for your kitten. You can help the kitten to relax and fall asleep by playing music specially designed for cats. You can find a variety of relaxing kitten music playlists on YouTube. Try playing this kind of music while you get ready for bed to help the kitten calm down. If the music proves to be effective, make it an integral part of your bedtime preparation so that it signals the kitten that it’s time to go to bed.
- 3 Remove toys. Sometimes the most unpleasant moment in the fact that a kitten does not want to sleep at night is the noise made by his toys. Many cat toys have bells or tweeters, or are made of hard plastic or some other rigid material. When it’s bedtime, put all cat toys in a separate box. If you need to leave the kitten with a toy, then give him a soft toy that will not rattle. Due to the lack of toys, the kitten may also decide that it is time to sleep, in the end, he will play more during the day (when his favorite toys are at his disposal) and will sleep better at night.
- 4 Do not let your kitten sleep when you are awake. Ironically, cats love to sleep, although kittens sleep less than adult animals. If your kitten loves to take a nap in the afternoon or evening, and then does not let you sleep at night due to his excessive activity, try to prevent him from naps during the day. If you see him sleeping, wake him up and make him play. You do not have to do this for very long, the kitten will quickly understand that the time for play is evening, and the night is for sleep.
- 5 Use the “ignore” rule. Hyperactive kittens may continue to behave in this way due to the fact that they attract additional attention with their activity. If a kitten pesters you until you start to play with him, feed him or otherwise pay attention to him, then he will continue this behavior again and again (since he taught you to do this). Despite the difficulty of the task, the best way to train a kitten is to explain to him that you are far from always available to fulfill his desires. When it’s time to sleep, or if you’re in bed and your kitten needs your attention, don’t do anything. Ignore the kitten and keep going.
- Despite the fact that this technique will not give immediate results, it is important for the further education of the kitten. The kitten must understand that he needs to wait for your personal decision about feeding or starting games.
- 6 Raise your kitten with love. It may sound strange, but when your kitten starts pestering you for any reason, grab him and put him in a close hug. Do not let go of the kitten, continue to hug him affectionately. You will notice that the kitten will not be very flattered by this expression of love on your part, which is good. If you hug a kitten tightly when he does something that he shouldn’t do (for example, plays with your legs when you are trying to sleep), then he will very quickly stop behaving this way. The kitten will understand the relationship between a certain activity and your close (and not very pleasant) hug; in order not to fall into such an embrace, he will stop doing what leads to them.
- 7 Provide your cat with a breakfast that won’t make you wake up early in the morning. The feline sleep cycle is shorter than the human sleep cycle. Even if you manage to put the cat to bed with you, he may wake you up early in the morning, demanding his breakfast or needing your attention. The worst thing to do in a situation like this is to stand up and give the cat your attention. If you do this, the cat will ideally train you to do what he needs in no time! It is very likely that immediately after waking up, the cat will look for food, so prudently leave the cat food for breakfast even in the evening.
- There are special timed cat feeders that either open or dispense food at regular intervals. With such a feeder, you will not need to get up early to feed your kitten, and regular feeding intervals will train him to the regimen. If the kitten knows that at seven in the morning he will have food in the bowl, then he will not wake you up to feed him. Instead, he will sit by the bowl and wait for her to give him food.
Daytime sleep should be complete
It happens that during the day children do not get enough sleep, they get tired, and by the evening they are too excited. Some parents mistakenly assume that if you don’t allow too much sleep during the day, your night’s sleep will improve. But as a result, due to the increased level of stress hormones in the blood, not only is it difficult to fall asleep, but the sleep is of poor quality, less deep, and superficial. It is easy to wake up from such a dream. And some wake up every 10-15 minutes.
How to put a child to sleep without suffering. 11 tips from a sleep counselor
Sleep consultant Nina Hoffman explains that sleep disturbance is a serious problem that is quite rare in children. often than not, parents themselves make mistakes that make children difficult to sleep. But do not despair, everything can be fixed.
Spend quality time with your kids
Mom and Dad come home from work in the evening, the child rushes to them, gets overexcited, and then it’s clear. it’s impossible to put him to bed. He wants to sleep regardless of this. The brain needs to sleep, and the child wants to hang out with their parents. Or it also happens: the child is put on time, and at night he wakes up and demands mom or dad. So he compensates for the absence of parents during the day.
One of the most effective ways to satisfy a child’s needs when we are all forced to work is to allocate quality time to him on an ongoing basis (net time spent with the child, without doing something else in parallel, including a mobile phone). And here it is not the quantity that matters, but the quality of this time spent together. It can be 10 minutes, about which he will always know that before he goes to the bath, he has time with mom or dad or both. This is his personal time, he will know that he can always count on him, and he does not need to win it back with a fight. He will not need to behave in such a way as to attract attention. It is important that this moment takes place on the initiative of the parent. then the child sees that this time spent with him is important to the parents. Such 10-15 minutes a day can change the picture.
It happens that mothers with children spend round the clock (especially with babies), but children still have attention deficit. Because my mother lives her life in parallel, she throws the laundry, has to cook something, but she is looking at something on the phone, talking to someone. We need a bubble that a parent creates, in which there is only him and the child. I believe that in such a situation, parents should ask for help in caring for the child or take a nanny for part of the time, otherwise it turns out that the child is with you all the time, while he must beg for your attention. Sometimes it is better to take a nanny or give it to the garden, so that later they can spend an hour a day together, but with high quality. And the child will be happy and you will have a resource.
How to Help a Kitten Sleep
Don’t overexcite your child
The parent came home from work, was very bored, began to throw up the child, run with him, “walk” him before going to bed. This has a bad effect on falling asleep and on sleep, because active games in the evening increase adrenaline. Try to play quiet games. building a constructor, collecting a puzzle, drawing.
Learn to set boundaries (for children over a year old)
Here it is important to give the child the right to choose (where he can take responsibility for him). For example, the right to choose which pants he will wear. red or blue. A choice of two courses. meat with rice or with potatoes? From the age of two, you can give more choice: “Look, we are going to the shower, you need to wash. I decide this. But you can choose how you want to go to the shower. so that we get high and we play there, or you can go with tears, but then I have to drag you into the water, which I would not want at all. What to do, we need a shower. What you choose?”. The child understands that he also chooses the behavior, and he does not need to tear out this control from us with his behavior.
The same is true with lying down for the night or waking up at night. if we do not set clear boundaries in this, do not say how everything will happen, then the child begins to pull the bagpipes: write, poop, drink, forgot to take a toy to bed or communicate something important. If we are led by this behavior, laying down can take all three hours (real figure from practice).
Let the kids get tired physically
There are babies who are so dragged around in their arms that, as a result, they do not get physically tired enough. This can trigger shallow sleep. The brain must not be overworked, but the body must be tired. Before going to bed, gradually slow down the pace, drown out the light, prepare for it in advance.
Prepare to lay in advance
Everything should happen as the parents said, because their words can be trusted. Not in the “I said. you did” format, no. And we tell the child what will happen now. “Now we will watch a cartoon, then we will have supper, then we will go to the shower, then we will read and after the fairy tale we will go to bed. If we do all this quickly, we will have time to read two whole stories. ” So the child will know what to expect, he knows what plan. He has time to get used to it.
It is extremely important to follow the promised action plan. If we say that we will now go to the shower, after which we yield to the child and first read the book, then he, not being sure of your word, will continue to try to stretch this border more and more.
And here it is not necessary to consult with children, asking when they want to go to bed. You need to give a choice, for example, like this: do you want to sleep with a bear or with an airplane?
What to do to make the child fall asleep?
Tune in for a good long sleep will help the laying ritual, which should be allocated at least 30 minutes. This includes preparing the room: remove toys, straighten the bed, ventilate the room, turn down the lights. Also, the process of communication with the child is important. Give him enough attention. Do the cleaning together, read a fairy tale, choose a toy (if he is older). The main thing. so that calmness emanates from the mother, such a state will definitely be transmitted to the baby and the result will not be long in coming.
When we see that the baby starts to yawn, rubs his eyes, looks for a pacifier. he wants to sleep, which means you can shake him in your arms. Within a few minutes of slow and rhythmic swaying, the baby will begin to fall asleep. At this moment, you need to put him in the crib, before he completely falls asleep in his arms. Otherwise he will wake up and cry.
And remember that while sleeping, the child needs peace and quiet, preferably in a separate quiet room. If this is not possible, you can create an audiophone around it, turning on white noise, calm music, a lullaby or a fairy tale while falling asleep.
How to put your baby to bed: simple tips
Which mum doesn’t want their kids to fit perfectly and sleep peacefully through the night? There are enough reasons for this, in which we will try to figure it out properly. How to create optimal conditions for good sleep? Are there any ways to put the baby to bed quickly and without whims? Deep sleep of a child at night and a quiet hour during the day. about all this.
How to avoid whims?
First of all, the mother needs to think about the correct routine for the child, taking into account the time convenient for her. During the day, the baby is faced with a huge flow of information. Organizing feeding, walking and sleeping times properly will ensure peace of mind. For mom’s regime. it is a clear and understandable procedure, thanks to which you can simplify many processes of child care.
The benefits of the regimen, especially for the little ones, are also discussed by the pediatrician and chief health expert for children from Babyphotostars and their mothers. Doctor Komarovsky
Doctor Komarovsky’s advice
Create your own family traditions that will bring pleasure to you and your baby. For example, choose pajamas together and read a fairy tale, at the discretion of a little family member; whisper stories about what kind of dream he will have today; drink warm milk before bed or do a massage. There can be many options, repeat them from day to day and soon the baby will get used to this way of laying.
Please note that watching TV and cartoons. this is not the best way to calm a child down. Because in this way he receives a volume of new information, the brain begins to process it and you can forget about daytime sleep. It is best to limit gadget manipulation an hour before bedtime.
Consider also lunch and dinner times so that your baby does not go to bed with a full tummy. Do not overload his digestive system, and then the sleep will be restful. This principle works only with small babies, but not with one-year-olds and older children.
Do not stand and postpone the moment of going to nap at a later hour. The baby’s nervous system also needs a regime, so in order to avoid whims, try to put it on time.
Remember that after good walks in the fresh air, with or without a stroller, your baby will sleep much better.
It is appropriate here to briefly talk about the methodology of Maria Montessori. She argued that the nursery of a child from birth to two to three years old should consist of four zones: a sleeping zone, a feeding zone, an activity zone, a dressing and care zone.
We will talk in more detail about the sleep zone. The Montessori crib is different from the cribs we are used to. It is a mattress of approximately 190×90 cm and a height of 10 cm. This type of sleeping place for a baby. will allow him to see the whole room, to control his sleep himself, since after waking up he will not be restricted in movement. Along the open side of the bed, you can lay a rug, and near the wall you can make a slide of pillows.
Also, Maria Montessori pays attention to the fact that your baby quickly gets used to daytime and nighttime sleep and distinguishes between them. you need to put it on a daytime sleep in the light, and at night. in the dark.
Many parents want to put their baby to bed quickly and without tears. But the reality is that the baby is not always in the mood to calmly go to bed. In this case, some resort to Richard Ferber’s Cry It Out (CIO) method. It is based on the fact that parents allow the child to cry for a certain period of time, that is, as much as he wants.
The idea is simple: if your child gets used to the fact that you feed him or rock him every time before bed, he will not learn to fall asleep on his own. And afterwards, when he wakes up at night, which is part of the natural sleep cycle, he will worry and cry instead of falling asleep again. Conversely, if your toddler learns to calm himself before bed, he can use that same skill to allow him to sleep peacefully through the night.
What prevents a child from falling asleep?
There are many factors that affect your baby’s comfort. In the list of the most important, you need to highlight:
Other rows, such as a tummy ache or teething, should be considered separately, but remember that such unforeseen circumstances can also be.
Let’s start with the first one. The baby can sleep alone in his crib or with his mother. In any case, make sure that he is comfortable. Pay attention to the mattress. It should be new, even and rigid, since the spine of the newborn is not yet fully formed. In principle, for older children, such a mattress will also be more useful than a soft one.
Up to 2 years old, it is very important that the crib is as empty as possible, that is, without additional pillows, blankets, soft toys, for safety reasons. It is better to cover the baby with special blankets, blankets, or use special sleeping bags. If the baby sleeps alone, take care of the protective bumpers, and if with you. put the child between you and the wall, naturally protecting him from injury.
Next is the point about the temperature and humidity conditions in the room where the baby sleeps. It must be understood that this is the direct guarantee of good sleep. So. The temperature in the room should not exceed 18 °. 20 °. Humidity. 40-60%. And to quickly put the child to bed, try to simply open the window after all the preparations. Light airing of the room promotes better sleep. You can do this in other rooms so that the air circulates where the baby sleeps. The main thing. do not make a draft, and also do not forget about a good choice of clothing for sleep. Do not swaddle your monthly babies too much. You can read about this in the previous article on the Babyphotostars blog.
The production of the sleep hormone directly depends on the level of light in the room. melatonin. Its synthesis stops in bright light, so at night it is advisable for children to sleep in complete darkness, so sleep will be stronger and more useful.
A night light up to 2 years old can only be useful for a mother, since she often gets up to a baby, but after this age, the first childhood fears may appear. The fear of the dark can be solved by adding dim garlands, nightlights and lamps to the room so that they have a predominantly warm light. If we talk about daytime sleep, then you do not need to create complete darkness in the room. just dim the lights a little to get the child to tune in for a quiet hour.
It’s no secret that babies sleep peacefully under various noises: the sounds of TV, conversations of adults and even a working vacuum cleaner, but wake up. only from sharp loud sounds. Already as they grow older, their sleep becomes more sensitive, therefore, if possible, it is better to put the baby in a separate quiet room.
How to put your baby to sleep during the day?
We have already discussed some of the recommendations for laying the child in the afternoon, we focus on a few:
Children do not always fall asleep quickly, this happens due to improper regimen, insufficient physical activity or overexcitement during the day. Poor sleep in children can also be caused by an unventilated or noisy room, a lot of light, insufficient exercise, a poor schedule, and so on.
And remember, when there is a certain sequence of actions and a regime is established, putting the child to bed is much easier. In order to control the duration of a child’s sleep, this age plate is useful:
Why does a child not want to sleep in the evening and how to put a little “tumbler
Many parents complain that it is simply impossible to put a baby up to a year at night in a crib without tears and tantrums.
The main causes of insomnia in children
First of all, with daily tantrums before bedtime, it is worth consulting with a neurologist and a good pediatrician to rule out any health problems. If you are convinced that everything is good on the physical side, consider other options.
- you had guests;
- on that day I had to visit a children’s clinic;
- the baby is teething;
- tummy hurts;
- he was playing too much and just not ready to go to bed.
Think about whether today there was an overabundance of impressions, crying before bedtime can be a kind of “relief” of stress and accumulated emotional stress over the past day.
If tantrums before bedtime are not one-time, but systematic, this is repeated from day to day, you should pay attention to what happens shortly before sleep.
Excessive play, reading books for too long or prolonged water procedures. all this can have a calming effect on some children and promote sleep, while on others, on the contrary, it can be exciting. It turns out that the baby cannot come to his senses and calm down, and they are already trying to put him to bed.
Another reason why a child cannot sleep is the psycho-emotional atmosphere in the family. If adults find out in a raised tone of the relationship, swear, what a calm state you can talk about in a child! Try to put off all quarrels for later and create a favorable family environment. All kids are very impressionable and perfectly feel what is happening around.
Also important is the internal state of mom and dad, who put the baby to bed, if you are tired and feel irritated, you want to put him to bed as soon as possible and do other things, then he does not fall asleep on purpose.
But if you relax and try calmly, without haste to stroke the baby, read him a fairy tale, while speaking in a balanced voice, then the child, feeling the calmness of an adult, will stop worrying himself, relax and calmly fall asleep.
How to put a child to sleep without tears
If a child does not want to sleep in the evening, pay attention to his external state, everyone knows that a falling asleep baby starts rubbing his eyes, yawning, becomes “lethargic”, and it is this moment that is important to use.
If the mother hesitates a little, then the child, as they say, will “go overboard.” In other words, the mother misses the moment when you can calmly put the child in the crib without hysterics.
Create a specific ritual. a series of actions that you will repeat constantly in the evenings.
- bathe your baby at the same time;
- give him warm milk or mixture to drink;
- sing a lullaby;
- read the tale.
It is very important that the sequence of actions is constant, then the baby will be half asleep when you put him in the crib, all that remains is to stroke his back, say a few gentle words in a low voice, and the baby is already asleep.
Train Your Cat to Let You Sleep
- Use comfortable bedding and sleepwear, and avoid rough fabrics.
- Shortly before going to bed, ventilate the room in which the baby will sleep, it will not be superfluous to wipe the dust.
- Make sure that the air in the apartment is not dry, which often happens during the heating season, you may have to purchase a humidifier.
- Do not abuse heating, in a too hot room with “stale” air, the baby is unlikely to be able to sleep peacefully.
By following these simple guidelines, you can put your baby to sleep without tears, keeping his nervous system in a calm state. Avoid advice that the child needs to be allowed to “roar” and then he will probably fall asleep quickly, so you will only “reward” the baby with an unstable psyche.
Try to organize a healthy and restful sleep so that your baby can take a break from the experienced sleep and gain strength for new discoveries tomorrow.
If you are one of those mothers who are overly afraid for their child, then read these tips. And for those parents whose children do not eat well, we have separate recommendations.
We sincerely wish your baby to grow up healthy and delight his family with a good mood.!