How to rinse your dog’s eyes at home
The dog’s eyes should be cleaned at least once a week, and the intensity of the procedures should be increased with the active accumulation of secretions. Treatment is carried out with the help of drugs; home remedies can also be used for prevention. Before starting work, prepare cotton pads, a rinse aid and a treat to reward the dog after manipulation. All movements should be smooth, slow so that the pet does not feel stress and aggression.
When to be alert?
Dog eye care should be regular, it is advisable to carry out examinations weekly, as well as after each long walk in the woods, areas with a large number of bushes. You should be wary when purulent discharge of a yellow-green hue appears. They can appear due to the following reasons:
- viral or bacterial infection;
- violation of the growth of eyelashes, the structure of the eyelids;
- chronic blepharitis, conjunctivitis, or keratitis.
In rare cases, profuse tearing is observed with allergies of any nature, dirt and dust, corneal injuries. The main signs of vision problems in a dog are:
- narrowing of the palpebral fissure;
- very frequent blinking;
- the animal rubs its head with its paws;
- redness of the mucous membrane, bursting vessels;
- swelling of the eyelids.
In practice, it is conjunctivitis that is the most common cause of suppuration. This is an inflammation of the outer lining of the eye. Appears against a background of infection, mechanical damage or regular dirt.
How to train your pet for the procedure
To avoid stress or aggression during washing, the procedure should be carried out from puppyhood. Hold the dog very carefully, avoiding strong pressure. After each manipulation, offer your favorite treat as a reward for good behavior. It is advisable to carry out eye care at the same time weekly, so that the animal gets used to the procedure.
Step-by-step algorithm of actions
You need to be careful when using pharmacy products. They can cause discomfort, tingling. How to rinse your dog’s eyes:
- Fix your head and hold your torso firmly. Small breeds can be wrapped in a blanket, towel.
- Soak a cotton pad in a medicinal solution. Wipe your eyes with it, moving from the outer corner to the inner part. You cannot put pressure on the eyeball, replace the disc when it dries.
- If dried crusts have accumulated, they must first be moistened. moisten the required area with a cotton pad or a napkin heavily moistened with the solution. And then rinse your own eyes.
Some products come in the form of drops, which makes it easier to treat the eyes. With two fingers, slightly push the eyelids apart, drip the required amount of the drug into the upper corner. Simulate blinking by closing and opening the eyelids with your hands.
If you use the drug in the form of an ointment, then pull the lower eyelid with your hand, squeeze a small amount onto the mucous membrane. Close your eyelids to blink. Immediately after the procedure, offer the dog a treat to distract the pet from discomfort.
In practice, a variety of solutions are used to rinse the dog’s eyes. Among them there are finished medicines, as well as alternative methods. In order not to be mistaken with the choice of solution, it is recommended to consult a veterinarian. Examination by a specialist is required in case of profuse purulent discharge for a long time.
Ready-to-use rinsing products
A veterinary clinic or pharmacy sells special products for dog eye care. They do not require ready-made dilution, the active substance is contained in the dosage optimal for the animal. Usually prescribed for the treatment of eye diseases, after surgery to prevent complications. For example, with blepharoplasty. Effective drugs:
- Diamond eyes. Veterinary antiseptic drops for the treatment and prevention of ophthalmic diseases. Chlorhexidine in a reduced concentration acts as an active ingredient.
- Tsiprovet. Antibiotic drops for dogs. The agent is used to treat bacterial conjunctivitis and corneal injuries with severe suppuration.
- Albucid. Drops with sodium sulfacyl in the composition. Possesses a powerful antimicrobial effect, it is recommended for the therapy and prevention of conjunctivitis.
- Tobrex. Antibacterial drops for the treatment of infectious eye diseases, with inflammation. The duration of treatment and the frequency of use is prescribed by the veterinarian, depending on the clinical characteristics.
- Solcoseryl. A healing gel with a regenerating, healing effect. Suitable for trauma treatment.
The choice of a specific solution, its dosage and treatment regimen should be carried out by the attending veterinarian. It is undesirable to independently treat the dog with Miramistin or any other strong antiseptic without knowing the proportions for preparing the solution.
Why you need to rinse your dog’s eyes
In dogs, discharge periodically accumulates in the inner corners of the eyes. Normally, they should be colorless or have a grayish tint. The presence of a watery fluid indicates the normal operation of the lacrimal apparatus, which is necessary to moisturize the cornea, mucous membrane.
Due to the peculiarities of the anatomy of the paws, dogs cannot clean their eyes on their own. Therefore, regular maintenance should be carried out by the owner. Washing allows you to avoid suppuration, the development of dangerous infectious diseases. Carefully approach the procedure for the owners of the breeds:
- with large, drooping eyelids;
- with bulging eyeballs;
- with a brachycephalic head shape;
- with thick and long hair in the area of the eyelids, on the head.
In addition, with age, pets have a pronounced dullness of the cornea. This is due to a decrease in the production of lacrimal secretions. This feature increases the risk of chronic conjunctivitis, blindness and accumulation of purulent discharge.
To avoid dangerous ophthalmic diseases, suppuration and early corneal opacity, simple preventive measures should be followed. Helpful hints:
- systematically cleanse the eyes of pus, rinse with chamomile, sterile water or saline;
- while bathing, avoid getting shampoo on the mucous membrane, which can irritate the mucous membrane;
- monitor the length of the hair in the head area, thin out eyebrows in a timely manner;
- treat chronic diseases, adjust the daily diet, taking into account taste preferences, age and physical activity.
For some breeds, it is recommended to carry out an operation to change the length and area of the eyelids even in childhood (Shar Pei, Basset Hound). Blepharoplasty improves the appearance of the pet, avoids serious problems in the future.
When should a veterinarian perform the procedure??
Any damage to the organ of vision, if not taken in time, can lead to serious complications. It is worth contacting a doctor when the following symptoms appear:
- The dog rubs its face and eyelids with its paws, while it may whine.
- There is soreness in the area of the organ of vision.
- Visible mucous membranes are red, dilated vessels are visible.
- Puffiness is noted in the area of the upper and lower eyelids.
- Large number of expirations.
- The pet squints the affected eye.
- The general state is depressed, appetite is reduced or absent.
Pathologies that symptoms may indicate:
- allergic reactions;
- ingress of a foreign body;
- irritation by chemicals;
- viral infection;
- pathology of the urinary system;
- hormonal abnormalities;
- improper eyelash growth;
- pathology of the eyeball and its structures.
Special means for rinsing
- Diamond eyes. Drops are used for prophylactic and therapeutic purposes for conjunctivitis and various infections of the organ of vision.
- Espree lotion. veterinary hygiene product.
- Ophto-Lavas solution is intended for hygienic purposes, has a calming effect.
- Oftal (from Beaphar) is suitable for daily processing and rinsing.
When you can do it at home?
Treatments can be carried out at home in such cases:
- The general condition of the pet has not changed: the dog is active, willingly walks and plays, appetite and thirst are preserved.
- Body temperature within normal limits (37.5-39.0 °).
- The animal does not experience discomfort in the area of the organ of vision (it does not rub it with its paws or on foreign objects, it calmly allows its eyes to be examined).
- Conjunctival color is light pink, moist.
- Discharge rarely accumulates and is brown or light gray.
- In older animals, over the years, the cornea becomes cloudy, the lacrimal fluid is released less, but at the same time, mucopurulent outflows accumulate. Such pets need to regularly flush so that there is no pus and further complications.
Some dog breeds require extra hygiene throughout their lives:
- Brachycephalics (boxer, pug, bulldogs).
- Saggy-eyed animals (basset hound, mastiff, spaniel, cane corso).
- Bulging-eyed breeds (Pekingese, Chihuahua, Japanese Chin).
- Pets “with bangs” (Scotch Terrier, Giant Schnauzer, Yorkshire Terrier, West Highland White Terrier).
Algorithm of the procedure
- Prepare all the necessary instruments in advance (cotton pads, a syringe without a needle, rinsing solutions should be at a comfortable temperature).
- Hands are washed thoroughly, if necessary, wear disposable medical gloves.
- The pet is called to him and seated (representatives of small breeds can be put on the table).
- They fix the animal’s face with the left hand so that it does not twitch. With the second hand, rub the eye with cotton wool dipped in the prepared solution. The movement is carried out from the outer corner to the inner (towards the nose).
- If at one time it was not possible to remove all the dirt, the steps are repeated using a new piece of cotton wool.
- In the presence of purulent crusts on the eyelashes and eyelids, they should first be softened by applying a cotton pad for a few seconds, or dropping directly onto the problem area of the hygiene product.
- The second eye is treated in the same way.
- If it is necessary to wash the wound on the eye, the eyelids of the animal are gently closed with two fingers and sanitized. For this procedure, you can use a solution of Chlorhexidine or Miramistin.
Which solution is best for rinsing your dog’s eyes, and how to do it right?
How can you rinse your dog’s eyes at home? Basic recommendations are useful if the pet is not very worried about it. But, if there are other symptoms, it is worth showing the animal to the veterinarian.
Throughout life, the eyeball is constantly moistened with tear fluid. In addition, the tear performs a protective function, washing out foreign objects and pathogenic microorganisms from the organ of vision. By the amount and nature of the discharge, it can be assumed whether the animal has health problems or everything is normal.
- 0.9% sodium chloride solution. The most affordable tool for the procedure. Saline solution is used for copious rinsing and removal of contaminants.
- Furacilin. To obtain a concentration that can be used for the procedure, you need to dissolve 1 tablet (20 mg) in 100 ml of sterile distilled water. The solution is used to wash the eyes of a dog with inflammation of various etiologies.
- Chlorhexidine solution can be used to rinse the dog’s eyes by diluting it to a concentration of 0.01%. To do this, take 4 ml of the drug and add 16 ml of sterile saline solution.
- Miramistin can be used to rinse a pet’s eyes at its original concentration. It is used for dogs as part of complex therapy for various pathologies.
- A decoction of chamomile flowers. To avoid getting plant particles into the prepared solution, it is better to buy the drug in special brewing bags. 1 filter bag is immersed in hot water (200 ml) and left to infuse for 15 minutes. Cool the finished broth before use. You can rinse with chamomile for various pathologies, as well as for the purpose of daily hygienic cleaning.
- Tea brewing is the most popular folk remedy with which you can rinse a festering eye, as well as remove ordinary mucous secretions. Tea processing is carried out a few hours after its brewing.
The juice of this plant has an antibacterial effect. It removes toxins, normalizes metabolism and even strengthens the immune system. In addition, Aloe juice is an anti-inflammatory agent.
The plant is unique in that it is a storehouse of nutrients and vitamins A, B, C, E. It contains calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, phosphorus and many other minerals. Anthrachionins, which are also sourced from Aloe, have analgesic effects. And aloeic acid itself has antibiotic properties.
The juice of this houseplant is used in the fight against eye diseases. glaucoma, conjunctivitis and cataracts. They are treated with inflammation of the mucous membranes, hyperopia and myopia. However, before starting therapy with Aloe, it is necessary to consult a specialist. Some components can provoke an allergic reaction.
You can rinse a dog’s eyes with Aloe juice, but this is a little difficult, its consistency is very thick and looks like jelly. Therefore, before starting the procedure, it is recommended to dilute the juice with boiled water and then strain it thoroughly.
Boric acid is a colorless substance that resembles crystals or small scales. She does not have any smell. Also known as Boric alcohol. solution in ethyl alcohol.
This acid is dangerous if used uncontrolled. It tends to accumulate in the body and be excreted after 12 hours.
The lethal dose of boric acid for an adult is 15-20 g, for children. 5 g. Average for 1 sachet.
For the dog, you must first prepare a solution of boric acid. 1/4 teaspoon of the powder is added to boiled water with a volume of 200 ml, then thoroughly stirring until completely dissolved. The finished infusion must be drained.
How to care
The owner of a four-legged friend should periodically rinse his pet’s eyes with special solutions. So it will remove excess secretions or crusts. Sometimes dogs have increased tearfulness. This happens when the tubules through which the tear fluid is supposed to pass are blocked.
If your pet has purulent discharge, you need to not only rinse your eyes, but also contact your veterinarian. Pus is an indicator of the inflammatory process of the organs of vision and it is extremely dangerous to delay a visit to a specialist, since neglected diseases lead to complete blindness.
Potassium permanganate or potassium permanganate is a solution that has been actively used in medicine for a long time. It is an antiseptic that is used for poisoning, burns, treating wounds and gargling.
A weak solution of potassium permanganate (up to 0.1%) is often prescribed for eye treatment. The price range for potassium permanganate is very wide. Minimum Maximum can go up to almost 400 rubles per 10 g.
Along with its advantages, potassium permanganate has a significant disadvantage. If the solution enters the eye, it may cause serious burns. The substance also has a coloring effect on the environment. In case of a burn, it is necessary to immediately remove the potassium permanganate crystals from the conjunctival sac and rinse it with an infusion of strong tea.
To avoid an abnormal situation, it is necessary to use a weak solution. It is pale pink in color. 1 crystal per 250 ml of water. The crystal must completely dissolve. Additionally, you can filter the resulting infusion.
Strongly brewed quality tea
Tea infusion is the most affordable and most common eye wash. It relieves inflammation, fatigue and tension. Often people prefer to wipe their eyes with tea infusion.
You can use black and green types of this drink. are completely different, on average they are 300-600 rubles for 1 package.
For rinsing the eyes, the dog is advised to use only a mild tea solution. It should be warm or at room temperature, but not hot or too cold. You can replace the cotton pads with used tea bags. They are applied to a closed eye and held for several seconds.
Salt dissolves in water
Eye flushing in both cats and dogs is an effective preventive measure. This is especially true for those dogs that have a predisposition to diseases of the organs of vision (blepharitis, glaucoma, cataracts). Diseases require complex treatment and washing alone is no longer enough. This procedure can significantly reduce the risk of their development to a minimum.
Wipe the dog’s eyes with a napkin
Chlorhexidine is the same drug that is stored in every medicine cabinet. This is a tool that is used for the primary treatment of wounds and cuts. He is prescribed for the treatment of a number of infectious diseases.
Chlorhexidine has a disinfectant effect and has been used in medicine for over 60 years. It is sold in every pharmacy. You can buy it for 10-200 rubles.
In pharmacies, the drug is sold with a different composition: from 0.05% to 20%. Rinse your eyes only with a solution of low alcohol. However, chlorhexidine should not be diluted with water. Failure to comply with these rules is fraught with severe burns of the mucous membrane.
What to rinse
Cotton pads, gauze wipes or lint-free wipes are suitable for the procedure. You should not use plain cotton wool. it can damage the eye, and small fibers can get stuck there at all.
Washing a dog’s eyes at home and what means are needed for this
You need to take care of your dog’s eyes regularly. This is one of the indicators of the pet’s health indicator. In addition, he cannot take care of his visual organs on his own. Therefore, the dog needs the help of the owner. Some breeds require special care due to their physiology.
When rinsing is required
Washing is performed not only for prophylactic purposes, but also for therapeutic purposes. In the first case, the frequency of the procedure depends on the characteristics of the pet, and in the second. on the recommendations of the veterinarian.
In case of illness
When the visual organ is damaged, the body activates the protective function. This is accompanied by an increase in the amount of tear fluid and the onset of an inflammatory process.
The attachment of pathogenic microflora can be recognized by the consistency and color of the discharge. The liquid accumulating in the corners becomes cloudy and turns yellowish-green or brown. When dry, it sticks together the eyelids and eyelashes, preventing easy opening of the eyes.
Depending on the cause of the disease, your veterinarian will prescribe antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, and other medications. To increase their effectiveness, preliminary washing is necessary. Otherwise, the medicine cannot be distributed over the entire surface of the eye.
It is completely normal for a colorless or pale gray discharge to appear in the corners of the eyes after sleep. The accumulating fluid indicates the correct operation of the lacrimal apparatus. It is removed as needed, but at least once a week. frequent cleaning is required for the following breeds:
Pekingese, Pugs and Chihuahuas with bulging eyes;
lapdogs, Yorkies and Shih Tzu with too long hair on their muzzles;
spaniels, shar pei and basset with drooping eyelids;
boxers, bulldogs, Japanese chins and other brachycephalic dogs with a short and flattened muzzle.
Elderly dogs are also at risk. With age, the production of tear fluid deteriorates, so a pronounced dullness appears on the cornea. Lack of regular hydration and rare cleansing are fraught with the development of chronic conjunctivitis and even blindness.
Funds from a human pharmacy
Many owners are interested in whether it is possible to rinse the dog’s eyes with chlorhexidine, since this antiseptic is found in almost every home. Veterinarians give a positive answer to this question, but remind of the need to lower the dosage indicated in the instructions.
Recommendations for the use of drugs from a human first aid kit are as follows:
Chlorhexidine. For four-legged pets, a 0.05% solution is recommended. Before use, it is diluted with water or saline in a ratio of 1: 5.
Furacilin. Another antiseptic that requires preliminary dilution (100 ml of water per 20 mg of the drug). Both forms of release are suitable for washing: tablets and solution.
Miramistin. The only human drug that can be used at its original concentration. Due to the low efficacy of Miramistin, it is usually used as part of complex therapy.
Saline solution. It is prepared from 0.5 tsp. salt and 1 tbsp. warm water. Suitable for the treatment of diseases in the early stages.
Sodium chloride. Saline in a dosage of 0.9% is completely safe for the body and does not require additional manipulations. For processing, just apply it to a cotton pad.
Potassium permanganate. A strong and effective antiseptic with one big drawback. a high probability of getting a mucosal burn. When preparing a solution, it is important to dissolve all crystals and not forget about filtration. Only 1 crystal will be enough for 250 ml of water.
Boric acid. Another crystalline substance that requires increased attention when using it. A solution for dogs is prepared by dissolving ¼ tsp. powder in 200 ml of warm water. Uncontrolled intake is fraught with poisoning, so do not resort to boric acid without a prescription from your veterinarian.
The most harmless drugs include saline (sodium chloride), chlorhexidine, furacilin, miramistin and saline solution. All other medications are best taken under the supervision of the attending physician.
For a daily procedure, homemade folk remedies are also suitable. The most popular of them are the following:
Chamomile infusion. Relieves inflammation, heals wounds and effectively removes impurities. For cooking, you need to brew 1 tbsp. l. dried chamomiles in 200 ml of boiling water and leave to infuse for 15-20 minutes. Before processing, the broth is cooled to room temperature.
Aloe juice. It has an antibacterial effect, removes toxins, relieves pain, normalizes metabolism and strengthens the immune system. Before use, thick juice is diluted with warm water and filtered through cheesecloth.
Tea brewing. It has a tonic and anti-inflammatory effect. For cleansing the eyes, a weak infusion based on black or green tea without additives, which has stood for at least 2 hours after brewing, is suitable. In addition to cotton pads, tea bags themselves are also used.
Please note that all folk remedies are used on the day of preparation. Otherwise, they turn sour and acquire an unpleasant odor.
The disadvantages of the listed recipes include their low effectiveness and a high likelihood of allergies. It is recommended to check the reaction of the body on a small area of the skin before treatment. Depending on the consequences, it will become clear how you can wash your dog’s eyes, and what is better to refuse.
How to rinse a dog’s eyes at home
A very effective remedy used to rinse out the eyes. It is prepared with salt, which must be dissolved in water. After its complete dissolution, it is ready for use.
The method of using saline solution is no different from the above methods.
Chlorhexidine based solution
Chlorhexidine is a powerful antiseptic used in various fields of medicine. Extensive use is due to the active component of the drug. chlorhexidine bigluconate. It is also used in ophthalmology and is especially recommended in the fight against conjunctivitis.
It is not recommended to cook it on your own due to the increased aggressive properties of the constituent components when interacting with mucous membranes. You can buy a ready-made aqueous solution at the pharmacy, represented by 0.02% or 0.05% concentration.
Rinsing is done with closed eyes with a cotton pad. In this case, it is necessary to rinse the eyes with movements directed from the outer corner to the corner located closer to the bridge of the nose. This is to flush out the pus.
Attention! The product should not come into contact with the surface of the eyeball. If this happens, you need to quickly rinse the eye with plain water.
It is necessary to wipe the sore eye 5-6 times during the day. This solution is not recommended for people prone to allergic reactions.
Eye wash solutions
There is a lot of controversy about what you can and how to properly wash your eyes. Someone advises using only folk remedies, someone trusts the advice of doctors, and someone, sometimes, acts on their own convictions.
Therefore, in order to have an idea of what kind of drugs and other means are used to wash the eyes, you need to familiarize yourself with their properties and the correct methods with which you can wash your eyes.
Basically, the controversy is around the following rinsing solutions based on:
- Medicinal plants;
- Salt water;
- Hydrogen peroxide;
- Boric acid.
Boric acid solution
Such a solution is best used when suppuration is found in a child.
The preparation process consists in the fact that one teaspoon of the drug is dissolved in boiled water.
Important! Children can only rinse their eyes with 2% boric acid.
The baby’s eye is wiped with only one cotton pad and only once. After that, he is immediately thrown out. When rubbing, hands move from the outside of the eye to the inner corner of the eye.
Miramistin solution does not need to be prepared on your own, as it is available in every pharmacy. It is applied to a cotton pad and wiped on the affected areas of the organs of the visual apparatus.
Miramistin-based solution is used for conjunctivitis, as well as after surgical operations.
Boric acid solution
For its preparation, it is best to take medical boric acid. It must be dissolved in boiled or distilled water. One teaspoon is enough.
Rinsing with boron solution is carried out by applying cotton swabs soaked in it on closed eyelids. If pain is found in both eyes, each tampon should be used individually and only once. Boric solution is suitable for washing the eyes with conjunctivitis and other inflammatory processes.
How to wash your eyes at home
Rinsing is a fairly common method of relieving fatigue, removing tension from the eyes. Often, washing with various solutions is practiced when foreign bodies get into the eyes, as well as in the fight against ophthalmological diseases. Often parents ask how to wash the eyes of a newborn at home? There are a considerable number of similar solutions.
However, most doctors do not recommend rinsing your eyes at home with alcohol solutions, potassium permanganate and the like. All of these products can cause eye burns, as well as other negative effects on vision. If you want to avoid this, then it is better to use drops for eye treatment. In any case, be sure to consult with a specialist.
We provide the following list of flushing products for informational purposes only.
Hydrogen peroxide solution
There are several recipes for preparing solutions using hydrogen peroxide. But their effectiveness has not been proven. In addition, you should always take into account the fact that this drug has the properties inherent in acids. Therefore, if it gets on the skin or eyes, a chemical burn is possible.
Hydrogen peroxide must not be used to flush the organs of the visual apparatus.
About using drops and ointments for dogs
If a doctor has prescribed eye drops for your pet, then they need to be instilled after preliminary rinsing. So the effectiveness of the procedure will be higher. The instillation procedure itself is carried out in the same way as washing. It is necessary for the liquid to enter the conjunctival sac of the dog’s eye. To do this, the lower eyelid should be slightly pulled back with the thumb of the left hand, and 1-2 drops of the medicinal liquid should be dripped with the right. Eye ointments should be placed behind the lower eyelid, applying a single strip, 0.5-1 cm long. After the introduction of drops or laying the ointment, it is necessary to close the eyelids of the animal and gently massage the eyes so that the drug is evenly distributed over the surface of the conjunctival sac and the cornea.
An important point! It is necessary to maintain the interval between washing and instilling drugs for at least 5-7 minutes. If we are talking about instilling two different drugs in a dog, then the period of time should be at least 20 minutes. It is strictly forbidden, without the recommendation of a doctor, to use drugs intended for people to wash the eyes of pets.
About washing the eyes of animals
So, before starting the procedure, you must first prepare everything you need: sterile gauze wipes or cotton pads, solution, infusion or water. It should be noted that this manipulation is not pleasant, so it is better to carry it out with an assistant who will hold the dog. If there is no such person nearby, then you need to securely fix the pet, for example, wrap it up in a towel or put it in a carrier from which only the muzzle will stick out. Wash your hands with soap and water before starting the procedure.
If the dog has crusts in the eyes, soak them first. To do this, soak a napkin in a previously prepared liquid. Wet closed eyelids and the area around them. Wait a little, then gently and painlessly peel off the crusts from the coat. If your eyes did not open after that and are still closed, then do not try to open them with your fingers. In this case, you will need the help of a specialist.
When you have chosen a cotton pad, then wipe the dog’s eyes with closed eyelids, moving from the outer to the inner corner of the eye. In this case, for each use a hotel disc and repeat the manipulation 2-3 times. Finish the procedure by rubbing the organ of vision with a dry cloth in the same direction.
How to rinse a dog’s eyes at home
Every attentive owner should take care of the dog’s organ of vision. Sometimes the pet’s eyes need to be washed for hygienic reasons, sometimes to eliminate inflammation. How and what should be done?
How to Rinse an Eye
How to wash the eyes of dogs?
All rinsing products are divided into special pharmaceutical preparations and simply suitable home remedies. The first are Ai Voss solutions, Ofto-Lavas, Camomile lotion, Beaphar oftal augenplege.
Suitable for washing the eyes of pets with sterile saline solution (0.9% sodium chloride solution), 0.01% chlorhexidine, 2% solutions of boric acid and furacilin. You can also use light pink potassium permanganate, strong black tea, chamomile or calendula infusion. The latter are prepared by pouring a tablespoon of dry raw materials into ½ cup of boiling water. After a 30-minute infusion, the liquid is filtered.
If there are no herbs and other aforementioned remedies in the house, then you can rinse the organ of vision with ordinary boiled water.
How to Clean your dogs eyes
Any liquid you use to clean your pet’s eyes should be used warm. After all, cold preparations for eyes prone to inflammation can play a cruel joke, and instead of cleansing, you will provoke inflammation.
So, you can cleanse your pet’s organ of vision with different fluids, tracking the dog’s reaction to them.