DIY Barbie evening outfit
A more interesting option would be to combine an evening dress with a ball gown. In this model, the petticoat is double, consisting of a pipe-shaped base and a fluffy tulle skirt. At the same time, the upper part of the product is simple in terms of cutting and sewing. The following pattern is suitable for sewing such a model:
In any case, the image of a “socialite” for Barbie is guaranteed.
Patterns and order of sewing clothes for a doll on your own
To please your baby with new outfits for your favorite doll, you should learn how to make doll things yourself. Understanding how to sew clothes for dolls is not difficult, given a few nuances. It is necessary to decide for what kind of doll the outfit will be made, as well as what it will be. For any model, you can use the patterns of real dresses, but reduce them in size.
Retro hat and bag
A retro hat can be crafted using the following pattern:
Additionally, it is worth using an awl to fix some decorative elements. And sew the bag as follows:
The main thing is to keep these accessories in the same color scheme.
Elven baby doll outfit
An elven princess can look different. But you can create a unique outfit from bright shiny fabric. It can consist of a top and loose panties.
The outfit will resemble an oriental princess costume.
T-shirt for Minouche Petitcollin
If we consider how to sew a T-shirt for a Minouche Petitcollin doll, then it is enough to use a simple sketch:
At the same time, the finished product will look completely unique and resemble a factory product.
Overalls for a male dog
To find out the width of the insert between the two halves of the overalls on the dog’s belly, subtract the difference in these areas, between the real parameters of the pet and the flat pattern.
- Assembling the jumpsuit
To assemble the jumpsuit, use the instructions below
The insert is grinded in several steps:
- The zipper is sewn in, starting the sewing process from the neck. Sew to the dog’s armpit and secure with a knot.
- Start sewing on the area under the belly, sew a stitch on a typewriter to the groin, fasten the thread.
- Start sewing the insert to the back leg to its center (for bitches).
- Cut a fly on the insert if we sew overalls for males.
- Next, the insert is sewn from the throat to the hole for the tail (D-G-B-G).
- The dart must be laid on the belly so that the overalls better fit the dog’s body.
- The fly is grinded (bias tape is applied).
- Also process the opening for the tail with an oblique inlay. Provide in advance darts in this part of the overalls.
- Trim the hole for the neck with a bias tape and sew in a loop on one side of the neckline, and sew a button opposite. Alternatively, drawstrings or Velcro straps are acceptable.
- Shorten the legs, taking into account the height of the dog, sew along the edge of the elastic, leaving a slight slouch over the elastic for the comfort of the pet’s movements.
Ready-made version of overalls for a boy’s dachshund
You can envisage two-layer clothing. the jumpsuit itself will be made of water-repellent fabric, and the inner layer will be made of soft flannel.
How to sew clothes for a dachshund and a toy terrier with your own hands
Before starting the sewing or knitting process, you need to take measurements from the small model.
How to knit a jumpsuit for a girl’s dog
- Knitting needles. Needles on the line are preferable.
- Yarn (150 grams). mohair, wool, semi-wool, angora. The leftovers of wool from past needlework will come in handy.
- Pin big
Below is a master class for making a knitted jumpsuit.
Modeling: changing the finished universal pattern
If the skills in modeling clothes are minimal, and you want to build an outfit for your pet, you can use a universal pattern with a comfortable cut.
Universal pattern of overalls for dogs
- You need to get a sheet of paper (it is better to take a soft one) of the following size:
- length. DS10 cm
- width. OG10 cm.
- Fold the sheet in half, getting a rectangle with sides DS10 and (OG10) / 2.
- Mark the line of the dog’s forelimbs at DOL5 from the narrow edge.
To make holes for the paws, it is necessary to retreat half the distance between the front paws from the fold mowing line on the sheet.
- Put a sheet with a pattern on the tailed model, pin the edge of the “pattern pipe” on the dog’s back with pins. Darts are required where the pattern does not fit the body. This is, as a rule, the abdomen, neck. These darts, laid down on paper, are subsequently taken into account when cutting is performed. 3-4 darts are usually laid on the neck, two of them fall on the chest, and the rest will be on the back.
- The dog’s belly will also have darts in the area of the hind legs.
- At the end of the work, the length of the future costume is specified. Blouses are made longer on the back than in the abdomen so that they do not interfere with the dog during a walk.
- After adjusting the pattern, the paper is removed from the dog.
A universal pattern is useful when you need to design a jumpsuit, blanket, sweater for a dachshund or that terrier. For the jumpsuit, you will need to supplement the pattern with pants and sleeves.
Style 12 : How to make Cat Clothes | DIY Pet/Cat Clothes | With Pattern
Knitting the main canvas
After the elastic, knit the fabric with front loops, adding evenly 6 loops in each front row. This is done 5 times.
Knitting the front legs. Trouser leg
They begin to knit after 12 cm from the neck-elastic band.
- To do this, knit 19 loops and remove them on a pin.
- From one more ball, 10 new loops are recruited onto the knitting needles, the next 19 loops are knitted and 9 more new loops are recruited. These 38 loops (the beginning of one leg) are knitted with a front stitch 6 cm.
- Then knit three rows with a 1 × 1 elastic band. Close the hinges. The first 19 loops are thrown from the pin to the right knitting needle and 19 new loops are recruited from a new ball to them. this is the base to the 1st leg. Then knit 7 loops from the left knitting needle.
Knitting the front legs. Trouser leg
new loops are recruited from one ball and a second leg is knitted from these 38 loops.
- Collect 19 loops for the base of the 2nd pant leg from the ball, which knit the middle 17 sts, and knit the 19 loops remaining on the left knitting needle.
- Then they knit 9 cm straight, then they begin to evenly decrease: in 1. 3 rows. 4 sts each, in 4 and 5. 5 sts each.
- 71 stitches remain on the needles. Knit further straight 24 cm, and in the next front row add 10 p.
Knitted clothes for dachshunds are easy to make and practical, just like sewn from fabric
Vyvyazlnie panty for hind legs.
- To do this, knit in shortened rows in the front rows: knit sequentially 32 p., 31 p., 30 p., 29 p.
- From a new ball, knit the same loops from the other edge of the part. After that, all 81 stitches. Knit 4 rows. Then knit 32 sts, next 17 sts. close and knit the remaining 32 sts.
- One side of the detail: knit in shortened rows. from 32 stitches knit sequentially 27, 26, 25, 24. In the next row of 32 stitches, knit the first 16 stitches with an elastic band 1 × 1. 2.5 cm (the rest of the loops remain on the left spoke) and close them.
- For the leg, dial 13 sts from a new ball, with the same thread, knit 16 sts from the left knitting needle and dial 13 more sts.With 42 stitches, knit 7 cm, knit the last 3 rows with an elastic band 1 × 1 and close the loops.
Patterns and step-by-step instructions on how to sew clothes for a dachshund with your own hands
In the article I will teach you how to make clothes for dachshunds with your own hands, I will explain how to measure an animal, what materials to choose to sew or knit a jumpsuit. I will consider the most suitable clothing models for the dachshund and explain how to adapt the universal pattern to the individual parameters of the pet. I will give a size table and step-by-step instructions on how to make a vest or winter jumpsuit for a boy and a girl’s dog.
How to build a pattern and sew clothes for a cat?
The jumpsuit pattern is the most difficult. Other types of clothing for cats can be sewn according to the same pattern, simplifying it and discarding unnecessary elements.
The pattern consists of the following elements:
Cat jumpsuit pattern
- Back. Consists of two symmetrical halves. left and right. In the center of the back, the parts will not be stitched, but connected with a fastener. The width of the upper part of each piece is equal to 1/4 the circumference of the neck, the lower part is 1/4 the width of the pelvis. The widest part is at chest level. On the sides of each of the halves, armholes are cut out in accordance with the measurements made.
- Tummy. It is made from a single piece of fabric, cut out along the fold. It has the shape of a wedge with a truncated top, on the sides there are semicircular cutouts for armholes of sleeves and legs.
- Sleeves. Paired rectangular piece. When cutting it out, they are guided by the girth of the front leg in its upper part. The sleeve can not be narrowed down, but left free and put on an elastic band along the lower cut.
- Pants. Cut out in the form of a trapezoid with a top rounded in the shape of the armhole. The width of the upper part corresponds to the girth of the thigh, the leg is free at the bottom, with an elastic band along the lower edge.
Parts can be sewn in the usual way or with an overlapping zigzag stitch. The second option is preferable, because in this case the joint will be softer and will not rub the cat’s skin. After connecting all the parts, a fastener is made. The safest types of fasteners are Velcro or buttons. It is undesirable to use a zipper for these purposes, since it is easy to pinch the animal’s fur or skin between its teeth. At the last stage, the neckline and bottom are processed with an oblique inlay, elastic bands are inserted into the cuffs of the sleeves and trousers.
Why does a cat need clothes??
Street cats and many purebred cats have thick fur with an undercoat that keeps them warm even during winter walks. However, there are breeds with a modest coat or none at all. As a rule, these are elite hybrid cats, whose ancestors lived in Southeast Asia or on the African continent.
Their natural habitats are characterized by hot weather and lack of winter. In a climate where individuals with short hair, practically no undercoat, survived better. In addition to natural selection, breeders worked on these cats, who, by crossing, bred hairless breeds such as the Sphynx.
These exotic animals are in demand in Russia as well. Once in our cool climate, bald cats get chilly and can catch a cold, so owners should take care of warm clothing for them. A jumpsuit or other type of clothing keeps your cat healthy and comfortable in any weather.
How to make a pattern for a jumpsuit or sweater for a cat and sew clothes with your own hands?
The body of cats is usually covered with a beautiful fur coat, which becomes even thicker and warmer with the onset of cold weather. However, some representatives of the feline family are deprived of a thick coat, therefore, they need additional insulation. You can warm your cat without causing any discomfort using special clothing.
The cat suit has a simple cut, so no great tailoring is required to sew it. Do-it-yourself outfits will cost much less than ready-made counterparts. How to correctly measure and make a pattern for a cat? What materials and tools will be needed for sewing?
Jacket or vest
Many cats cannot get used to a suit with sleeves and flatly refuse to wear it. In this case, you have to look for an alternative way to warm your pet.
A vest or sleeveless jacket is a versatile type of clothing that will suit even the most obstinate animals. It warms up the cat, practically without restricting its movements. An additional plus is a pattern and sewing technology that is simplified compared to overalls.
It is recommended to sew a vest from soft fabrics or from a ready-made two-layer quilted material consisting of fabric and padding polyester. In order to build a vest pattern, it is enough to remove the following dimensions:
- neck circumference;
- chest circumference;
- the distance between the forelegs, measured across the back;
- girth of the upper part of the front leg;
- distance from collar to rump or base of tail.
The pattern of the vest, fastened on the stomach, consists of a back cut along the fold and symmetrical front halves, on the sides of which semicircular armholes are cut out. The lower edge is cut off with a bevel, taking into account the anatomical features of the cat, so that the back is slightly longer than the front. When cutting out, add 2 cm to allowances from each edge. You can use a zipper for the fastener, but it is better to use a safer Velcro or buttons.
- stitch the details along the side seams;
- overlock seams or overcast by hand;
- sew in a zipper, if required by the model (Velcro and buttons are attached at the last stage of work);
- trim the edges of armholes, necklines and bottom with a bias tape or soft tape.
Another option for comfortable clothing for a cat is a hand-knitted sleeveless jacket. It is knitted from soft, non-prickly yarn with knitting needles or crocheted. The neck area is knitted with an “elastic” pattern. Knitted fabric is much more elastic than regular fabric, so the vest can be made without a fastener. In this case, it is put on the cat over the head, passing the front legs into the armholes.
Jumpsuit for a bald cat
There are two main options for cat jumpsuits:
- Long with sleeves, legs and back closure. This model looks very much like clothes for small dogs. Usually it is sewn from two layers: the top and the insulating lining. The lower edge in the abdomen has a small cut in accordance with the anatomical features of the animal. Not all pets feel comfortable in such a closed outfit.
- Semi-overalls. This model is shorter, there are no legs. The bottom edge of such a garment reaches the groin at the bottom and the base of the tail at the top. Cats feel freer in it.
What measurements should be taken and how to do it?
To create a pattern, you need the following parameters:
- neck girth (ОШ);
- chest girth (OG);
- waist circumference (OT);
- back width (ШС);
- width of the pelvis (pcs);
- back length (DS);
- length from collar to foot (DOL);
- collar-to-chest length (DOG);
- length from waist to ponytail (DTK);
- sleeve length (DR);
- girth of the front leg (OPL);
- hind leg circumference (OZL).
Blanket for a cat
This type of clothing is usually used not for warming, but to protect certain parts of the body from licking. The blanket is worn on cats that have recently undergone surgery. This limits the animal’s access to the area of the seams, which it will seek to lick.
Another reason for using blankets is for wounds or other skin lesions that bother the cat and need to be treated with medication. In this regard, the blanket is much more reliable than any bandages that a flexible and dodgy cat can rip off of itself within a few minutes.
The simplest blanket can be made from a piece of cloth the length of a cat’s torso. On the sides, you need to cut notches for the front and hind legs. The blanket is placed on the stomach and fixed with three pairs of laces that are tied around the neck, as well as in the area of the shoulder blades and sacrum.
Another model can be made from a turtleneck sleeve or a knitted blouse. The narrow part of the sleeve will wrap around the neck of the animal, and holes should be cut out on the sides for the front and hind legs. This design reliably covers not only the abdomen, but also the entire body of the cat, which is very important in the presence of long stitches or damaged skin areas.
To make a bathrobe with a hood for bathing, you will need to cut out a rectangle with sides 16 x 29 cm. On this rectangle you need to make cuts for the armholes. To do this, set aside the length of 18 cm. Divide this fishing line into three parts. 5 cm (right shelf), 6 cm (back), 5 cm (left shelf). On the back cut line at the beginning and end, set aside 3 cm upwards and make cuts.
Bend the edges of the shelves by 0.5.0.7 cm and iron with an iron.
Make top seam. This is the formation of the hood.
Robe sash can be cut from T-shirt neckline.
Trying on a robe with a hood and tying a belt.
Cut two 11×15 cm rectangles from knitted fabric
Fold two rectangles together and arrange the armholes at a height of 4-5 cm from the top (cut off the triangle on both sides).
Make an incision on one of the pieces 6 cm long.Sew the side seams.
DIY Cat Hoodie | Measure and Make
Attach a tie under the allowance and sew an allowance to the dress.
Attach seam allowances on the back of the dress. Collect the details of the dress with a drawstring.
You can tighten the top of the dress on the drawstring.
Summer long jumpsuit
Cut a rectangle measuring 18 cm (width) x 23 cm (length).
Fold a knitted rectangle as shown in the photo.
Cut a strip 1 cm wide at a height of 12 cm from the lower mowing line, forming (rounding) the line of the seat.
Make cuts for armholes 4 cm from the top of the part.
Unscrew the part to the wrong side, make the inner seams on the legs. Make shoulder seams 2 cm long and a seam on the back, not reaching the top of the jumpsuit 3 cm.
Try on a jumpsuit with a print on a doll.
To make the panties, you need a rectangular piece of knitted fabric measuring 9 cm in length and 7 cm in width.
This is how the straightened part looks like.
Fold the part in half again, right side inward.
Straighten the folds and make side seams.
Iron your panties. Hem and iron.
Turn the panties right out and try on the doll. If the panties fit freely along the mowing line of the waist, then they can be sutured. To do this, increase the seam allowance closer to the mowing line of the waist, achieving a tighter fit of the panties.
How to make clothes for barbies
How to make barbie clothes for beginners to sew.
To make summer clothes for the doll, you can use an old knitted T-shirt. In order to make clothes for a barbie, minimal skills in sewing and cutting are required. Therefore, even children of primary school age will be able to sew the proposed things.
First of all, you need to equip the workplace. You will need a table free of objects and a comfortable chair, good lighting. You will also need:
- fabric for patterns, tracing paper;
- knitting yarn, crochet hook or knitting needles;
- several types of fabrics. basic, lining, finishing and insulation;
- adhesives needed to strengthen various cuts;
- sewing machine;
- tailor’s chalk and accessories: zipper, Velcro, buttons, buttons;
- trimming tape, fringe, lace, appliques;
- threads of different colors, needles, scissors.
Not all items on the list may be useful. But having a pattern, accessories and material, you can already start working.
To keep sphinxes or other short-haired pets from freezing, you can sew a soft fleece or jersey jumpsuit for them. So that the seams do not irritate and do not press on the skin, it is better to bring them to the front side of the product, trim them with a beautiful braid.
The same pattern, but only in a more simplified form, with straight lines instead of curved, is suitable for a knitted product.
Costumes made from fabrics purchased for this purpose look great on sphinxes. But no less attractive are the outfits made from the owners’ old sweaters. In order not to injure the skin of pets, choose fabrics that do not accumulate static electricity when rubbed.
In order to understand whether a capricious sphinx will like the fabric, you need to wash it with an odorless product, dry it and place it on a cat’s bed. If it does without excesses, it means that you can sew clothes from it.
How to make clothes for the sphinx
You can use one pattern for sewing different clothes. Different in quality and properties of fabrics, different accessories, finishes will give several options. It should be borne in mind that:
- home outfits should be as loose and soft as possible, it is better to sew them from old things;
- suits and overalls for walking should be made of waterproof fabrics.
Elegant dresses and suits, tuxedos for pets are sewn from expensive materials, use jewelry.
The construction of any pattern begins with taking measurements. You will need a special centimeter tape, three parameters are measured:
- neck girth (ОШ). measure the thickest, lower part of the neck;
- chest girth (OG). measurement is carried out under the front paws and along the body;
- product length (CI). measure the distance between the bases of the neck and tail.
However, the product may include a collar and sleeves. Then a number of additional measurements are carried out:
- neck length (LW). the distance from the base of the neck to the ears;
- trunk girth (OT). measured along the lower abdomen, in front of the hind legs;
- OPL and OZL. the girth of the front and hind legs, take into account the indicators of the widest part.
Important! When constructing a pattern, length measurements are taken in full size, and the girth indicators are divided in half.
How to take measurements correctly
In order to sew clothes with your own hands, first of all, you need to know the size of the dog, which means take measurements.
Important! All measurements are taken from Jack Russell in the “standing” position.
The hardest part of this activity is to make the restless Jack Russell stand still while you take measurements. To simplify and speed up the process, make basic labels. Tie a ribbon or thin elastic around your pet’s neck where the collar is usually worn. One more. around the body just behind the front legs and the last. in front of the hind legs, in the thinnest place. These marks will help you measure correctly, even if the dog does not want to stand still.
- neck volume. around the neck at the first mark;
- breast volume. according to the second mark;
- the volume of the abdomen. at the third mark;
- the distance from the first mark to the third on the back (for blankets, sweaters, vests);
- the distance from the first mark to the base of the tail along the back (for overalls);
- the distance from the first mark to the beginning of the front legs along the chest;
- the distance between the front legs along the chest (measuring tape parallel to the floor);
- the distance from the first mark to the third along the chest (for a boy) and almost to the end of the abdomen (for a girl);
- the volume of the front and hind legs;
- paw length (for sweater and overalls).
Based on these measurements, build a pattern on paper, cut it out and attach it to the dog. So you will have the opportunity to correct it, if necessary, before transferring it to the fabric. Based on this pattern, you can model many more new things for your pet.
Super hero costumes, three-piece costumes, butterflies, dresses and tutus are used in the warm season and exclusively for any event, celebration, photo shoot, or attending themed events. Such things make passers-by smile, touch the owners of other dogs and can irritate your.
With the onset of the first cool autumn days, Jack Russell cannot do without a knitted sweater or vest, especially on morning walks or evening walks. Knit can be of different weights. a thin cotton jumper for warm day walks and a thick woolen or mohair sweater for cooler weather.
For those who want to make do-it-yourself knitted clothes for Jack Russell, you can use the following scheme:
In the warm season, when going out into the countryside or for a walk in the park, do not neglect special clothing. To avoid tick bites, wear a lightweight but dense fabric jumpsuit with welt cuffs. Usually such things are done in light colors so that the parasites can be clearly seen.
Jack Russell Terrier Clothes
Clothes for Jack Russell, like for other dogs, have a specific purpose and seasonality.
Clothes for jack russell terrier do it yourself: how to take measurements, build patterns, sew, knitting patterns
The Jack Russell Terrier breed belongs to hunting. strong, hardy, unpretentious dogs in care. Nevertheless, animals living in city apartments as pets often fully adapt to comfortable conditions of detention and lose the characteristics inherent in their breed. Small short-haired Jack Russell needs care and additional protection from wind, rain, cold.
The huge assortment of seasonal and decorative clothing offered by sellers has only one, but rather significant disadvantage. a high price. With minimal sewing or knitting skills, you can refuse to buy a ready-made thing. Sewing or knitting clothes for Jack Russell with your own hands is not difficult. Try to start with simple things and you will see how little effort it takes to keep your pet stylish, trendy and healthy thanks to your care.
On frosty winter days, a lean short-haired Jack Russell cannot do without a warm jumpsuit. Winter clothing should be made of dense, but sufficiently soft and elastic fabric with a warm lining (artificial fur) or with insulation (synthetic winterizer, synthetic winterizer, holofiber). First of all, a dog must feel comfortable and free, especially as active as the Jack Russell Terrier. Clothing should not interfere with the movement of the animal, should not irritate or distract during play or training.
For colder weather, you should choose clothes based on your pet’s temperament and the nature of your walks. If the dog is active, you go for a run, training or plan to play with a ball or frisbee. give preference to a blanket. A simple cape with a fastener does not hinder movement, does not interfere with the dog, and at the same time is open enough so that the animal does not overheat during play.
For a calm, measured walk, choose a closed jumpsuit made of lightweight fabric, lined with a bike or flannel, or from a thick waterproof raincoat fabric. Such a jumpsuit will also serve as a raincoat. In damp, rainy and slushy weather, it will not only warm the dog and prevent it from getting wet, but will also allow you to avoid full bathing after a walk.
Cut and cut
Clothes pattern for a cat includes 3 basic measurements:
Neck circumference. measured closer to the body, under the “Adam’s apple”.
Body length from the end of the neck to the base of the tail.
Chest volume. just behind the front legs.
Additionally, the length of the body (see the figure), from the front to the hind legs (4), the width of the front legs (5) and the girth of the pelvis (6) can be measured. These parameters are required for outfits of any style. They can be made in the form of a sweater, vest, blanket or other piece of clothing. It all depends on the wishes and capabilities of the owner.
If a person has little idea how to sew clothes for a cat, he can use a sleeve from an old sweater or jacket. Clothes that are already loved by the animal are especially suitable. An outfit made from a product that the pet has chosen as a bed will reduce the likelihood of “rejection”.
Many cats are “nudists” by nature, and a thing made of the material on which they are accustomed to rest will cause less desire to rip it off.
When deciding how to make clothes for a cat from a sleeve, a person just needs to cut a piece of the appropriate length and make holes for the paws. These procedures are enough for making a primitive outfit from linen. In addition to the holes, strings are cut or sewn on. In addition, the elements of the cat’s wardrobe can be knitted.
The prototype for more complex items, such as equipment for the exhibition, will be the clothes for Basik the cat, the patterns of which are easy to find on the Internet. Outfits for toys can be easily adjusted according to the aforementioned tags to match a real animal. If the garment is intended to be worn for a long time, it is important to ensure that it does not interfere with your natural needs.
DIY clothes for cats
Materials for patterning clothes for a cat
It is better to use natural fabrics and threads. For summer clothes, for example, to help protect sphinxes from overheating, cotton material is suitable in its pure form or with a slight admixture of elastane. Stretching is an important property of a cat’s wardrobe.
Animals actively move and bend, so the hard tissue will create discomfort. Consideration should also be given to the material’s tendency to generate static electricity on contact with wool or other surfaces. It will be unpleasant for the animal to receive regular shocks. The material should not fade or be prone to deformation during washing.
Pets may need clothing for practical and aesthetic reasons. Basic wardrobe items are easy to make yourself. The owner can use his own old clothes or new fabric. DIY clothes for cats, patterns of which can be found on the net or made on your own, are sewn quite simply.
In many cases, the only tool you need is a pair of scissors. The main thing is for the animal to fall in love with the new thing. Cats show the wonders of acrobatics by getting rid of unpleasant outfits. When making clothes, you need to make sure that the animal likes both the material and the style.
It is important that the cat feels comfortable. Things should bind paws, interfere with trips to the tray or other daily activities. If the outfit meets these criteria, the pet will happily wear it, or at least with less disgust will perceive the need to dress.