Weaning an animal is excrement
By acting comprehensively, the owner will be able to better understand his pet and wean him from the bad habit. To do this, you will have to radically reconsider your relationship with the dog:
- change the diet;
- use more game moments;
- sign up for training courses.
This will make your pet’s life more interesting and fulfilling. Depending on the cause that led to the disorder in the behavior of the dog, the method of elimination will vary.
When the first cases of coprophagia appear, you need to show your pet to a veterinarian. This is necessary to exclude possible pathological processes in the body that provoke the development of the desire to eat the feces of their relatives.
Important! The lack of protein components and B vitamins forces animals to look for sources in other foods, and often they become human waste products.
Problems caused by the lack of mineral components in food take an unusually long time to correct. This is why it is important to keep your dog on a leash at all times when walking with your dog. It is necessary to entertain the animal as much as possible with various games and physical exercises for training.
It is not recommended to leave the dog unattended for a single minute. You can occupy the mouth of an animal with your favorite toy and forbid it to be released without the permission of the owner. Professional trainers recommend attracting her attention with treats and toys. As soon as during a walk the dog is defecated, it is immediately necessary to distract its attention with a command, after execution it is necessary to praise the dog and, without waiting for it to change its mind, take it away from that place.
Noticing that the pet is eating its own or other feces, it is not recommended to persuade, chase the dog or call it loudly. Cynologists advise you to just go to the dog, clearly and loudly say the command “No!” You can add a loud and harsh sound to the command (clap your hands), and then take the animal away from the scene of the “crime”.
Cynologists abroad came up with the idea of adding monosodium glutamate or pancreatic enzymes to the animal’s food. This allows you to change the taste of feces and the animal is disgusted to touch them.
If an adult dog is inclined to eat its own excrement, you can add laxatives to food, because there is an opinion that animals do not eat liquid stool. But only after consultation with a specialist.
How to wean a dog from eating excrement. 8 surefire ways
Eating feces by a pet, either of its own, feline or human, causes the owner to feel disgust and disgust. Weaning a dog from eating excrement is extremely important not only from the point of view of aesthetics, but also to prevent various diseases that a pet can pick up as a result of coprophagia.
Developing a reflex in a puppy
Small puppies begin to eat excrement due to a lack of enzymes and minerals. When puppies eat feces, the necessary microflora is created in the intestinal tract. It is necessary to pay serious attention to the diet. It is much more difficult to wean an adult dog from eating excrement than a small puppy. Nevertheless, zoopsychologists have proven that there is a fact of coprophagia with fear of punishment.
If a small puppy is constantly punished when committing a “dirty” deed, then in most cases he develops a reflex to eat his own waste products in order to avoid punishment. This problem is complex, so its eradication should also consist of several stages.
An important role in eliminating the problem is played by the correct education and training of forbidding commands. “No!”, “Fu!”. Even if the dog remembers very quickly what can and cannot be done, the owner should not lose vigilance and train the pet daily. In extreme cases, you can muzzle the dog for a walk, which will prevent the dog from picking up garbage and feces.
Causes of coprophagia
A large number of infectious diseases of viral etiology can be transmitted from sick animals to healthy ones through feces. feces and urine. In addition to helminthiases (infections with helminthic infestations), eating excrement can cause parvovirus enteritis. The causative agent of this type of disease is able to maintain its virulence for 12 months in feces.
An equally dangerous disease for both pets and their owners is leptospirosis and toxoplasmosis, which can affect the central nervous system of animals. But before you start fixing the problem, you must first understand the reasons that prompted the four-legged pet to do this.
Veterinarians and scientists still do not know the exact reasons that can induce an animal to eat feces. But there are a number of factors that contribute to a behavioral problem.
- Imitation. In frequent cases, young puppies start eating feces in an effort to imitate their mother’s behavior. It is so laid down by nature that a whelping female for a whole month after the birth of offspring destroys the waste products of her puppies. It is likely that babies mimic their mother by picking up their own and other feces.
Remember! Without eliminating this behavior in a timely manner, it becomes a habit and is very difficult to correct.
- Instincts. The animal destroys the products of its vital activity, proceeding from its natural instincts, laid down by nature in order to destroy the smell and cover its tracks. Fear associated with a possible attack on the pet itself or on the owner of the animal.
- Uncertainty. There is a hypothesis that the dog begins to pick up and eat excrement on the street due to uncertainty. The animal destroys other people’s marks, leaving its own. This is due to the lack of a sense of leadership in their territory.
- Severe lack of attention from the owner. Dogs cannot speak, so they show their emotional state by actions. The dog begins to bark or whine loudly when it demands attention. The same applies to eating feces on the street. after all, the owner will definitely start scolding him for such behavior, and will pay attention.
- Diet disorders. Unbalanced and improperly composed monotonous diet. The dog instinctively tries to replenish the reserves of microelements, minerals and vitamins that are missing in the body. The cause of the violation is excessive overfeeding, a mixed diet (ready-made and natural foods), feeding a dog with only meat, an excess of treats, feeding fatty, salty foods and bones.
- Diseases of the digestive system. Potential gastrointestinal problems may cause an adult dog to eat its own feces. The reasons may be helminthic invasions, infectious processes of the digestive tract.
- Lack of proper upbringing. A completely healthy dog in physical terms, with a properly balanced diet, can eat feces. To correct this behavior, you need to seek help from specialists. cynologists who will help eliminate the problem.
How to stop your dog from eating cat feces
It is not uncommon for dog owners to encounter a problem when a pet seeks out and eats only cat feces. This behavior is due to the fact that cat food is rich in proteins, unlike dog food. This is not surprising, because a large amount of protein is dangerous and harmful to the dog’s body. Increased protein leads to the development of pathological processes in the renal structures.
If your dog eats feces from a cat that shares an apartment with it, it is recommended to place the litter box out of reach of the dog. Otherwise, the dog with cat feces will eat the litter box.
As a result, acute intestinal obstruction may develop. Treatment of such a problem involves only surgery. Getting used to eating feces at home, she will continue to do this in other places.
How to stop your dog from barking using the distraction method?
Very often, the tailed ones react violently to the arrival of guests or extraneous noises at the entrance or at neighbors. In this case, the technique of distracting the pet from the barking object helps a lot. For example, if your pet began to vigorously voice at the newly arrived guests, just call him to you and ask him to perform a few commands. “Sit!”, “Lie!”, “Paw!”.
After the pet has completed several commands for you, you can use the guests and ask them to give a paw to each of them. After that, it is important to reward the four-legged for calmness and correct execution of commands. An important aspect for the success of this method is the behavior of the guests. Warn family and friends not to react to joyful barking, but to contact your pet only when it is in a calm state.
How to stop your dog from barking at night: redirecting energy
It’s no secret that a dog is an active and energetic animal, it requires a lot of attention. If you are trying to figure out how to stop a dog from barking at home at night, then this method is definitely for you. First of all, it is worth increasing the duration of walks, especially in the evening. You can also dilute walking with various active games, for example, the classic “aport” or dog-frisbee. They will be a great addition to daily walks and will help exhaust your pet before bed.
How to stop a dog from barking: parenting mistakes
Often people make a number of serious mistakes that only exacerbate the situation:
- Screaming as a means to calm your pet. Quite often, the owners of the four-legged begin to raise their voices and shout threats in order to stop the barking, but the loud sound even more excites the pets and makes them bark twice as hard. It also gives them feedback, which is often the very purpose of barking.
- Assault. In no case do not raise your hand against your pets. Remember, once you dreamed of your four-legged friend, especially since his love and devotion to you is boundless.
- Irregular training. It takes regular practice to be successful at anything. So in training: weaning a pet from the habit of barking is possible only through regular and persistent training.
- Indulging. Often, in an attempt to stop barking, we are ready to follow the lead of our favorites: quit all our affairs and start playing with them, give the coveted piece of sausage from the table, get out of bed in the middle of the night and go for a walk outside. But all this only negatively affects the upbringing process. The tailed beast understands that you can be manipulated, which means that there will be no end to barking.
- Indifference to the reasons for barking. To eliminate this habit of your four-legged friend, you first need to listen to him. Perhaps this is how he communicates his painful condition. Pay attention to your dog’s behavior: what makes her worry and voice.
With patience, consistency and avoiding the above mistakes, you can overcome your pet’s bad habit. The best way to correct undesirable behavior in dogs is training and regular exercise.
Ignore method for correcting unwanted barking
Here we are talking about those cases when the pet begins to manipulate its owner. During loud barking, you should be patient and not even show a negative reaction with the demand to shut up. Remember, a negative reaction is also a reaction. Pay attention to your pet only when he is calm, while remembering to praise him. Do not react if the tailed beast gives a voice with a desire to treat yourself to the master’s cutlet from the table, and in no case should you encourage such behavior. Otherwise, you run the risk of instilling in him the habit of eating from the same plate with the owner and the situation will repeat itself over and over again.
Why a dog barks at home: the main reasons
Below we list the most common ones:
- Disease. Before complaining about your pet. take a closer look at him, perhaps this way he lets you know that something is bothering him. If the barking does not stop even at night and during meals, it is better to contact your veterinarian, so you can not only exclude the variant of the disease, but also prevent it at an early stage, if there is still cause for concern.
- Excited state. It can manifest itself both negatively and positively. The doorbell, the owner’s return home, the game, the thunderstorm, the cat passing by. all these factors affect the emotional background of the pet and can provoke barking.
- Fear. This is perhaps the most common reason for barking in tetrapods, with its help they take a defensive position and make it clear that they are ready to fight back. For this reason, dogs bark when they are alone at home or in a confined space.
- Lack of attention. Loud barking can be a sign of a desire to attract attention. This is especially true when you leave your pets alone at home.
- Aggression. Do not forget that dogs have a very developed guarding instinct. They are called upon to defend their territory and their masters. In order to wean your pet from barking at home, you need to have patience and make a lot of effort.
How to stop a dog from barking at home?
Sooner or later, every owner of a four-legged friend is faced with uncontrollable, prolonged barking. This behavior of a pet brings a lot of negative emotions: sleepless nights, sidelong glances from neighbors, headaches and increased irritability. If you are familiar with all this firsthand, then, for sure, you have already thought more than once about methods of dealing with unwanted barking. In this article, we will tell you in detail about several effective ways to wean a dog from barking over trifles at home. First you need to understand the main reasons for barking.
Weaning a dog from barking using the surprise effect
There are times when the four-legged cannot be calm, it seems that you are powerless, and barking can no longer be tolerated. In this case, there is a proven and simple method to confuse the screamer. grab him by the ears, but do it carefully. It is best to first check this method on a calm pet, and if a positive reaction follows, then you can safely take the method into service. After touching the ears, the tailed ones often fall into a stupor and stop barking, and you will have a few seconds to switch your pet’s attention, for example, to a toy.
Wean the dog to bark at home using the command “Quiet!
An important point here is that together with the “Quiet!” it is necessary to teach the pet the command “Voice!”. So you can clearly demonstrate the difference between these two states.
While walking or at home, wait until the four-legged barks and command “Voice!”, Then carefully cover his mouth with your hand so that he would be silent, and command “Quiet!” Success must be backed up with a treat in order to record a positive response from your pet. After a while, when the pet gets used to this command and calms down without your help, the treat can be canceled, but do not forget to praise him for his successes. a pat on the head or a simple “fellow” will be no less pleasant praise.
The key to success here is regularity. the more often you repeat the same actions, the faster your four-legged friend will develop the habit of responding to the command correctly.
Why do dogs bark a lot??
It so happens that as soon as the guests call the intercom, the dog living in the apartment goes into hysterical barking and does not stop talking until they come and stay in the apartment for some time. Also, the dog can show violent emotions, staying alone at home.
How to Get a Dog to Stop Barking When You Leave. A Complete Guide
In fact, there are usually two reasons for unrestrained barking in dogs: a lack of communication and new information, as well as an imbalance of character (that is, excessive emotionality), and the root of these reasons is the same. self-doubt and the resulting fear.
This situation always arises through the fault of the owners. “But we do not like our souls in our dog and are ready to do everything to make him feel good!” many will object. But, giving the pet endless love, they forget that they are dealing with a creature with their instincts and needs, which are often very different from human ones.
Do not forget that a dog is a gregarious and deeply hierarchical creature. Each pack always has a leader. the strongest, the smartest, the most successful in the hunt, the one who bears responsibility for each member of the pack, so that they feel safe. However, at the same time, the leader enjoys many privileges: he eats his prey first (while others have no right to approach him closer than 10 meters), he chooses the best female for himself and, of course, none of the members of the pack has the right to challenge his decisions. And if someone wants to do this, he will have to prove his superiority by accepting the battle. At the same time, you need to understand that subordinates do not feel humiliated in relation to the leader. On the contrary, knowing that there is someone who provides them with protection and sustenance, who makes decisions, they feel calm and comfortable. And all this is inherent in every dog at the genetic level. whether it is a giant St. Bernard or a tiny Chihuahua.
The human family in which a dog lives is its flock, at least that is how it perceives its people. Growing up, the puppy tries to determine its place in this pack. And if he sees a strong and self-confident person who can always insist on his own, without resorting to cruelty, the tailed teenager happily swears allegiance to him. However, if people spoil the puppy since childhood, satisfy all his “want”, treat him delicious and do not stop lisping with him, then there can be two options: either the dog decides that he is the leader, or he cannot determine his place in the pack (if punishment alternates with pampering, which happens most often). In the first case, growing up, he simply ceases to take into account the needs of the owners and begins to dictate his conditions to them, and in the second he becomes nervous and insecure. Often, especially in small breed dogs, this is expressed in excessive “verbosity”. That is, by barking, they show dissatisfaction with the owners, whom they consider to be their subordinates, or, not having a strong leader nearby to rely on, they are afraid of everything in the world and express their insecurity in the form of hysterical and often aggressive barking.
It’s never too late to change this situation.
How to stop a dog from barking
And sometimes this loudness becomes the reason that people, under the onslaught of complaints from neighbors or their own insomnia, are forced to abandon their four-legged friend, because no matter how much you scold for excessive “talkativeness”, everything is useless.
However, there are ways to stop a dog from barking in vain, and now we will tell you about them.
Take control of your dog.
Sometimes it is enough for a dog to feel a strong hand to stop being nervous from the arrival of guests. Strong means not cruel, but confident.
Try this exercise. Ask someone you know to ring the doorbell or intercom, or make some noise on the stairs, that is, create the irritant to which the dog reacts violently. Before that, take your pet on a leash (no harnesses!), Moving the collar closer to the head, under the throat. there is a more sensitive place, and the dog will feel more fully contact with you, which will give her confidence. A slip loop collar works well for this exercise. If, during a call or a noise, the dog tries to voice, pull the leash sharply and briefly so that he feels discomfort on his throat. This will tell him your displeasure. At the same time, keep yourself calm and confident, in no case be nervous and do not fuss. dogs are excellent empaths and instantly adopt the mood of the owners.
How to stop your dog from barking and howling at home when it is alone
No matter how much we love our beloved pets, none of us is ready to listen to their deafening gratuitous barking for hours or, worse, howl.
And imagine what emotions these sounds evoke in our neighbors, who may not feel any warm feelings at all either for animals in general, or for our dog in particular? But we are forced to listen to all this cacophony, the fire, how much in vain and the source of the sound, and its owners.
What to do if your dog breeds roulades and arias when he is alone at home?
Experts who understand the intricacies of canine psychology recommend starting by finding out the reason for this behavior. Simply by removing the symptoms (for example, with the help of an electronic anti-barking collar or even by cutting the vocal cords. they also practice this), we will only drive the problem deeper.
Animal psychologists identify four main reasons for a dog’s barking when it is left alone. Each reason has its own way of solving the problem.
Severe stress from a change of scenery
Dogs are very sensitive to any change in their usual circumstances.
Moving to another apartment, the appearance of another pet on their territory (or the introduction of an animal on someone else’s territory), a sharp change in your schedule. all this can deprive the dog of confidence in its safety and well-being.
If the dog has a strong character, and in general is quite resistant to all kinds of stimuli, such changes are unlikely to make him nervous. But if your pet is prone to being overly emotional, you may have trouble barking and howling.
In order for the dog to stop stunning its neighbors, you need to calm it down. If your dog is worried about changing housing, do not leave him alone in the new apartment the next day. Try to spend some time with your dog before leaving. Plan the move so that you have a few days off ahead, which will be enough for the dog to understand that now everyone lives here, and not she alone, which they decided to leave here.
Problems can also arise with a sharp change in your lifestyle. If you used to be at home almost all the time, and now go to work for the whole working day, the dog may panic. Try to arrange at work to be able to work half a day at first. this will make it easier for the dog to adapt to your absence from home.
Get your households, friends and relatives to help. Let someone stay with the dog at least for a short time at first.
The dog is afraid of being abandoned
Common problem among sheltered dogs, abandoned by former owners, picked up on the street.
Having experienced a strong shock in their lives, such animals in most cases become very strongly attached to their new owners. At the first stages of living together with a person, such attachment can be downright painful. the dog on the street constantly clings to its feet, fearing to get lost and again lose care and a warm corner.
There are often cases when the owners simply cannot leave the dog for a minute. she starts a real hysteria.
Over time, all these problems go away. Some dogs calm down after a month or two, others need six months. everything is very individual. Again, a lot depends on the sensitivity and temperament of the dog.
How to teach an injured dog to be calm about temporary separation from you?
You need to let her know that you are leaving for a short time, and you will definitely return.
This exercise is helpful. Get ready, dress so that the dog sees that you are going somewhere, and leave. Just not far. In the most difficult cases, a five-minute wait at the entrance is enough (just not under the door. the dog is listening to you behind it). Go down to another floor and stay there for a short time. Come back, praise the dog, talk to him. After a while, repeat the exercise, gradually increasing the time of your absence.
This is not a very easy and convenient way. But this is the only way your dog will understand that nothing threatens her with your departure. you have not forgotten her and left her, as once happened in her life. You are a different, real Master who will never leave his dog.
The dog has a lot of unspent energy.
Are your walks with the dog reduced to ten minutes of stomping along the same path near the house? Do not be surprised if your dog, out of boredom, begins to try himself in the role of a siren.
Yes, with such an attitude to walking, you risk not only the discontent of your neighbors, but also gnawed shoes, wires, furniture and other “delights” of keeping a dog that is not given proper attention.
The best way is not to have a dog of active, temperamental, demanding breeds. If you do not have time and opportunities for a full walk, choose calm dogs. pug, Pekingese, poodle, mastino.
But if you have already acquired a “live”, take the trouble to devote time to it. If you do not have the opportunity to spend an hour on a walk, make your walks with the dog more intense. make the pet move more, follow various commands (mental load is also very important). Get a puller. a great way to give your dog a load without spending any effort. If possible in your city, try taking your dog to exercise on a treadmill.
A dog’s natural fatigue is the best way to keep the house calm. And be sure to buy special toys for dogs for your pet. balls, cotton ropes, latex traps and rings. The presence of such toys does not guarantee you peace of mind, but it significantly increases the likelihood that the dog occupied with them will not arrange vocal tests for your neighbors.
The dog needs attention
Perhaps the most difficult case. Often barking and howling dogs, prone to dominant behavior, try to insist on their own. For them, this is a kind of game with the owner in “who will win?”.
Asserting its leadership, the dominant dog will bark until it gets what it wants. And having received, he will learn a lesson: “You need to bark, and then everything will be my way”.
Do not encourage! Often the owners make the following mistake. by punishing the dog, in fact, they approve of its behavior. For example, you close the door behind you, and after taking a step towards the elevator, you hear “” Awff. Awff. Awff. ” You turn around, open the door and start reprimanding the dog for its behavior. But it only seems to you that you are acting like a strict educator. The dog has a completely different logical sequence: I bark. he comes. I’m great, I will force everyone to obey.
In this situation, you need to work in two directions at once. First, it is necessary to engage in the prevention and correction of dominant behavior in the dog. Secondly, to use special means. here the electronic collar “Antilay” may even come in handy. Its essence boils down to the fact that the dog gets unpleasant sensations (light electrical discharge) every time it starts to bark.
But Antilai is by no means a panacea. Many dogs quickly figure out what’s what and stop barking only when they are wearing a collar. As soon as you lose your guard and forget to put it on, the “songs” return. In addition, such a collar can in itself become a strong stress factor, especially if the dog is already prone to excessive stress. We strongly do not recommend to wear “Anti-bark” for a long time, when you cannot control the condition of the dog.
In any case, whatever the reason for the dog’s barking, you will have to be patient and work to fix the problem. If you cannot do this on your own, contact an experienced dog handler or zoopsychologist for help.
And finally, a funny video with a dog playing a Christmas song.
Let your pet only please you with its musical abilities!
What can you do to stop your dog from barking at home??
Tips for dog owners
In order to wean an animal from bothering everyone with loud barking, there are a number of rules and recommendations.
- the pet must clearly respond to the command “Quiet!”;
- special commands should be used to stop the noise. Do not mix up different orders, otherwise the dog will stop following them;
- you don’t need to pay too much attention to him if he speaks. In the absence of the owner’s reaction, the dog will quickly stop barking;
- if the animal is behaving noisily, you should make sure that his requests are satisfied: he is full, he is not cold and he has walked a lot;
- it is undesirable to immediately rush to the pet as soon as it barks, otherwise it will call the owner at every opportunity, including at night;
- no need to scold a dog for barking. She may get angry or stubborn and start making noise even louder;
- if the dog barks at strangers, especially for some unknown reason who are at the door of the apartment or who have come into it, you should not scold him. In this case, it is his responsibility. It is worth teaching him to recognize people and not give voice to the presence of friends and neighbors.
At home, such requirements for the behavior of the dog become a necessity, since numerous complaints from neighbors are often heard. Already a tiny puppy needs to be taught not to bark for any reason. If the baby barks when another inhabitant of the staircase passes by the apartment, he should be silenced.
At the same time, it is undesirable to forbid the dog to voice if a stranger rang at the door or a plumber arrived. Gradually, the dog will learn to distinguish between familiar and unfamiliar smells.
Worry for the owner?
Every pet owner knows that it expresses a range of emotions through its voice. This is an absolutely natural behavior, which is as necessary as speech for a person. With the help of communication, the dog informs the world, the owner and other brethren about his desires and feelings. In addition, in a similar way, the pet gets rid of excess energy. That is why it is necessary to wean the dog from barking at home, because there it will interfere with the inhabitants of the apartment and neighbors. She can be anxious for a variety of reasons: worry that strangers do not get into the apartment, want to take a walk, report the desire to eat, etc. It is very important to find out why the pet barks. Sometimes it signals health problems.
Therefore, before applying educational measures to a dog, you should learn to distinguish between the factors that cause it to give voice. If they are not valid reasons, it is required to educate the animal.
How to wean an animal from barking for no reason
It is necessary to use special measures to prevent the noise that a pet creates in a city apartment. The most effective methods include:
- Pat his ears. You need to train the dog gradually. The touch should please him and soothe him. Then, in moments of aggression or excitement, the animal will quickly shut up.
- Make it clear to the pet that he reacted to the appearance of the stranger correctly, but the barking must be stopped. You should pet the dog, explain to her that the person does not pose a threat to the owners, amicably shake hands with the visitor so that the dog sees that the visitor inspires complete confidence.
- The animal needs to be distracted from undue attention to sounds and smells. You can call it away from the door or window, command “Sit” or “To the leg!” etc. If the pet obeyed, stopped barking and followed the order, it should be praised and given something tasty.
Correction techniques must be applied on an ongoing basis. You cannot forbid the dog to voice today, and tomorrow not pay the slightest attention to the noise. Otherwise, she will simply stop responding to any commands. You need to allow your pet to bunch up on the street. Of course, he should not be allowed to pounce on passers-by, but in a park, forest or wasteland, it is quite permissible to take his soul away. In addition, you should not restrict the animal in motor activity, making sure that it immediately obeys when the command “Come to me” sounds. It is necessary to allow the pet to completely free itself from excitement and negative emotions, as well as to give vent to natural instincts. Then he will return home calm and contented.
My Dog Barks When I Leave Her Alone! Watch Me Train Her To Stop!
The main reasons for barking
Most often, a dog expresses a whole list of emotions: happiness, pleasure, sometimes aggressiveness, discontent and anxiety. No less often, it is a warning and anxiety. This list is really great.
It is natural for a dog to express these feelings. Especially often she experiences them while in the apartment.
She is able to protest against tasteless food, be alarmed by strange sounds coming from the stairs, or just want to have fun.
Weaning a dog from noise in the absence of owners
It is very important to teach the dog to behave quietly at a time when you need to leave, but it is not possible to take it with you. If he remains completely alone in the apartment, then special means should be used.
- Veterinary clinics sell dietary supplements that can calm an overly agitated pet. They include only natural and plant substances, so there is no need to fear for his health. Most often, they include valerian, motherwort, chamomile or Melatonin. They come in convenient dosage forms that can be easily given to a dog. They are especially effective in relation to large breeds, which are not always willing to obey the orders of the owner. Such substances help to reduce the noise level in the apartment if the pet is left alone in it for some time.
- Collars are produced that are impregnated with Citronella extract. They help the dog to calm down, stop barking and howling. The dog feels a sense of pacification and peace, and the substances do not cause him the slightest harm.
- For animals that do not want to obey any commands, special collars with an electroshock element are produced. Few of the owners decide to apply such drastic measures to their pet. When barking violently, the device releases a charge of current that acts on the dog’s vocal cords. This kind of upbringing is inhumane and cruel. It is undesirable for animal lovers to use such a collar. It is better if the dog is difficult to educate, sign up with him for pet training courses.
Even then, when a person decides to take a puppy into the house, it is necessary to be aware that from time to time he will stay at home alone. If this is repeated daily, you need to seriously think about choosing another pet. If, nevertheless, it is decided to acquire a dog, then maximum efforts should be made to wean it from barking. It is required to be sure that as soon as the door closes behind the owner, the dog will not begin to make noise, howl and rush to the door.
Before leaving for work or on business, it is worth taking it out into the street and allowing it to throw out excess accumulated energy so that the animal calmly waits for the return of the inhabitants of the apartment. In this case, it will engage in games, sleeping or looking out of the window of passers-by.
The question of weaning a dog from barking, especially in the house, must be approached very seriously. The first place in her upbringing should be the understanding that she is a very active animal, which requires a lot of space, movement and expression of excess emotions. It is not uncommon for pets to rip the upholstery of a sofa, roll up flower pots, or ruin furniture. Therefore, their upbringing should be comprehensive.
It is necessary to study the possible reasons why the dog behaves noisy, features of his character and the main ways of correcting his behavior. Weaning from barking becomes only part of the general habit of keeping a dog in order, especially in a city apartment.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press CtrlEnter.