How to take a urine sample from a cat?
When a cat or cat is experiencing health problems, it is often required to have their urine sampled. In such a situation, the owner needs to know how to collect urine from the cat for analysis. Such a study is necessarily carried out when there is a suspicion that the cat is sick with urolithiasis. In this case, urine can be given more than once. When examining a dog, such an analysis is not often required and otherwise, so the experience of a dog breeder will not help here.
The veterinarian tries to do this whenever possible. He gently squeezes the contents of the bladder into a special tray. If the attending physician carries out a collection while on call at the pet’s home, urine can be collected in a special bag and delivered to the laboratory in it.
The owner has to collect urine at home when, for some reason, the specialist could not carry out such a procedure. Most often, this phenomenon is due to the fact that the cat at the time of admission to the clinic was with a completely empty bladder or, conversely, there was stagnation of urine, from which the contents of the bladder were already infected. If the clinic collected urine with a catheter, this indicates the need for urgent research. This method is not applicable at home.
Collection method when using the tray
If you need to take a urine sample from a cat, and the owner must provide the material for the study to the clinic, he can choose the most convenient method of collection. When a cat uses a litter box, urine collection is easiest. You just need to collect the urine correctly. Since it is important to ensure the purity of the collected material, always pre-wash the cat litter box, using the following means to disinfect it:
- Laundry soap;
- Hydrogen peroxide;
After that, a clean container or syringe with a volume of 20 ml is prepared in order to immediately collect urine from the cat. The easiest way is to use a double tray with a mesh insert. If the animal is used to the fact that its toilet has litter, constant monitoring of the pet will be required to collect urine. As soon as the cat sits on the tray, the owner must substitute a clean bowl under it. This is not so easy to do, but it is still possible if you constantly follow the cat during the day.
There is also another way to collect urine from a litter box cat. With him, they also closely monitor the animal. As soon as the cat sits on the tray and begins to urinate, he is immediately grabbed by the scruff and, having lifted, they put clean dishes under it to collect the physiological fluid. However, this method is not the best, since with it there is a risk of negative side effects, the main of which are as follows:
- Violation of urination in a cat on a nervous basis due to the fact that acute stress arose when it was lifted by the scruff;
- Leaving further puddles throughout the house due to the fear that arose after the procedure in front of the tray, from which he was abruptly snatched;
- Bladder spasm due to shock from unexpected human actions, requiring separate treatment.
Collecting urine if your cat goes to the bath
Sometimes the cat is accustomed to go to the toilet not in the tray, but in the bathroom or sink. In such a situation, collecting urine is quite simple, despite the fact that at first glance it may seem like a very difficult task. First, the sink or bathtub is thoroughly washed. Do not use detergents. Then, several layers of cling film are covered from the inside so that a depression is formed at the drain.
Use of a urine collector for children
This method of urine collection is especially suitable for hairless cats. For pets with thick fur, the urine collector simply will not hold. You need to buy more than one device at a pharmacy, since it is rarely possible to collect material for analysis the first time. The algorithm of action, when urine is collected from a cat in this way, is as follows:
- After thoroughly washing your hands using laundry soap, open the urine collector, which is a sterile soft bag with a volume of 100 ml;
- Peel off a special protective tape on the adhesive edge;
- Attach the cat urine collector to the area between the anus and genitals. It is important that the urine collector does not capture the anal area, since if the urine contains an admixture of feces, it will not be possible to use it for analysis.
After the cat urinates, the urine collector is urgently peeled off and its contents are poured into a clean, suitable container. Then it remains only to deliver the biological fluid to the veterinary clinic for research. It is important to remember that urine from the collection must be transfused immediately, and therefore the animal must be constantly monitored until a result is obtained.
Urine collection kit
When a cat cannot go to the toilet without filler, and the owner cannot substitute clean dishes for the pet, you need to purchase a special kit for sampling material for analysis. He is an indispensable help in such a situation. The kit includes a special filler made of plastic granules, which does not absorb urine and does not change its composition. Also included in the kit is a special urine collection pipette.
A special filler is poured into a clean tray, on which the pet will urinate. After the urine has been collected, the granules do not need to be thrown away. It is enough to wash them with high quality and put them in a bag for storage. If you need to collect urine again, you can use the same filler. Using a special kit, you can easily collect the cat’s urine for analysis. This method is the easiest and most reliable.
What is important to remember
In conclusion of the topic, it should be recalled that after the urine is collected for analysis, it should be urgently delivered to the veterinarian. The maximum period through which urine can be examined is only 2 hours. If you store it longer, then some of the substances in the material decompose, which is why the research results turn out to be unreliable. Considering this, it is impossible for urine to be collected in the evening, if there is no time to urgently take the material to the veterinary hospital.
Preparing for the trip
In a country house, a cat is threatened by three things: diseases, insects and street troubles.
The first step is to make sure that the cat has received the necessary vaccinations: against rabies, calcivirosis, rhinotracheitis and panleukopia. Do not forget about the annual revaccination if the pet is already an adult.
Check the strength of the fence in your country house: a curious mustache can escape through a small gap. Remove items that the cat might scratch or snag on.
If you are not sure that the fence is invulnerable, consider building a pet enclosure. In such a home, the cat does not have to constantly monitor, and at the same time the pet will be in the fresh air.
Another option for safe walks for a cat in the country is walking on a harness. So the pet will be able to explore the world around it under the supervision of the owner.
Is it worth taking a cat to the country
Not every pet will benefit from such an adventure: a trip to the country house is a lot of stress for the animal. The cat gets used to a peaceful life in the apartment and can be very worried about the change of scenery.
If the trip is planned for the weekend, it may be better for the cat to stay at home.
Do not take too impressionable cats with you to the dacha: they can get sick from worries. Also, do not be surprised by the change of environment for elderly pets, small kittens and pregnant cats.
Leave the cat at home if he is not vaccinated and does not have time to undergo a complex of vaccinations before the trip. Think twice before taking a cat to the dacha during heat: she will run away on a date and get lost.
For one or two days in an apartment without owners, the cat, although sad, will be safer. For a longer period, it is better to give the cat to friends or put it in a cat hotel. Remember to add enough water, feed and close the windows!
If the cat does not belong to these categories, you can take him on a trip. Especially dacha life will appeal to lovers of walks and active pets.
Transportation of a cat to the country
The way your pet is transported depends on the mode of transport: car, bus, train, or your own legs.
If you have to get to the dacha by public transport, you cannot do without carrying. Both fabric and hard plastic are suitable: there are no specific requirements for the bag.
According to the law of January 2017, a veterinary passport is not needed for such a trip. Don’t forget to pay for your furry friend’s ticket.
In the car, carrying is not needed if the cat is calm and one of the passengers can follow him. In this case, it is still better to put a harness on the pet: it is easier to control it this way. The same applies to transportation on foot: if the cat is used to the harness, let him ride in his arms or walk next to you.
For a long trip or hot weather, take some water and a bowl with you, put a diaper in the carrier. Nervous pets need a sedative.
We accustom the cat to the country
When the pet is in the country for the first time, you will remember his first days in the apartment. You will also have to give the cat time to get used to the environment. Do not kick your pet out of the carrier and do not rush.
First, let the cat get used to the house: give him a short tour. Place the tray in a secluded place, pour the food into a bowl. Give the furry a favorite toy to make him feel safe.
If the cat has not been on the street before, he will also have to get used to new sights and sounds. In this case, the cat should only wear a harness.
Cat in the country: safety rules
Summer is a traditional time for trips to the country, and you want to share this pleasure with your pet.
Let’s figure out how to prepare a cat for suburban life.
What to take with you, except for a cat
At the dacha, the pet needs his usual things: bowls, food, tray and filler. Take your cat a favorite toy to make him worry less. You will also need a harness or leash, carrying.
If your cat is allowed to walk, wear a brightly colored collar with a tag. You should write the name of the furry and your phone number on the tag.
At the dacha, the pet definitely needs its own first aid kit. Put iodine or brilliant green, bandages and plasters, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, sedative and disposable syringes in it. See where the nearest veterinarian is and write down the phone number. Just in case.
Wealth of the vegetable garden
Surely vegetables, fruits and flowers grow in your country house. And cats will definitely want to taste it! Cats are the main dacha pests, worse than birds, insects and rodents.
Not every owner wants the cat to rummage through all the carrots, shit in the flower bed and eat tulips. And absolutely no one wants to treat cat poisoning. Shoots of potatoes and tomatoes, as well as bulbous plants, are not at all suitable for food for baleen.
Fences will save the cat from encroaching on the garden. You can also use a gravel and pebble cover: cats really do not like to scratch their paws.
You should also remember about the dangers of garden chemicals: do not use toxic fertilizers if a cat is walking in the garden. Move sharp rakes and other accessories dangerous to the cat away.
We hope your cat doesn’t get into trouble and has a good time!
How many days a cat can live without food and water
Lack of water is more detrimental to a pet than refusing to eat. Without water, an animal can live without obvious health consequences for no more than 2 days.
Cats can survive up to 10 days without food, provided they are constantly drinking water. If the animal does not eat or drink, then after 5 days health problems will begin, up to the failure of vital organs (primarily the kidneys).
In small kittens, the reason for the lack of appetite and lethargy can be any infectious diseases, as well as parasitic infestations (infestation with fleas can even cause severe anemia, which practically does not happen in adult animals). For a small organism, this condition is more dangerous and can be fatal due to imperfect immune system, faster dehydration and weakening of the body.
But stressful situations usually do not have a strong effect on babies. They adapt much faster to any changed conditions and, conversely, show increased curiosity. And if the symptoms of refusal to eat are observed for more than a day, then the reason for this should be sought in another.
Compliance with the following recommendations will help the cat recover faster:
- A calm environment will help your cat to get out of stress. You should not force your pet to play and communicate.
- If your pet refuses the new diet, go back to the old one. If this is not possible, look for other options for cat food (some animals refuse to produce certain brands, so only trial and error can choose the right food).
- Ecto- and endoparasites are destroyed with the help of special preparations. You do not need to use them before visiting the doctor, but in the future it is always better to use them for prevention.
- Inflamed gums can be treated with a solution of chlorhexidine or manganese (slightly pink in color). This procedure is performed twice a day. A piece of gauze is impregnated with a medicinal solution and gently pressed to the problem areas of the oral cavity without pressure. Depending on the area of the lesion, you can also use cotton swabs, pointwise processing the desired areas.
Why does a cat refuse to eat
Reasons why a cat or cat may lose appetite
Desire is natural for any living being. Food gives energy to the body not only for outward activities (any movements), but also for the work of internal organs. Therefore, a lack of nutrition for a long time is detrimental to health.
And now you notice that your pet, which until this moment was active and ate on schedule, suddenly ignores the bowl, and spends most of the time in a drowsy state. The cause of the changed cat’s behavior should be determined in order to provide it with the necessary assistance. Factors leading to a refusal to eat and water, along with a decrease in activity, can be psychological or medical.
The cat does not eat or drink: alarming symptoms that should alert
Sometimes cat owners have to face such a problem: the animal refuses water and food, sleeps all day, its state is lethargic and apathetic. Such a sign cannot be ignored, if only because as a result of such a “diet” the pet can be greatly weakened. But the root of this condition can also be hidden in serious pathology, when urgent measures should be taken.
When to rush to the vet
Within 24 hours after discovering that the cat is not eating or drinking, you should simply observe it, paying attention to other symptoms, if any. But even if, in general, the pet’s condition does not cause concern (refusal of food and drowsiness are the only signs), then it is still worth consulting with a veterinarian, because many pathologies have a latent course (for example, the presence of malignant tumors becomes obvious only in the later stages).
If you have the following symptoms, you should contact your veterinarian as soon as possible:
- Vomiting and diarrhea. usually always accompanied by poisoning or infectious diseases, in addition, they increase the risk of rapid dehydration;
- Temperature rises. it should be remembered that temperatures up to 39 degrees are normal for cats, and only an excess of this indicator indicates a fever;
- Rashes of any type. we can talk about both an allergic reaction and an infection;
- Hair loss. may be a symptom of an infection or parasitic infestation.
The reasons for the psychological plan include various stressful conditions for the animal:
- Moving to a new place of residence. Until the animal gets used to the new home, it may not only not feel like eating, but also not go to the toilet. It is believed that an adult animal can behave like this for 2 days, while its condition does not require correction.
In a new apartment for a cat, everything is still foreign, she needs time to get used to
Usually, even under stress, a cat has a normal body temperature. But the appetite is completely absent, that is, the animal will not even touch the “yummy”.
Another group of reasons for feeling unwell and refusing to eat is associated with the development of a disease. The main factors can be:
- Infectious and inflammatory diseases, accompanied by an increase in temperature. Fighting the infection, the body mobilizes all its reserves, so for several days the pet, indeed, may not eat or drink (like a person, when he feels bad, he may not feel either the need for food or the desire to eat itself).
- Diseases of the urinary system. They are mainly associated with the formation of kidney stones and their movement through the ureters or blockage of the latter. The animal may experience severe pain and not approach the bowl, preferring to lie in a secluded place.
- Poisoning or gastrointestinal upset. A pet can be poisoned not only by poor-quality food, but also by household chemicals. Walking pets have a high risk of eating some kind of poisonous insect or mouse, which in turn may already be poisoned. Against the background of intoxication of the body, the cat does not feel like eating or drinking, but she will have other symptoms (fever, vomiting, diarrhea).
- Injuries. Most often, injuries manifest themselves visually. the animal limps, experiences pain when moving (it can scream or even bite when trying to pick it up). A type of injury can be a foreign body stuck in the throat. But even then the pet will cough, he may have vomiting, wheezing when breathing.
- Diseases of the gums, teeth, oral cavity. At the same time, the animal does not eat or drink simply because it hurts him to do it. Older cats may refuse solid food due to the inability to bite through it.
Gum inflammation in cats is a common reason for refusing to eat
Also, the cause of loss of appetite and lethargy can be:
- Helminthic invasions;
- Infection with ectoparasites (fleas, subcutaneous ticks);
- Allergic reactions.
My cats who went on a spree generally disappeared from the yard for 2-3 days. Maybe somewhere they intercepted something like a mouse, but then they returned thin and hungry. Now they are all sterilized, but sometimes they also go away for a couple of days (I don’t know what matters). During this time, I manage to change my mind, but then they come back and start to eat off and sleep off.
The medical causes are very diverse, each with specific symptoms. An accurate diagnosis can only be made by a veterinarian, and sometimes exclusively based on the results of tests and examinations. Therefore, it is impossible to self-medicate in this case, it is better to rush to an appointment with a specialist.
The main task of the owner is to observe the animal and record various events that occurred before the change in the pet’s behavior and could play a role in its current state. All this information will be needed at an appointment with a veterinarian in order to most fully describe the clinical picture of the cat’s well-being.
What to do if the cat is weak?
Change feed and watch the cat.
In the event that a cat refuses to eat for a long time, has grown thin and weakened, but he has no other manifestations of the disease, then for a period of up to 12-24 hours, the cat should be left alone, as well as change the food. perhaps, refusing to eat only psychological.
However, if at least one negative symptom is added to the refusal to eat and lose weight, you should immediately contact a specialist for qualified help or advice.
In the clinic, the necessary tests will be taken, an ultrasound study will be carried out. all this will help to establish the true cause that influenced such a reaction on the part of the cat.
And also will be held:
- Examination of the oral cavity;
- Feeling of the abdomen;
- Temperature measurement;
A general analysis of blood and urine is necessary to detect inflammatory processes, the presence of parasites, impaired renal function, and diabetes is also established. It is important to remember that if there are suspicions of serious illness, then it is best to start treatment on the first day after the manifestation of negative symptoms.
In the body, inflammatory processes, disturbances in the work of internal organs, and blood diseases can be noted. Painful and unpleasant sensations also affect the lack of appetite and refusal to eat. Such reasons are grounds for concern and immediate contact with the veterinarian.
Increased salivation may be a sign of an incipient illness.
It is important to understand that there is a difference between medical and psychological reasons. So in case of illness, the following symptoms are added to the lack of appetite:
- Slow reactions;
- Lack of mobility and desire to play;
- Difficulty or heavy breathing;
- Discharge of pus;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Change in habitual behavior.
Gastrointestinal problems and other diseases
Similar symptoms may indicate problems with the gastrointestinal tract. indigestion, poisoning, an allergic reaction to a feed component, pancreatitis, problems with internal organs.
In addition, diseases such as:
- Kidney disease (including urolithiasis);
- Vision problems;
- Damage and injury;
- Diseases of the nasopharynx;
- The presence of parasites.
Why the cat does not eat anything, has lost a lot of weight and weakened: treatment and symptoms
Many owners of domestic cats are faced with an unpleasant problem. the animal ceases to eat and drink, and accordingly loses weight and weakens. It is very important to know the main reasons for what is happening in order to take emergency measures and timely contact the veterinary clinic for advice and subsequent treatment, if necessary.
Anorexia in a cat (the cat refuses to eat)
Anorexia in a cat.
The desire to eat arises in the animal if it receives positive emotions, the absence of disease, or as a result of building an associative row, for example, packaging food will make the cat remember about food. Loss of appetite in animals is associated, first of all, with the appearance of a negative factor. a disease that requires immediate intervention by specialists.
Why does a cat eat poorly and lose weight
A moderately well-fed cat suddenly began to eat poorly and lose weight.
The first and main reason for a cat’s refusal to eat and lose weight dramatically is the presence of a focus of inflammation or other disease. Therefore, such a condition can be regarded as a symptom that requires special attention. The reasons for the refusal of an animal from taking food or water are divided into psychological and medical.
Treatment and assistance at home
When treating with antibiotics, it is necessary to determine the sensitivity to antibiotics in the body of the cat.
The main treatment is prescribed by the veterinarian according to the results of the diagnostics and the tests passed, since it is specific for each disease. The chosen therapy is aimed at eliminating not only the symptoms, but also the cause that caused the malaise and, as a result, refusal to eat with subsequent weight loss.
Help at home should be provided after consulting a doctor, since the owner may not recognize the true reason for refusing to eat, therefore, the animal may become worse after self-treatment. It is necessary to closely monitor the condition of the cat, as this will make sure the presence or absence of symptoms. You can slightly heat food (canned meat), so its smell will be stronger. It is important that it is not very hot.
Complete refusal to eat
Try mixing her favorite food and medicinal.
Sometimes a lack of appetite, weakness and weight loss are associated with the fact that the cat refuses new food, for example, dietary food, which is prescribed by a specialist to treat another disease. In this case, you should gradually mix the usual food for the animal with the dietary one. Then the probability that the cat will not refuse food and will be higher.
Many diseases in cats can appear after stress. In this case, the cat is said to have been infected latently.
If it is based on a psychological factor, then the appetite is completely absent. This can happen for the following reasons:
- Moving to another location;
- Change of owner;
- The appearance of a new person in the environment;
- Diet change.
Why do cats wash after eating?
People have long been accustomed to having cats in their house. These cute animals bring a lot of pleasure to the owners with their behavior and devotion. It’s nice to watch the behavior of these pets when they sleep sweetly, play, purr or wash. Do not say, but most likely cats have long been among the most ambitious animals. Why do they wash and often do it after eating, this question, probably, every owner asked himself more than once. Let’s try to figure out what is their cleanliness and why is it needed.
Cleanliness as a guarantee of health
You can often see cats washing and grooming not only after eating. From an early age, they are accustomed to this procedure. Some are taught by their mothers. Others do it on an instinctive level. But both of them are sure to get used to such a ritual. It’s funny to watch when a very tiny kitten tries to lick its paws or muzzle.
Why do cats wash?
There are several factors that contribute to this. For these cute animals to take care of themselves so carefully. So, let’s try to consider the most important of them.
- When a cat begins to lick itself, it kind of stimulates its fur, thereby disturbing the glands. Those at one time during this procedure secrete a special oil secretion. The oil is known to protect the fur from moisture, with the help of licking movements, cats distribute it evenly throughout the body. over, if the cat spends a lot of time under the sun, this secret turns into vitamin D. This procedure helps to protect a beautiful coat and enrich its body with useful vitamin D.
- From a cosmetic point of view, as well as from a hygienic point of view, washing your face helps to take proper care of your coat. As you know, cats are susceptible to infection by various parasites. By washing and licking, they fluff up their fur without providing a breeding environment. Dirt and dead hairs are also excellently removed by washing. Clean cats are much less likely to acquire parasites such as fleas and ticks. The washing procedure does not leave them any opportunity for a comfortable stay on the animal’s fur.
- As you know, the body of most cats is covered with dense fur, unlike some breeds. The function that wool performs can be compared to a thermostat. So, for example, in the heat, it protects from the heat, and in the cold, on the contrary, it warms the animal. The fur itself has something like a layer, which helps cats to control body temperature. When the washing procedure takes place, the animal tries to lay its fur in the right direction. Thus, choosing the required temperature. In the sultry heat, animals also use washing to cool their bodies. Since the sweat glands are located only on the tips of their paws, this is not enough for cooling.
- Another reason to wash cats is to convey warm feelings to each other. From an early age, you can notice this touching and funny procedure when they begin to lick each other. If a mother is a cat is very caring, then over time she will teach her offspring to clean and take care of herself. If several cats with a friendly character live in the same apartment or house, then mutual washing often occurs. By this, they show their love and devotion to each other. You can also notice such a picture, some good-natured cats can lick the hands or face of their owner, also expressing their feelings for him.
- After suffering stress, cats also involuntarily begin to wash themselves. This can be due to fear. Change of scenery or just resentment towards your master. They take a kind of neutral position, showing their indifference to everything that happens. Often cats divide their territories, and the matter is not complete without a fight. Having received these or those wounds, they, having calmed down, begin to lick them, their saliva contains a special liquid that promotes rapid healing.
These adorable creatures of the cat
From all of the above, you can understand many reasons why cats wash their faces. Each owner probably knows his pet better than others. He gets used to his behavior and can easily notice changes in character. So if your cat was very clean and suddenly stops caring for itself, this should be alarming. Or the opposite can happen. The pet began to take excessive care of itself. All this will be the message for contacting the veterinarian.
Any pet is the joy of its owner. If the cat is in good shape and has a wonderful mood and a great appetite, then this is a sign of a healthy animal. Your pet is washed after eating or before it is not very important, the most important thing is that he does not abandon this procedure. With his beautiful and clean fur, he will be able to please not only you, but also those around you. All that remains is to help him care and pay due attention.
When a cat is very scared, his behavior can become aggressive. This is his calm reaction and survival instinct.
If your children like to forcefully pet a cat, or torture it, then in return they will receive only vinegar and scratches. To calm the pet, it is enough just to move away from him what scares him.
Cats love it when their opinions are respected. If your pet comes to you for your attention, he will be cute and affectionate. If you forcefully subject him to affection, then this will cause a lot of indignation and aggression.
A cat can become aggressive if he smells someone else’s animal.
The smell of someone else’s cat or dog. Our cats are very jealous. If the owner returned home, and the smell of someone else’s animal emanates from him, then the cat can become aggressive. Since there is no way to fight with someone whose smell is present on the owner, then all the anger is directed at the owner. To avoid this, you must change immediately as soon as you return home. After that, you can wash your hands with soap or use special products that eliminate odors.
To attract attention
When a cat wants to be cuddled, it may rub and purr. If the owner has no time, then he will simply pet the animal and then go about his business. But if the pet starts scratching or biting, then this will surely draw attention to him.
How to stop a cat from biting and scratching?
First of all, it is worth weaning the cat from playing with the owner’s hands.
If you are tired of the constant scratching streaks on your hands, then it is worth starting to educate your animal. In order for the cat to stop using claws and teeth in your direction, you must:
- Do not play with your cat with your hands or feet.
- Try to buy your pet only toys that allow you to keep the distance between the owner and the animal. It can be fishing rods, feathers on a stick or a candy wrapper on a string.
- If the cat has grabbed your hand, do not try to escape. This will only increase her interest. The right way is to freeze for a while until the pet loses interest in your hand. After the pet releases the hand, stop the game so that the cat is a science that after the aggression the game is stopped.
- In order for an animal to grow up calm and kind, it needs: active games on the street, walks and more attention from the owner.
- If you are retraining your pet, you need to be patient. The process of weaning from bites and scratches does not occur immediately, it will take some time. When teaching your cat calm play and good behavior, you need to be attentive and caring. In no case should you offend the cat. Hit him with your hands or with a newspaper. Pets are very smart, and in response to your behavior, only aggression will follow.
If guests often come to your house, do not allow them to play aggressive games with the cat. The animal will get used to aggression towards strangers and will bite and scratch strangers.
Why does a domestic cat attack and bite its owner?
The cat scratched the owner’s hand to blood, why?
Before wean a cat from aggressive behavior, you need to understand why he behaves this way. Our pets are not us, and they cannot bite and scratch us for no reason.
There can be several reasons for aggression.
The animal is in pain. One of the causes of aggression can be illness or injury in the cat. When the owner tries to take his animal in his arms, and he is in pain, the pet may bite him in response. Or if the owner stepped on the cat’s paw or crushed it, it is logical that the pet, in defense, screams, hisses, bites and scratches.
When a cat is in severe pain, it instinctively hides. At such moments, he can attack the owner.
By the behavior of the pet, you can notice when certain actions of yours give him dissatisfaction. You need to be very attentive to your pet, and then you will immediately learn to read his mood according to his actions.
A mentally healthy cat will attack the owner only if he has gone beyond what is permitted. Before that, the cat will show by his behavior that he does not like the behavior of the owner.
If the cat twitches its ears, fur or tail, pushes your hand or toy away, the expression on its face changes, this all indicates that the animal is starting to get nervous. In this case, it is better to lag behind the pet, so as not to get what it deserves from it.
What to do if the cat constantly attacks, bites and scratches?
As you know, cats are the most affectionate and playful animals. A pet of any age loves to hunt for a feather or play with the owner’s hand. However, even they may begin to show aggression towards their owner. This behavior is unusual for cats, so you need to know exactly the reason for this. From this article we will learn what to do if a cat attacks and bites.
The cat gnaws everything, what to do?
The cat bites and gnaws everything in the house. These can be pencils, laces, toys, and other items.
Raising your master
If you spoiled your pet too much, then he will create his own rules. And if you refuse to do them, you will be punished with claws and teeth.
Regular games. If you allowed a little kitten to bite you during the game, then, accordingly, when he grows up, he will bite you in the same way. But the older the animal, the stronger its bites. In addition, during the game, even the most educated cat can simply get carried away. In this case, you just need to stop him, pointing out what he is doing wrong.
These are the main reasons why a pet cat scratches and bites its owner, but there can be many more. Each animal is individual, has its own specific tastes and habits.
How to stop a cat from chewing
Asterisk balm will help you!
If there are many items in your house that a cat likes to gnaw, and you have no way to hide them. In this case, the well-known balm “Star” will help. This balm should lightly lubricate objects lying in sight. The sharp smell of the Star will scare the cat away.