How to teach a dog the FAS command at home?
The training takes place on an impassable, fenced and large area. An adult pet should first examine it to gain confidence. This team is defensive, so the owner needs to realize the role of the victim who needs the help of the pet. The attacker puts on protective clothing on the body, on the face. a mask. The dog sees only the eyes, but this is enough to understand the emotions. The owner cannot be in the role of an attacker, otherwise the animal gets confused.
The first stage is the manifestation of aggression. Before that, you need to study the innate qualities of the dog. Is there anger towards other animals, expressed in the form of a game, or is the dog showing cowardice at the slightest pretext. An animal may react negatively to a person who drank alcohol. show alert behavior, growl and bark.
The duration of the stage depends on the presence of congenital aggression. Certain breeds. Labrador, Husky, are more difficult to train. It’s easier to train a staff, a shepherd. In mongrels, learning ability depends on character. If the dog is not brave, this is often due to the characteristics of the breed. Sometimes, with the help of a specialist, she can really instill confidence.
A professional teaches gestures that allow you to control actions. The choice of the starting position depends on the size of the dog:
- Nearby, near the left leg. The owner holds the leash;
- The pet is tied to a pole, the owner is located on the left side.
The helper approaches the students, behaves insecurely, waves a rag in front of the pet. The animal begins to growl, bark, tries to take a rag. If the owner sees a desire to attack, he pronounces “Fas” with an aggressive intonation with a strong lunge with his body. After the pet took a rag and began to tear, the owner says “Fu”. Usually, the dog is pulled away first. The “criminal” leaves, the pet is encouraged with words.
It is easier to guess the moment when it is better to say the command while holding the leash. Then the larynx will begin to vibrate, even if the growl is inaudible. In certain breeds, the attack is silent. This is the Brazilian Fila, Caucasian Shepherd Dog. You don’t need to train such dogs on your own without a dog handler.
At the second stage, working out the team, the initial pose remains the same. In this case, the animal is simply at the leg without a leash. After the appearance of the helper, the owner sets up the pet. The trainer holds a stick or container with cereals. It does not cause physical pain, but acts with a loud sound.
The dog begins to attack when the helper is at a distance of 3-5 m. In this case, a command must be heard. A free leash is used. The specialist shows the animal which area to attack. He knocks on the hand with a stick so that the pet rushes there. You can not provoke aggression on the neck, face, groin.
When the pet understands what the FAS command means, you should teach him to immediately let go of the “criminal” when the owner says “Fu”. You should start off-leash training only if you are sure that the dog will move away from the “victim” without physical intervention. This process usually takes a long time.
After learning the command, the pet should be able to attack when the defendant runs away. The dog chases the enemy, then delays him. bites until he retreats, knocks to the ground or releases after saying “Fu” by the owner.
The third stage is the development of special skills. The dog has learned the main goal. to provide protection for himself and the owner. Then you can include in the training of the rest of the family, even the child. Also, the pet is trained to protect objects using the commands “Place”, “Protect”. When the “thief” approaches, “Fas” is pronounced.
If the pet is trained correctly, it will act deliberately. In the classroom, they can use dummies of weapons, personal protection items. The dog is taught which weapons are safe to interact with, and under what circumstances to try to outwit or retreat. For example, if the “criminal” is armed with a knife, the animal attacks the armpit of the hand holding the object. In the case of a stun gun or a spray can, the pet jumps from the back.
Will the dog become aggressive to others??
If you follow certain rules, the pet will not begin to show aggression unnecessarily. In order for the reaction to the FAS command to always remain adequate, the following recommendations will need to be taken into account:
- It is necessary to develop anger in pets that have reached puberty. in one-year-old dogs.
- Puppies should not be encouraged to be aggressive as their psyche is not yet fully formed. It can be taught in the form of a game strong grips, active struggle without retreat. It is also important to instill the skill of giving a toy at the owner’s signal.
- Many guard breeds have an innate distrust of strangers, so there is no need to specifically develop anger. These dogs only need to polish their behavior, explain the rules according to which they will act. They are also taught to keep the pressure and pressure calm.
- The pet must be on good terms with the owner, have good physical health and nerves.
- This command is considered one of the most difficult, therefore it is necessary to contact specialists for training.
Why do you need to train a dog to command “FAS”?
Training is mandatory for the watch breed. over, almost any dog can become a protector for the owner and his entire family. They switch to this team after studying the general course of training. If the dog only understands “Fas”, it cannot be stopped. Otherwise, just say “Fu”.
Why do you need to teach a dog the FAS command? Description of the training process
Sometimes dogs are expected not only for friendship and loyalty, but also for the protection of their owners and things. Let’s consider how to teach a dog the FAS command at home. It is realistic to train a pet, but it is important to be able to apply knowledge in life. Therefore, a responsible approach and clear understanding is required from the owner. It is important to take into account the nature of the animal. if it is uncontrollable, it can be dangerous for others.
It is necessary that the dog knows the commands “Sit”, “Near”, “To me”, “Give” and have an agreeable disposition. A pet trained to attack will require special control. It will always be necessary to suppress unnecessary attempts to protect the owner. Even if the attack is justified, but occurred outside of private territory, the owner will have to prove it. It is also important to periodically maintain the skill with training.
If the animal cannot be trained due to the characteristics of the breed, an alternative should be used:
- You can train an overly friendly dog to bark on a command that only you two can understand. When a suspicious person approaches, it is worth submitting it. Usually this is enough for the person to leave.
- If your pet doesn’t want to be a guard, you can get a second small dog. Usually they are sensitive and alert of impending danger. Then the pet will also react by barking and scare the ill-wisher with its appearance.
The dog should not be turned into a dangerous weapon. Otherwise, the dog will become a threat to others. It is important to be aware of your own responsibility for the pet’s actions.
How to teach your dog voice command
The “voice” command is especially useful for those dogs that are used for hunting, when guarding a house or in the process of searching for people. But initially, you need to take into account that some breeds will not be able to learn at all and publish loud barks, and Labradors and Shepherd Dogs learn the fastest. How to teach your dog voice command?
Follow these guidelines:
- Tie your dog near a tree and step on the leash;
- Don’t let your pet jump on you when it sees food;
- Ask for a voice and show a treat;
- Reward your pet after completing the command;
- Repeat the exercise two to three times.
Why does a dog need to know commands?
Teaching teams is necessary in order for the pet to exist normally with other animals and people, especially for large and fighting breeds. Although small dogs without training can grow up no less aggressive and uncontrollable. Training is also necessary in order to correct behavior, eradicate bad habits, and develop the natural instincts of the animal.
Can an adult dog be trained? It is possible, but much more difficult, so it is better to start classes from six months of life, although they are carried out in a playful way. The process will be much faster, as the puppies are more active and like to learn new things.
But before starting classes, you need to consider the following points:
- The nature and habits of the pet;
- Do not retreat from classes, make them permanent;
- Praise and reward the puppy, make the exercises more interesting;
- Distinguish between work and play moments.
This team must be taught, both an adult and a small pet. Although there are two types, when the dog lies down in its place in the house or near a specified object. How to teach a dog the command “place”? Simple enough, for this you need to lure the puppy with a treat or point your finger there, saying “place”. Once done, the dog is encouraged. And in order for the dog to stay in place longer, throw his favorite toy there.
Take a walk
The “walk” command is most needed for pets used in security or detective services. It is most often used after completing the rest of the commands as a reward. For training, it is enough to pat the animal on the back, release and say “walk”.
Before describing how to teach a dog the command to sit, here are a few important points. For example, learning begins in early childhood, from three to five months. Use the reward and punishment method to do the exercises. press on the sacrum when not doing and give a treat when doing.
The training scheme is as follows:
- Call your pet to you;
- Call him by name, say “sit” and press on the sacrum;
- Hold the dog in that position for a few seconds, and then give the treat;
- Finish the exercise with the words walk;
- Repeat the exercise every five to seven minutes.
Before determining how to teach a dog the command “stranger”, let us define that it is important for many pets, as it announces that there is an unknown person in front of them with bad intentions. Then the dog should give a voice, growl, or walk away.
For training you need:
- Find an assistant who will attack you;
- Then look at the animal and repeat the command “alien”;
- Repeat this for five to seven minutes;
- After the pet approaches you and begins to growl or bark, praise.
The barrier exercise should be done after a year of life, and then your pet will learn to overcome obstacles. It is important that the first height is no more than 45 cm, even for a large breed.
The training is carried out as follows:
- Find a small horizontal bar, obstacle or rope;
- Stand on the other side and show the puppy a treat;
- Beckon him and call him to you;
- After the dog jumps, give a reward.
Almost everyone knows how to teach a dog the command “near”, but not everyone knows how to do it correctly. Training begins from six months, when the pet is already used to walking on a leash. Note that the exercise is considered the most difficult and is remembered throughout the year.
It is important that the puppy is on your left side and walk alongside until you let him go for a walk.
You need to start training like this:
- Take the dog on a leash and bring it as close to you as possible;
- Say “beside” and lead the pet beside you a few steps;
- Then release and say “walk”;
- Give a treat as a reward;
- Then call the puppy and repeat the exercise a few more times;
- Each time you need to loosen the leash tension and release the dog more and more.
The “fas” team is considered one of the most difficult and dangerous, but training should be started from three months of life, when the pet has lost the habit of its mother.
Remember that a pet spoiled by attention and affection may not follow your commands or do it with stubbornness. Therefore, try to pamper him less, and be more strict.
How to teach a dog the command “fas”, we will tell below.
- Find a closed area on the street without people;
- Put on a protective suit;
- Find props in the form of sticks, tires, stuffed animals;
- Next, tie the dog on a leash and sit next to it;
- Next, tease the pet with the selected object and say face-to-face;
- Each time it will be more annoying and the dog will rush;
- After completing the command, reward the dog with a treat.
A dog handler can tell how to teach a dog the command “give a paw”, but it is easy to teach it at home. Then the pet, at your request, will give you its paw.
The exercise is carried out as follows:
- Place the dog next to you;
- Call by name and say “give a paw”;
- Point to the paw and show the treat in your hand;
- Take your paw in your hands;
- Repeat the command several times and after execution, give a tasty.
Few people know, but you need to start training a team from six to eight months, and decorative breeds are the worst trained.
Training an adult dog
Some people take an already adult dog, for example, find it on the street or take it from the kennel. To train an adult dog will require more strength and patience than teaching a small puppy. How to teach an adult dog the command “Voice!” fast?
First you need to make it clear that you are his master and have authority. It may take a month, sometimes two, for the adopted pet to get used to the new owner. It is necessary to stroke the dog more often, play with it, pay attention and take care, feed it with your own hands in order to speed up the habituation process. At the same time, you need to feel the edge of kindness and discipline, stay strict on the street. As a rule, adult dogs have already formed their own character and demeanor. The manifestation of character depends on the education of the old master. Therefore, sometimes dogs can be angry or scared.
The process of taming an angry and nervous dog is complicated and requires a special approach. It is recommended to restrain the negative emotions of the animal, do not make sudden movements in front of the pet, play a lot and take care, talk to him, not raise his voice. The training of an adult dog needs to be approached more seriously and patiently, and the process itself does not differ from ordinary training.
Method of imitation
If the rewarding method doesn’t work, you can try the role model. You need to find a dog trained in the command “Voice!” And sit next to your own. Command the first dog and reward him demonstratively. You need to repeat these actions several times so that your pet understands what is being sought from him.
Dog training equipment
What equipment should be used to teach a dog to voice on command? To facilitate training, you need to purchase the following things:
- Collar. To control the dog, the owner must show an advantage.
- Leash. Required for certain types of training. And also for walking the dog safely in public places.
- Delicacy. To encourage the dog to understand that he is doing everything right, take tasty treats: crackers, pieces of cheese, pieces of meat, dry food. Training is best done when the dog is not full, otherwise he will ignore food.
- Mood. Dogs are sensitive to changes in human mood. It’s important to show love and pay attention to your pet.
This method is one of the most effective (especially at home) for owners who do not know how to teach a dog to follow the command “Voice!” Take a dog treat and sniff it. Lift up so that the dog cannot jump, and say: “Voice!” The dog should not jump on you, let him know that he is doing something wrong. Step on a leash or tie it to a tree to limit your pet’s jumping ability. Usually dogs start barking in such a situation, praise him and give a treat for giving voice. Repeat 3 times, the dog should understand the essence of the exercise.
This is the easiest way of all. You need to watch the dog and when he barks, command: “Voice!”, And then treat him with a treat. After a while, the pet will understand what he needs to do, hearing your command. On the first day, it will hardly be possible to wait for barking on command. Repeat daily exercise for 15 minutes, and gradually the dog will understand your commands. Later, the dog will give voice without treats.
Not all owners want to go to specialists for training. The question arises: how to teach a dog the command “Voice!” at home? For training, it is better to choose a quiet place so that the pet is not distracted by extraneous sounds. At the beginning of the workout, it is allowed to show a treat that you need to take with you, but treating is prohibited. Only as a reward, you can offer to eat a piece of cheese or crackers.
How to teach a dog the command “Voice!” at home?
A dog carrying out commands. This is the pride for the owner. The training process is not easy and requires patience. How to teach a dog the command “Voice!” It is best to start training a dog from the first months of life, while he is still a puppy. The owner needs to understand the psychology of his pet, know how to train the dog, how he memorizes commands.
Exercise should be regular and consistent. You will not be able to train your dog with rudeness and abuse. Relationship with a pet must be built on respect and love. A person must be a leader and friend, but in no case a tyrant.
How to start learning
One of the main commands that people want to teach their dogs is the “Voice!” Not all dogs are able to learn this order. But in no case should you scold and punish the dog for this. Poor handling can cause the animal to become aggressive. Training should begin only after the pet already knows perfectly well other orders: “sit”, “lie down”, “give a paw”.
Dog owners, turning to dog handlers, think that their pets will immediately become obedient. To begin with, the dog handler necessarily works with the owner of the dog. Experts explain how to understand dogs, how to find an approach to animals. How to teach your dog to voice on command at home? You can find out about this by contacting the dog handler.
Trainings can take place in different formats:
- Individual training. A good option for training a dog at home.
- Group training with other dogs. Such activities will teach the dog to concentrate more on your commands, despite the noise around.
- Today, training with living with a dog handler is common. The dog lives for about a month with the trainer, but part of the training takes place with the owner.
Training with resentment
You can use cunning in relation to the dog. When the pet feels the time for a walk, it begins to bark. Gather all the necessary things that you take with you to walk your four-legged friend and pretend to leave this time without him. Before leaving, look at the dog and give the command “Voice!” The dog will start barking out of worries and resentment, at this moment you need to praise and pet it. And then you can go for a walk together. You can try a similar method outside by tying your pet to a tree, and start walking away yourself. Then act in the same way: when the dog barks, give a command and encourage.
How to teach your dog voice command
If a four-legged pet will participate in search and rescue, guide or guard work, then he needs to give a voice on command. For this, many owners master the principles of science, how to teach a dog the command “Voice!” If the dog lives in an apartment, then the owner often teaches him this command for fun or hone his skill in obedience to the owner.
- Training conditions
- Popular training methods
- Calling interest
- Calling resentment
- Inducing irritation
- Practical advice from professionals
This method is most often used when trying to train a watchdog. In this case, you need to tie the pet and leave a certain object that the “student” should guard. You can’t do without an assistant, whose duties will include chaotic gestures and movements that irritate the pet. At the same time, it is not recommended to take this item from the dog.
Usually even the calmest dogs start barking. When this happens, you need to give the desired command and reward the pet. And at this time, the assistant should slowly move away from the owner to the side.
Learning will then be successful if you motivate your four-legged friend. Pets react especially violently to delicious food. If you show the dog a piece of meat, then he will not be long in coming. The owner should give a verbal signal “Voice!” Once the dog does what he wants, he should be encouraged with praise and treats.
In the process of training, a four-legged friend must be on a leash so that he cannot get to the treat before the appointed time. Instead of a tasty treat, you can use toys that are especially dear to your pet. You can read additional literature to understand how to teach a dog the command “Voice!” and make her completely obey.
To teach a dog the command “Voice!”, It is necessary to prepare the territory for this process in advance. If the puppy is small enough, then you should take care of purchasing a special aviary, otherwise chaos will soon reign in your apartment or house.
Teaching the verbal signal “Voice!” should begin after the pet is already perfectly following other orders: “Sit!”, “Lie down!”, “Give a paw!” It is worth considering that the animal should not bark, except in some cases:
- If the dog found what he was looking for even after the owner demands from her a “report” on the work done.
- If a four-legged friend senses danger.
Before teaching a pet to execute a command, you need to observe him: why and at what point does the dog start barking. It is best to do this while playing outside. The pet’s behavior will tell a lot about what annoys him or what causes excitement during entertainment.
A dog of any breed takes a lot of time to train. AND! There are no unteachable dogs. There are dogs who understand the first time, and there are those who understand only from the tenth time. Therefore, do not despair if the command “Voice!” for a dog it seems impossible. As a last resort, you can ask a dog handler for help.
Home workouts should be done daily. The area must be fenced in and protected from prying eyes. In such a situation, the owner can give free rein to his pet. It is highly undesirable for strangers to be present during training. Otherwise, the animal may not listen to its owner. Professionals strongly recommend that you do not hit or punish your dog during training. Otherwise, the dog will begin to behave aggressively, and physical punishment can cause disobedience and refusal to learn.
If the owner is interested in how to teach the dog the command “Voice!” and to do it as successfully as possible, he should watch the tutorial. Here professionals reveal some secrets that allow you to train your dog to command “Voice!”.
The next way is as follows. You need to invite a friend with a dog who can execute the command “Voice!” While the guest successfully completes the assigned tasks (that is, the given order), the student carefully observes everything. Very soon, a smart pet will understand what is going on and will start barking on command.
To teach your dog the Voice! Command, you can use the following trick. Often, when a four-legged friend senses the time of an approaching walk, he bursts into barking. In this case, you need to get ready for a walk according to the schedule, get a leash and the necessary ammunition, pretend that the owner is leaving for a walk without his ward, and at the very last moment, look at the subject and give the desired command.
At this moment, the pet is experiencing a storm of emotions, so they will provoke barking. The owner should praise his “student” and pet him, then put on the necessary ammunition and go for a walk.
At home, you can try this method. Tie your four-legged friend to a tree and slowly walk away. At this moment, the dog will bark. You need to give a verbal signal “Voice!” and quickly approach your pet and praise him.
Popular training methods
The easiest method is to monitor your pet. When he barked, he needs to command “Voice!” and encourage him. After several repetitions, the four-legged friend will learn what is required of him. If you have any questions, you can watch the tutorial. Expanding all the nuances of learning in detail.
Practical advice from professionals
- Teach the dog the command “Voice!” you can not only a baby, but also an adult, an accomplished dog. With proper endurance, the owner will very quickly achieve the necessary results.
- By observing his pet, the owner can find out what causes the barking in the ward. In this case, applying the accumulated knowledge, the pet owner will be able to bring training to a new level.
- At home, this verbal signal can be honed several times a day.
- As shown. You can move from rewarding a treat to rewarding by stroking or exclamation when your pet has fully mastered the command.
- If attempts to train the dog to this command are reduced to naught because of the pet’s uncertainty, then most likely the owner’s excessive severity is to blame. To rectify the situation, it is enough to generously reward the pet after the next command execution.
- One person can train a four-legged friend, but the pet must carry out this command, even if he hears an order from another family member.
- If the owner has studied special literature on how to teach a dog the command “Voice!” when going through the learning process at home, he will understand that he has achieved the desired result in the following case. If the dog fulfills the desired command, being at a distance of 10-15 meters from the owner, then your student can be marked “excellent”.
- Sometimes the barking of a pet irritates the household. Therefore, along with the “Voice!” the dog should be taught the verbal signal “Quiet!” so that it stops barking at the first request. To achieve success in this field, you can watch the training.
- It is important to remember that training involves communicating with an intelligent animal. Therefore, success can be achieved if mutual respect and devotion reign between the owner and his four-legged friend.
- The question of how to teach a dog to execute the command “Voice!” Is closely related to the introduction of a special gesture for this order. When the dog does an excellent job with the task, the trainer needs to raise his hand at the level of his head and simultaneously with the order to snap his fingers. Several repetitions of a simple exercise will cause the “student” to associate, after which the verbal signal may not be used. It is very important to speak in a cheerful, gambling voice while executing a click command. Then the learning process will be perceived as a game and easier to pass.
Teaching a pet to give voice on command is not an easy task and requires a certain amount of patience. But with diligent training, everything will work out.!
Stage 1. How to train a dog to the command “Voice
Take your dog’s favorite treat and let him smell it. Then lift it up so that she cannot reach, and at the same time say “Voice!” Hearing the command, the dog should never jump on you, so if the dog is quite active and jumping, fasten the leash, put its end on the ground and step on it (or tie it to a tree). Now your pet will not be able to jump or stand on its hind legs.
Finding themselves in such a situation, most dogs immediately begin to bark out of indignation. As soon as the dog gives a voice, immediately praise him and give the treat. Usually 2-3 reps are enough to get the message across.
If you are having trouble teaching your dog the Voice with a treat, then you can use the imitation method. To do this, find a dog that already knows how to bark on command and put it next to yours. Command “Voice” to the first dog and demonstratively reward him. Repeat the exercise several times so that your dog understands what’s what. If you don’t have a second dog, then you can ask your friend to bark or do it yourself.
After that, the first stage is passed, you need to polish the skill. And above all, you need to train your dog to voice at your first word. Of course, at the beginning of training, the command will have to be repeated several times until the dog begins to bark. But as soon as you see that the pet understands the essence of the trick, say the command once and patiently wait for its execution.
Important! A very common mistake is encouraging barking without a command. If the dog wants to bark, then let it bark, but you don’t need to praise it for it. At the same time, if you constantly forbid her to bark without permission, then she will most likely stop executing the “Voice” command.
How to teach your dog the Voice command
Barking on command is a pretty useful skill. If you and your dog are planning to participate in the search for people, are going to hunt or just want to go to the forest to pick mushrooms, then you cannot do without knowing the Voice command. For those pets that constantly live in the city, this trick is taught solely for the sake of entertainment.
Whatever your plans, before you start training, you need to carefully study the nature and breed characteristics of the animal. There are dogs that do not like to make any sounds, and some, for example Basenji, simply do not know how to do it. Shepherd dogs, Chihuahuas, Labradors and other popular breeds, for the most part, very quickly master this command.
So let’s see how to teach a dog the Voice command.
Step 2. How to teach a dog to voice 3 or more times
The beginning in teaching the dog the command “Voice” has been laid, and now it is necessary to clearly decide what exactly you want: single, three-time or prolonged barking. If the trick is unlearned for the sake of entertainment, then a single bark is quite enough, and if for serious purposes (hunting, search service), then it is better to choose three or more.
It is not difficult to teach how to give a voice three times. after the third “woof” put a treat into the dog’s mouth. If the dog is “taciturn” and does not want to say more than one “woof”, then do not give the yummy until he spills three times. You can tease your pet a little with a treat, while repeating “Voice!”, “Voice!”.
As for barking four or more times, this skill can be developed. But is it worth it? Most animals accurately count to 3, and then problems arise. When in an agitated state, the dog will get confused and think that you do not want a specific amount of “woof”, but just many, many “woof”. Therefore, if not necessary, it is better to stop at three.
Trick or more?
For most dogs, with the skillful approach of the trainer, training at home becomes an unobtrusive game. Even if you are working with a pet in a group, it is necessary to repeat and consolidate the commands at home, the dog should feel harmony and teamwork.
You can train a dog to give the paw command at any age, according to the recommendations, optimally at 4–5 months. In practice, both 2-month-old “butuziki” and 3-year-old “serious specimens” are easy to learn and happily follow the command. The essence of the training consists of several aspects:
- Game encouragement. giving you a paw, the pet feels approval, satisfaction from the execution, albeit simple, but the command.
- Equality. imitation of people, an extremely important nuance of the socialization of a dog. By shaking the dog’s hand / paw, you help him feel parity with other members of society.
- The development of logical thinking is the basis for the execution of all commands.
Teaching the command “Give a paw” without treats
The method is suitable for teaching an adult dog the gimme command or a sanguine puppy. The starting position is the same, we do not use the delicacy. We take a paw in our hand, pronounce the command loudly and clearly, encourage the pet with praise, take a break and repeat. Naturally, without the “carrot”, training will take more time, but such a tactic ensures that the “furry sly” will not manipulate obedience for the sake of goodies.
Teaching the dog to command “Give paw”. Several easy ways
In the course of training a puppy there are obligatory and optional commands, the latter being “Give a paw”. The team does not have a specific functional load, although it will be much more convenient for you to cut your pet’s claws or wash your paws after a walk. However, for all-round development, dog handlers recommend teaching the dog a simple “trick”. giving the paw on command. We will figure out how to teach a dog to give a paw command and what can be learned from this skill.
Gimme another paw
Half the battle is done, why retreat? After teaching your pet to serve one paw, ask for the other. Out of habit, the dog will stretch the same paw, but you, having foreseen this in advance, remove the “support”. By raising the desired limb, but not repeating the commands, reward the pet. Literally 2-3 repetitions and your dog will paws alternately. It is believed that “Give another paw” is not a separate command, but part of the main one. That is, in the future, when the command is consolidated, after the dog has given one paw, it immediately gives the other, without voice stimulation.
Teaching the Gimme command with a treat
The method is suitable for puppies and temperamental adult dogs. Starting position is sitting, the trainer stands opposite the dog. Clamp the treat into a fist and bring it a short distance to the dog’s face, the pet should smell the “tasty”. Having tried to reach the treat with its tongue, the dog will instinctively hit the hand with its paw. Holding the paw with our free hand for a few seconds, we say the command “Give a paw”, give the “reward”, praise the pet. The approach is performed several times.
Methods of teaching the command “Give a paw
The only thing you need is persistence and good mood. How to train a pet depends only on you, but even the most stubborn pets learn how to do it in 1-3 lessons.
What is meant by the execution of the command “Give a paw”
- Feed the required share in less than 2 seconds.
- Feeding the share from any basic position. Lying down, the dog raises its paw off the floor.
- Paw feed to knee, toe, no support.
- Changing the position of the hand depending on the gesture. pads down or forward.
Given that the command is optional, you can train your pet in your own way. For example, replacing the voice response with “give left / right paw” or “high five”. Pets are also taught to raise their hind legs. a game combined with the development of motor skills.