How to cut the claws of a york puppy
Yorkshire terrier how to cut the claws of a Yorkshire terrier
Yorkshire terrier how to cut the claws of a Yorkshire terrier
Yorkshire terrier how to cut the claws of a Yorkshire terrier
Biewer York Biewer York puppies Biewer York breed history Biewer York breed standard Home Questions. answers Gallery On sale Grooming Guestbook Contacts Links. They took him to the salon, where they cut his ears and claws and when they came to pick him up, the master who was taking care of my puppy said that he needed to be given sedative drops, he was not allowed to do anything with himself, squeaked, barked. Tell me, is it really necessary to give them? At home, he behaves normally. He is active, plays, runs The master meant that before visiting the salon, the puppy should be given a sedative, it is good that she herself did not give him, otherwise in the salon, the name that everyone had heard, there were cases of an overdose of a sedative that they could not bring the puppy to life. Just at home, do hygienic procedures with him, or at least imitate them, that is, comb so often so that the puppy does not have time to tangle his coat and he will get used to it, if the claws do not allow cutting, then take a nail clipper and pretend that cutting the claws the puppy will get used to this tool. also, if it does not allow the ears to be trimmed, then too. take scissors and pretend that you are cutting the ear, the puppy will get used to the fact that these procedures and tools are not dangerous for him, as a rule, then they behave more calmly when cutting. I would advise to cut the puppy where the owner is allowed to be present. Please advise some Yorkie clipper. So that it does not make much noise and does not exorbitant cost! Or can they be cut with “human” clippers? You can cut a Yorkie with human clippers, but there are inexpensive MOZER models for dogs. The noise, in my opinion, is the same, but the dogs get used to it. Our puppy is 6 months old. The veterinarian advises us to shave him for the summer, leaving only his head and legs unshaven. Advise whether to do this? If you are going to an exhibition, then you don’t need to shave it. Your veterinarian is stupid, because shaving will not help the color change. The later the color goes over the body, the darker the steel, which is very welcome. Please tell me when can I start bathing the puppies? I wash my puppies for the first time before putting a stamp, that is, days, then before vaccination, since after vaccination you cannot wash for 2 weeks, and then once a week. Recently I read in a book that Yorkies need to trim their claws only once in their entire life in 8 weeks, but opinions very often differ! If it’s not difficult, write who the author is, I have not heard a sillier recommendation. Claws need to be trimmed as they grow, I trim my puppies once every two weeks, and for adults once a month. Recently bought a nice puppy, just lovely! One trouble. at home the eyes began to water. They thought the little hairs were getting into the eyes, removed them, washed the eyes with chamomile. The veterinarian prescribed an ointment, we smear it. I wanted to ask, what if you can advise something else? Eyes can water from inappropriate food, one of the types of allergies. often than others, the eyes of Yorkies with a short muzzle watery, there is a pathology of the lacrimal canals, but the diagnosis can be made by a veterinarian better if it is an ophthalmologist. But if the veterinarian prescribed an ointment for you, then he meant some kind of eye disease? First, visit a good ophthalmologist, I think he will find the cause of your problem. Please tell me what you need to do to get rid of dandruff. The shampoo was not changed, I was still the same. They changed the food, ate chuiss, and now hilss. Maybe because of this? Dandruff is most likely from changing feed. Buy a medicinal shampoo, it is called “Healing” by Elita. Wash several times according to the instructions. Is it possible to cut adult Yorkies so short? And wouldn’t such a little dog be cold? Yes, Yorkies have their hair cut, and they look very cute with a haircut. If the apartment is cold, then you will have to wear a sweater on a Yorkie with long hair, only with a haircut you will not have problems with tangles from clothes. Can you please tell me how to cut the claws, what length should remain so as not to hurt the dog ?! Please tell me how often do you need to cut your ear hair? In puppies, I often trim: Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player. Yorkie care, haircuts, etc. Andrey SCAT Site design and development Sitemap.
Bus schedule 350 peterhof
Is it possible to plant raspberries
Skyrim 5 where to find the wolf’s brother
The principle of operation of an instantaneous water heater diagram
How to make siding cornice
Wallpapers surgut wallpaper catalog
Dogs of all breeds and sizes, and even domesticated mongrels, need constant and careful grooming. The owner must know: what to feed his pet, how to properly monitor the coat and health, how to trim the claws of a dog with a claw cutter so as not to harm it. And why is it needed, how often to carry out the procedure at home and the rules for first aid in case of injury.
The structure of the dog’s claws
An owner who decides to trim the claws of a pet at home must understand the physiology of the dog and its differences. In humans, the entire grown nail consists of keratinized tissue, which has no sensitivity. The dog’s claw is only covered with keratinized tissue, inside it is “alive”. It is much easier to understand the fundamental difference if you imagine that your finger phalanges are claws, and you only need to cut off a few millimeters of regrown nails.
Anatomically speaking, a dog’s claw can be divided into three sections:
- The roller and groove are the area of transition of the skin of the finger into the keratinized part of the claw. On the sides, the skin bends and passes into the so-called groove. a groove that stretches almost the entire length of the claw. The roller is well felt over the entire width of the base of the keratinized part of the claw, on the lower part it practically merges with the pad of the finger. The roller and part of the groove are covered with thin skin, which, in external sensations, looks like wax.
- The wall and rim is the main visible part of the claw, not too thick, solid.
- The sole is the underside of the claw, which is covered with live skin for almost 1/3 of the length.
In the process of cutting, you need to understand that the claw is a kind of shell that protects large blood vessels and nerve bundles. An analogy with human teeth is appropriate here, they are covered with enamel (hard part), but inside are soft and sensitive. The sensitive, living part of the claw is usually called a pulp or vessel. When clipping nails, it is important to cut off only the keratinized tip, without exposing the soft shell of the pulp and without damaging it.
How to trim your dog’s nails at home
You can start with one or two claws a day. Prepare in advance and be sure to disinfect the instrument so that it is ready at hand. It is good if the pet has the opportunity to get acquainted with it in advance, sniff it and examine it. Only after that you can proceed directly to the procedure:
- In the process of communicating with the dog, take its paw in your hand, hold it tightly, but not too much. you should not hurt the dog or make it feel the threat of violent actions on your part. Using your thumb and forefinger, fix the dog’s finger on which you are going to cut the claw, lightly press.
- Avoid touching the area between your dog’s toes. She might not like it.
- Disinfect your nails to avoid contamination in case of unexpected complications when cutting.
- Determine the approximate length to be cut. Do not hurry. It is better to cut a little less than necessary. This way you can be sure not to damage the blood vessel. Cut off the folded part first. The almost correct lightened oval shape of the cut will mean that there is a living part further away and you can no longer cut it.
- Take the tool and cut to the required length with one precise, short press.
- It is necessary to cut at an angle of 45 ° from top to bottom. To avoid delamination and creases, always cut perpendicular to the growth line, being careful not to have sharp corners.
- First process the cut with a coarse file and, if necessary, with a fine, sanding.
- If the dog remains calm, the procedure can be continued. If the pet is nervous, frightened, and begins to struggle, release it and try to calm it down. Talk to him affectionately, offer some delicacy. Try to continue.
- It is more convenient to cut the nails on the hind legs when the dog is lying down. Lay her down on a laid out table or sofa and have someone else hold her.
The animal should know that after the procedure, it will definitely be rewarded in the form of a favorite treat or game.
It’s okay if you first trim one claw a day. Next time, you may be able to trim 2-3 at a time. The dog will get used to it over time, and the whole procedure will take about 10 minutes. The main thing is that your pet fully trusts you, and that the procedure does not associate him with painful sensations and fear.
Do all dogs need to trim their nails?
Yes, almost all dogs need to have their nails cut. Small breeds (Yorkshire Terrier, Chihuahua, Spitz, French Bulldog, Pug, Papillon, etc.) spend most of their lives in the arms of their owners or on cushions. Therefore, cutting their nails should become an obligatory and regular procedure for them. This rule also applies to dogs of medium breeds (poodle, basset hound, boxer, etc.). The only exception can be very active dogs, spending several hours every day on the street, running on a hard asphalt surface and grinding their claws in this way.
How to train your dog for the procedure
It is necessary to accustom your pet to cutting claws from an early age. Over time, the dog will get used to manipulation, will not be afraid of them, and it will take you a minimum of time. If the dog is not familiar with the procedure and does not understand what you want from him, he may get nervous, break free, show aggression.
How to trim the claws of a Yorkie at home so as not to harm your pet? To begin with, they put it in a bathroom or a basin of warm water. The claws are steamed and soaked, so it becomes much easier to trim them. The Yorkshire Terrier has 4 toes on its hind legs, and 5 toes on the front legs. Particular attention should be paid to the fifth one, because it does not participate in walking, therefore it does not grind on its own. Thus, it grows back rather quickly and begins to dig into the skin without pruning, giving the animal severe discomfort.
Why cut a dog’s claws?
In domestic dogs, the instinct of a predator and a fighter in the form in which it is inherent in wild animals is absent, but it can “turn on” reflexively:
in response to cruel or inaccurate treatment, for example, during active games with children;
for self-determination. observed in representatives of those breeds, which are characterized by the desire for dominance;
for intimidation (warning). a typical technique for pets of small breeds.
How To Stop Your Dog From Biting While Being Groomed
In all these cases, the bite is the result of a psychological or physical impact on the dog. Despite the fact that the pet bites instinctively, this practice must be stopped so that natural habits do not prevail over the qualities thanks to which friendly relations are established between the animal and the person.
How to stop a dog from biting
A dog is by nature a predator, so it expresses emotions with the help of its teeth, that is, it bites. A bite is a reaction to external stimuli, a variant of communication with humans or other animals, a way of knowing the world around us. Despite the fact that, in general, such behavior is natural, it is necessary to teach the pet to control the instinctive reaction, replacing it with a conscious, safer for others.
How can an animal attract attention? Bite hands or feet. This is the simplest way to express yourself and your emotions. In this case, the bite should be considered as an option for communication between a dog and a person. It does not pose a threat, but only when it comes to puppies that are beginning to master the signaling system, and are not trained in the skills of correctly expressing emotions. If an adult dog bites, then most likely he does it deliberately. Even pets of small breeds are capable of causing serious injuries, so the owner should not consider this behavior as a prank. A dog that bites and does not receive a rebuff can attack not only with physical impact, but also completely for no reason.
What to do if an adult dog bites a person
When the owner complains that an adult dog bites his hands, it is understood that he is not being bullied, not physically punished, and if there are children in the family, then they know that the animal must be treated correctly. If at least one of these conditions is violated, it is useless to work with the dog. A person provokes a pet himself, so he has no choice but to defend and protest.
There are some pretty effective ways to stop your dog from biting:
scream loudly and turn away. she will understand that she did the wrong thing, she offended you;
confidently, with a short movement, pull up the leash and command “fu!”, “no!”. to consolidate the skill of obedience.
When no educational methods help, the help of a professional dog handler is required, who will first of all assess the psychological state of the animal. Intimidated or, on the contrary, overly active, agitated, disobedient dogs are usually the result of poor or improper upbringing. There are animals with congenital mental disorders, but they are extremely rare.
Methods of fostering correct behavior
If training has just begun, teach your puppy to react unconditionally to the “Fu!” Command. At the right time, you can stop inappropriate behavior without violence or punishment. With the help of this command, the puppy quickly understands that biting his arms and legs, hanging on clothes, and ruffling things is not allowed.
The habit of biting also develops if the puppy is played with hands or feet from birth. Use special toys instead.
It is useful to switch the pet’s attention, attracting it to a new game with a treat or regular food.
Observe your dog and find out which sound is unpleasant for him. Use it as a warning signal: the puppy will realize that the sound is associated with improper behavior and will stop bullying.
At 4-6 months, the puppy begins to grow permanent teeth. This process is accompanied by unpleasant sensations, so the dog chews on various objects, mostly hard ones, thereby giving itself additional discomfort. Feeling pain, the puppy can involuntarily bite the owner, but in no case should be punished for this. Buy special bones, toys made of soft but durable material, such as nylon, that will not injure your puppy’s swollen gums and new teeth.
At an early age, the dog clearly shows the behavioral traits inherent in the breed. On the one hand, this speaks of the good pedigree qualities of the puppy, on the other hand, it requires correction so that the pet learns to use natural data for its intended purpose. Puppies of service and hunting breeds are usually more inclined to bite: shepherd dogs, huskies, rottweilers, huskies. Such behavior is a way of demonstrating physical strength, and if it is perceived by the owner as the norm, then as it grows up the dog will “test” this method on every person, regardless of age and build.
How to Raise a Service Breed Puppy
For representatives of service dog breeds, grabbing is a professional technique. Hunting, guard dogs and even “search engines” should have this skill. Only professional dog handlers should train such pets. Classes are held with the direct participation of the owner, who is trained in the methodology of training performance skills. During training, a pet is trained to bite a person or an animal, but did it at the right time and with the right strength.
The training course for service dogs is always preceded by classes in which the behavior of the “student” is corrected. Their goal is to work out basic commands, develop obedience skills, which are necessary to control the actions of the dog during the training of service qualities.
The general course helps to correct the “weak” character traits of the pet: uncertainty, cowardice, aggressiveness, slowness. Cynologists recommend passing it to all dogs (regardless of breed) who have problems with upbringing.
bite, hold and release from the grip on command;
independently assess the need for capture.
During classes, the pet is put in various situations so that it learns to act adequately to the situation. Since the instincts of a hunter and a guard are highly developed in dogs of service breeds, they are by nature more aggressive and “programmed” to attack. The task of the dog handler is to teach the dog to clearly understand its functions and under no circumstances cause serious harm to a person.
If you decide to wean the puppy from biting on its own, then it is wiser to first familiarize yourself with the special literature.
The main causes of aggression when cutting
A dog is a fairly intelligent animal with a complex and interesting psychology, so they are never aggressive from scratch. There is always a reason for such a change of temper.
Most experienced groomers and veterinarians identify three main reasons for inappropriate grooming behavior:
- Fear. This is the most difficult case for correction, since this behavior is formed after a clearly unsuccessful first experience. Most often, it is inherent in decorative dogs, which were extremely carelessly treated in puppyhood and left severe damage to the skin in previous times. To re-habituate to a haircut, to reduce the level of aggression and agility, to make it clear that the procedure is safe is very difficult. This requires the owner’s colossal patience and the most comfortable conditions for the dog. Sending a fearful dog to the salon to an experienced groomer will further increase the discomfort. With such wards, masters prefer to work at home and in the presence of the owner. Ideally, the beloved owner, whom the animal most trusts, should carry out all the manipulations himself. It will be necessary to carry out the procedure for shortening the wool in parts and gradually, starting from the farthest and safest places, accustoming to the idea that what is happening is not scary and does not bring discomfort. Talk to your pet in an affectionate voice, stroke him, give him a treat. Do not be aggressive in any way. It’s easy enough to understand that fear is the basis for strange behavior. If the animal is already an adult and instability in behavior manifests itself only at the moments when manipulations with the wool are carried out, then the roots are definitely covered in childhood. You can adjust the way of action in 2-4 sessions, depending on the degree of stubbornness of the dog.
- Nervousness is characteristic of choleric people, active, mobile and very well aware of the emotions of their owner. Our own emotions are often the cause of aggression. We are nervous, worried, and this is passed on to a four-legged friend who understands that something is wrong. This can be especially pronounced the first time or when changing the master. Left alone with a stranger who will manipulate the coat, the dog panics and tries not to let him in. You can correct the situation with the help of grooming at home with the help of a visiting master or on your own and using sedatives. A calm confident voice and gentle hands of the owner can greatly facilitate the situation.
- An attempt to dominate. Dominants are the most difficult to care for. The little tyrant simply will not allow you to groom at home on your own, since for him to shorten the coat means to subjugate. If a pet has become the head of your family, then a professional in the salon will have to deal with the hairstyle, since in this case he reacts not only to a stranger with whom a relationship has not yet been built, but also to a new place. This allows the master to look much more confident than the dog, and to cope with the obstinate. However, if you are tired of the animal considering itself the leader of the pack, it is still possible to correct the behavior by contacting the services of a canine psychologist. It is easy to recognize that the reason for the manifestation of aggression, showing teeth and agility is in dominant inclinations. If the dog does not let him near his bowl, does not respond to commands, does not give away toys, then it does not consider the owner to be the main one.
- Mixed type is the hardest option. It is necessary to unravel the whole tangle of dog’s emotions and figure out what is the reason for such a reaction. Without knowing the history of the dog and its usual nature, it is quite difficult. Most often, attempts to dominate are mixed with confusion. In this case, the pet does not know how to react to what is happening and tries to keep away those who, as it believes, are lower on the social ladder. This is a rather dangerous combination, so any manipulations with the hair for such dogs are best done with a collar and carefully fixed. If you do not plan in the future long-term therapy with a dog psychologist and the pet breed does not require a mandatory haircut, this procedure should be abandoned altogether.
How to trim a dog if it bites
Quite often, dog owners run into problems when trying to trim their pet. Usually a calm and benevolent dog reacts sharply to scissors and a typewriter, turns and does not give in to his hands, growls and shows his teeth. This behavior is not considered normal and indicates major psychological problems of the puppy.
In most cases, the causes of aggression during grooming are rooted in childhood. The puppy was simply not accustomed to this procedure according to all the rules, did not show him how to behave or injured him by his wrong actions.
Methods for grooming aggressive dogs
It is quite difficult to trim the coat of a pet with deviant behavior, especially if the animal is a representative of large breeds. However, it is possible by applying the rules. First you need to determine the reasons for the dog‘s anger and begin psychocorrection. The animal should not be afraid of tools, scissors, combs, cars. Accustom him to the sounds he makes, let him sniff everything, and only then start.
If the procedure is urgently needed and there is no time to work with the psyche, the following techniques are used:
- Dislocation depending on the problem. If the animal is nervous about an unfamiliar place and people, the ideal solution is to trim yourself at home. But if the dog is a dominant, then it is better to take it to the salon for grooming, in an unfamiliar territory it will behave more calmly.
- Sedatives of various strengths.
- Muzzle to prevent biting the groomer.
- Fixation systems in a certain position.
- Anesthesia. The most dangerous and rarely used method is suitable only as a last resort, since any administration of such strong drugs is a huge burden on the heart and the entire body. Plunging your pet into sleep for the sake of a haircut, you risk his life, because the dog may not wake up.
How to wash your dog after a walk
Now, consider a few basic rules for bathing a dog in the spring and autumn, when he comes running from the street with a dirty belly and paws:
- Regardless of the time of year when you brought your baby home, you must immediately teach him to wash his paws after a walk;
- In the spring and autumn, the paws are washed with exceptionally lukewarm water. In winter, it is extremely cold. The problem is that the sensitivity of the dog’s paws is twice as high as ours. so imagine what will happen to your pet if you put its paws in a basin of hot water;
- Do not use a container with a large capacity. It is enough to take a small basin and a cloth;
- When adopting a puppy, you should immediately think about the process of accustoming to washing after the street.
In the summer or hot season, many dog breeders simply water their pets with a hose, and they are calm about it. If your dog has a thick coat, then in hot weather, having organized a bath for them, they themselves will jump into it and cool down.
How to properly wash your dog at home
How to wash a dog is a pressing question for many novice dog breeders. If you look at wild dogs, they don’t bathe at all. to dive into a puddle or body of water, the animal must have a good reason. Young dogs may not bathe due to the high-quality work of the skin secretion, which actively cools the skin, disinfects it from parasites and cleans the coat. When dogs (both wild and domestic) have “bathing days”, they begin to actively roll around, cleaning off the adhering dirt mechanically wiping it off.
Often, a situation arises when a dog begins to roll on an instinctive level in slop, rotten stuff, or worst of all, in the excrement of other animals that have an attractive smell to mask their own. In this case, only bathing the pet will be salvation. In principle, there is nothing complicated here, but it is better to master a few simple rules, which will subsequently help to wash the dog with high quality and not harm his health.
Basic rules. bathe your pet yourself
None of the dog handlers will ever say how many times a year you need to bathe your pet. Basically, dogs are bathed every six months or every three months. Particularly whimsical dog owners bathe their dog every 5-7 days. If you have a large dog, it is recommended to seek help from specialized salons. It will be very difficult for a girl to cope with, for example, a Newfoundland or a Doberman, who is afraid of swimming and starts to struggle. And if you have a brachycephalic representative, then you can do such business. It will be necessary to know about blankets for dogs
When washing a pet in an apartment, several recommendations must be taken into account:
How to Groom a Matted Dog That Bites
- Approximately 1-2 hours before swimming, it is necessary to close all doors, windows and vents. a wet dog and a draft are not compatible things;
- The bath is taken by a pet only with a collar and with a leash;
- Do not allow shampoo, soap and water to get into your pet’s ears. Animals with cropped ears bathe in a hat or they do not wash their heads at all. the rule is the simplest, and its observance will not allow your pet to get sick;
- You should take care of your pet’s health and cover the bathroom floor with a large blanket or sheet. These measures are necessary so that, jumping out of the bathroom, the dog on wet paws does not slip and does not elementarily break its bones;
- If your dog has bitten before or still continues to do so, it is recommended to wear a muzzle. this will avoid unnecessary injuries to the owner and a bath from unnecessary pogroms;
- In the process of washing your pet, do not force it to sit there. praise the animal, encourage it. If necessary, treat yourself to a “tasty treat”;
- Wiping down will require several towels. their number is calculated based on the size of the dog. Remember! After washing, the pet should be as dry as possible;
- Do not dry your dog with a hairdryer! If you use it, then the blowing should be done with a slightly warm air stream;
- After bathing, do not drag your dog outside. If she starts to rush around the house, do not interfere. This is a natural process of muscle repair and toning.
- To simplify all this, you can trim the doggie (preferably with a typewriter).
The question may arise. is it possible to wash the dog with regular shampoo? We will answer. you can. The main thing is that it contains components such as protein, fatty acids and substances that leave the skin dry.
Selection of detergents for the type of dog skin
The question may arise. how to wash the dog if there is no shampoo? Everything is simple here. you can use baby shampoo with enough lecithin and lanolin. If even baby shampoo is not at hand, rinse the pet’s skin with plain warm water.
Animals that have fallen into dirt or debris should never be washed with soap or a puppy! It is better to break the egg yolks into water and mix them thoroughly. Use the resulting mixture as a rinse, massaging the skin thoroughly and then rinsing it off with a stream of water.
Attention! If your dog’s coat becomes dull, this is the first sign that the detergent you are using is not suitable for your pet.
After completing the preparatory procedures and preparing the necessary conditions and means for washing, you can proceed directly to bathing your pet.
Let’s take a step-by-step look at how to properly bathe a dog:
A comfortable temperature is selected initially. Dogs do not like hot and cold water, so you need to create normal conditions first. Before dousing the dog, you need to make the water warm enough so that the animal does not freeze, it is especially important when bathing a puppy who has not had time to develop immunity. If washing is carried out in a vessel (bath, sink, basin), you must immediately draw water up to your knee;
Wet the pet’s torso. It is not worth washing the face, otherwise the water will get into the ears and eyes, from which the animal will have discomfort. It is recommended to wet the dog up to the neck so that the coat in all layers is saturated with water. If the dog has a thick coat, it will take some time for this. It is not worth using a strong pressure for washing, this will frighten the animal, it is better to set a steady flow of water, and use special nozzles on the faucet, which will allow you to wash the dogs more efficiently and simply;
Shampoo is applied. Modern shampoos foam well, but with long pet hair, the liquid still does not penetrate deeply. For better results, it is worth foaming the detergent beforehand in a small container with a little water added. This approach will distribute the shampoo evenly throughout the coat. For a short-haired dog, it is enough to apply the cleanser to the body and rub it all over the body. If shampoo is used, then a washcloth and a sponge are not needed, it is enough to manually foam the substance and apply to the animal. The advantage is that the owner will be aware of the condition of the animal and will detect growths or lumps, if any. It is necessary to wipe the wool from the detergent along the growth of the hairs;
- After rubbing in the shampoo, you need to leave it for a while, which is indicated on the package;
- It is necessary to wash off the soap from the wool with high quality, pouring water until it becomes transparent;
- It is not worth washing the face, as this can lead to the fear of the animal, perhaps it will begin to break free. To remove dirt from the muzzle, you need to use a damp cloth and remove dirt with it;
- Dry the animal with a microfiber towel;
- Comb the coat while it is wet to avoid tangling;
- Treating a dog to a dog will help to pacify the animal and teach it to wash in the future.
Dog smell. how to get rid of amber
How to wash a dog so that it does not smell like a dog is another pressing question that arises among many dog breeders. It should be noted right away that healthy pets will not show a smell, since this is unnatural for a predator in nature. The appearance of a scent is a signal of poor (improper) care of the dog.
Tip: Don’t spray your dog with perfume or deodorant! These manipulations can not only ruin the animal’s fur and harm the skin, but also easily deprive the pet of its sense of smell!
To get rid of the dog smell, it is recommended to perform the following manipulations:
- Regularly wash the mat your puppy sleeps on (at least once every two weeks);
- Constantly wipe the place where the dog is resting;
- Stress. from fear, the puppy may release a special secret that will only increase the level of unpleasant odor;
- Constantly monitor the condition of the dogs’ ears. only they are enough for the scent to spread throughout the entire room;
- Monitor the condition of the coat. Brush out excess hair constantly;
- Pet diet. May solve the problem. Eliminate all junk food from his diet. If in the process of proper nutrition the amber disappeared, then your pet is allergic to some product;
- To eliminate the faint unpleasant odor, special dog perfume is sold;
- You can also get rid of the amber by rubbing the dog’s coat with a solution of water and vinegar. Remember, the procedure should not be repeated more than once a month.
Pay attention to a factor such as the use of dog deodorants. by masking the scent, you can miss the manifestation of symptoms of possible diseases. If all else fails and the unpleasant dog smell remains? Symptoms of the disease began to appear? We take our pet with us and hurry to the veterinary clinic! It will not be possible to make a diagnosis on your own, and an examination will avoid the development of the disease. Now it will be easy to bathe your dog. Compliance with the simplest rules for caring for your “baby” will avoid many problems, while the dog will be clean, tidy and energetic.
How to deal with an aggressive, biting dog?
Before proceeding with the procedure, the dog needs to be walked and fed. It will not be superfluous to give him some delicacy. Excitement, screaming, sharp movements can quickly be transmitted to the dog, making it angry. If during the procedure the pet becomes aggressive and biting, attempts to cut it should be stopped and the four-legged friend should be reassured. You can try to cut the animal again no earlier than in a week.
During this period, it is necessary to accustom him to good behavior during any manipulations with wool. Pretending to trim the dog, the owner should treat him with something tasty. There are dogs that only experienced groomers can handle. These are representatives of the dominant and nervous types. Large and especially aggressive dogs are muzzled before the procedure.
Some owners of four-legged aggressors have the idea to put them to sleep during the manipulation. However, veterinarians do not recommend this measure.
Pros: why a dog needs a haircut?
- timely detection of ticks from early spring to late autumn;
- facilitating hair care and eliminating the need for frequent washing;
- elimination of the appearance of tangles;
- prevention of heatstroke in hot weather;
- prevention of hearing problems due to long hairs getting into the ears of the dog;
- facilitating the application of veterinary drugs in the treatment of skin diseases;
- exclusion of long hair getting into the dog’s eyes and mouth while eating;
- participation in dog shows.
Dog grooming rules: algorithm of actions
To trim a dog beautifully, certain rules must be followed. Technique for performing a dog haircut:
- Pet washing, drying and brushing thoroughly. Long-haired and shaggy dogs should be combed before bathing. Do not cut wet wool.
- Removing tangles. Untangle slightly tangled wool with your fingers, cut off dense matted hair clumps with a collar cutter.
- Cutting the regrown hairs in the groin, around the anus, at the base of the tail, in the armpits. It is necessary to cut the hair in the genital area carefully, using a clipper with a medium-sized attachment or special scissors. To avoid injury, it is recommended to support sensitive areas with your hand.
- Removing hair between the pads and on the face with a fine-grip clipper or scissors.
- Shortening of regrown hair on the abdomen, neck, back and sides, thinning and trimming of hairs.
- Trimming or trimming paws, tail, muzzle and ears. These actions must be carried out taking into account the standard of a particular breed.
- Claw clipping.
Arguments “against”: why you can’t cut a four-legged pet?
Wool for these animals is a barrier that protects against precipitation, sun and insect bites. A shorn dog can tolerate heat much worse than its unshorn relatives. A short-haired dog is at risk of suffering from solar dermatitis, malignant and benign neoplasms on the skin.
An unscrupulous or inexperienced groomer in the process of work can accidentally injure a four-legged client and introduce an infection into the wound. Some breeders who oppose this procedure argue that the animal experiences severe stress during the procedure. When answering the question, why cut these pets, you can be guided by the opinion of most veterinarians, who do not recommend resorting to this manipulation without special indications. There are dog breeds for which a haircut is contraindicated.
How to prepare a place for a haircut?
A special groomer or ordinary table is suitable for work, in general, any horizontal surface. It is important that the person performing the haircut is comfortable and does not have to stand on tiptoes to reach the animal, or, conversely, bend over or squat. Frequent position changes and uncomfortable postures can cause the scissors or clipper to fall out of hand, become unusable or, much worse, injure the dog.
What tools will be needed?
Owners of these animals, who decide to trim their pet on their own, need to acquire:
- a typewriter;
- a stable groomer table, if there is an opportunity to purchase it;
- rubberized mat to prevent the dog from slipping.
Premium cars with a variety of attachments and additional accessories are suitable only for dog owners who are familiar with the basics of working with them. A simple electric dog clipper is enough for a home haircut.
Rotary machines, powered by electricity, are powerful and can handle even the most rebellious of coats. They are completely silent, so the risk of frightening the dog with a loud sound is excluded. Vibrators are commonly used to trim miniature fine-haired pets.
No matter how correctly the work is done, in the process of grooming a pet, you can encounter a number of problems. It will be possible to solve them if you know how to act in a given situation. What to do if the dog becomes aggressive and bites? What to do when the dog does not allow itself to be cut? How to deal with clipping an animal with a very fluffy and highly tangled coat?
To cut or not to cut the dog?
Some dog owners who have never cut them are at a loss as to whether their pets really need a haircut. This question has no clear answer. There is still heated debate around this topic. Some dog breeders are sure that this is an unnecessary and even harmful procedure, while others consider a haircut to be the same necessary component of dog care as brushing teeth and ears.