Greens, vegetables, fruits
The diet should contain vitamins. The pet gets them from fruits and vegetables. It is also worth giving the jungarik greens. Plant a bed of clover in your country house, which has a lot of useful properties. In addition to clover, pamper your pet with young plantain leaves and parsley. You can add dill to your diet. But, greens that have been treated with pesticides are not recommended for pets.
For vegetables, give preference to bell peppers, cauliflower and broccoli, carrots, pumpkin, cucumbers and tomatoes. If there are no legumes in the feed mixture, then we additionally give peas, corn and beans.
You need to be very careful with fruits. We give them in small quantities. We give preference to those fruits that grow in our region: apples, plums, apricots, grapes. You can include bananas in the diet of a Dzungarian hamster. But, since they contain starch, they are considered difficult foods for the digestive tract. Therefore, we do not often indulge them with bananas, which these pets like. You can include cherries, strawberries, cherries, gooseberries and rose hips in the diet. But pears should not be given. They provoke gastrointestinal disorders.
Dzungarian hamsters gladly eat not only fruits, but also gnaw branches of fruit trees. They should be given sprigs of apple, cherry and pear. They are not averse to feasting on young shoots of birch, oak and maple. But, you can not collect twigs from trees that grow in polluted areas of the city or are treated with pesticides.
The basis of the diet of Dzungarian hamsters is grain mixtures.
Useful sprouts of cereal plants sprouted on the windowsill.
- cashews, hazelnuts,
- flax, sunflower, sesame, pumpkin seeds.
The ready-made mixtures include peas, rolled oats, oats, corn, nuts, seeds. This package lasts for two months. Can be diluted with buckwheat, lentils, beans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds.
What can be given to Dzungarian hamsters
The basis of the diet of rodents is cereals, vegetables and fruits. Everything else is given for a nutritious and varied diet.
What can not be fed
Some foods used by humans are poisonous to animals. It is impossible to treat everyone without fear for the health of the rodent. The animal is small in size, an insignificant crumb will cause suffocation, intoxication, death.
What is forbidden for a Dzungarian hamster to eat:
- Cabbage, beans, loaf. cause fermentation, start the processes of putrefaction in the intestines.
- Potatoes. high in starch.
- Spices. irritate the digestive tract.
- Mushrooms are heavy food.
- Onions, garlic, sorrel.
- Honey, chocolate (rich in theobromine, which affects the cardiovascular system).
- Sour berries: sea buckthorn, drumstick.
- Raspberry. weakens.
- Almonds. contains toxic cyanic acid, hydrocyanic acid.
- Melons, watermelons. often processed with nitrates.
- Fatty food.
- loaf, baked goods, pasta. Black loaf. has a high acidity, causes gas formation.
- Milk, sour cream, cream, butter.
- Sausage, sausages include prohibited soy, starch, spices.
- Muesli, breakfast cereals. rich in sugar, harmful flavors.
- Exotic fruits. persimmon. are rich in astringents, tannins that cause constipation. Avocado (mass fat), pineapple, pomegranate, mango, kiwi, orange, lemon (acids).
- Apricot pits, peaches, cherries.
- Unpeeled seeds, pasta. injure the cheek pouches of animals.
- Brightly colored berries, fruits. cause allergic reactions. Watery eyes, redness of the skin, itching. a reason to refuse the product.
- Fatty cheeses. contain an excess of salt, milk sugar. lactose, which is difficult for the stomach to digest.
- Spices. rich in essential oils that cause allergies.
Can Hamsters Eat Peppers?
It is highly undesirable to regale the animal with food from the table, sweet, spicy, salty, flour, fried, flavored with spices, spices. Food from the refrigerator is prohibited, it must be at room temperature.
Can Hamsters Eat Green Peppers?
Predisposition to diseases:
Overeating is the most common cause of metabolic disorders in hamsters. You should not feed your pet just for fun, or because it stands on its hind legs. The animals already choose the tastiest components from the feed, which are also the most high-calorie. In a confined space, care and feeding should be aimed at avoiding excess weight.
The animal must be released for a walk, stimulate active games, and put a running wheel in a cage. Dzungarian hamsters are fed a maximum of twice a day.
The deliberate exclusion of sugar-rich food from the menu of the Dzungarian hamster will only benefit the pet.
Meat and boiled egg
Protein is essential for the growth and development of Dzungariks. The main part of the proteins of the hamsters is obtained from cereals, but it is allowed to additionally give them protein products. You can treat your hamster with meat and offal (liver, heart, tongue). But it is worth remembering that you cannot feed the crumbs fatty meats (pork, lamb).
Lean meat (beef, chicken) and offal should be cooked, without adding salt and spices. If an egg is chosen as the source of protein, then you should not throw out the yolk. it contains a lot of vitamins and healthy fats. You do not need to give a whole egg, you can treat the hamster with two-thirds of the protein and a third of the yolk. If you decide to add a quail egg to the diet, then feel free to give half a day.
Eggs are best consumed boiled, as there is less risk of salmonella infection, but it is not forbidden to give them raw. It is good to prepare a “salad” from a grated egg, carrots and your favorite hamster groats. Such a dish will contain a complete set of proteins, fats, carbohydrates and vitamins.
Is it possible for hamsters to melon, peel and melon seeds harm to dzungariks
For those who are in a hurry, let’s say right away: no, you cannot feed melons to Syrian and Dzungarian hamsters. It’s absolutely impossible.
First, let’s say that it is very good that you asked this question. This means that you really care about your pet’s health. Most people believe that their animals can do everything that they can. But alas, this is not entirely true.
To be honest, there is not even much to paint about harm and benefit.
Ripe, juicy. you can already smell this?
The reasons why this berry (yes, even though it belongs to pumpkin plants, but it is a berry) should be excluded from your pet’s diet are the same as in the case of watermelon:
- Melon is sweet. Some breeds of hamsters, for example, Dzungarian and Syrian, have a predisposition to diabetes. You wouldn’t feed a diabetic with sugar, would you? So the hamster does not need.
- She’s very juicy. Too much fluid (again with a lot of sugar) is more likely to be harmful than beneficial. too much stress on the kidneys. Hamsters have no sense of proportion, they will gnaw the flesh, crusts and seeds until they feel that they feel bad, and even in this case it is not a fact that they will stop.
- Melon crusts are also not worth giving. Ask what our fields are fertilized with. solid chemicals, nitrates, pesticides. Any means is good to make it grow faster. All this rubbish gradually accumulates in the crust. Why would a hamster taste the entire periodic table? They are not long-livers anyway.
Various nuts must be present in the diet. In addition, hamsters love them very much. So, for example, peanuts are a favorite treat for hamsters. But jungariks should not be given fried or salted nuts.
The perfect hamster pepper
Is it possible for Dzungariks and Syrian hamsters to have bell peppers, sweet and hot chili peppers
Here it is! Big, beautiful, red and juicy bell pepper. I wonder if hamsters can have bell peppers? It seems that they can’t have anything sweet, but we want our pet to grow up healthy. Vitamins are needed for health. Sweet bell peppers are full of them. So it is possible or not?
I wonder if I can eat this pepper?
Can a hamster have hot chili and paprika?
As for hot and pungent peppers, for example, chili, there is little information on them. On the forums of rodent owners, information is found that hamsters happily eat hot chili peppers, as well as sweet peppers and bell peppers, without negative consequences. Whether this is true or not, we do not know. We do not recommend checking.
Credible source? I don’t think.
Which is better: boiled, raw or canned
Another common question. is it possible for a hamster to eat bell peppers raw or is it better to boil them? The answer is simple. more than half of the nutrients are lost during heat treatment. Better to give the hamster fresh but clean bell peppers. And in order to dissolve and wash off the paraffin from the surface, pour boiling water over it or hold it under running hot water. As for canned or pickled peppers, hamsters shouldn’t be given that at all. Too much vinegar and salt in them.
How to feed your hamster with pepper
We choose only fresh peppers for feeding. No mildew, not sluggish. For the first time, give a small piece, literally from a fingernail and watch the pet. Give pepper to dzungariks especially carefully. It is a gentler breed than the Syrians. Unfamiliar food may not work for them.
Well, as small children. everything must be tasted.
Watch the animal. If no changes in his behavior and health have occurred in 2-3 hours, feel free to feed your Dzungarian or Syrian hamster with pepper.
Even if the first feeding was successful, this does not mean that you can throw a whole pepper into the cage and forget it for a week. With all the richness of vitamins and other usefulness, pepper cannot make up a large part of a rodent’s diet. It is a vitamin supplement. Not more. Bell peppers can be given to the hamster regularly in small pieces, a couple of times a week.
The benefits of bell pepper for hamsters
What are the health benefits of bell peppers for hamsters? First of all, it is vitamin C. According to its content, pepper overtakes even lemon! Fruits of yellow color are especially rich in them. This is an excellent remedy for the prevention of scurvy, joint inflammation (very useful for Syrian hamsters), and various infections. Ascorbic acid is useful for pregnant females and males for a quicker “recovery” from stress.
Other useful vitamins and minerals:
- Retinol. improves metabolism, vision, coat and skin condition. It is he who is responsible for the red color of the fruit.
- Niacin. soothes the nervous system, protects the skin and mucous membranes.
- Tocopherol. improves reproductive functions, accelerates the growth process.
- Lycopene. prevents the formation of tumors.
- Fiber. good for the digestive tract.
Is it possible for a hamster to paprika
The question is not entirely correct. Paprika is a spicy condiment made from sweet (non-hot) peppers. Who in their right mind would feed their pet with dried pepper powder? I suspect these are the same people who come to the site for the request “is it possible for a hamster to have beer or vodka”
VERDICT: Pepper can be given to Dzungarian and Syrian hamsters. Even necessary. Introduce into the diet gradually, in small pieces. If all is well, feed the hamster with pepper 2 times a week as a treat. The main diet of the rodent should be cereals (buckwheat, for example) or legumes.
Is it possible for Dzungarian hamsters to have bell pepper
The diet of decorative rodents does not differ in variety, it mainly consists of ready-made cereal mixtures with the addition of vitamins. However, animals, like humans, have taste preferences, in addition, they need solid food and additional sources of trace elements. In particular, hamsters prefer a variety of crispy vegetables, especially bell peppers. Is it possible to give the animal this delicacy and in what quantities will be discussed further.
Which is better to give
The selection of sweet peppers is very large.
To figure out which one your pet will like, you need to know how vegetables of different colors differ:
- red and orange fruits are generally the sweetest and most juicy. They contain the most vitamins C and A;
- yellow pepper is the leader in the content of rutin, useful for blood vessels, in addition, it also has a sweet taste;
- green pods are considered low-calorie, useful for obesity, but their taste is slightly worse than the previous ones, and the peel is coarser.
It is better not to give a boiled or canned product to hamsters. There are practically no nutrients left in boiled pepper, therefore, its use is meaningless, and pickled pepper, in addition, also contains vinegar or other preservatives that can be harmful to the animal.
What is good for a hamster
Sweet pepper is a very useful product, it contains a lot of vitamins C and B group, retinol. It is also rich in fiber, which helps to improve food digestion. Regular consumption of vegetables by animals will help in the prevention of obesity, improve the functioning of the rodent’s heart and well-being. In addition, the pulp contains enough water to keep your hamster hydrated during the summer.
How to properly enter into the diet
So, you decided to diversify the diet of your home hamster by adding sweet peppers to its diet.
Now it is important to figure out how to correctly introduce a new product without harm to the pet.
- The first and most important rule is to include the vegetable in the animal’s menu gradually, starting with a small piece, then in the absence of allergic reactions or indigestion, the serving size can be gradually increased to one slice, no more than a centimeter thick (which is about 20 g) per day, 1- 2 times per week.
- A product intended for a pet must be thoroughly washed and peeled and peeled.
- The hamster can only be fed ripe, healthy fruits, without damage, preferably grown on a private plot.
- You should not feed the rodent with pepper in the winter, since vegetables grown out of season contain significantly less nutrients.
- Fresh vegetables in the animal’s diet should be no more than ¼ of the daily food intake.
Is it possible to feed a hamster with bell pepper
Many pet hamster owners are interested in what foods can be given to their pet in addition to food. Their list is varied, including greens and vegetables. Hamsters like bell pepper very much, in addition, it is very useful, so it can and should be included in the diet along with other vegetables and fruits. However, we must not forget that some types of rodents have a very weak digestive system and the introduction of a new product in the pet’s menu can be harmful. Dzungarian and Syrian hamsters are especially sensitive to changes in nutrition, you can feed them with sweet pepper, starting with a very small piece, after which you need to observe the reaction to the product during the day. For these breeds, a vegetable that has been peeled and soaked in boiling water for five minutes is more suitable. Despite the fact that the leaves and stems of the plant are very juicy and tender, you should not give them to your pet, since the juice of the shoots contains a large amount of alkaloids and can negatively affect the rodent’s body.
Is it possible for a hamster to have hot peppers
Often, the owners of decorative rodents notice that the animal shows a keen interest in spicy food, in particular, it can quite easily eat hot chili peppers or other bitter varieties. Dzungarian hamsters are especially fond of this, while at first glance, they do not suffer from this at all. Yet, for many, this causes concern and quite rightly, spicy foods such as garlic, sorrel, pepper can cause swelling of the larynx, burns of the mucous membrane of the esophagus and stomach of the animal. Even if the animal behaves normally, it is impossible to assert that the product will not cause the development of pathologies. In the case when the hamster has eaten hot pepper, you need to observe its general condition, ensure that there is water in the drinker, and also check the animal’s stool during the day to make sure there is no diarrhea. If there are signs of breathing problems or other alarming symptoms, you should immediately show your pet to a veterinarian.
So, you have familiarized yourself with the features of including bell pepper in the diet of domestic hamsters. Undoubtedly, this product is very useful as it is source of vitamins and fiber. It is important to observe the norm, choose the right vegetables, then your pet will feast on pleasure and without harm to health.
Why is pepper useful?
Pepper is source of pectins, vitamins, among which vitamin P, which is quite rare in food, is combined with vitamin C, which is more in pepper than in lemon, it promotes the work of the heart, cleans blood vessels from cholesterol.?
Let’s remember right away that we are not talking about winter, greenhouse vegetables. They will not be of any use to a person, and even more so to a small rodent. Usually hamsters are unpretentious in their diet, they are almost omnivorous, but is it possible for hamsters to eat bell peppers? If your pet has eaten special grain mixtures all its life, then it is necessary to introduce pepper into its diet, like any other product, with caution.
Can hamsters eat bell peppers?
A pet is like a small member of the family, so it is not surprising that the owners care about its well-being. Proper nutrition is the key to health, it is very important to choose the right diet for your hamster. Consider bell peppers. Bright, beautiful, juicy. you just want to offer it to your pet, however, is it possible for hamsters to have bell pepper? Let’s try to figure it out.
We introduce a little into the diet
Choosing a ripe, undamaged pepper, offering the hamster a small piece. While it is worth stopping at this, watch the animal. If he is cheerful, playful, no indigestion. that’s okay. There is an individual intolerance to any product, if after a couple of samples of pepper the hamster is sick. you should not continue experimenting with this product.
If you are not sure how the product was grown, then in order to protect your pet as much as possible before offering pepper to your hamster, do the following:
- rinse the pepper thoroughly under running water;
- carefully remove all the seeds;
- peel off the skin, leaving only the pulp
Cook or not
Another question often arises. can a hamster be given boiled peppers? Heat treatment of any products is not advisable before getting on the table to the hamster, but it is quite acceptable to boil the pepper a little. It is usually believed that there are no vitamins in a boiled product and it is useless for a hamster, but if you put pepper in boiling water for literally 5-6 seconds, all vitamins will remain.
Of course, a hamster’s diet cannot consist only of pepper, the food should be varied. Offer your pet cereals, cereals or legumes and watch what your pet prefers.
Is it possible for hamsters to have red pepper, it is often hot. There are hamsters who gladly eat such, but still, before treating your pet, you should check if the red pepper is bitter! If you don’t feel bitterness, then you can safely give such a vegetable to a rodent.
Subject to some simple rules for introducing into the diet, the question “is it possible for hamsters to have bell pepper” will remain far in the past, and this vegetable will enrich the rodent’s diet with its beneficial properties and vitamins. Proper nutrition is the key to a healthy pet’s life, and it will delight you for a long time with its funny pranks!
Did you like the article? To share with friends:
What can you give hamsters “off the table”?
What do rodents eat at home besides the above? If the life and health of a hamster is dear to you, limit yourself to what we have already named.
Periodically, hamsters need to be fed with fresh herbs (include in the daily diet).
- Wheat or oat sprouts
- Young bamboo
Fresh greens are a great choice!
- Simple street grass
- Other herbs
It’s time to move on to the next section of healthy food. vegetables.
We feed with seeds, grains and nuts
This diet is close to what hamsters eat in their natural environment. They can eat:
- Pumpkin, melon, sunflower seeds (we feed infrequently and carefully. too high fat content)
- Groats (barley, wheat, oats)
- Legumes (green peas, lentils)
- Nuts (walnuts, pine nuts, peanuts, hazelnuts)
- Corn (it is undesirable to feed it to Campbell’s hamsters)
Hamsters love nuts. And very useful.
- Almonds (you can poison a rodent)
- Brazil nuts (too heavy for digestion)
- Fruit seeds (contain toxins and hydrocyanic acid).
Why does a hamster need squirrels?
The hamster is a vicious and bloodthirsty predator, and not a cute furry, as they used to think of it. Joke. Not so evil, but it is necessary to feed him with animal protein (2-3 times a week).
For a protein meal for hamsters, use:
Do not feed your pet with fatty dairy products and sausages.
How much hamsters eat?
Many people take hamsters as pets because they are cute “cheeks”. The problem is that they quickly gain fat and this shortens the life of the rodent. So please read the feeding guidelines below carefully.
Measure portions correctly!
The hamster is a nocturnal animal. In the evening he has “breakfast”, and it should become the main meal. Many give food to the pet only in the evening, and there is no mistake in this, but it can be divided by 2 times (give a smaller part in the morning).
How much food a hamster needs for every day is difficult to say, it depends on:
- Hamster breeds
- Health conditions
- Amounts of physical activity
When using ready-made mixtures, we recommend feeding the following portions (these are average values): the daily feed rate should be 2/3 of the hamster’s weight. Those. a hamster weighing 100 g should consume no more than 70 g of food.
List of healthy vegetables
Your hamster’s diet at home should include fresh vegetables. It is advisable to give them even when you use ready-made feed, at least in season.
- Bell pepper (this is the one that is not hot)
- Cauliflower (do not feed white cabbage!)
- Potatoes (too much starch)
- White cabbage (there will be stomach problems, of which gases are the most harmless)
- Canned vegetables (there is a lot of salt in canned food, and it is harmful to the animal, like other strong spices)
Do not give a lot of vegetables at a time: he will take them to the “pantry”, and there they will deteriorate.
What foods can be fed to hamsters?
- There is no need to select a diet (everything is already balanced)
- Convenient to dose (to feed in moderation)
- Dry food will not spoil in the animal in the “pantry”
If in your eyes the benefits outweigh the price tag, this is definitely your choice.
Do not try to feed your pet food for other rodents and, moreover, birds. At best, it will end up with digestive problems.
What can you give your hamsters besides food? on this later.
What berries can a hamster?
Follow the same guidelines here: less sugar and moderation. We also recommend removing the bones if they are large enough (they contain a lot of substances harmful to the hamster).
- Strawberries, strawberries
- Cherries, cherries (in small quantities)
The best strawberries. straight from the garden.