The arena is a small container-type fencing. The need for it arises when it is necessary to somewhat limit the cat’s contact with other pets in the house. The materials for the aviary are metal, wood, as well as a canvas stretched over the frame.
A stationary aviary is a fairly spacious structure that completely excludes any movement of the animal around the house area. Structurally, it is an imposing structure, equipped with everything you need. Usually it is used for the permanent stay of pets.
There are several basic requirements for cat fences.
- The enclosure must be functional, and its size must be comparable to the number of furry pets.
- It is advisable to equip any structure for the street with an awning or a waterproof roof. This will not only protect the cat from rain, but also prevent the agile animal from jumping over the walls of the enclosure.
- Another detail that is necessary for an outdoor enclosure is gutters, otherwise, after rain, water will begin to accumulate on the floor of the structure, which will significantly worsen the conditions for the pet.
- The design of the floor of aviaries can be the most monotonous. Most often, tiles or linoleum are used, in some cases they equip a plank floor, some areas are decorated with an artificial lawn. It is imperative that there are not too many gaps between the bottom and the side walls, as this can cause the cat to climb out and run away.
- When choosing a material for the walls, first of all, one should proceed from the conditions in which it is planned to install the aviary. Street structures, as a rule, are fenced with a chain-link net, and appliances for apartments are blocked with dense fabric. The use of glass materials is not permitted.
- Street structures are best placed in low-light, draft-protected areas. Being in direct ultraviolet rays is equally dangerous for both the bald Sphynx and the long-haired Maine Coon.
- If the aviary is equipped for an internal location in order to keep newborn kittens in it, it is important to create all conditions for the cat’s unhindered access to children. And at the same time, the freedom of young animals should be limited. here it is optimal to equip a window or a special shutter.
- Any aviary, regardless of size, should be equipped with drinking bowls, a cup for food, and a tray with filler. If the pet is on short-term overexposure, then the role of the tray can be played by a disposable diaper.
- For the most comfortable stay of the animal, it is advisable to equip aviaries with houses and all kinds of playgrounds.
- Even being in an aviary cannot protect an animal from diseases, so such pets, like everyone else, need timely vaccinations, treatment against worms, ticks, and fleas.
- As for the shape of Voltaire, there are no restrictions. This can be a walking trail, a multi-level recreation area, a games room, and much more.
An aviary for cats can be made at home with your own hands. Like any other building, work begins with drawing up a project. Usually, the dimensions of the installation are selected taking into account the number of animals, the breed, the size of the allocated area and the habits of the pet. For example, staying in a Maine Coon facility will require much more space than any other breed of cat, and a neutered cat is less active than an untreated one. it does not need a large play area. But still, the recommended minimum area for each pet is 2×3 m. it is better to adhere to it.
The creation of an outdoor enclosure includes several key stages.
- Layout of the area for the aviary in strict accordance with the drawings.
- Pouring the foundation.
- As soon as the concrete gains the necessary strength, you can start building the walls of the enclosure. First of all, the supports are mounted. As a rule, metal pipes are used for this, less often they put concrete pillars.
- Next, you need to tackle the roof. If the structure is located on the street, then the roof is made of slate or metal. They are considered a more practical option than polycarbonate, which allows sunlight to pass through.
- The walls are made of a chain-link mesh, while the size of the cells is selected in such a way that a cat’s paw cannot get stuck in them.
- After that, the floor is drawn up. The most demanded materials are planks, gravel, lawn grass. Combination of several materials possible.
- At the final stage, they begin the internal arrangement of the cathode. It is advisable to tighten a part of the wall with a canvas in order to protect the animal from a draft. Do not forget to install sun loungers, as well as scratching posts and play structures.
Many people think that the pet enclosure is more of a whim. This is not true. Any cats are predators by nature, they need time to play and warm up their muscles, which is why the aviary is considered the best solution.
The tradition of creating enclosures for cats and cats came to us directly from North America. There, for the first time, such structures appeared in nurseries with the largest breeds. Quite large structures, located in large areas in private houses, have received the name “cation”. This term was formed from two words: patio. “yard” and cat. “cat”. Many owners of these pets liked the idea, and they began to install aviaries in ordinary houses, as well as in summer cottages.
Aviary is a very functional structure. In the summer, many city dwellers move to summer cottages and country cottages, of course, take their pets with them. As a rule, during the move, no difficulties arise, but upon arrival, rather serious problems begin. Firstly, an animal accustomed to living in a certain (most often closed) territory can simply go for a walk and get lost. Secondly, in nature, he encounters neighboring cats. Such a meeting threatens the cats with special troubles, which many village cats seek to surround with their attention. The consequences of such an acquaintance are often unwanted pregnancies, fleas, lichen and intestinal parasites. Another rather significant danger to animals is posed by stray dogs, as well as cars of summer residents.
There are statistics according to which animals living on the street live much less. This risk increases significantly in the case of pets, which do not know how to react to attacks and do not know how to behave when a vehicle approaches.
That is why it will be a good decision to arrange the cat‘s stay zone so that the pet is protected from external threats, but at the same time does not feel discomfort.
In addition to outdoor structures, there are enclosures installed in the interior. The reasons for such barriers can be very different:
- childbirth of a cat;
- the need to protect a purebred cat from a cat;
- the period of the night stay of the animal;
- protection of the animal from small children;
- the period of temporary overexposure of the pet.
Today there is a wide range of all kinds of enclosures for cats.
The cage is a mobile mini-version of the aviary, which is necessary for short-term overexposure of the animal. It is usually made from metal rods or wooden slats. Cages can be installed inside the apartment, as well as on the loggia, veranda or on the territory of the summer cottage.
Aviary for cats: purpose, types and production
Our pets have become full family members for a long time, taking care of which forces us to devote as much effort, time and money to them as possible. It is for this reason that many cat breeders have mastered the manufacture of special devices, thanks to which cats have become comfortable and safe. The article will consider in detail animal enclosures, their functions, varieties and structural characteristics.
In conclusion. a small photo selection of the most original enclosures for your furry pets, which will help you make the right choice of a suitable fence option.
This is an extremely important factor that you need to think in advance so as not to embarrass yourself or your pet. To understand how to make an aviary as practical as possible, you will have to start with a drawing of the planned building.
The first thing to pay attention to is the physical parameters of an adult animal, and if there are several of them, then their number.
Consider an average one and a half meters aviary. A medium-sized dog or puppy will feel good in it. For an animal with more than 50 centimeters at the withers, it will be necessary to expand the aviary sometimes up to six meters. 65 cm at the withers. the reason for the construction of an eight-meter aviary.
In principle, any dog will fit in a ten-meter enclosure, if there are several of them, then we add one and a half meters to each. As for the height, it must be borne in mind that the dog standing on its hind legs should not touch the ceiling in any way.
The following options for aviaries can be distinguished:
- fully covered;
- with the presence of several blank walls;
- with a lattice wall;
- with an insulated floor;
- with a portable or permanent feeder.
If there are several blank walls in the aviary, then the open wall is mounted from metal rods. There must certainly be a door and on the territory you still need to arrange a feeder and a booth.
It’s time to talk about what to make an aviary from. The wall serves as an obstacle for the pet, so that he cannot leave the territory without your desire, and also protects him from wind, bad weather and the scorching sun, and the dog also needs at least one lattice wall for contact with the environment and observation.
Nails cannot be used to mount the walls, since the animal can pull them out, it is better to use self-tapping screws. In order to save money, it is not worth replacing the grill with a mesh, not only can the dog break it, it can also get hurt by it, as it will bite it.
For an adult large individual, a distance of 10 centimeters between the rods is suitable, for small ones. less. The main thing is that the dog’s head cannot get stuck in the grate.
The door should also be located on the side of the grate so that the dog and owner can see each other when opening the enclosure. Naturally, a bolt or lock is installed on the door, which the dog cannot open.
Aviary for a dog: options for stylish and beautiful fences for dogs (100 photos)
Large breeds of dogs give their owners not only aesthetic and mental pleasure, but also perplex them with a considerable amount of care and maintenance. When a puppy grows up rapidly, almost every owner in one way or another is faced with the task of arranging an aviary for his one or more pets, if the living conditions allow the possession of such a design.
The size of the enclosure and its characteristics are governed by special rules and require careful planning at an early stage. In this matter, one cannot ignore the size of the pet, the character, its breed and the requirements for its content.
The need to build an aviary may reveal itself at the most unexpected moment. For example, if there may periodically be people on the site who, for some reason, are afraid of the dog, or she reacts negatively or too actively to them.
If you have an outdoor enclosure, you will not need to worry about this, you can always close the animal in it for a while, without bringing it inconvenience or stress. It will also be useful if there are spaces on the site that you do not need to let the dog into, for example, flower beds, a swimming pool or a recreation area with a barbecue.
There are such cases that the owners even acquire an aviary in the apartment. Building requirements regulate the need for the dog to have enough room for maneuver, food and water, a place where the animal can lie down to rest and more.
Crafts from driftwood for the garden. If there is a creative imagination, then flowerpots can be made of snags and decorate a flower bed with them, and even see such strange creatures in them. There are also ideas for the garden, they are gradually accumulating, like the driftwood themselves, and I hope that interesting crafts will appear in the garden too.
Look, these horses and the dog are made of ordinary snags, this is an artistic look. Even a frame for a mirror or photo can be beautifully decorated with a variety of swirls and sticks. Not quite usual, but original and exclusive.
Another important point for resting the dog and warming the enclosure is the installation of the house. As a rule, the owners build a booth from boards or plywood, this is not so important. It will be useful to make sure that the roof is removed, so it will be much easier to clean the inside.
The opening in the booth is cut in a rounded shape, it is practical for the animal and reduces the penetration of cold. For the winter, a curtain is made of dense fabric so that snow does not blow into the booth and the heat is better preserved.
Floor covering in the aviary
There are a lot of options for materials for building a floor, the most popular of them are:
- concrete floors;
- cement strainer;
For example, a cement screed is a fairly cold surface, difficult to clean. But wood, on the contrary, in addition to being a natural material, it will calm the dog and will not create additional coolness. Wood can be used purely for sheathing floors built from other materials.
When choosing wood, it is important to pay attention to its integrity, smoothness and absence of signs of decay or bugs. Before use, the tree is always treated from moisture, fungus and other factors. The less the flexibility of the board, the better, it will help to avoid getting the dog’s claws into the gap formed due to deflection.
The floor should not lie directly on the surface of the ground, you will need to leave a gap of ten centimeters, and cover the soil with roofing material or concrete.
Start of construction
If the necessary space that can be given to the animal is available, but there is not enough money or there is a desire, you can build the structure yourself.
It is important to initially determine the exact location and dimensions of the future aviary. Do not forget about the convenience for yourself and your pet.
On private territories, it is better to install an aviary close to the house so that the dog can observe what is happening, the pet should not be lonely, he should not be nervous, otherwise you will listen to howling and unreasonable barking around the clock.
It is also not recommended to set the dog walking area along the fence adjacent to the road. Every person passing by, or a passing car will disturb the dog, regardless of whether she sees them or not, they are especially interested in their freely walking nearby animals, in addition, the pet can scare someone or try to run away.
Experienced dog owners and veterinarians recommend arranging the enclosure so that it is located in the area of the gate, from where the house is visible, but there is no direct adjacent to the street.
It is also useful to plant shrubs along the structure to protect against gusts of wind, which in hot weather will additionally create shady areas, and this is very important for large animals.
How to Build a Cat Run & Enclosure. What Materials We Used For DIY
With a thoughtful approach, the design will turn out to be reliable and there will be no need for alteration. The animal will feel comfortable, which is also important for the owner who is attached to him.
You can also get fresh ideas from videos and photos of dog enclosures. But there are still general rules. When designing, you need to think in advance about snow melting in winter and water runoff.
The easiest way is to build a gable roof from one of the materials, suitable:
- ordinary slate;
- metal tile;
- corrugated board;
- soft roof.
The latter is made of bituminous shingles, which save well from precipitation, are wear-resistant and soundproof. The roof slope is designed towards the drainage system, in order to avoid the formation of puddles around the enclosure.
When installing a roof, it is best to leave a third of the space uncovered, this will provide a sufficient amount of lighting and will not completely isolate the animal from the natural environment.
Note that the booth should be somewhere in the corner, completely covered with a roof. Firstly, it will keep both the booth and the dog dry, and secondly, it will prevent the dog, having climbed onto the booth, jump out onto the roof or onto the street.
What are the reasons that lead to the need to purchase a cage for keeping a cat at home? Among them:
- prenatal period, because in the last week of pregnancy, the cat is shown peace, and there may be restless babies in the family who bother the animal;
- recent lambing, and a secluded, protected and safe home will not hurt a cat with newborn kittens;
- the postoperative period, when the patient needs to maintain peace, sterility and cleanliness;
- safety, because a separate enclosure in the country house protects the kitten from communication with homeless animals and loss.
Galvanized kitten enclosure (Dog Land). A reliable coating will last a long time. It is sold in sections that can be easily assembled into any desired figure in a summer cottage or a country house site. The size of one section is 6055 cm. The segments are fastened to each other with plastic ties.
The aviary is suitable for keeping cats and dogs in the open area.
The aviary can also be used for kittens.
- Mark on the selected area the dimensions of the aviary, according to the chosen plan, and dig holes around the perimeter at a distance of 1-1.5 meters to install the posts. metal pipes. The length is selected taking into account the roof slope. Provide a place for the entrance gate.
- Insert columns pre-cut to a certain length into the holes, strengthen vertically with rubble and concrete.
- We weld the same pipes to the upper parts of the posts along the perimeter. Roof frame ready.
- Installing the mesh using wire and welding.
- We attach a wooden beam to the upper frame with self-tapping screws.
- It remains to put the slate, securely fastening with slate nails.
- We make a wicket separately and hang it on one of the posts using welded hinges, not forgetting about its reliable fixation (latch).
- The design of the floor can be different, in our case. lawn grass. Other options: fine gravel, poured concrete, paving slabs, boardwalk, untreated natural stone walkways.
We made an aviary using a mesh for the walls. We offer another option. to build a similar aviary next to the country house. Then the wall of the house with the window will simultaneously serve as one of the walls of the enclosure. The animal will have an unhindered opportunity to enter and exit home through the window.
Such an aviary must comply with all sanitary standards. In it, even with the smallest dimensions, there must be a place for a toilet tray, a container for food and fresh water. Installation of a small cat resting house is encouraged. You can equip the interior space with a playground with stairs and multi-tiered shelves, toys tied to them, numerous labyrinths and a place for hide and seek, hammocks.
All listed items must be made from natural materials, and wooden products are not recommended to be painted or varnished. Carry out processing with special means.
The Triol model is an octagonal awning for pets. The playpen is made of synthetic environmentally friendly material (100% polyester), and has dimensions of 740 740 345 mm. There is a rigid metal frame under the fabric, the structure is foldable. When assembled, the arena does not take up much space. If necessary, a removable roof made of rubberized fine mesh is put on top, which closes with a zipper. All 8 large perimeter windows are equipped with the same mesh. The moisture-proof bottom is removable, easily and quickly fixed with adhesive tape.
The playpen is perfect for a cat before giving birth and for keeping a kitten with her. Can be used both at home and on a personal plot.
Available in three sizes.
All types of animal fences are divided into three main types:
- Cells. Mobile, convenient fences for installation in the apartment. Are a wooden or light metal grille.
- Playpens. They can be made of fabric, wood or metal mesh. As a rule, these are foldable models, convenient in storage and transportation.
- Aviaries. The design of solid dimensions for open spaces is made according to an individual project and is equipped with everything necessary for the life of an animal.
Before proceeding with the manufacture of a playground, it is necessary to decide on its type and elements used. First of all, the choice is influenced by the area of the room, as well as the amount of space that the owner is ready to allocate for the game complex. When the installation site and type of construction are selected, it is worth taking care that the complex will harmoniously fit into the interior of the room.
When choosing materials for the manufacture and upholstery of structures, you need to pay attention to how they will be combined with the interior design. Also, do not forget about the safety of pets and make sure that all elements of the complex are reliable and durable.
Depending on the area on which the complex will be located, its size will depend, as well as the number and types of constituent elements. Ready-made drawings of structures with dimensions can be found on various resources, as well as made independently, according to your own unique project.
Depending on the elements that are included in the game complex, as well as on the method of their fastening, there are three main types of products.
- The first option is a floor-standing construction for games. This variety is one of the most common and can be both large and small. The small design is convenient in that it does not take up much space and can easily be moved to any convenient place. The floor complex is a stable vertical structure, consisting of several floors and scratching posts in the form of pillars.
- A wall-mounted complex involves the use of various structures that are attached to vertical surfaces such as walls and doors. Most often, various shelves and small hanging houses are used to create a play area.
- The last type of home playground for cats is called a spatial complex. This type requires a large area to accommodate all the elements.
The spatial complex implies the use of both horizontal and vertical surfaces in the apartment for the placement of composite structures.
Self-production of a play complex for cats allows you to choose all the components at your discretion. There are several basic standard types of designs that are used to create play areas for cats.
- Pillars that act as load-bearing elements. They are used in floor complexes and can serve not only as structures for the movement of cats on floors, but also be a scratching post. In any case, the surface of the products should not be slippery and smooth.
- Not every cat may like hammocks, since this element is not very stable. Most of all, such a product is suitable for small kittens. When making a hammock, it is best to sew on cords for attaching from both sides to make the product more reliable.
- Shelves and horizontal platforms are some of the favorite designs of cats, as these animals love to be at a height. Shelves are an integral part of wall and space complexes, and platforms are part of the floor. The platforms are installed on poles and it is important to make such a structure as stable and durable as possible.
- Mini houses can be wall-mounted, pole-mounted or floor-mounted. This element is most often made in the form of a cylinder or a cube, with one hole. For the most part, pets need such a design not for games, but for solitude and relaxation.
- Cats can use horizontal gutters and tunnels with multiple holes for active play as well as open rest houses.
- Scratching post, which can be either flat or made in the form of a pillar.
- Cat toys that can be easily and safely for the health of the animal made part of the play complex. Most often, such toys are those items that can be hung, for example, balls of fabric or thick threads.
- Ladders, slides and ropes are more suitable for kittens than for adult cats. It is most often inconvenient for an adult large pet to move along such structures.
Making a play complex for cats with your own hands
What materials and tools may be required?
After the play complex for the cat is designed, it is necessary to prepare materials and tools for its manufacture. The optimal materials for creating all structures are plywood or chipboards, since they have an optimal price-quality ratio. Also, to create some designs, you can use thick sheets of cardboard or ready-made cardboard boxes.
To decorate the elements of the playground, you will need carpet, thick ropes and thick fabric. Sometimes foam rubber is used as a finishing material. If the complex will include tunnels, then large-diameter polymer pipes can be used for their manufacture.
Also pipes can be used as pillars.
To assemble the elements of the complex, as well as fasten them together or hang them on the wall, you need nails, screws, as well as fasteners and ties for furniture. You may also need strong ropes to hang hammocks, toys, or other items. High-quality durable glue can be used to fasten some structural parts.
As for the tools, first of all it is necessary to prepare a screwdriver or screwdrivers, scissors, a drill and a hacksaw. A hammer, sandpaper and electric jigsaw may be required as auxiliary items.
The process of building a dog enclosure
The drawing is ready, the location of the enclosure and its dimensions have been determined, building materials have been purchased, which means it’s time to move on to the process itself. Construction must begin with driving corners into the ground around the perimeter of the future dog enclosure. First weld the transverse corner horizontally. It is he who will fasten the vertical corners together. When installing the structure, remember that you need to choose a place for the wicket. And also provide a cutout at the bottom of the grille. It is likely that the dog will have to be fed to strangers, and it can be aggressive.
Next, start building the floor. It should not be left with an earthen one for the reason that the dog can easily make a tunnel from below and run away. The back and side walls will need to be sheathed with boards. Slate or plastic can also become a wall. However, wood is the most reliable and environmentally friendly option. These walls must be built of dense material in order to avoid drafts and not to chill the dog.
Next, install metal rods or metal mesh on the other walls. You can make a roof only above the booth or around the entire perimeter of the pet’s enclosure. If possible, a fence can be used as two wooden walls.
DIY INEXPENSIVE OUTDOOR CAT HOUSE ENCLOSURE
The grate can be welded to the fence. But if there is no welding device, proceed as follows:
- drive the rods into the ground at a distance of ten centimeters between each other;
- purchase wooden beams and make notches on them, the depth of the notches should correspond to the width of the iron rod;
- attach the bar to the rods so that each rod goes into the notch;
- fix with a corner (we drill holes in a bar and a corner and fasten them with bolts).
If you follow the procedure in this way, the grill will come out strong and secure. The door at the gate will need to be hinged or bolted. There are two locks to make: a latch and a hinged one. The heck can be done outside and inside. For example, if work is being carried out on the installation of the booth and the owner will need to close with the dog inside the structure.
Pet enclosures for small dogs
Aviaries are needed not only for owners of summer cottages and cottages, but also for residents of apartments. No, of course, no one builds such huge structures. But still, some owners of miniature decorative dogs prefer to limit their freedom by an aviary.
What should be a dog enclosure
The basic requirement for building an aviary is as follows: remember that you are building a house for your dog and it must be comfortable, cozy and calm. In the aviary, the dog should feel warm and dry. After all, the dog there not only sleeps or eats. He also plays there, rests, guards the territory.
Your dog should have enough room to move around inside the enclosure, so:
- an aviary for a beagle, spaniel, shiba inu or other medium breeds no more than 50 cm at the withers, the area must be at least six square meters;
- an aviary for a husky or a Labrador, as well as other dogs whose height at the withers reaches 65-70 cm, you need to build an aviary with an area of eight meters;
- an aviary for a Caucasian or Central Asian Shepherd Dog, Alabay should be very large: at least ten square meters. desirable.
We have decided on the size of the area. But what about the sex of the animal? For a bitch and a dog, the requirements are completely different. A female individual needs a maternity ward and a vestibule, which will be in the aviary. It should be protected as much as possible from bad weather, because the bitch will have puppies and they will not be in the booth, but will move around the entire area for their games.
A dog needs a large and reliable kennel, he is physically strong and sturdy. A large and strong dog is able to knock a lock or break an aviary, so he must be strong.
Dog booth and feeding area
Be responsibly building or purchasing a booth. After all, this is your pet’s home, refuge and place to sleep. Consider the following nuances:
- the size of the booth should be suitable for the pet in size;
- inside the dog should be able to turn around and stretch;
- the dog does not need a lot of space, such a booth will be cold;
- use coniferous trees for the walls of the booth;
- if the climate is harsh, additionally insulate the walls;
- make the roof of the booth removable, so you can easily get to the dog or get it out of the booth in case of illness;
- it is better to make the roof flat. for the dog this is an observation point for what is happening;
- make sure that the dog does not leave the enclosure using the booth as a help.
Set up a feeding place closer to the fence. It is better to make or purchase a special table with recesses for bowls for water and food.
Drawings for the construction of a dog enclosure with your own hands
Once you have decided on the size of the aviary, make a drawing. To do this, you can use a ready-made project or make it according to your idea. After the drawing is ready, take care of the building materials to build the aviary.
Making an aviary for your beloved four-legged pet is not at all difficult! It will be great if you have welding equipment. However, you can also use an ordinary hammer drill.
For the construction of the structure, you will need:
- metal corner;
- iron bar or finished wrought iron grate;
- roof material;
- wood for decoration;
- dog kennel.
Features of the structure of the walls, floor and roof in the dog enclosure
If the enclosure is being built for a dog that will always live in the yard, it is important to protect it from drafts and to lock the adjacent and back wall of the enclosure. To build these walls it is better to use:
- wooden type-setting board;
- thick wood plank in metal frames;
- monolithic concrete;
- cinder block.
The open wall should face south, southeast, southwest. It is made from metal rods.
The gate is made using a metal frame and iron rods. How should the aviary be closed? Remember, dogs are smart and cunning creatures. They open many locks with ease. Constipation must be secure and located outside.
Give your dog a warm, dry floor. The best option for the floor is wood. The thick plank floor is durable and draft-proof. The base can be made of concrete, but in this case it is necessary to have a wooden deck with ventilation from below.
Boards must be treated with special agents to protect them from mold and decay, and also make sure that there are no knots and nails on them, because the dog can get hurt.
You can make a wooden flooring in the form of a panel structure. In this case, you first need to assemble a metal frame from a profiled pipe. Then sheathe it with boards with a thickness of at least 40 mm.
When installing the floor, pay attention to the fact that the boards should not bend and there should be no gaps between them. Otherwise, the dog will easily hit there with its claw. The bottom of the boards should always be open, this will prevent rotting processes. It is best to waterproof the soil under the flooring using a material such as roofing felt.
In order to create the desired gap, it will be necessary to raise the flooring on a stand, brickwork will serve as a support.
There are no special requirements for the roof, only the presence of a large visor is important. It can be made of absolutely any roofing material. For example, from:
- metal tiles;
- soft roof;
- professional sheet.
The best roof will be the one that will not only protect the dog from precipitation, but will have high noise insulation. The slope of the roof must be done towards the drainage system. Thus, water will not accumulate under the deck.
A general condition for a dog in an aviary is the availability of a place for walking and a spacious booth there. The booth should not be huge, but nevertheless, the dog should sleep comfortably in it, stretched out with his whole body. In cold weather, the dog with its warmth should warm the house from the inside. The presence of a place for walking is also necessary in order for the dog to pee. And also run or stretch. There may be a vestibule next to the booth: the dog’s personal belongings can be stored inside it. For example, toys, bones, bowls. And also a maternity ward for puppies.
Where should the dog enclosure be?
The most important thing is to choose a place to build an aviary on your site. It is not necessary to locate the aviary in the most remote place of the yard. There is a great opportunity to regret what you have done, because a dog that is isolated from society will worry and bark loudly.
A dog enclosure will be superfluous and next to the fence: in this case, your dog will be interested in people passing by. And if the dog is big, it can easily jump over the fence, for example, in winter, choosing a snowdrift as a fulcrum. It could end in trouble for both of you.
The best place for an aviary is the frontal part of the yard. The dog enclosure will be located near the gate to the house and next to the path. Thus, the dog will be able to observe what is happening around, but at the same time it will be quite isolated in its shelter.
Provide your four-legged friend with good living conditions. After all, the construction of an aviary is a serious matter, it should be approached with special responsibility. Before starting construction work, you should consider:
- dog breed;
- the age of the pet;
- the sex of the dog;
- location of the site;
- wind rose.
Calculating the size of the dog enclosure
If we have decided on the area of the enclosure, then what about the height? The height of the enclosure should be designed in such a way that the dog can stand freely on its hind legs without touching the roof.
How to make an apartment enclosure for a dog?
When you bring a new family member into the house. a small dog or a puppy, a new unfamiliar world opens up in front of him. To protect the pet from dangers and equip its “place”, we suggest building an apartment enclosure with your own hands. It will become the personal space of the animal and will save both your pet and your home from troubles. We will tell you what such a dwelling is for and offer instructions on how to build it at home with your own hands.
Video “We make an aviary by ourselves”
Why does a dog need an aviary in an apartment?
An apartment enclosure is a necessary attribute for small breed dogs or puppies, which can be used:
- In the absence of the owner, so that the dog feels protected.
- In order to train the dog to the toilet and the plate.
- If these attributes are in the same place in the enclosure, the dog begins to get used to this order of things, which will save you from cleaning the “marks” in the corners.
- The design is needed to protect your property from your pet’s teeth. If you put special toys in there, the dog will happily chew on them, not your couch.
- An irreplaceable thing if you have other animals or small children in your house. He will not allow a dog to fight with a cat and protect the child from the sharp claws and teeth of the dog.
- Also, the aviary is used to isolate a sick pet or when raising a puppy (with excessive aggression; if the puppy constantly jumps onto your bed).
- The design will enable you to keep track of the puppy.
- The aviary is indispensable for a dog during the period of feeding puppies.
To make a wooden house with your own hands, you need:
- Cut the slats of the desired size (depending on the size of the animal) and knock down the frame (you should get a cube) using self-tapping screws.
- Cut the planks of the desired height and nail them along the entire perimeter of the frame close to each other (so that the pet does not get stuck).
- According to the same principle, make a door and put it on hinges on one of the four walls.
- Cover the floor with a thick cloth.
- Put toys, a blanket (sleeping place), a toilet, a bowl inside.
Tools and materials
From the grid
Do it yourself
In order not to spend extra money, the apartment aviary can be made with your own hands at home. The main thing is to choose the right place for the location of the dwelling, size and material.
It is forbidden to place such a playpen near batteries or other heating devices, near an open flame. The material must be non-toxic and durable (the pet will simply chew through the fabric).
As for the sizes, they are selected individually depending on the size of the dog.
- For a small puppy, a design with a height of 40 cm and an area of 0.5 square meters is suitable.
- For small breeds, indoor houses are made up to 80 cm in height with an area of 2.5 square meters (if a large apartment).
- It is not recommended to make a dwelling less than 0.5 square meters, since the pet needs free space, and also in the aviary you need to place a bowl of food, a toilet, a sleeping place and toys.
If you decide to make a home for your pet with your own hands, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the instructions that will facilitate the task.
We offer options for the manufacture of the two most common types of structures for keeping dogs in an apartment.