Intestinal obstruction may be the cause of feeling unwell. It occurs as a result of a foreign body entering the digestive tract. These items may include bones, small toys, Christmas decorations, or oversized hairballs.
Obstruction can also occur due to the development of a hernia, tumor, or volvulus. The pet not only lacks interest in food and develops nausea, it also does not go to the toilet. The condition is very dangerous and without the necessary therapy is fatal.
The problem is in the mouth
Diseases of the mouth can be a common reason for refusing to eat. The most common can be stomatitis, gum inflammation, tooth change.
The cat behaves quite normally during the day, a slight anxiety begins only when approaching a cup of food. Therefore, the owner may not notice the problem.
You need to examine the oral cavity and contact a specialist to prescribe treatment.
Diet after vomiting
After vomiting, the kitten is shown therapeutic nutrition, which will help restore the body and put in order the function of the gastrointestinal tract. Basic principles of the diet:
- absolute starvation for 12-14 hours after vomiting;
- drinking plenty of fluids every 1-2 hours (if the kitten does not want to drink on its own, water is given to the animal forcibly);
- after 12 hours. feeding low-fat foods in small quantities.
Products for feeding a kitten after vomiting:
- boiled white meat (chicken or turkey);
- rice porrige;
- chicken bouillon;
- baby food;
- fermented milk products (cottage cheese, fermented baked milk) with a mass fraction of fat not more than 5%;
- ready-made medicated food for premium and holistic kittens.
For the period of recovery of the body of a small pet, the following foods are excluded from the diet:
- whole milk;
- fatty foods. sour cream, beef, pork;
- spicy and spicy foods;
- fried food.
Poisoning and infection
Many indoor cats go outside. There, they can eat spoiled food or catch an infection. Severe poisoning is accompanied by constant vomiting and diarrhea. High probability of dehydration and death.
Infection with infections is accompanied by fever and nausea. It is necessary to quickly determine the type of pathogen and begin treatment. Contacting a veterinarian in these cases is mandatory.
First aid in mild cases
What is the right way to help a kitten in case of vomiting? If the baby, besides nausea, no longer bothers, the stool is normal, he is active and mobile, no action should be taken to treat the pet, it is enough to observe the cat’s condition for the first day. If the animal becomes worse or vomiting repeats many times, you will have to take the patient to the veterinarian.
If the pet has eaten and vomits, the kitten is not fed for 12 hours. A small unloading will help restore the digestive tract.
In case of poisoning, the pet should be provided with access to clean drinking water. drinking plenty of water will help cleanse the body of toxins and toxins. If the animal does not want to drink on its own, it is necessary to water the kitten from a syringe or pipette every 2 hours. If vomiting is accompanied by diarrhea, you can give your pet Smecta powder dissolved in warm water. After poisoning, the first 2-3 days you need to feed the baby low-fat food.
Caring for a kitten until it recovers
In case of poisoning, overeating, food intolerance and other reasons that caused vomiting, the kitten should be looked after. It is necessary to create the most comfortable home conditions for the pet so that it quickly gets better.
In the first hours, when the animal vomits, you need to lay the pet on a soft bedding, hang its head down a little and turn it on its side. the kitten may lose consciousness and become bloated with vomit. In case of poisoning, give the animal a solution of Smecta or Enterosgel to drink.
If vomiting is repeated, it is necessary to give the baby slightly salted water to drink to avoid dehydration. You can prepare a chamomile decoction for your pet to strengthen the body and combat poor health.
Possible causes due to the type of vomit
Often the health of cats is normalized and does not pose a threat. But there are situations when a minor deviation in the pet’s health develops into a serious pathology. There are several main causes of nausea.
The reasons why a cat vomits bile and does not eat anything
The situation is somewhat different if the pet is worried about vomiting of bile, while he himself refuses to eat, but only drinks water. In most cases, this indicates a serious disorder in the digestive system.
The most common reasons for this behavior of a cat are:
- Ingress of foreign bodies into the stomach, for example, celluloid casings from sausages or sausages, small fish or chicken bones. Indigestible objects, when they enter the animal’s body, remain there for a long time, constantly irritating the mucous membrane. As a reaction in an enhanced mode, bile is produced and the cat vomits it.
- Worm infestations, poisoning with poisonous substances, infectious diseases. all this provokes the gag reflex in the animal. Separately, it is necessary to recall what harm to the animal’s body is caused by worms, which not only regularly poison the blood with a huge amount of toxins, but themselves are a strong irritant factor. Lethargy and drowsiness of your pet is one of the main signs of infection with worms.
- A similar situation can arise if, as a result of apathy or illness, the pet has refused to eat for a long time, and when it feels better, it began to overeat. To cope with the large volume of food received, the stomach begins to produce bile in large quantities. It inevitably irritates the mucous membranes, causing profuse vomiting.
- Cancers have similar symptoms. A great danger is posed by vomit with bile and blood. in most cases this is a sign of tumor processes.
You need to worry about the condition of your pet if he did not eat anything, but at the same time he is tormented by vomiting with bile.
How to help a cat with vomiting
- The animal is stopped feeding and provided with an adequate amount of drink. You can only give water, dairy products are not recommended during this period.
- The cat is given a weak solution of potassium permanganate, it can be added to drinking water or poured into the mouth from a syringe with a soft tip.
Previously, manganese is diluted in a small volume of water, and then it is added to the drink, and it is poured through several layers of gauze to prevent undissolved crystals from entering the stomach.
- Every two hours, the pet is given a smecta dissolved in a small volume of water.
Therapeutic fasting in cats should be about 12 hours. After that, you can gradually return the cat to the usual diet.
First, they adhere to a sparing diet and give boiled chicken meat, as well as strong rice water, then introduce chicken broth or special medicinal food. After 3-4 days, the cat is transferred to standard food.
Usually such actions are enough for the pet to recover and return to a full life.
Examination of cats
To identify the cause of frequent vomiting, the veterinarian interviews the owner of the cat and carefully examines the animal. If necessary, conduct a series of studies. This approach allows you to quickly find the cause of the ailment and start treating the sick pet. The inspection is usually carried out in several successive stages and consists of the following points:
- Interviewing the host for information on the frequency and duration of vomiting.
- Clarification of the cat’s diet, as well as the possibility of foreign objects entering the digestive tract.
- Determining the type and density of vomit, finding out information when the animal began to vomit.
- Examination of the animal, determination of the general condition and reflexes.
- Clarification of information about chronic diseases of the cat.
If the cat has only vomited a transparent liquid with a small admixture of wool, then it is worth observing the pet throughout the day. Most often, this condition stabilizes very quickly, and after a few hours the cat is playful and active.
However, when vomiting becomes indomitable and the animal becomes lethargic and lethargic, dehydration sets in very quickly, which causes irreversible processes in the body. You can’t hesitate here, only a doctor can provide help.
Severe cases may require surgery and intravenous fluids.
The owner should be alerted if the animal does not allow touching the stomach or taking himself in his arms. This may indicate an inflammatory process in the abdominal region.
What to do if a cat vomits with yellow foam?
If the cat vomits with yellow foam, it means that bile has entered its stomach. The cause is diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, colitis), biliary tract.
Yellowish vomiting in a cat may appear with calcivirosis, a sharp change in diet, or a foreign body entering the stomach. If the pet ate stale or low-quality food, the load on the liver increases. In this case, vomiting with yellow liquid may also appear.
If you suspect that an inedible object or poor-quality food has entered the stomach, you need to provoke an emetic urge.
Give the animal the saline solution. To prepare it, stir 1 tablespoon of salt in 1 cup of warm water. Drink the solution until the cat starts to gag.
If vomiting yellow foam was caused by poisoning, give your pet activated charcoal. With exacerbations of gastrointestinal diseases, exclude coarse, fatty foods from the animal’s diet.
In severe cases, when vomiting with yellow foam has been caused by infections, the cat should be shown to the veterinarian. In this case, you need to make droppers with saline solutions, drugs.
Providing first aid to a cat vomiting
When vomiting with bile appears, first of all, you need to protect the animal from taking any food until its condition is completely normalized.
Be sure to drink plenty of fluids so that the body does not additionally suffer from dehydration.
What to do if a cat vomits?
So what if the cat vomits with white foam? Observe your pet throughout the day. If the cat has vomited but is behaving normally, the signs of discomfort may disappear the next day.
If you suspect poisoning or an exacerbation of gastrointestinal diseases, you can try to help the cat by arranging a fasting day for her. This will restore the work of the damaged organ.
The next day, the animal’s condition should be normalized, vomiting stops. On the first day after the fasting day, give the cat rice cooked in chicken broth.
Feed your pet more often (up to 6 times a day), in small portions. On the following days, reduce the number of feedings and increase the amount of food. Then gradually introduce the cat to a regular diet.
If the vomiting was caused by a common indigestion, give your pet a mint infusion. Pour 1 teaspoon of the herb with 1 cup of boiling water and leave to cool. The drink must be warm. Drink 1 tablespoon of the product immediately after vomiting.
If you suspect an accumulation of hairballs in the stomach, drink 1 teaspoon of oil to the pet. l. You can add it to your feed. The oil is given 3 times a week. The agent has a laxative effect, vomiting stops.
If vomiting is a symptom of food poisoning, give your cat activated charcoal. For an animal weighing 5 kg, ½ tablet is required. With frequent and prolonged vomiting, antiemetic drugs can be used (Paspertin, Torecan, Phenothiazine).
To prevent dehydration, it is necessary to drink Rehydron, which replenishes the loss of salts and fluid in the body.
Kitten Rescue Cat Cam powered by EXPLORE.org
When do you need to contact a veterinarian?
The situation is complicated when the pet is vomiting and vomiting for more than a day, it becomes weak and lethargic and looks painful. If the cat does not go to the toilet, does not allow touching the stomach, an urgent need to contact the veterinarian.
Other reasons for contacting a specialist:
- After a hungry diet, the pet’s condition does not improve, it often feels sick (several times per hour).
- If the cat does not eat anything all day. In this case, frothy vomiting is most likely a sign of a serious illness.
- Vomiting is accompanied by intense thirst, and the cat does not go to the litter box. This indicates kidney pathology.
- Diarrhea, fever (above 38-39 ºС).
- Convulsions. The symptom indicates damage to the central nervous system.
- Bloody discharge is visible in the vomit.
- If a cat regularly regurgitates fur, its digestive system is not working properly. The pet may have a disease of the gallbladder, pancreas, or rectum.
Vomiting that does not stop for more than a day leads to dehydration. This condition poses a serious threat to life.
Severe dehydration with prolonged vomiting is indicated by the following symptom: lift a section of skin with your fingers and release it, it will slowly return to its original shape.
In order to prevent the death of the animal, you should not self-medicate. Be sure to show your cat to a veterinarian who will determine the cause of the vomiting and provide adequate therapy.
Causes of vomiting
If the cat starts vomiting, then first of all the owner needs to calm down and not let fear prematurely. The thing is that very often vomiting acts as a protective reflex of the body. For example, if a cat is sick in the morning, then most likely it is caused by banal hunger. If so, as soon as he eats, his nausea will go away.
But, of course, nausea can signal serious problems as well. The presence of parasites can cause vomiting. Two symptoms, the cat vomits and vomits, this is a signal that she has been poisoned by bad food.
Why does the cat vomit and eat nothing?
Every owner of a four-legged meowing pet worries about its health. But it happens that no matter how the owner is insured, no matter how he blows off the dust particles from his pet, the animal starts to get sick. My cat vomits and eats nothing, a complaint often heard by the vet.
But for what reason is such a disaster befell a beloved and sleek pet??
- Causes of vomiting
- Baby’s ailment
Vomit also varies in color and consistency. And sometimes she can help identify the causes of the ailment.
- When the cat is not eating and vomits white foam, it could be a symptom of liver disease. Also, not an unimportant role is played by how vomiting. For example, if you vomited 1 time, then most likely nothing terrible happened. But if the cat began to vomit badly, several times an hour, then it is not safe to postpone contacting the veterinarian.
- Mass with blood, this is a symptom that internal organs are damaged
- Yellow. Most likely, digestion is impaired, bile enters the stomach
- Green color. Can talk about problems with the gallbladder. Or maybe just because he ate too many fresh herbs
A common reason that a cat vomits is the ingress of wool into the stomach.
Vomiting in a baby
But what if the kitten does not eat anything and vomits? What could it be from?
- Change of food. The kid was taught to adult food too early
- Poor quality feed, or products from the human table
- Overeating, the baby has not yet learned to chew and has swallowed too large a piece
- Ingestion of wool in the stomach
- Ate a foreign object, due to age and natural curiosity, little kittens accidentally swallow pieces of paper or thread
- Poisoning, ate something chemical. For example, he can lick a floor that has just been washed with powder.
- Liver malfunction
When he is sick with white foam, this may indicate that he has eaten heavy food. And also that the baby has infectious diseases. Yellow foam, indicates that the baby has problems with the biliary tract.
If the cat does not eat or drink anything, he has bloody vomiting, speaks of internal injuries, ulcers, tumors. In this case, you need to be examined by a veterinarian as soon as possible.
5 Home Remedies For Cat Vomiting
In the vomit, worms are visible, which means that there is simply a huge number of parasites in the body.
The kitten is sick of food. Vomiting of undigested food may mean that the kitten has overeat. And also that his body does not perceive this food.
In order not to treat the pet and reduce the risks of the disease, you need to engage in prevention.
- Regular brushing of wool
- For prevention, long-haired cats are given a special paste that dissolves hair in the stomach.
- Carry out all vaccinations
- Treat parasites
- Check the expiration date of the food that the cat eats
But what to do if trouble nevertheless overtook your pet, and there is no way to see a doctor. Despite the fact that you are not a cat doctor, but just a loving owner, you can relieve a friend’s condition.
- Diet, but only if there is no blood and bile in the masses. The first thing you need to do is remove food and water so as not to irritate the intestines again. Such a hunger strike the next morning will bring relief to the animal.
- After a day, carefully start feeding. Rice water, medicated feed, poultry work well
- With rare vomiting, a decoction of chamomile and flax seed helps. It must be given along with water.
If you know for sure that the cat has been poisoned by chemicals, if possible, give him Atoxil or Enterosgel. These are drugs that remove toxins from the body.
When medical help is urgently needed
Perhaps the most important thing that every owner should know is that a qualified specialist should deal with the treatment of animals, as well as the treatment of people.
For some reason the cat does not drink
The main reasons why the kitten does not drink liquid:
- The baby just weaned from the mother cat still does not know how to drink water, he is not accustomed to it. When the baby is brought to the house, then you need to gradually accustom him to drinking from a saucer. It would not be bad for a kitten to appear in the house taught from the mother cat to drink water.
- When a cat’s drinking area is dirty, it will not consume this water. Cats are pretty clean creatures, so they won’t use a dirty bowl. It is for this reason that the cat drinks from the tap or from the aquarium.
- Sometimes utensils for drinking are made from low quality raw materials, they have a strong smell or color, and cats are very sensitive to foreign odors. A ceramic bowl is best suited for water for a cat, it is made of natural raw materials, has no odor, and washes well.
- When a cat does not drink from a bowl, this may be the reason that he is simply not accustomed to this procedure. He tries to drink from somewhere else. In this case, you need to observe where it is more pleasant for him to drink and try to provide similar dishes for replacement.
- The kitten may be frightened off by the smell of chlorine in the water. You can buy him bottled water or filter your.
- Another reason is pet illness. If he did not begin to drink liquid, then this may become a signal that the cat is unhealthy. For a more accurate diagnosis, you need to pay attention to symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting, weakness, apathy. In this case, you need to contact your veterinarian to diagnose and suggest how to get the cat to consume more moisture.
How can you train a cat to drink water?
In order to avoid further health problems, it is necessary to teach him to drink more from an early age. How do you do it? The easiest way to train your cat to drink water is after an active pastime. During play, a kitten loses more moisture than in a resting state. This is a great chance to teach them how to drink clean cool water from a bowl.
When the kitten absolutely does not drink, you can try to force him to drink forcibly, for example, with a syringe filled with water. You can also add extra liquid to the food your cat eats if it is low in water.
There is no need to put bowls of water next to the food that the cat eats, because the liquid should only be perfectly clean, otherwise it will be impossible to teach the pet to use moisture.
The selection method has proven itself well, for this you need to place bowls with the purest water throughout the house, in this way it is possible to find out exactly where the cat is more comfortable using moisture and what level is most convenient for him. You can try pouring into bowls of different shapes and sizes. As a rule, pets like bowls that resemble a lake the most, that is, the larger the volume, the more comfortable it is to use.
Canned food can be diluted in water, this can help to accustom him to water, but dry food should not be diluted, because this can lead to inadequate water quality.
Another aspect is the need to understand what kind of water the cat drinks more and better. Some animals prefer cold, some at room temperature, there are times when cats drink better warm water. When the animal prefers a flowing one, then you should think about purchasing a drinking bowl in the form of a fountain or leaving the tap ajar. This will provide an opportunity to consume moisture at any time.
Why the kitten doesn’t drink water and what to do?
As soon as the long-awaited kitten is at home, the owner has many problems and questions. In addition to the eternal. what to feed and where will he go to the toilet, another one arises: why does the kitten not drink water, but at the same time eats well? In our article we will try to figure out in which cases this issue may cause concern, and in which not.
What is the danger of a lack of fluid in a cat
The situation when the kitten does not drink water causes great concern from the owner and for good reason. If the baby does not drink, then it is very dangerous for his health, as it can cause the development of urolithiasis. A condition during which the cat drinks little can lead to the death of the pet. From a lack of moisture, his general health worsens, which immediately affects the condition of the wool and vibrissae.
When the cat does not start drinking water, it is dangerous, because the lymph thickens, there is a violation in water-salt metabolism, which leads to serious consequences.
There is a danger when the cat drinks little water and at the same time eats dry food that contains little liquid, so the pet must drink more, otherwise dehydration can cause growth retardation, which will lead to serious health problems. In this situation, it is necessary to force the pet to drink some water, we will tell you how to do this below.
What cases should not cause concern for the owner
If the pet is very small and feeds on the breast milk of the mother-cat, then there is no need to worry about the kitten not drinking water, because it draws all the necessary liquid from the mother’s milk. At this time, the baby, in addition to all the necessary nutrients, also receives the right amount of moisture.
Also, there is no need to worry that the cat does not drink water when she eats natural food, products such as kefir, milk, sour cream, eggs contain the necessary liquid. When a cat eats canned food or cereals, he needs less moisture than when he eats dry food.
What kind of water is best for a cat
When a cat drinks a lot, it’s good, so what kind of water should be in order for a pet to like it:
- First, it must be clean.
- Do not contain foreign odors.
- Must be publicly available for the pet.
- Change often.
- Before giving tap water, it must first be defended or filtered.
Some owners want to accustom to water from the tap, but you should not do this, because such water contains chlorine, it is hard and is of little use for the kitten.
Some owners, in order to force the animal to consume more liquid, add a small fish soup to it to add a smell.
How to tell if your cat is drinking enough fluids during the day
To make sure that the cat drinks a lot and has enough moisture entering the body, you need to pay attention to:
- The condition of the skin. When your pet uses little liquid, the skin becomes inelastic. Only in a well-drinking pet, the scruff of the neck will come back when pulled back. When this does not happen, then it is safe to say that the cat is not getting enough liquid.
- Only a well-drinking animal has a shiny coat.
- When an animal eats dry food and uses little water, then it becomes lethargic, devoid of physical activity.
- You need to pay attention to how often the cat urinates, if she walks in a small way at least 2-3 times a day, then this is a sign of the norm. It is easy to check the condition of the tray.
Reasons Cats Throw Up and Ways to Treat a Vomiting Cat
The normal functioning of the organs depends on how much moisture has entered the pet’s body. To prevent the kitten from becoming lethargic, he needs a lot of liquid.
Why does the kitten vomit?
If the kitten has vomited, there is no need to panic and rush to the veterinary clinic. Perhaps the baby simply overeat, and the stomach returned the excess. Examine the vomit for foreign inedible objects or hair. Their ingestion into the stomach could provoke vomiting. The kitten could also eat herbs.
The kitten may vomit after eating if he ate very quickly and did not chew his food. If your pet vomits occasionally, change the diet. Perhaps this food does not suit him. Vomiting can also be caused by a sudden change in diet.
If the vomiting was of a one-time nature, and the kitten does not have a fever, he is playful and shows interest in food, it is worth observing and treating him on his own.
Do not feed the animal for 24 hours. Solder it off in small portions of water with the addition of a few drops of the “Regidron” solution after a short period of time. Give the kitten a nursery “Smecta”. You can give the antispasmodic “No-shpa” and the antiemetic drug “Cerucal”. If the vomiting has returned and the kitten gets worse, see your veterinarian urgently.
The causes of vomiting in kittens can be more serious. Vomiting may appear 4-5 days after you give your pet an anthelmintic drug. This suggests that the animal has a lot of worms, which, upon death, released a lot of toxins, which, in turn, served as poisoning and caused vomiting. In this case, repeated deworming is necessary.
Vomiting can be an indicator that your pet has such diseases: chronic gastritis, obstruction of the pylorus of the stomach, inflammation of the intestines, chronic pancreatitis, peritonitis, liver disease (cholangiohepatitis), tumor (stomach, pancreas), intestinal obstruction (partial or complete, caused by a foreign body ), colon disease.
Do not self-medicate when the kitten is lethargic, refuses to eat, he has frequent vomiting, diarrhea, fever, blood is present in the vomit. I urgently need to go to the vet. The doctor will conduct an examination and prescribe treatment.
Prevention of vomiting
Some types of vomiting can be prevented. To do this, it is necessary to deworm the animal every 3 months; vaccinate against infectious diseases on time; comb your pet regularly; make sure that the kitten has a balanced diet; close him access to the trash can, Christmas tinsel, houseplants. It is also necessary to show your pet to a veterinarian once a year as a preventive measure.
After establishing the reason why the kitten is vomiting, it is necessary to immediately begin treatment. In most cases, it is possible at home, although severe cases may require clinical conditions.
But there are signs in which it is better to immediately seek advice from a specialist.
- The kitten vomits with blood. a sign of mechanical damage to the esophagus or stomach, or severe internal pathologies.
- Vomiting occurs repeatedly, and bile is present in the mass (it is yellow). serious disturbances in the functioning of the liver and bile ducts are possible.
- Vomit contains white foam. may indicate infection.
- Worms were found in the mass. they should be removed immediately.
- Vomiting is accompanied by diarrhea. a sign of poisoning.
- The kitten refuses to eat and does not drink. a threat to life, whatever the reason.
- Vomiting is accompanied by convulsions, apathy, fever.
Yes, kittens can vomit (like children) for minor reasons, “in the mood.” But, if the owner noticed at least some threatening signs, he should immediately begin to treat the animal, because otherwise it may be too late.
Simple home remedies
It is not difficult to treat a kitten from vomiting due to overeating or unusual food. The main method is to put him on a starvation diet for a day or half a day (depending on age), giving him water, often, but little by little. If the vomiting stops, you can feed the kitten with medicated food, rice water or lean meat, and then switch to normal food.
With good treatment, the stress in the animals goes away quickly. Usually in a few days they get used to the diet in a new place. To prevent vomiting from recurring, the owner must protect the animal from unhealthy and unsuitable food for age and feed in small portions, several times a day.
Hair problems in the stomach usually go away on their own. The kitten masters the “washing” technique and stops suffering from lumps.
By the appearance of vomiting and the behavior of the kitten, the final diagnosis cannot be made, but the owner can assess the general condition of the animal and make a preliminary decision on its treatment. If something changes later, a reconsideration of the decision may be required.
Only a specialist can establish the cause of vomiting in a kitten with scientific accuracy. But in some cases it is permissible to wait with an appeal to him; an unpleasant phenomenon may have quite trivial reasons.
You do not need to worry too much and limit yourself to home treatment if the following easily noticeable signs are observed.
- The kitten vomited once undigested or poorly digested food. this happens from overeating.
- The kitten is active, does not refuse water and food, no additional symptoms are observed.
- I managed to see wool in the vomit.
- The kitten has recently appeared in the house and vomiting is not accompanied by refusal of water, cramps, fever. most likely, an unusual diet is to blame. It is worth analyzing it and asking the owner of the cat what food was previously used by the kitten for future use.
With these symptoms, it is almost certain that vomiting will stop quickly and there will be no consequences. If the symptoms persist, the help of a veterinarian will still be required.
Vomiting in a kitten older than 1.5 months
At this age, the animals are usually handed over to their permanent owners by taking them away from the cat. If vomiting occurs during this period or later, there may be several reasons:
- stress (a kitten is the same child, and children are often sick of fear or fatigue);
- abrupt change of feed;
- overeating (new owners feed the fluffy “acquisition” with goodies);
- unsuitable food (the kitten should not be fatty, salty, smoked, fried);
- accumulation of hairballs in the stomach (typical for long-haired breeds, as well as British and Russian blue cats, which are fluffy in childhood);
- infestation with parasites;
- violations in the liver;
- stomach diseases;
- foreign objects entering the stomach or esophagus (a kitten can easily eat a piece of paper, a piece of polyethylene or something similar).
You can understand the reason by the behavior of the kitten and the nature of the vomiting. Depending on the conclusions, you should either do something on your own, or call the veterinarian as soon as possible.
Vomiting in a small kitten
If a small cat lives with a mother cat and feeds on her milk, there are few reasons for vomiting, but they are quite serious. Vomiting can occur if the cat itself ate something inappropriate or poisonous, with congenital abnormalities and with drug treatment of the cat.
When a very small animal begins to vomit, it is better to contact the veterinarian. the kids are very weak, and any discomfort is hard to bear. It is also best not to medicate a nursing cat unless absolutely necessary.