What is the address label for??
Before proceeding to a detailed examination of all types of address labels, it is worth answering the main question: what is its purpose? The ID tag is a small-sized accessory that contains all the necessary information about the owners of the animal. This item is attached to the collar. If the address tag is made of metal, then all contact information is engraved on it. Otherwise, such products are called tokens.
There are also special cylindrical address tags. Each of the existing types of these products is suitable for specific purposes and conditions. The owner’s phone number is always printed on the address plate. If the pet has certain health problems, this information is also indicated.
Even the smartest and smartest pet can suddenly get scared of something. There are also cases when, while walking in the park, the owner is briefly distracted by a telephone conversation and does not notice how the animal disappears from sight. A pet lost with an address label is likely to return home because others will pay due attention to it.
The address tags are different. The simplest and most common are ordinary flat key rings. They are inexpensive, durable and eye-catching. For a small amount of money, an attractive strap with all the necessary information will appear on the dog’s collar.
Flat address tags are divided according to the material from which they are made. The most common options are metal. They are most often based on brass, aluminum or stainless steel. This is a very reliable option that will last for many years.
So, aluminum address tags are good because they have a minimum weight, so they can be safely attached to the collar of a small dog. True, the appearance of these models is not very catchy and bright. Steel options are more attractive, but they also weigh more.
Luminous metal tokens are also produced today. On sale they can not be found too often, but they still arouse the interest of dog owners. These models have a fluorescent coating, due to which they glow in the dark. They look normal in daylight without emitting anything. Information is applied to them either by paint or by engraving.
The cheapest are plastic address tags. But they are also the most unreliable. If your pet belongs to active and energetic breeds, for example, it is a Toy Terrier, Sheltie or Mini Pinscher, then the plastic medallion may be lost after the first walk.
These types of address tags are not suitable for representatives of hunting breeds. Active pets, running a lot and constantly exploring difficult terrain, will quickly render the keychain unusable or even tear it off.
The least common are leather dog tokens. Such options are very reliable, since they are made of high quality and durable materials that are not subject to rapid wear. A certain pattern or engraving is applied to the skin with all the necessary information about the owner. These types of dog medallions are very popular but expensive.
There is another good option for an address label. a capsule. This type of token is a small capsule made of strong and high-quality metal (aluminum is most often used). This part consists of two halves that are connected to each other by thread or tight fasteners.
A piece of paper with a name written on it and all the necessary address information is placed inside such a miniature capsule. Such key rings are quite inexpensive and are in great demand.
A closed address box of this type has one significant drawback. it is not completely sealed. If a pet jumps into a large puddle or body of water several times, the paper will quickly deteriorate and the text on it will become unreadable.
Separately, it is worth considering more modern electronic address tags. These types of dog tags with all the necessary data are miniature gadgets. It is permissible to attach them not only to the dog’s collar, but also to its coat. The weight of e-mail addresses is minimal. it rarely exceeds 10 g.
You can attach it regardless of the breed and size of the dog. These little details will work even for chihuahua crumbs. Electronic address tags operate on a small battery. Usually, charging it is enough for a long period of time. about 2 months. Such options are also good because they have more advanced and complete functionality.
One of the most important options is pet location control. At any time of the day, tracking will be carried out of the place in which the bearer of the medallion is currently located. With the help of a special application installed on a smartphone, the owner will always have the opportunity to determine the exact location of the pet. It is shown in accordance with the binding to the specific set coordinates on the electronic map.
Control over the physical activity of the dog is also provided. During walks, such a token will record the distance that the pet runs. Thanks to this addition, it will be possible to calculate the degree of stress received by the animals. It will also be possible to divide the distance traveled with and without a leash. The program may also include such parameters of physical activity that are recommended by veterinarians for a particular type of dog.
A great addition to such address labels is monitoring the quality of your pet’s sleep. Thanks to this detail, the owners will be able to track the duration of the active phase of sleep, as well as the duration of the calm state of the animal. The data obtained can be compared with the values recommended by veterinarians and the optimal regimen for the combination of periods of rest and wakefulness of the pet can be identified.
A special “cloud service” is provided in e-mail addresses, thanks to which dog owners can record the performance of the animal and compare it with the performance of other pets.
With the involvement of this technology, competitions are currently being organized, subject to a significant distance from each other. It also provides for the possibility of communication between the owners of the four-legged among themselves in a separate chat.
Most electronic medallions are illuminated, which comes in handy at night. When walking in the evening, you can see a small moving spark and visually control the place where the dog is. Many manufacturers equip their e-tokens with a choice of different backlight colors.
Of interest are electronic tokens and the presence of an individual named QR-code of the dog. Such varieties have such an addition on the surface of the rear wall. The specified barcode is easily and quickly recognized by special applications installed on smartphones.
The information entered into this code can be changed independently, if necessary. These actions are also performed using a smartphone. The code includes the phone number of the owners, the address and the name of the animal. Some owners add information about the reward in case of the return of the pet. These are very convenient and functional addressing models.
How to do it yourself?
Many owners prefer making such parts with their own hands from scrap materials. This is not difficult. There are many ways to make address labels. Let’s take a closer look at one of them.
A simple address tag can be made quickly without spending a lot of money on materials. The procedure will be as follows.
- You need to take a piece of thick cardboard and write on (or print) the selected text and phone number to contact the owner. The shape of the part can be any. It is permissible to make not only circles or ovals, but also details in the form of small bones.
- Next, you need to take a sheet of special baking paper. Hot glue is poured onto its surface in a certain place without sparing.
- Next, on top of the poured glue, you need to lay the part cut from the cardboard. It will also need to be filled with hot glue. You should act faster so that the adhesive does not have time to cool down.
- Next, the resulting blank must be covered with the second half of a sheet of parchment. Everything is rolled out with a rolling pin to get rid of irregularities. After that, the workpiece must be left to cool.
- Once the glue has set, it will not be easy to remove the paper from the cardboard label. The printed text will appear barely noticeable behind the parchment.
To make it clearer, you just need to hold the workpiece a little under the tap. The text will immediately become more readable and noticeable.
For information on how to make an address tag for a dog with your own hands, see the next video.
After that, you will need to cut off the excess pieces of baking paper from the workpiece. It is best to leave some paper around the edges of the cuts. The result is a small and neat address tag that feels like rubber to the touch. You will need to make a small hole in it and insert a collar ring there.
This is far from the only way to manufacture these parts. A good address tag can be made from a coin, thick paper and even old gloves. each owner chooses for himself what seems to him the best option.
How to use it correctly?
On the address label, you must write all the information that will allow you to return home a lost pet. Usually, all inscriptions are applied on both sides.
- On one side, indicate the name of the dog, and with it the phone number of the owners. The address is rarely applied because it may end up in the hands of people associated with crime. Not every person agrees to risk their safety like this.
- On the back of the token or tag, you can indicate special additional information, for example, that the pet is a guide or suffers from some kind of illness, needs treatment. Sometimes the owners go to the trick and specifically indicate on the address label that their pet is seriously ill with something, so that no one wants to keep the dog for themselves without returning it to the breeder. However, such information can play with a four-legged and not the kindest joke. people may be afraid to contact him due to illness.
Often, the address labels indicate information that makes it possible for other people to immediately understand that the pet is lost. In such cases, the owners prefer to write:
- “Call the owner!”;
- “Bring me home!”;
- “I want to go home!”;
- “I am lost (or lost)!”.
For the inscription, you can refer to the engraving. For this, special automatic equipment is used. It acts on the part with a special diamond tip, which removes the top layer from the token, leaving very thin and neat grooves.
Much here depends on the material from which the selected address label is made. Usually, engraving is used when the item is made of metal. The softer this material is, the deeper and more noticeable the furrow will end up.
There is also a laser engraving method. In accordance with it, the top layer is also removed. Larger and wider symbols can be applied here. This method of putting text on a token is considered optimal because it gives a good result and does not take up a lot of free time.
The prepared address tag with all the information printed on it must be correctly and firmly attached to the collar of a four-legged friend. For fasteners, it is recommended to use high-quality and tight rings, the cross-section of which is at least 1 mm, or special carabiners designed for such elements. The latter are very convenient when you need to remove the address tag in order to wash the collar or hang it on another.
DIY Dog Collar. How to make your own custom dog collars! | Great Dane Care
Do not attach the tag to the carabiner ring. The latter can accidentally catch on the ring and bend it.
If the sound of the token annoys you, you can use a tool such as anti-ringing. It is made from soft silicone rubber. It fits snugly to the surface of the token, as if hugging it. As a result, the sounds emitted by the address tag are inevitably absorbed, and the person stops hearing them. Antizones can glow in the dark.
Dog tags: types and methods of manufacturing
An address tag is a very useful and necessary thing. If the pet always has it with him, then in case of loss, the dog will quickly return home. A collar and a well-visible medallion will surely attract a lot of attention from passers-by, who will be able to contact the owner and provide all the necessary information about the animal. Today we will consider in detail what types of address labels are and how they can be made by hand.
If you are planning to purchase or make an address tag for your dog, there are some helpful tips to consider.
- If your pet is small, then it is better not to cling to a too large and heavy address tag on his collar. it will cause a lot of inconvenience.
- If your pet walks at home without a collar with a token, then, just in case, you should put on at least a string with all the information about the owner. It will come in handy if the dog suddenly runs away from the house through the open door and gets lost on the street.
- If you do not want to attach a hanging tag, you can immediately purchase a collar with a special buckle. They are usually made of metal. They can be sewn to the collar and will definitely not detach from it if the pet plays on the street.
Better to buy address labels that look simple and straightforward. You should not select options that demonstrate the consistency of the pet owners. Plates like these can attract people who will demand fabulous rewards from breeders.
Where to start
The first thing to start with is to measure the circumference of the dog’s neck. If you don’t have a meter at hand, you can navigate by the old collar.
In order for the collar to be adjustable, be sure to remember to add a few centimeters to the seams and fasteners.
For example, the circumference of my Jack’s neck is 32 cm.To be able to further adjust the collar and to take into account the seam allowances, I multiplied 32 by 1.7 and got 54.4 cm.This is the length of the line I used.
Further, it is necessary to determine not only the length, but also the width of the nylon sling. The choice of line will depend entirely on the size, breed, and age of the quadruped. If you take it too thin, then the collar will hurt to cut into the neck. If the line is too wide, then the dog will have difficulty breathing. For puppies, a sling about 1.5 cm wide is suitable. The sizes of the materials that I used in my master class are suitable for dogs of small and medium breeds.
We sew a collar
We take the fastex fastener, unfasten it and thread the sling into one of the parts of the fastener.
We bend the end of the threaded line by 5 cm and sew it to the main line, as close to the fastex as possible. In order for the seam to be strong and reliable, we make several rows of stitches.
Further, through the free long end of the sling, we pass a metal half-ring. We try to move it as close as possible to the made seam.
Sew another seam parallel to the first to secure the half ring. And in the same way, for the strength of the product, we make several rows of stitches.
Well, the half-ring is securely sewn into the collar.
And again we take the free long end of the sling and pass the plastic double-slot buckle through it. How far along the sling you move the buckle does not matter (approximately in the middle of the entire length).
Following the buckle, we put on the second half of the fastex fastener on the sling. It looks like this.
Next, we need to thread the free edge of the sling through the double-slot buckle again, only under the part of the sling that was previously threaded. To make it easier to do, the first part of the sling needs to be relaxed a little so that a small loop forms between the buckle and the sling.
Look, in the photo I show everything in detail.
Now we take the free end of the sling, threaded through the buckle, and bend it in the opposite direction by 3.5-4 cm.
Further, in the same way as we fastened the first half of the fastex and the half-ring, for reliability we sew several lines.
That’s it, the double-slit buckle is securely fixed.
To increase the reliability of the fastening of the half-ring, you can sew more than one seam, but make several neat lines crosswise (as shown in the version with a collar in polka dots).
So we made our own great collar. Now your pet will be sporting an original new dress!
By the way, Jack controlled the manufacturing process of each collar.!
Taking measurements from the dog
To begin with, it is important to determine what size the product will be. To do this, we catch the model and take measurements from it.
The main and only measurement is the girth of the pet’s neck. We go around it with a tailor’s meter. If this is not the case, we measure the circumference with an ordinary lace and apply it to the ruler. We place the meter at the widest point of the neck.
Choosing a material
Depending on the breed of the dog, we choose the right material.
For small pets, a thin tape or any neat strap will come in handy. Large dogs need a reliable accessory that can withstand the tension on the leash. For example nylon tape.
You will also need a clasp and a carabiner for attaching. As the first, we use a plastic loop from a bag belt or a metal belt buckle.
You can make a braided collar for a dog. A paracord cord comes in handy for this. Weave an accessory according to any pattern you like, not forgetting to pre-fix the fastener.
For small breeds with short hair, a metal chain is suitable.
How to create a collar with your own hands
The nylon ribbon collar can be decorated with a bright strip of fabric. To do this, the material is sewn onto the tape, after bending its edges. The principle of “assembly” of the collar corresponds to an ordinary belt.
Sew the tape to the collar sling using a sewing machine
To weave a paracord collar, you need a pattern. For example, this:
At the end, measure the length of the cord equal to the circumference of the collar, and pass the two free ends through the carabiner, securing it with masking tape at the required distance
For reliability, the accessory can be braided with a strong cord.
When the collar is braided to the end, cut off the excess ends of the lace and cauterize them so as not to unravel
The easiest way is to shorten the old trouser belt by adjusting its length to the size you want.
A regular chain can also be used as a collar. A satin ribbon is woven into it as a decor. A cute pendant is used as a decoration.
It is important that two fingers fit between the collar and the dog’s neck, otherwise the pet will be uncomfortable
For small breeds, a decorative collar can be made from an unnecessary bracelet and ribbon
For the smallest breeds, a necklace collar is suitable. However, its function remains decorative. You cannot attach a leash to such a product.
A DIY dog collar is a great way to save money and give your pet an exclusive accessory. But it is important to use quality materials.
As it turned out, making a dog collar with your own hands is not at all difficult if you know the basic principle of assembling all the parts. You only need to find the necessary accessories and the original tape, which will serve as the basis of the collar.
Now, here’s a step-by-step guide to making the most important accessory for your four-legged friend. Learn how to sew a nylon webbing collar.
Materials and fittings
So, here’s what we need to get started:
- 2.5 cm wide nylon webbing.
- Plastic fastener “fastex” (2.5 cm).
- Plastic double-slit buckle (2.5 cm).
- Half ring (2.5 cm). The half-ring should be made of durable metal so that it does not unbend during a jerk and the dog does not run away. After all, it is to this half ring that the leash will be fastened.
- For a blue collar with white polka dots (as in the photo at the very end of this post), in addition to a sling, you will need a ribbon with a pattern. But it’s better to take it a little less in width (2 cm) so that the edges of the tape do not stick out.
The size of the fastex, buckle and half-ring 2.5 cm is measured according to the width of the holes into which the sling will be threaded.
Collar for a dog from a belt
It is a little more difficult to make a collar from a belt: it will require special tools and skills in working with leather.
Step-by-step production looks like this:
- The wide belt is cut to the required length. It is better to take a little more. the excess part can then be cut off.
- The edges are rounded, sharp corners are trimmed to prevent chafing. The skin can be removed from the bottom. this will make the collar lighter.
- Optionally, you can grease the belt with leather treatment cream, and then rub it with beeswax. This will make the product softer.
- The strip of leather is placed on the table. It is preliminarily covered with a thick cloth or leather so as not to damage it. In the places where the buckle and jewelry are attached, round holes are made with an awl.
- The end of the product is threaded through the buckle, folded and secured.
- Slips on a D-ring, attaches.
- Accessories for decoration are fixed in free holes: rivets, thorns.
Details of the manufacture of a leather collar are shown in
Weave a collar
Collars are woven according to the following pattern:
- The lace is folded in half and threaded into the carabiner ring, secured with a knot.
- The required area is measured, the excess part is cut off, and the second end is threaded through the free part of the cabin. As a result, there will be 4 cords for weaving.
- The top, near the carabiner, is attached with tape to the table so that the laces do not get tangled.
- The left cord is pulled under the two attached laces, then the right one is pulled under the left one and on top of the two attached cords.
- Then the left cord is passed under the right cord, over the fastened laces and through the loop formed by the right one. Dragging on.
- The entire collar is woven according to this pattern.
- Upon completion, the ends of the product are fired so that they do not fray.
- Congratulations! You made a dog collar with your own hands!
A textile collar is sewn as follows:
- Colored fabric is sewn to the nylon webbing. This is done using a sewing machine: it is adjusted for rough sewing, the stitch length should be 2 mm.
- The tape is sewn around the edges and diagonally.
- To fasten the clasp, the end of the collar is threaded into the hole, the free part is pulled 4. 5 cm, folded and attached.
- After that, a half-ring is put on, shifted to the base of the collar and re-stitched.
- The free end of the collar is threaded through the buckle and the non-sewn part of the buckle.
- A loop is made: the free part of the product is passed through the buckle again, folded and sewn.
The way the collar is made depends on the material. The ammunition can be weaved, sewn or made from leather.
Materials and tools
The materials required for the collar will vary depending on the manufacturing method.
- For a braided collar you will need:
- cord 4 m long and 3 mm in diameter made of fabric, nylon, leather or silk;
- small ring;
- For sewing you need:
- nylon sling;
- fabric tape;
- fastex. a plastic latch that connects the collar edges;
- double slit buckle. for length adjustment.
- For a leather collar you need:
- strip of leather: you can take an old belt;
- special knife for processing leather;
- half ring;
- awl or gypsy needle;
- accessories for decoration. metal rivets.
How to make a dog collar with your own hands. step by step instructions, photo, video
When making your own collar, you need to take into account three parameters: length, width and strength.
The length is measured with a measuring tape along the pet’s neck or an old collar. Additionally, a few centimeters are added. for seams and fasteners.
The width depends on the thickness of the neck and accessories: rings, snaps, rivets.
The standard size for large dogs is 2.5 cm. For a puppy and small breeds (for a Chihuahua, a toy terrier). half the size. The width of the mounts should be the same.
The material is selected based on the owner’s taste and needs. The most durable and durable accessory is made of nylon, leather and textile webbing. It is universal, any leash can be attached to it, including an exhibition leash.
The choke collar is best obtained from a braided cord, and a collar through the torso (harness). from textiles.
To make an original dog collar, beautiful accessories are used: beads, beads, metal rivets, ribbons.
How to make a spinner on a dog collar
A spinner or swivel is a metal product for attaching a leash to a collar. They are usually used for large breeds, in particular those sitting on a chain.
- sawn-off nut;
You can use other materials at hand. But they should all be strong, and the turntable should not open and not break when jerking.
Do-it-yourself dog collars can be sewn, woven or made from an old belt. And if you show a little imagination, then the pet will flaunt in a beautiful accessory that does not look like standard ammunition.
A collar is not only an important part of a dog’s appearance, but also a necessary accessory. Among dozens of identical options, it is sometimes difficult to choose something suitable for your pet. Today we will tell you how to make a dog collar with your own hands. We have prepared for you four different master classes with photos and videos that will help you cope with this task.
With these step-by-step tutorials, you can make collars for both small and large dogs. We will take simple materials so that you have everything at your fingertips, and you do not have to search for something urgently. Dog owners usually make sure that their pet looks beautiful and well-groomed: these collars will make your pets just like that.
Leather collars are the most practical. Typically, pets can wear them for years. If you want your dog to have a unique collar, you need to make it yourself. With the help of this master class, you will easily master the technique of its manufacture.
- a piece of skin;
- D-shaped metal ring;
- water-based leather glue;
We measure the circumference of the dog’s neck and throw 25 cm to this number.To cut off the necessary piece from the skin, you should use special knives. If you do not have this opportunity, take an unnecessary leather belt as a basis.
Be sure to cut the corners of the future collar blank at both ends. This is necessary so that the dog is comfortable and the accessory does not rub its neck.
Make Your Own: Leather Dog Collar. Beginner Tutorial
We take the glue, go along the edges of the leather tape from all sides. This must also be done to prevent the collar from chafing.
At the same stage, you need to gently rub the beeswax into the future collar with your hands. You can pre-treat it with a special cream to soften the skin. All these manipulations will help make it more comfortable to wear.
Next, we apply the markings at equal distances. With the help of an awl we make holes into which we will insert rivets. At the same stage, you can cut off the inner layer of the skin with a special oblique knife. This should be done in the event that you took a belt or a piece of leather that is too hard.
To insert rivets, you can use awls of different thicknesses and inserts of different sizes. this will be more beautiful.
We attach the buckle to the rivets. Insert the metal base first and then the D-ring. Next, just fix the end with rivets.
If the collar is too long and not quite comfortable to wear, cut off the excess part from it, round the edges and treat with colorless leather glue.
Done! You have made a leather dog collar that is indistinguishable from a factory one! Attaching a leash to it will not be difficult.
Owners of small dogs will most likely want to make such a collar, as it will be too narrow for large pets. We will weave the accessory from a lace, but this will not prevent it from being durable and reliable. Go in search of your favorite color material and get down to business.
- two long cords (take contrasting colors or different ones, but in the same color scheme);
- plastic or metal buckles;
- D-shaped plastic ring.
All clasps and clips can be taken from the old collar. If it is not there, go to the departments for creativity and sewing. There is something like this, as a rule, it is always easy to find.
Take the ends of the two cords and cut each one very evenly. Then heat each one with a lighter and lightly burn. You need to do this at the same time. Connect them to each other. do it right away while they are still melting. Press them tightly together and wait for them to “grab”. Observe precautions when working with fire!
To start making a braided collar, you need to fasten the end of the rope to the buckle. To do this, pass a loop through it, and thread the free ends so as to tighten it.
Measure the circumference of your dog’s neck and make a mark on the future collar. Throw in another 1-1.5 centimeters, install a second buckle in this place.
Wrap the ends of each cord over the harness. See how it looks in the photo so as not to be mistaken. At the same stage, you need to fasten a D-ring near the buckle.
A dog collar will resemble a bracelet in the popular macrame technique. it is woven in the same way. Pass one cord through the loop at the top and the other at the bottom. Tighten and repeat the procedure. Continue to weave until the very end of the measured cord.
When you get to the opposite buckle, pass both ends of the cord from the bottom so that they are hidden. Next, we will add another layer of winding to make the collar thick and durable. Weaving is done in exactly the same way. Tighten the knot over the first layer of the collar and work your way down gradually.
When you get to the base, complete the knot from the wrong side, pass the ends through the loop again, and then tuck them in.
Done! Please note that it is best to weave the collar from a soft and thick rope or lace, but the dog will not like plastic or rubberized wires, although it will look beautiful.
Such a braided collar can be made with your own hands for a large dog, but in this case it is better to weave it from one strong cord, and not from “alloy”, which can disperse from the agility of a large pet.
Nylon slings (ribbons) come in very bright and beautiful colors. Dogs easily wear such collars, not at all opposing this “decoration”. Making such a collar with your own hands is not at all difficult, so feel free to take on this master class.
Pay attention to the width of the line that you will take as a basis. In no case do not take a belt that is too thin, as it will hurt to cut into the skin of the animal when moving. To make your pet comfortable, take a sling at least 2 cm wide. for “little ones”, for larger pets. even wider, from 2.5 cm.
- nylon tape;
- patterned textile tape;
- plastic mount;
We measure the circumference of the dog’s neck and multiply the resulting number by 1.7. This is the length that the tape should be in order for the collar to be the correct size. Make the fabric ribbon the same length.
Sew the nylon and fabric together. Sew by setting it to sewing on a coarse fabric and stitch length 2 mm. Try to make the seams as close to the edges as possible, go around the entire perimeter.
Insert the fastener so that the free end goes inward about 4 cm.Fold it and sew to the main part of the tape under the bow to form a loop with the fastener.
Then insert the D-shaped mount and sew on the protruding tip finally.
Next, we take the free end of our ribbon and thread it through the buckle with two holes. And then through the second part of the fastener (the one that we haven’t sewn yet). Next, pull the free end of the tape through the buckle again (this loop will be under the first one). See how this is done in the photo in order to correctly assemble the collar and not confuse anything.
Then we take the end of the tape and bend it back. It needs to be stitched several times in order to fix it well. To keep the fastener out of the way during sewing, slide it back a little.
That’s all. we easily made a beautiful bright collar for a dog with our own hands. If it seems to you that the dog for some reason does not like the nylon tape, simply process it with a fabric blank, not only from the outside, but also from the inside. However, usually there are no problems with this.
Bonus: strap collar
If your pet is very tiny, make him a neat little collar from an unnecessary thin strap. We invite you to watch this video of a master class on creating a collar. This craft will take you literally 5-10 minutes, and the accessory will be useful and beautiful.
If the finished strap is too hard, see the tips from the master class described above (option). If you need to soften a collar for a small dog, they will help you.
We hope you’ve found a tutorial that will help you make a collar at home that you and your dog will love. Let your pet be comfortable and comfortable!
How much material is needed for weaving?
It is very difficult to calculate exactly how much paracord you need to take (and even if there are several colors in the weave you like) that would be enough for a collar made even by a simple “Cobra”. And, as a rule, even experienced craftsmen take the length “by eye”. If you, of course, have a completely “” dog, like a Chihuahua, a toy terrier, then you can take the expense as for a bracelet. about 2-3 m of the same color. But with a dwarf bull terrier or miniature pinscher it is more difficult, here it is better to make weaving wide and not thick, which can take up to 5-6 meters of the same color or 3 meters of different shades.
You have decided on the color scheme. What’s next? Collar accessories!
In this matter, it is important to consider what kind of pet you have in temperament. For large and active rocks, it is best to choose steel fittings. metal fastexes and welded rings. Such a choice will ensure safety. there is no need to worry that the ring will open or the latch will open during a jerk. Also, a paracord collar must be made with wide weaves, they will provide comfort and will not cut into the throat of the animal.
If your friend is calm, then the accessories for ammunition can be chosen from high-quality sturdy plastic. For such paracord collars, fastexes with stoppers and all the same steel rings / half rings are suitable.
- If you have a small breed, then a plastic fastex (strictly with a stopper) for a collar should be chosen 16 mm or 20 mm. only for a calm pet, in extreme cases you can use a fastex 25 without a stopper, but you must understand that in this case there is a risk unbuttoning;
- For a medium breed or active small breed dog, it is better to choose metal fittings; there are fastexes 20 mm, 25 mm;
- If you are the owner of a large breed or very active, then we advise you to make your choice in the direction of rings or a chain woven into the collar.
In this article, we talk about collars with fastex.
We will tell you about weaving collars for dogs with rings another time.
Weaving from paracord: How to weave a collar for a dog (collar with fastex)
Luminous and reflective paracord
And recently, collars for a pet with a luminous (light-accumulating) paracord or reflective cord, which are simply indispensable for evening walks, have been popular. If the dog lags behind or runs far ahead, you will always see the place of its “deployment”. But the use of such a cord is not at all necessary.
Which paracord is suitable for the collar?
It can be 550 paracord from any manufacturer. But we recommend the most affordable 550 paracord made in China. We only sell high quality paracord, including those made in China. So, it will do! And our choice. the largest in Russia.
This manufacturer has established itself in the market. The products are popular with professional breeders and novices. The Dogtra electric collar for dogs helps to cope with the pet when its behavior is out of bounds. With such a product, you can always keep the situation under control.
Reviews of dog breeders
If your dog cannot cope with his emotions, then an electric dog collar will always come to the rescue. Reviews show that there are both positive aspects in using this accessory, and not so much. Consider what buyers value first.
Dogtra models can be used on one vibration (the effect is noticeable)
Inexpensive models are made of fragile plastic
Gives a visible effect in weaning dogs from bad habits
Use for dogs only with a stable psyche, not suitable for small breeds.
Cannot be used without instructor’s recommendation
You need to buy worthwhile products, and the price for it is high
Device and principle of operation
It is necessary to understand how an electric collar works for dog training. This happens as follows: a signal is sent to the collar in the form of an impulse, which is accompanied by vibration or a sound signal. The dog immediately reacts to unfamiliar sensations and does everything much faster and more correctly.
It is worth considering what the electric collar consists of for hunting dogs and other breeds. The electronics box is housed in a small plastic case. The device is protected from moisture, shock and negative external influences. The collar is lightweight. The weight is only 50 grams. Your pet won’t even feel it.
For clarity, we suggest studying the for similar accessories for dogs. We have collected several collars from different manufacturers to compare their characteristics.
(to reinforce the commands and correct the behavior of the dog)
(stops aggression, helps to correct behavior)
(needed to get initial skills and commands)
These are the electric collars for dogs that can be found on sale. The last presented manufacturer should pay more attention, since these models are in high demand. Take a closer look at the characteristics.
It is worth understanding why collars have gained such popularity:
- Waterproof. The dog can swim boldly, and the owner. do not worry about the quality of the product. The control panel is also waterproof.
- Several stimulation modes will allow you to control the process. These include: short and long impulse and vibration.
- Power. The collar can be matched to the weight of your pet. Products are divided into two subgroups: for small and medium animals up to 40 kg and large animals from 50 kg.
- Radius of action. This indicator is different for each product. It is possible to purchase a product with a range of 200 to 1600 meters. Power is supplied only from the battery. Charging operates on a voltage of 220 volts.
- Sound signal (beeper). This is what collars are equipped with, which are intended only for hunting dogs. The product simulates the cry of a bird, which helps to locate the dog.
Such electric collars are widely used by canine services when training dogs. Electrical impulses help you achieve fast and high results.
Which to choose
Now that you know about the existing species, it is worth paying attention to another issue. The correct electro collar must be selected. For small dogs and their large relatives, the attribute is selected individually. At the same time, other needs are taken into account:
- If the collar is intended to reinforce commands or make small adjustments to the pet’s behavior, then it is better to purchase an inexpensive copy. A collar is not needed here at all, which has a large number of functions, which means that you can save on this.
- There are pets that are too aggressive. To do this, you can choose a collar with long-term stimulation. If you do not have a large amount of money, then attributes with vibration will do. Optimal reach. no more than 250 meters.
- Now, if you need to teach the dog the initial skills and basic commands, then it is better to fork out and purchase an improved model of the collar. You need a long range, so consider options with a range of 800 meters or more. Stimulation can be single or continuous. A similar type of collars is purchased for sports training of a pet.
To make it convenient for you to navigate the pricing policy and compare this criterion with quality, we suggest looking at the plate. It contains all the necessary information.
What is a collar for?
For a long time the dog was raised by a man. His job was to teach the animal the following basic commands:
- “to me”;
- “not allowed” and many others.
Modern tools help to raise a furry friend. An electronic collar is used in the following cases:
- Blocking unwanted instincts. If you live in a city, then this is a chase for cats, cars, people. For village dogs, the problem is hunting the neighbour’s chickens and other animals.
- If you want your pet to go in for sports, then a special collar will help with this. It is convenient to do IPO with him, the French ring.
- An electronic gadget helps to maintain existing knowledge and skills. This happens due to the supplied impulses that cause discomfort when disobeying.
- This attribute is indispensable in preparing a dog for search work. The animal concentrates and is not distracted by external stimuli.
- If the dog sins with excessive barking, then for the owners the collar will become an irreplaceable gadget that will help at night and on a walk.
In such cases, electric collars for dogs will become indispensable helpers, but how not to get lost among all the variety of models and brands? Let’s consider in more detail.
For the first time such collars were invented more than 50 years ago. They were used exclusively for hunting dogs. For a start, it is worth touching on collars for special purposes. Namely:
- OKD (general course of training);
- GPS tracking;
- dogs on a specific site.
There are types of collars according to the type of impact. The criteria are as follows:
- number of stimulation levels;
- type of stimulation.
There are models in which several collars can be controlled by one remote control. This is ideal for hunters or people who walk 2-3 dogs at a time.
It is also necessary to take into account the fact that the collar must be selected for a certain breed of animal.