In the last days of life, the heart of the animal stops working as usual, respectively, less oxygen enters the blood and lungs of the animal. The cat breathes often and heavily, trying to make up for the loss of air.
A healthy animal takes 20-30 breaths every minute. If this indicator is less and is accompanied by shortness of breath, then this is a clear sign of imminent death. To count the number of breaths, you need to take a stopwatch and see how many times the cat’s chest rises per minute.
How to understand that a cat is about to die
Unfortunately, neither people nor cats are eternal on this earth. In any case, the owner has to see the death of the latter, because purrs live for about 15 years. But you still need to know when this moment will come.
How to tell if your cat is in pain
The following signs will tell you about the pain of an animal:
- finding a convenient place;
- unnatural postures;
- detachment, decreased sociability;
- dilated pupils;
- look at one point, etc.
My cat Freckle is dying now, it’s a damn pity, because she lived in our family for 2 weeks to 18 years. A year ago, she began to lose weight, began to sleep more, and generally looked healthy. Literally 4 days ago, vomiting began, she stopped eating anything at all, she was lying down, she did not go to the toilet. Now it lies by the battery, I iron it. Twitching has already begun, sometimes she tries to get up in agony, but she has no strength and she falls again. It’s hard to watch, she’s part of our family. Only one thing calms down. she lived a long happy life, it seems to me, but time takes loved ones. All good!
On the last day before death, our cat was lying. Sometimes I came up and stroked her, which she did not oppose. It seems to me that she didn’t care anymore, but I hoped that my affection and participation would help her.
Decreased heart rate and blood pressure
The dying pet’s heart rate slows down, while the normal rate is 122-140 beats per minute. Blood pressure drops. Both of these signs are unfavorable for the pet: its heart makes it difficult to pump blood and is overloaded. To measure your cat’s heart rate, follow these steps:
- Place your palm on the cat’s left side, behind her front paw.
- Count the number of times the animal’s heart beats over 15 minutes.
- Multiply the resulting figure by 4. so you get the heart rate per minute. If the blows are less than 60, then this is an alarm signal.
But measuring pressure is problematic at home. Therefore, you need to go to the vet clinic or call a doctor.
Before death, the internal organs of the cat do not work well, which leads to partial elimination of toxins or the complete absence of this function. Harmful substances accumulate in the body, due to which the smell of rot is felt from the mouth and from the body of the animal.
Signs of an imminent death of a cat
You can find out that the pet is about to die before the onset of this moment. Certain signs indicate the imminent death of an animal.
Loss of appetite
A kitty that has only a few days left to live is eating poorly or not doing it at all. She drinks one water, which she soon refuses too. Should alert:
- untouched food;
- no bowel movements for more than two days;
- feces with impurities of blood;
- dark urine.
If the cat has untouched food in the bowl, then this is not a good sign.
Causes and characteristic symptoms of impending death
The lifespan and death of domestic cats, like all other living things, depends on many factors. These include natural aging, genetics, trauma, poisoning, illness, and even psychological causes, such as chronic stress.
The most common causes of death in felines include:
- Chronic renal failure resulting from urolithiasis. In sterilized animals, metabolic disorders occur, due to which they require specialized nutrition and drinking regime. If you continue to feed the cat as usual, stones form in the kidneys and bladder, which provoke pain, severe inflammation, impaired urine flow, and edema. If you start treatment right after the first symptoms have been discovered, the disease can be dealt with.
- Cancer tumors that can affect various organs. Like humans, cats can develop cancer at any age. Most often, malignant neoplasms are detected in cats in the uterus, lymph nodes (lymphoma), mammary glands, in the brain and liver. It will not be possible to completely cure the animal, but timely surgery and taking medications will significantly extend the life of the pet and alleviate its condition.
- Bacterial, viral and fungal infections that are most susceptible to kittens, unvaccinated and free-range adult cats. A sick animal definitely needs the help of a veterinarian and medicine. The body can cope with light infections on its own in 4-5 days, otherwise the condition deteriorates very quickly, becomes critical and it will no longer be possible to help the pet. There are infections that develop rapidly. A vigorous animal in the morning, by the evening it already shows the strongest symptoms of intoxication.
From what the pet suddenly died, it will be possible to find out only after an autopsy in a veterinary clinic. It is better not to take risks and consult with a specialist.
Any change in the behavior of a domestic cat should be a reason for careful observation. This will help in time to recognize both the onset of the disease and the symptoms of dying.
An elderly or a pet suffering from a chronic illness behaves in a rather typical manner before its death. The owners celebrate this and mentally prepare for the departure of a family member.
The following signs indicate an imminent death:
- A significant slowdown in the pulse. Normally, a cat has a heart rate of 130-230 per minute. If the heart beats 60 times or less, then the animal is dying. You can determine the pet’s pulse by pressing your fingers tightly to your chest under the left front paw. Usually, 15 seconds are taken for measurements and the count is taken, after which the result is multiplied by 4. A slowdown in the heart rate is associated with severe hypotension, but it is impossible to measure the pressure in a cat without special devices.
- Frequent, hoarse breathing. 20-30 breaths per minute are considered normal for a healthy animal. If the cat breathes frequently, sticks out its tongue, wheezing, whistling or gurgling sounds are heard, then we are talking about severe hypoxia and dysfunction of the cardiovascular system. Sometimes a dry cough appears on exhalation. This indicates the development of obstruction and bronchopulmonary insufficiency.
- Critical decrease in body temperature. When measuring, the thermometer will show values significantly lower than the prescribed 37.5. The pads and ears of a dying cat will be cold.
- Refusal to eat and water. A few days before death, the animal does not touch the bowls. The urine becomes dark, there is no stool, or it becomes very dry and streaked with blood. Usually, shortly before death, pets dramatically and noticeably lose weight, the pelvic bones and spine begin to stick out, the sides fall in. Some cats take food and drink from the hands of their owners, but they do it more out of love and a desire to please.
- Toilet in the wrong place. A clean and well-mannered pet can start going to the toilet by the litter box, urination can occur during sleep.
- Strong or putrid odor. The metabolism of a cat before death goes astray, toxins are not eliminated, and the breakdown of proteins from muscles begins. Those dying from oncology smell especially strong. With chronic renal failure, a pungent ammonia odor appears. The kidneys do not cope with their filtering function, there is a retention of urine, the release of decay products with sweat and skin secretions.
- Unkempt coat. The cat stops grooming, the fur grows dull and rolls into icicles and mats. In some cases, the underpads come out in shreds to bald spots. The eyes sink, the look becomes dull and cloudy. Before, an affectionate cat may stop recognizing family members, lie detachedly in one place, completely withdraw into itself. The pupils of a dying beast will lose their reaction to light and will be greatly dilated.
- Impaired coordination. Animals, before they die, can lose orientation in space, bump into objects, stagger, fall when walking.
- Convulsions, seizures, prolonged sleep, or loss of consciousness. The agony can last for several hours. In it, the cat is tormented by convulsions, after which it falls into oblivion for a while. White foamy saliva may come out at the mouth.
- Particular tenderness and affection towards the owner. The cat foresees its death and flies to the person, saying goodbye. Some seemingly already weakened pets begin to run and play. So they want to show a kind of care for the state of mind of a loved one, showing that life goes on.
- Craving for loneliness. Cats that have access to outdoor walks prefer to go away from home before they die. Pets are hiding too, looking for dark corners where no one will see them.
Ways to make a dying cat feel better
Loving owners, as a rule, also understand that life is leaving their pet. They notice changes in the well-being and behavior of their furry friend. It is natural to want to do something to ease the last hours.
You can say goodbye and dignifiedly spend the last journey by staying with the animal at home, perhaps taking a day off at work and canceling your plans. It is better to hold a weakened cat in your arms for a longer time, pet it, let her know how dear she is to you. The animal will feel safe and less anxious next to its person.
It is important to keep your cat as comfortable as possible. To do this, it is good to make a soft warm bedding, put a heating pad with warm water in it. Every two to three hours, the animal should be carried to the tray and to bowls of clean water and soft food.
If the old pet has incontinence, an absorbent diaper should be placed on the bedding, which should be changed frequently.
A very weak cat can be fed liquid specialty food and given a syringe. It is important to avoid parasites in the ears and hair. They easily settle on a cat that has lost its natural immunity and are very annoying.
If the animal is seriously ill, you can increase the dose of analgesics or antispasmodics, put a dropper with a nutrient solution.
For palliative care, you can invite your veterinarian to your home. He will teach you how to properly care for a pet in a serious condition. Explains how to properly give injections, massage and water sick cats.
How cats die and why they leave home?
The life expectancy of a cat with good health and proper care can reach 18-19 years. There are cases when cats lived more than 20. They are real long-livers and are very rare. It is very sad when everyone’s favorite gets old before our eyes, his health deteriorates and one day he dies. Knowing how cats die is necessary in order to psychologically prepare for the care of the pet and to alleviate its condition as much as possible in the last days.
Mister Cat Explains: The Funeral
After death, the body of the animal must be properly and, importantly, properly buried. Many veterinary clinics offer pet cremation services, however, if the animal died in the hospital or was euthanized in it.
For those who have moved to another world at home, special pet cemeteries provide their services. They are found in large cities. A place for a grave or urn with ashes is provided for a fee. There, the owners can arrange a place for the memory of the pet and visit him.
Most people choose to bury deceased cats on their own. This is not recommended by sanitary and epidemiological standards, but is practiced everywhere.
There are a number of rules that will help you comply with environmental and ethical standards when burying remains:
- It is better to choose a part of the park that is deserted and remote from hiking trails and walking other animals. You can make a grave in the forest. Sometimes pets are kept with relatives in a human cemetery. You need to know that the burial of animals on the owner’s personal territory is not prohibited, but for a similar act in a public place you will have to pay a fine.
- The grave should be deep enough, not less than one meter, so that it will not be dug up by dogs or predatory animals attracted by the smell of decay. Shallow burial can be washed out by rain. It is very important to take care of the cleanliness of nearby ground sources. If there are springs or springs nearby, it is better to choose another place.
- A stone placed on a pet’s grave, a flower bed or a tree planted can play an aesthetic and memorable role. The owners will be able to visit the place where the pet rests. This will help them get through the breakup easier.
Why cats leave and hide before dying?
The most logical explanation for the desire of an old or sick cat to leave home is associated with an ancient instinct that pets inherited from their wild ancestors.
The animal feels well and understands its vulnerability in this state. Intuitively, they look for a secluded and safe place to lie down and at the same time not fall prey to other predators. For the same reason, cats that have never been outside the walls of the house are still looking for a secluded corner.
Zoopsychologists sometimes say that the desire for retirement before death is associated with an independent and proud character in felines. They don’t want to be seen weak or dead.
Animals especially attached to the owners can thus protect them from sorrow and grief.
There are more mystical explanations for why a cat runs away from home. They are associated with the myth that these animals can foresee the future and see subtle worlds. Allegedly, in this way, they take on the misfortune that threatens the owners and their home, and die in their place.
The psychological experience of loss
The loss of a pet is hard on the emotional state of all family members. Do not hold back emotions and tears. If you can’t get over the melancholy on your own, it is better to seek help from a psychologist. Spending time with your family or chatting with cat owners who have already experienced a loss earlier in a special forum or in a group on social networks is a good way to console yourself.
Particular attention should be paid to the feelings of the children. Due to their age and lack of life experience, they cannot cope with grief on their own. The death of a beloved friend becomes a serious psychological trauma. The deceased animal begins to dream of them, they see it in rolled up clothes or objects. Children mourn pets for a long time, cannot switch to games or study.
It is important for parents not to dismiss the problem, but to completely share the pain of loss with the baby, not to promise him a new kitten, but to warmly and lovingly remember the past, to focus on the bright and happy moments of life together.
Elderly single people, whose cat was their only companion and companion, should receive full psychological support. The death of a cat increases the feeling of loneliness and sometimes leads to the devaluation of its own life and the desire to die after the pet.
In addition, suspicious old people begin to see a bad omen in the death of a pet, a terrible omen “the cat has died. wait for the dead in the house.” Such manifestations of fears and superstitions can seriously affect health and cause an exacerbation of chronic diseases on a nervous basis.
Some time after the loss, it is better to distribute the things and toys of the cat to other families with animals.
However, this should never be done if the cat has died from an infection. After a sick animal, things are disposed of.
Making a new friend is worth it after the pain of loss is finally smoothed out. If a person cannot remember his furry friend without tears, a new pet will not be able to bring him any comfort or joy. After the death of a beloved cat, time must pass.
There is a belief that when the heart calms down and the owner stops mourning for a friend, a new cat will come to him.
There is little mysticism in this belief, just a survivor of the loss finally begins to look closely at the kittens in advertisements and on the street. It is possible that one of them will like.
How to Find a Lost Cat! Can Cats Find Their Way Home?
Is it humane to euthanize a cat in a terminal state??
The owners decide to resort to euthanasia of the animal in the most extreme case, when it becomes unbearable to look at the physical torture. Injuries incompatible with normal life or the last stage of oncology, accompanied by unbearable pain, make people want to stop suffering overnight.
In this case, it is worth understanding the essence of the procedure. There are two ways:
- Immersion of the cat in deep anesthesia and in a state of sleep, the introduction of a drug that stops the work of the heart or respiratory muscles. This is the most humane and easy way. The animal may begin agony, but at the same time it is in an unconscious state, which means that it does not feel fear and pain before death.
- An injection of ditilin, a substance that blocks the contraction of the respiratory muscles. At the same time, the cat is conscious, she understands what is happening to her, feels suffocation, which means the fear of death. Before it dies down, the beast dies in torment.
Any living creature fights for its life to the last. If your pet has become infirm due to age or a chronic illness, it is humane to provide proper care and patience. Euthanasia is a humane solution only in case of unbearable torment.
Why animals don’t linger in the house
In some houses, not a single living creature lingers for long. cats leave the house, little kittens start to get sick, dogs run away and get lost, and flowers dry and die. There are also explanations for this based on folk experience.
The most ominous sign is that such a house can be cursed. Damage, induced even several generations ago, can not only spoil the life of the owners, but also interfere with the calm existence of animals. Those who suspect this should be advised to contact a priest to consecrate an apartment or perform energy cleansing on their own.
Even without damage or the evil eye, bad energy can accumulate in the house, which is very difficult for pets to tolerate, since they are much more sensitive than people. In this case, it is better to start with yourself. to bring peace to the house, try to maintain good relations with household members, make more compromises and fight bad thoughts.
Reasons for leaving a cat or cat
The main reasons why cats leave the house can be noted. To some, signs based on popular observations may seem contradictory, but everyone decides for himself what exactly he is more comfortable to believe in.
It is widely believed that cats are good at feeling negative energy, so an unfavorable aura in an apartment or house can force them to leave any place. In this case, the owners should pay attention to what they can change: try to avoid quarrels and conflicts, clean the garbage from the premises (both literally and figuratively, get rid of bad thoughts and hard memories).
The cat left home. folk signs
Cats are animals that are very attached to the house. And for most owners, they become full members of the family. Therefore, leaving the house of a pet becomes a serious tragedy, especially if the cat cannot be found for a long time.
There are a number of signs and superstitions that suggest how you can interpret such an event and lift the veil of secrecy over your own destiny. Signs that the cat has left home are often not the most positive color, however, in some cases, they can bring the owners a little consolation from the loss of the pet.
Tips to find your missing cat! Simon’s Cat | LOGIC #17
Leaving a cat out of the house can have not only bad consequences. there are also good omens in this regard.
- the British believe that the kitty, leaving, makes room for someone else, which means that soon it is worth waiting for a replenishment in the family;
- cats instinctively try to protect their home from misfortune, so they leave if they feel that bad energy is concentrated on them;
- according to the eastern omen, cats are guides for the souls of the dying, therefore, a cat leaving home after the death of one of the household means that his soul will go to a better world with the help of his beloved pet.
Do not forget about the completely rational reasons for the loss of an animal. most often cats leave their owners because of poor care, stressful conditions in the house, or because of an overly prolonged hunt, when a bird or animal takes them far from their home. Every effort should be made to bring the fugitive home.
Disappearing from a warm, welcoming home for a cat can be motivated by a premonition of impending disaster. this is how it tries to avoid serious consequences and save its life. Then the owners should be as prepared as possible for the fact that something bad may happen soon.
Signs say that if a cat has left the house where a seriously ill person lives, this may indicate that the disease will end in an early death. According to another version, the cat may, on the contrary, try to take death away from home, taking it over and taking it with it as far as possible.
The Slavic peoples have an interesting sign, which says that a cat leaves the house if it has a conflict with a brownie. This is considered a bad sign. our ancestors believed that the house remains unprotected and becomes vulnerable to damage and evil forces.
What does it mean if the cat returned on its own
It also happens that a walking cat returns home on its own. Superstitious people are sometimes afraid of such an outcome of events, because they believe that the cat allegedly brings back the misfortunes and misfortunes that it took with it. You can calm down. this is not at all true.
If the pet has returned, it means that he feels that nothing threatens him or his home anymore. This may indicate that the energy in the dwelling has returned to normal, and the owners can only rejoice at the return of the pet.
For skeptics, there is a simple explanation. the animal returned after a spring spree or finally found its way home after a long hunt.
How folk omens offer to return the lost
If traditional methods of finding an escaped cat, such as announcements on poles or walking in nearby basements, do not work, you can resort to folk rituals. They can be used to bring the cat back home.
- Near the threshold of the house they put a bowl of clean water, they pronounce the conspiracy three times: “To my house, but to my doorstep,” after which they turn their backs and go into the house. The water must not be removed until the pet returns home.
- They take a new white candle (definitely never used before), light it by the window and say “Smoke up the hill, and (the cat’s nickname) to the house.” After that, the extinguished candle can be placed near the pet’s bowl, where its food is previously poured.
- You can ask the brownie to return the cat, it is believed that this spirit is friends with cats. To do this, at midnight in the kitchen you need to put a saucer of milk, respectfully address the mystical owner of the home, clearly stating your request.
- It is better for the Orthodox to refrain from performing rituals, not to follow signs and superstitions, but there are ways for them. It is worth going to church, turning with sincere prayer to God. Also, in the search for departed pets, Saint Tryphon helps. you can pray in front of his icon.
Be that as it may, you should not despair after the pet leaves. there are cases when cats came home after a few months or even years. The loss of a pet can be considered a warning from higher powers that it is worthwhile to start changing yourself and your own life for the better.
Why cats leave home. 7 reasons for pets to run away
People are very attached to pets, so when the cat leaves the house, the owner wants to know the reason. In this case, pets can escape for a while, and then return, or forever. There are several versions of why cats disappear. There are many superstitions and myths. It can be both the person who mistreated the animal and the natural feline instincts to blame.
What to do if your pet does not return for a long time?
If it happened that the cat went on a spree, urgent action is needed. There is no need to wait for the pet to come by itself, this may not happen. In such a situation, there is only one way out. to start persecution as soon as possible. It is necessary to leave the house and ask around the neighbors, residents of the neighborhood. Maybe someone saw the animal on the street or took it for himself. It is recommended to place an ad. This can be done in a newspaper, on the Internet, handwritten and hung on poles. It is necessary to indicate a detailed description of the animal, attach a photo.
If the cat, coming home, after a while runs away again, then you need to purchase special address tags. They are attached to a pet’s collar, they contain a nickname, address, phone number of the owner. A modern method that can be done is chipping a cat. It does not bring discomfort to the animal. A microchip is inserted under the skin and, if something suddenly happens, information about the location is read from it.
Many believe that cats are human protectors. If a cat comes to the doorstep of the house, you cannot drive him away. This has long been considered a blessing from above. A fluffy lump enters the dwelling. a good sign. There are certain signs why cats leave and do not return, some of them:
- Trouble looming. If the cat escaped, perhaps she sensed them and wants to avoid. And, conversely, animals attract negative energy to themselves, so cats leave the house to take it with them, away from the owner.
- Death. When a very sick person is in the house, the pets run away to take death with them. It is believed that this means the imminent death of the sick person.
- Negative energy in the home. If the cat ran away from home, it means that there is a lot of magical energy in the house or it is cursed.
Reasons for escape: what serves as a provocateur?
If a person has other pets or a small child appears in the family, the cat may feel that they have found a replacement for him, kicked out. Feelings of loneliness and jealousy take over, and such cats do not stay at home for a long time. However, it also happens that the cat does not move away from its beloved owner, cuddles, trying to draw all attention only to itself.
Owner behavior towards the pet
Cats are great psychologists. The domestic cat feels people well. If one of the owners does not like him, then he leaves far from home, for a long time or forever. If scandals are constantly present between family members, the pet simply cannot withstand such a stream of aggression. If the offended cat left home and did not return, it means that he was shouted at or even beaten. It happens that animals simply do not take root in a new home.
The cat ran away to die
They are amazing animals that feel the end. When old age comes or the cat is sick, the owners know that she will soon leave for another world, and want to spend the last minutes with her. Cats run away a few days before they die. They want to find solitude, die away from prying eyes, so it is easier for them to come to terms with the inevitable. Another, opposite opinion: cats do not want to bring death to the house and owner, they try not to upset a loved one.
Wild cats, weakened, leave the flock and hide in a secluded place. the enemy will not notice one animal in the bushes as quickly as the flock. Therefore, the cat on an instinctive level “lays down” in order to recover and join the pack. Of course, a successful outcome does not always happen. sometimes the animal dies. But it cannot foresee its end.
It is common for wild cats to leave the flock and lie down in case of illness, which was also taken from them by domestic relatives.
It is known that domestic cats are also carnivores by nature. They feel their vulnerability and loss of strength. in this state they cannot withstand the enemy, therefore they hide, relying on time and rest at the level of instincts.
Not all cats and cats go to die. For example, if the animal lived only at home, it is unlikely that it wants to leave it. Another thing is walking pets, which are accustomed to the street. they most often leave the master’s house.
Unwillingness to injure the psyche of the owner
Some owners assume that the animal leaves before dying out of pity for them. In reality, this theory has no basis, because how can an animal know what death is? over, it cannot foresee it. In addition, cats are animals generally not inclined to take care of humans. All this indicates that the hypothesis is wrong.
The hypothesis that the cat leaves to die, taking care of the psyche of the owner, is wrong.
Signs of an imminent demise purr
Cats age by 12-14 years, but some of them live up to 25 years, which is extremely rare. If the pet has reached old age, then you need to especially monitor its health and take care of it. Unfortunately, cats don’t always die of old age. In any case, according to the signs described below, it can be determined that death is approaching:
- Loss of appetite. At first, the kitty may refuse food, and then. from water. The following factors are dangerous:
- the animal does not eat throughout the day;
Refusal to eat is a sign of pet illness
You can measure the temperature by rectal method.
Many of these signs can indicate a pet is ill. So don’t jump to conclusions and visit your veterinarian.
However, not always the impending death of a cat can be determined by any signs.
My cat Vasya died as a teenager. We took him from a street cat. she lambed, kittens had to be distributed. The cat was very smart, a favorite of the whole family. We let him out into the street for a walk. And somehow he returned with a twisted jaw. with someone he had a fight. He could not eat. we fed him from a syringe. But it didn’t help. the veterinarian said that the cat would not survive. Apparently, his internal organs were damaged. For two days he lay in the corridor near the entrance. I don’t know why he chose this particular place. The cat was completely exhausted, he could no longer eat. He felt very bad, he was constantly sleeping. And then he left and never came back.
Reasons why cats go to die
There are several reasons for a cat to leave home before dying. Some of them are contrived, but still you need to know about each.
Why does the cat go away to die
Old age, health problems. all this is typical not only for humans, but also for cats. When the time is right, she leaves home and never returns. Many people think that this is due to the reluctance of the animal to injure the psyche of the owner.
Pain that makes you run away
Some believe that the pet, in pain before death, tries to escape from this feeling and endure it alone. In fact, this is definitely an incorrect hypothesis, because not all cats experience pain before death.
Testimonials from cat and cat owners about how their pets went to die
And many years ago I had a cat, he often left for several months, and then came back, was in good shape, apparently lived in two houses. And one day he returned, slightly alive, and a few minutes later he died in front of the whole family. Exceptional was the cat.
Our first cat was epileptic. She lived with us for five years, there were seizures 2 times a year somewhere. She left and did not return. I searched for her for so long in the neighborhood, I did not find it. Probably, she still died somewhere in peace and quiet (((
I, too, once left a seven-year-old cat. Before leaving, he walked heavily, sighed and looked into our eyes every time. He left and did not return. Why? I was told that cats, if they leave the house themselves, then only to die outside the house.
Most likely, cats leave the house to die, obeying instinct, because they are predators. However, they do not do this in all cases. And signs of the imminent death of an animal can warn the owner of an upcoming event, but they are not always obvious.
Why cats leave home and what it means
Everyone who has a pet knows how much you become attached to him during your life and how you worry if some kind of trouble happens to him. Our “tails” spend their whole lives next to us, serve with faith and truth, delight, comfort, warm with their warmth, but it happens when a fluffy pet has left home and never returned. What to do in this case?
In fact, cats are animals that have always loved to walk on their own. However, our revelers usually return home on their own when they are hungry and tired after a few days. But it happens that an animal has disappeared and there is no news from it. Is it worth looking for your pet in this case and what can happen, we will consider in more detail below.
There is an opinion that cats go to die. Allegedly, before death, they are looking for a quiet, calm place where the owner could not find their little body. But it’s one thing when the cat is already old, but what about the young? After all, it happens that young cats also leave and do not return. Let’s try to consider this situation from the perspective of two ages.
Why do young cats leave
There are many reasons why your furry friend might run away from home. Let’s try to highlight a number of main ones:
- All young cats and cats love to walk. Whatever one may say, but nature takes its toll and with the arrival of spring, each shaggy tail is looking for a mate. For this reason, many pets jump out of the windows, into the slightly open doors, without thinking that it will be very difficult to find the way back (especially if they live in a high-rise building). In winter, cats usually do not have love games.
- Don’t forget about your pet’s instincts. Cats are hunters by nature, and if he likes to sit on the windowsill, he can jump out of the window for a bird, leaf, twig without hesitation. Well, if the floor is not large, otherwise it will lead to a sad outcome.
When an animal falls out of a window or jumps out of the house, it finds itself in an unfamiliar area, and even dangerous. Listening to their instincts, cats try to immediately find shelter and can go far from home in search of one. In addition, street homeless people do not like newcomers very much, so when they find themselves in unfamiliar territory, they always have serious troubles. Residential cats and cats have no idea how to protect themselves from a pack of dogs, cars, unfriendly people. They do not have survival skills, so they often die, and the owners think that their pet simply ran away from home.
To protect your pet, and at the same time your nerves, you should adhere to certain rules. When starting a kitten at home, you need to take care not only of its nutrition and health, but also of its safety. Nowadays, it has become popular to change your windows to plastic double-glazed windows, and mosquito nets are included with them. These nets prevent various insects from entering the apartment, and at the same time protect pets from unforeseen situations in the form of falling out of windows. There have already been many cases when a cat was ready to jump out after a bird flying past, but the net did not allow the animal to do this, which saved his life. This device is extremely necessary for those people who live on the upper floors, because this is an additional guarantor of the safety of your pet.
Also, when starting a cat or cat in your family, you should think about spaying the animal upon reaching age. Such a measure will not only protect the pet from prolonged spree with the prospect of getting lost and not find its way back, but will also allow healthy animals to live their lives, moreover, it has been proven that neutered or neutered cats live an order of magnitude longer.
Folk signs of leaving an animal out of the house
In addition to the household reasons mentioned above, there are several more, due to which cats leave and do not return home.
There are signs among the people that are associated with the departure of the animal. If the cat left home and did not return, then this may indicate the approach of some kind of disaster or catastrophe. Cats have long been considered magical animals. They are able to see more than people see, they are always dealt with by witch-grandmothers. Therefore, the people have firmly entrenched the notion that if a cat has left home, it means that trouble is impending. This may even be due to the death of the owner.
In addition to this belief, people know one more fact: if a cat has left home, it means that it has taken trouble away from the family. Sometimes, for this reason, the owners do not even try to look for their pet. It is believed that the animal protected its pets from harm or ailments. Do not try to somehow prevent the omen, cats always know what they are doing.
Many people think that if a cat disappeared from the house where a seriously ill person is, then this is a bad omen and his days went into account. However, this event can be viewed from the other side. Assume that the cat does not portend death, but leads her away with him. Of course, I’m sorry for my beloved pet, but you’d better thank him for saving and recovering the patient.
Another popular belief: by leaving the pet makes room for someone else. Your family may have a replenishment soon?!
According to legends, cats of different colors have their own special abilities. Black cats protect the house from evil spirits, red cats attract love, gray cats. well-being.
Drawing a conclusion from all of the above, we can say that domestic cats leave the house when the owner dies, when they are already old and sick. By leaving, the animal removes trouble from the family, taking on the misfortune.
How to explain leaving
In general, a number of scientific or everyday explanations can always be found for such an ambiguous behavior of cats. After all, cats can disappear from home for quite natural reasons, therefore you should not always see something mystical.
- So, a cat can simply get lost and never find his way home (so as not to talk about the ability of cats to overcome great distances and find their way home by smell). A fluffy hunter can be carried away by a bird flying by, other people’s cats or dogs can drive him away, unkind people can take him away, etc.
- The cat may disappear due to unexpected death. If there is a busy highway within walking distance or wild brothers and aggressive dogs wander in the yard, then you should not be surprised.
- If you have recently moved to a new place of residence, then the cat may disappear for two reasons: either he does not like new housing (cats, as you know, get used not to people, but to the place), or the pet has failed to find a common language with the Brownie.
- The withdrawal of the feline brethren, especially temporary, is due to natural reasons. A cat can be carried away by a cute kitty, but a cat can “take a walk” and come home months later with a whole litter of kittens.
- If the cat does not live well in the house, if he is offended, tortured, undernourished and generally perceived poorly, he can run away to find a more comfortable nest.
- over, if you suddenly brought another kitten or puppy, gave birth to a child or got a groom (bride), then a proud animal can disappear from your life without a trace. And the reason for this will be banal jealousy, no matter how ridiculous it may sound when applied to cats. These creatures are capable of selfless love and fierce hatred, so why can’t they feel that they have suddenly become unnecessary?
- A popular omen reminds: a cat can leave the house if a family member has left it (the reason for this may be death, divorce, moving, etc.), to which she was especially attached.
There are even very funny cases when a cat leaves the house literally to a neighbor. How can this be explained? Perhaps your cat has been seduced by a more well-fed and quieter life? And there is nothing to be surprised that the animal went to a better place, especially if you treated your pet too dismissively and unfriendly.
Sometimes this turn of affairs has a mystical background. Perhaps your neighbor urgently needed help in protecting from some invisible Evil? Do not be offended by the cat, there is a possibility that he will return as soon as he completes his mission to the end.
Sign about the prodigal cat
All cats are considered to be cute, kind and, of course, pets. But, despite this, fluffy pets often shock the owners with their inexplicable behavior.
To begin with, consider the folk signs that are directly related to the cat’s leaving the house. Alas, decoding them does not always imply a good outcome.
- For example, it is believed that cats are acutely aware of any negativity, and especially impending death. over, the feline brethren literally cannot stand it when a seriously ill or already dying person or other animal is in the house. As soon as the cat learns death, she begins to literally “survive” the doomed from home. Often these attempts do not bring the desired results. It is unlikely that someone will want to voluntarily leave their place of residence if the cat began to show aggression or write in sneakers. Rather, the pet itself will suffer. Therefore, the proud animal prefers to leave. Hence the superstition appeared, if a cat leaves the house, then there will certainly be a deceased in it.
- The same behavior of a fluffy pet was noted in the event that in the near future a big trouble falls on the house and those living in it.
Important: However, do not suspect that the cat is in a hurry to leave the house in order to protect its own skin.
In fact, if the cat has left the house, then you can breathe easy. Your devoted friend simply took the trouble with him. Usually, in such situations, the furry savior disappears literally without a trace and never returns.
- Another popular omen warns that a cat is given by the Higher Powers to protect the house when it is threatened by the invasion of otherworldly forces or completely earthly evil in the form of a bad person, including a sorcerer. As soon as the threat disappears, so does the cat. You no longer need special protection, but others may need it.
- The most popular sign says: a cat leaves human habitation before its own death. Cats are very strange, interesting and mysterious creatures, and according to some versions they are completely alien guests on our planet. Apparently for this reason, they prefer that the transition to another world take place far from prying eyes. Perhaps at this moment you can learn something forbidden and incomprehensible about the feline brotherhood, who knows?
- There is also a more positive sign. It is believed that the cat left to make room for someone else. Perhaps a new family member or newborn will soon appear in the house.?
How to get a cat back
As you can see, there are quite a few reasons for leaving a pet, and this or that omen does not always explain this. And if the cat suddenly left, then you should not suspect the worst.
Important: In any particular case, you should take into account the nature, gender, age of the pussy, as well as your own attitude towards it and the prevailing circumstances.
If you are eager to return your pet safe and sound, then you can do a couple of simple rituals. If nothing tragic happened to the cat, then most likely they will contribute to the early return of the prodigal cat.
- Place a cat’s favorite delicacy in the cat’s bowl. Place a lighted candle in a strictly white color next to it. Seek help from the Higher Forces, and then wait for the candle to completely burn out.
- Pour milk or water into a bowl whispering the words “To my house, to my doorstep” and place it in front of the front door. Visualize in detail how the cat returns to the apartment.
- Tie one string around the legs of the dining table (wrapping each in a loop) around the perimeter. To be sure, you can contact the Domovoy to return the cat.
If painstaking searches and magical rituals do not help, then just wholeheartedly wish your furry pet good luck, in whatever world he is now. For whatever reason your cat did not leave the cozy home, there was a good reason for that. If you truly loved him, then there is a huge chance that his devoted feline soul will return to you again in the form of a squeaking shabby lump, which one day will surely hit your doorstep.
Why and why they can die?
Animals die for various reasons. A cat can die of old age, then you should not look for any signs of fate here. There is no question of any negative either. If the animal was at the doorstep, the room or apartment was locked and the pet could not get out. When cats anticipate their demise, they try to be out of the house.
But it also happens that the animal dies suddenly, without any pain. Such death can have several meanings.
Death of a cat in the house. Interpretation of signs if the animal dies without leaving the dwelling
Cats and cats have always been endowed with special qualities. It is believed that they can protect their masters from dark magic and are a symbol of well-being. But protection is not given just like that. the owner must provide a comfortable cat’s life, not offend his pet. When cats die, it always looks suspicious. Is it worth waiting for troubles and misfortunes?
What does it mean?
- If a family member is to blame for the death of a pet, then you need to prepare for theft. It is possible that not outsiders, but close people will be to blame for this. Investigation will get you nowhere.
- The death of a cat from household appliances is a nuisance at work. Threatening dismissal or reprimands, reports followed by explanatory.
- When the cause of death is an accidental fall from a high floor, then you should expect serious quarrels with your spouse, which can lead to divorce.
- If a beloved pet has been poisoned, then the owners better not make new acquaintances and refrain from any changes in life. Everything new will only bring problems.
- Responsibility for the death of the pet lies with another animal with which there was a fight. it is worth preparing for scandals with friends. If a compromise is not found, then the relationship may end there.
- A pet can die under strange circumstances. For example, falling asleep and not waking up. Such a departure from life speaks of the need to clean the house of negative energy.
Beliefs and superstitions, if a furry pet died in an apartment
- Feeling death, he left home. he does not want to upset the owners and loves them. This is how cats show their affection. If the pet wished to stay at home in the last hours, it is likely that he did not feel warm feelings for the owners.
- The cat died. wait for the test. A sign that has been believed for hundreds of years. It means that with the death of a pet, difficult trials will come to the owner, connected not only with the death of a beloved pet. Perhaps a serious illness will overtake.
- With the death of the cat, all the negative goes away. This omen, unlike the previous one, suggests that the pet dies at home and thereby saves its owners, taking with it all the hardships. In ancient Egypt, the cat has always been a sacred animal. It was believed that after death, she becomes a guardian angel for her masters.
- The death of a pet means money. There is also such a little cynical omen. To see how an animal dies is an immediate success and financial well-being. If the cat was white, they say that it is for love.
What to do?
If the owner notices that the animal is behaving unusual: wants to leave the house, meows loudly. it is better not to hold and let go. The cat either wants to die outside the home, or throw off the negativity and return filled with new strength.
A new cat should not be taken into the house until three months.
Death can come to pets from old age. Then no rituals and actions to cleanse the house are necessary. With sudden death, it can be assumed that the entire family was exposed to negative energy. Maybe go to church.
Does she take all the trouble out of her home when she “goes to the rainbow”?
often than not, cats leave home to die. Beliefs say that in this way they take with them all the negativity and troubles of the owners. It is believed that cats have nine lives. they can give one at the time of death to someone from their beloved family. For example, if the owner is in serious danger or a fatal illness, then the pet can deliberately throw himself under the car, donating his life in return.
If someone tries to influence the house where the cat lived with the help of dark forces, then the animal can die suddenly, protecting the home and its inhabitants.
Don’t be afraid to have pets. Cats can serve as a “developer” of negativity in the house, and their sudden death is a warning. It is worth considering whether all loved ones want only good and come to visit in peace. Taking care of a pet will always return to their owners for a double benefit.