West Highland White Terrier
- Where bred: Scotland
- Parameters: 25. 28 cm, 6. 10 kg
- Fur coat type: short, hard with a soft and dense undercoat
- Life time: 12. 15 years
- How much will it cost: 25,000 r.
The most affectionate and balanced among terriers. West Highland White Terriers respond well to training, although they can sometimes be stubborn and dominant. They get along well with school-age children. But they are extremely hostile to other pets.
Despite the fact that this small breed belongs to low-shedding, the dog needs careful care. She is combed every other day, bathed a couple of times a month, she is regularly cut or plucked hairs. How many times a year you have to go to the pet salon depends on the hair growth rate.
The owner decides to groom or trim the West Highland White Terrier. Both options are acceptable.
- Country: Germany, France
- Height and weight: 22. 25 cm and 6. 8 kg. toy, 28. 38 kg and 7. 8 kg. dwarf, 45. 60 cm and 20. 23 kg. royal
- Hair Type: Curly
- How long does it live: 12 to 18 years old
- Cost: 30,000 r.
One of the most amazing non-shedding rocks. It is more than a dog. And poodles require appropriate treatment. They have a sharp mind, they can easily distinguish between human emotions, they can “listen” or “talk” with the owner for hours. All varieties of poodles get along easily with children and other animals. Breeders say they are capable of identifying their breed and are very happy when given the opportunity to play with them. But they love people the most.
Poodles are very clean, do not shed, and almost do not smell, and their coat is hypoallergenic.
However, they are difficult to care for. Pets should be combed twice a week, bathed regularly, clipped and taken to a groomer every 1. 1.5 months.
It is extremely difficult to trim a poodle on your own. The owner chooses the type of haircut based on personal preferences and whether the dog participates in exhibitions.
HATE SHEDDING? Here are the Top 10 Dogs that DON’T Shed!
- Country: England
- Height and weight: 56. 61 cm, 18. 29 kg
- Hair type: curly, wiry
- Lifetime: 10. 12 years
- Cost: 25,000 r.
There is no dog more obedient and calmer than a well-mannered and trained Airedale. But if the dog falls into the hands of an inexperienced owner, he is able to turn into the devil.
The dog is large, strong, prone to domination, jealous of his belongings and family, can arrange squabbles. Therefore, it needs to be loaded mentally and physically every day, and to be engaged in training from puppyhood. Airedale terriers do not get along well with other dogs and cats, especially if they did not grow up with them. But they get along well with school-aged children.
Pets shed little if they are regularly brushed and trimmed. Particular attention should be paid to the dense undercoat. They prefer to cut non-show animals like a puppy, leaving only long characteristic hair on the beard and eyebrows.
- Where bred: England
- Parameters: 21. 23 cm, 2. 3 kg
- Fur coat type: similar to human hair
- Life time: 12. 15 years
- How much will it cost: 11,000 r.
Despite their small size, Yorkies are brave, curious and energetic. They are ready to play for hours and follow their master everywhere. Pets can become lazy only in old age.
The Yorkshire Terrier’s coat is smooth, silky, almost does not fall out and does not cause allergies. But she needs to be constantly looked after. The dog is combed out daily so that mats do not form. Once every 4. 6 months (more often in summer) it is necessary to trim it and pluck out the old guard hairs. York is a born hunter. He gets along poorly with other animals, especially rodents. It tends to dominate and often provokes conflicts with relatives. If there are children in the house, it is necessary to explain to them that the pet is fragile and must be handled with care.
Among the diseases, the most common are caries, gingivitis, insufficient blood sugar, allergic reactions, pathologies of the digestive system.
Are there non-shedding dogs?
It should be understood that there are no dog breeds that absolutely do not shed. Any pet will shed hair. Another thing is how much wool there will be.
The exception is hairless species. They shed the least. But they also have a small guard hair on the face, paws, tail, as well as a slight down on the body.
There are 6 types of coat in dogs. They differ in structure and length:
- smooth or short-haired;
- exotic. the pet is bald or with a slight edge.
If you need a non-shedding dog, then you should choose from the last three types. It is they who shed little hair, do not have an undercoat or it is weakly frayed, almost does not smell and rarely provoke allergic reactions. Some future owners believe that it is better to have a pet with short hair. However, this is not always true. Among such breeds, there are rarely those who shed little. They “shower” with a fur coat all year round and no less intensively than long-haired species. And removing short and spiky hairs is harder than long ones.
- Origin: China
- Sizes: 29. 30 cm, 4. 5 kg
- Wool type: exotic
- Life Expectancy: 10. 12 Years
- Price: 15 000 r.
Refined, gentle and loyal Chinese Crested dog is perfect for keeping in an apartment. These pets are extremely smart and try to please their owners in everything. Therefore, it is easy to teach them not only standard commands, but also circus tricks. There are two varieties of the breed. hairless and with wool. In the former, hairs are present only on the head, paws and tail. In the second, the so-called “puffs”, the body is covered with a soft fur coat.
Since the skin of the Chinese crested is not protected, it must be bathed with special hypoallergenic shampoos, lubricated with sun creams and moisturizing lotions before going outside, and dressed in winter.
BIG Dogs That Don’t Shed
Dogs are prone to obesity, heat stroke, colds. They often have problems with teeth, joints, eyes.
Another disadvantage is the excessive need for communication. Animals do not tolerate loneliness, they are strongly attached to one person. Therefore, it is difficult to adapt when changing the owner.
In addition to the Chinese Crested, there are other types of “exotic”: Mexican Hairless Dog, American Hairless Terrier, Peruvian Inca Orchid.
Non-fading dog breeds: overview and care features
Long hair is not only beautiful, but also troublesome. When starting a fluffy pet, you should prepare for the fact that hairs will be everywhere, including food and bed.
The ubiquitous hairs are especially annoying for allergy sufferers. Therefore, future owners are looking for dogs that do not shed. Such dogs are not only less “poured” than their shaggy counterparts, but also have almost no smell and are hypoallergenic.
Which dogs are non-shedding, which one is better to choose and how to take care of them, you will learn from the rating of the 10 most problem-free breeds in grooming.
- Where displayed: Malta
- Parameters: 20. 25 cm, 3. 4 kg
- Fur coat type: long, without undercoat
- Life time: 12. 16 years
- How much will it cost: 17,000 r.
This small, non-shedding breed is perfect for keeping in an apartment. Maltese is the perfect choice for inexperienced owners and seniors. They can sometimes be stubborn or capricious, but if they are not pampered, dogs grow up obedient and complaisant. The wool of the Maltese lapdog must be constantly maintained in good condition, otherwise it will climb in clumps. Their fur coat is long, reaches the ground, easily tangles and gets dirty.
Long hairs on the head are recommended to be collected in a ponytail so that they do not get into the eyes. Non-show dogs prefer to have their hair cut short to facilitate grooming.
Breed selection tips
- size. the larger the pet has, the more space it needs for a normal life. Therefore, compact and medium breeds of dogs are suitable for city apartments;
- activity. many breeds are hunting or sports, they have developed working qualities, they need active training and long walks. It is recommended to refuse such dogs in the conditions of keeping the apartment, and especially when there is a shortage of free time;
- safety. some large breeds can live in apartments, but the owners need to take care of the safety of others, paying special attention to the upbringing and training of the pet.
A particularly important factor in the choice is the size of the pet, so we will consider this item in more detail. A big dog is good because it will become a reliable guard of the house. However, such a pet cannot be put in bed with the owners, it has a pungent smell, and also needs large portions of meat.
Miniature breeds will perfectly fit into the spaciousness of a modest apartment, and at the same time they will feel comfortable. They are odorless, the basis of their diet is dry food, which pets consume very economically. The disadvantages of “glamorous” breeds are the lack of skills of guards, they themselves need care and require careful care.
Criterias of choice
There is a fairly wide range of factors that should be considered when choosing a dog for an apartment. If you live in a small apartment, then you should think about whether your pet will be comfortable living in a small space. In this case, it is recommended to abandon the choice of large dog breeds.
The character of the pet also plays an important role. It is worth choosing breeds that have a measured temperament, will not get bored alone and will not bark about every occasion.
If you spend the lion’s share of the time at work and the pet has no one to pay attention to, you should give preference to independent animals that can occupy themselves in the absence of a person. Choose not too energetic breeds, otherwise you risk finding spoiled things on your return home.
Pets that require careful maintenance are also not the best option for a person with a lack of free time. Avoid keeping dogs with long hair that needs regular brushing and grooming. Otherwise, the fur coat will get tangled, and its appearance will lose its attractiveness.
If in your family there are households suffering from allergies, then you should choose hairless or hypoallergenic pets. With special responsibility in the choice of a dog, it is necessary to approach those families with small children. Babies can injure the animal while playing or, on the contrary, cause its aggression. Therefore, preference should be given to calm and balanced breeds.
Yorkshire Terrier. fluffy wonder
Nice breed Yorkshire Terrier, very reminiscent of a plush toy. Despite its diminutive size, the dog, like all terriers, is a hunter at heart. The pet is inquisitive, active, communication with him will bring joy to the whole family. People with allergies can start this dog, since the pet’s fur coat consists of hair, which is almost identical in structure to a human.
- shedding. minimal;
- guarding and hunting qualities are well developed;
- gets along well with children and other pets;
- quite active, physical activity is required, but not too intense, it is enough to entertain the dog by playing in the apartment;
- rather painstaking care of the coat;
- ideal pet for training and education.
Yorkshire Terrier has a thick and long coat, has a square body, a narrowed muzzle and expressive eyes. Puppies of the breed have a black color, which by 3-4 months is set off by the palettes characteristic of the breed. The main color of an adult is brown-yellow and brown-honey.
Only one owner recognizes dogs for an apartment, although he will treat each household with awe. He loves attention very much and begins to be sad alone. The dog loves long walks, is easy to train, and is tolerant of pet clothing. Walking with a pet is more of an entertaining nature, experts recommend having a home toilet for a terrier.
The breed has hunting roots that make themselves felt when meeting strangers. The dog is wary of strangers. On the street, the animal is a big bully, when it meets other individuals, it starts to bark first.
- wool. daily combing with a metal comb, it is recommended to tie a bun of hair on the head so that the fur coat does not interfere with the dog’s vision;
- bathing. as it gets dirty, but not more than twice a month. In this case, moisturizing balms and shampoos are used;
- haircut. there are model, hygienic and standard haircuts;
- claws. haircut once a month;
- teeth. cleaning from tartar once a week with a special brush and paste;
- eyes. rubbing with a soft cloth dipped in tea leaves;
- parasites. monthly treatment for ticks with special sprays;
- ration. the use of exclusively prepared premium food, since the home diet is not able to provide the dog with the correct proportions of vitamins and minerals;
- diseases. joint dislocations, liver ailments, inflammation of the pancreas, allergies, diseases of the oral cavity, hernia, cryptorchidism.
The pug is a small companion dog, one of the oldest breeds in China. For centuries they were faithful companions of the emperors, they were kept in magnificent palaces. Today, the “chambers” of the animal are more modest, but this does not prevent them from maintaining a friendly and cheerful disposition. Pets love attention, however, being alone with themselves, they do not become discouraged, but patiently wait for the return of household members.
The pug is great for urban measured life, the pet loves to spend time at home, in the evenings he will be happy to accompany you while watching a movie, sitting at the feet of the owner.
- sheds profusely, grooming is required;
- guard skills are not developed, is a poor guard;
- gets along well with children and other animals;
- physical activity is not high, short walks will completely satisfy the dog’s “appetites” in terms of energy realization;
- excellently trainable;
- medium difficulty of caring for a dog, suitable for novice owners.
The pug has a pretty appearance, the body is square, the head is covered with folds characteristic of Chinese breeds. The main colors of the breed are cream, black, silver and fawn. The pet is one of the amusing and funny breeds. The dog is infinitely loyal to the family, quickly gets used to the rules of the house, adapts to the character and lifestyle of the owner.
The miniature size of the breed allows it to be kept even in the most modest apartment in terms of area. Dogs quickly find a common language with children, take part in their games with pleasure. They like to be in the spotlight, aggression and signs of cowardice are extremely rare traits found in the breed.
Pugs are a creepy sweet tooth, ready to perform the most difficult stunts for a delicious reward. An additional motivation is the praise of the owner. To maintain the health of your pet, you will need daily walks, the total duration of which varies from half an hour to an hour. In extreme heat or frost, the duration should be reduced to 10 minutes.
- bathing. every 4-5 months;
- wool. combing out with a natural bristle brush, using a damp cloth to clean the folds on the face after eating;
- eyes. rubbing with a swab dipped in tea every morning;
- claws. haircut once a month;
- ears. weekly cleaning with a swab dipped in boric alcohol;
- parasites. spray the dog’s skin with a tick spray every month;
- diet. dry food is recommended, especially during the growth of the puppy, after the pet is 8 months old, it can be transferred to home cooking: chicken, lean meat, cereals, sea fish, apples, vegetables, offal, dairy products. The taboo for the pug’s diet is chocolate, smoked meats, pasta, river fish, oatmeal;
- diseases. pug owners may face obesity of their pet, gum disease, epilepsy, eye ailments.
Top 5: dog breeds for an apartment
Chihuahua is the smallest dog breed that was bred in America. Written evidence suggests that Christopher Columbus himself met with miniature animals, landing on the shores of Cuba. This dog for an apartment has a slightly stretched body shape, a pointed muzzle, wide-set ears, a wide chest and fragile limbs.
- insignificant grooming, molting is almost imperceptible;
- protective qualities are sufficiently developed, the pet gives a voice when it detects strangers;
- gets along well with other pets, but chihuahua with children is a controversial issue. Toddler play can injure the dog;
- the animal needs minor physical activity;
- well trained;
- great in the apartment, adjusts to the rhythm of life of the household.
Dogs for an apartment can have a very diverse color. there are both plain and mixed coats. The most common palettes include brown, white, cream, chocolate, silver, gray, apricot, red.
Chihuahua is an energetic yet graceful dog. The breed is strongly attached to only one household member, remaining faithful to him until the end of his days. Pets have an excellent reaction, show courage, it would seem, is unusual for them for such a tiny size.
A distinctive feature of pets is their unique ability to sense a person’s mood. They lie on the places where the owner feels pain, relieve physical and emotional stress.
Despite their tiny size, pets behave quite bravely. They can run out into the yard without a shadow of fear, approach large dogs and even defend their territory. You may wish to walk with the dog, since the pet is afraid of cold weather, does not benefit the animal’s health and strong heat. Therefore, special clothes are often used for walking, and a place is reserved for a Chihuahua toilet in the apartment.
Features of the care of this dog for an apartment:
- wool. combing out several times a month with a rubber mitten;
- eyes. prevention of acidification with the use of a wet swab;
- ears. weekly cleaning with a damp swab;
- claws. haircut every 3-4 months;
- bathing. several times a month, after bath procedures, the pet must be well dried;
- teeth. cleaning with a brush and a special paste for the prevention of gum disease;
- diet. both the use of ready-made feed and home cooking is allowed. In the latter case, the following products should be used: meat, offal, cereals, seasonal fruits, cottage cheese, eggs;
- diseases. dropsy of the brain, undescended ovary, skin diseases, atrophy of the retina, joint dislocations, rheumatism, low blood sugar.
Dogs for an apartment. an overview of the recommended breeds and their description
Have you decided to have a dog in your apartment? How to choose a breed? Dogs for an apartment and a child: a list of breeds and recommendations for care. What to look out for before adopting a dog in an apartment?
If a dog does not shed, gives off an unpleasant odor and does not cause allergies, this does not mean that it does not need care. Rather, on the contrary, these animals need proper timely care, which consists in the following:
- pets that do not shed their hair on their own need to be combed out regularly;
- Dogs with medium coarse outer coat must be trimmed in the salon or do it yourself;
- long-haired dogs need to be combed out and bathed in a timely manner so that the animal does not form tangles;
- regular grooming in the salon and grooming are mandatory procedures for dogs such as poodles, lapdogs, Yorkshires;
- it is necessary to regularly cleanse the skin of animals from dead particles and prevent the appearance of dandruff in order to avoid irritation and dermatitis, especially in short-haired and bald dogs; for this, special gloves and sanitary napkins for animals are purchased;
- it is necessary to regularly clean the ears and wash the eyes, keep the animal’s oral cavity in order;
- get all the necessary vaccinations and give vitamins.
Dogs that do not have a cutting element require special care. They are afraid of cold and drafts, and the sultry sun can burn delicate skin. Dogs of these breeds definitely need clothing that protects the body.
Top 10 Small Dog Breeds That Don’t Shed
It is necessary to bathe such animals more often than others in order to wash off the dust and secretions that may occur on the skin. Long-haired pets also need a wardrobe that protects them from bad weather, dirt and insects that cause serious diseases.
Carefully follow the rules of caring for the dog you choose, then your house and clothes will be clean. If the animal suddenly begins to shed profusely, be sure to contact your veterinarian.
Dogs that do not shed: the best breeds and the nuances of caring for them
Getting rid of dog hair during shedding is not easy. She pursues the owners everywhere and everywhere, remains on clothes and furniture. In this article, you will learn about whether there are non-shedding dog breeds suitable for an apartment, what are their features, and what are the nuances of caring for these pets.
People who are looking for a decorative companion dog for keeping in a city apartment should pay attention to several small non-shedding species.
- Yorkshire Terrier. This is a brave and fearless friend. Cheerful, playful, he gets along well with children and is suitable for keeping in a large family. The dog has no undercoat, which can be a lot of hassle when shedding.
- Scottish Terrier. This is an executive class dog. a favorite of actors and presidents. In Russia, she became popular thanks to the People’s Artist of the Soviet Union Mikhail Rumyantsev, a clown named Pencil. The famous comedian did not find himself a better stage partner than the faithful and kind Scotch Terrier Klyaksa.
The coat of the dog is hard, the undercoat is thick and dense.
- West Highland White Terrier. These dogs are very energetic and do not know rest. The adorable snow-white coat is tough and the undercoat is dense and dense. They are excellent hunters, but city dwellers gladly breed them in apartments as indoor pets.
- Chinese crested dog. This is a funny creature completely devoid of body hair. Long feathers are found only on the face, ears and legs. There are individuals covered with a rare thin fluff.
A loved one requires respect, care and attention.
- Shih Tzu. The birthplace of the pet, incredibly similar to a lion cub, is China. The dog accompanied the emperor of China everywhere, it will accompany you wherever you go. A kind cute creature does not shed, does not smell and does not cause allergies.
- Brussels Griffon. The heart of this dog will forever be devoted to only one owner, and the animal will treat the rest of the household with caution. Excessive attention spoils his character: the Griffon becomes wayward and spoiled. Reasonable strictness in upbringing will not hurt.
Wire-haired griffon hair is not a hassle for owners.
- Bichon Frize. This funny creature is a lapdog from France, a faithful companion and a favorite of the royals. The Karakul Bichon will be friends with children. He is always ready for the hustle and bustle and unbridled fun. He needs space, so the ideal place for him to live is a large apartment.
- Poodles: toy and miniature. They are smart and kind dogs with high intelligence, wonderful and loyal friends. There will be no smell or wool in the house. An active animal requires long walks, attention and careful grooming.
- Maltese. This charming, sweet and gentle aristocrat can be kind and obedient or spoiled whims, depending on how you bring up. This lap dog is suitable for elderly people with a measured lifestyle.
Bolonki from Malta are the owners of a long luxurious fur coat.
- Affenpinscher. The main qualities of the breed: high intelligence and fearlessness. Despite the diminutive size, the character of the dog is not “”. The animal’s hair does not remain on household items and does not cause allergies, but the pet requires care.
- Lhasa apso. This small dog is very proud and courageous in nature. She will protect you, guard the house and give affection. The pet’s coat is long, hard, with a soft undercoat.
There will be no wool in the house, but daily combing and weekly bathing will have to be done.
This group also includes a large number of breeds.
- Basenji. A dog that does not know how to bark conquered the world with its quick wit and friendliness. Pets get along well with children and other animals. Suitable for people with an active lifestyle.
Non-shedding Basenji is very clean and odorless.
- Medium poodle. Dogs differ from other representatives of this breed only in size. These are not only great circus performers, but also loyal friends and guards. They behave intelligently and don’t bark for no reason. Lush wool will not crumble in your home with a carpet and hang in tufts on clothes, but caring for it is very troublesome.
- Mexican hairless dog. Has hair only on the head in the form of a funny crest. The animal is great for allergy sufferers. The nature of the pets is docile and sociable, they are very playful, but obedient.
- American Hairless Terrier. The animal requires a careful attitude and constant care, and in return it will delight with devotion and love. He loves children very much, plays with pleasure and communicates with them.
Caring for a pet, like any bald dog, is thorough.
- Miniature schnauzer. A brave friend, smart, funny and very active. The dog has a hard coat with a dense undercoat. Constant trimming and haircut is a must.
- Norfolk Terrier. Representatives of this breed are very kind, quick-witted, obedient and unpretentious in their care. This dog is a godsend for the lazy. It does not require daily brushing.
- Wheat terrier. Dogs of this breed can live both in a city apartment and in a country house. The dog is friendly and obedient. Skillful upbringing will help to defeat her natural stubbornness. Kindness and affection is the guarantee that the Wheaten Terrier will become your friend.
- Welsh terrier. A friendly dog will keep you and other animals company. The dog is active, restless, cocky, self-confident and sometimes disobedient, but at the same time non-aggressive. She just loves to show her character.
To keep this animal, the apartment must be spacious.
- Tibetan Terrier. This is a wonderful friend and guardian for your family. If you are often absent for a long time, then you should not start this breed in a city apartment: the animal will begin to yearn, barking and howling will disturb the neighbors.
Features of the
If you are sure that there are dogs in the world that are incapable of shedding, then you are deeply mistaken. Absolutely all dogs periodically get rid of unnecessary hair. But the scale of this phenomenon is different for different breeds. There are pets in which hair falls out in very small quantities completely imperceptibly and does not have an unpleasant odor. This is happiness for the owners.
It is easy to keep such a dog in a city apartment: you do not need to carry out a thorough cleaning every day and constantly clean things of dog hair.
Dogs that are considered non-shedding are divided into several groups:
- wire-haired animals have a soft and delicate undercoat, coarse and hard guard hair, which practically does not fall off;
- curly-haired friends of a person also do not dot everything around them with their hair, but careful care is needed for their attractive fur coat: pets get dirty, collect garbage during a walk;
- representatives of hairless and almost hairless breeds are exotic animals, they do not part with wool, since it is absent, they can have a smell characteristic of bare animals, which does not look like the smell of a dog.
It is worth highlighting the largest dogs that do not shed.
- Giant Schnauzer. This giant handsome man is an excellent hunter, a loyal friend and a wonderful watchman. A large dog needs a lot of mental and physical exertion. Necessarily need a course of study and training. The Giant Schnauzer does not shed or smell like a dog. Coarse wool requires constant care, otherwise it dumps into mats.
- Airedale. An unpretentious and kind dog in the house takes up a lot of space, but does not require a lot of care. The coat of the dog is hard, guarding, reminiscent of a wire. The animal is suitable for a large active family with children.
- Black Russian Terrier. This huge good-natured person will become everyone’s favorite. And his love is enough for everyone, young and old. This is an excellent guardian, protector and friend. Proper and timely care is necessary for a thick pet’s coat.
- Kerry blue terrier. This dog will brighten up your leisure time. He wants to always be close to loved ones, but he never gets underfoot. This is a good friend and companion. The dog has a strong constitution and excellent health.
- Portuguese water dog. Bred specifically to help fishermen, she swims beautifully. Thick, curly wool is water-repellent.
Hard fluff does not fall on the floor and furniture, and does not cling to clothing.
- Whippet. This is a family English dog who lives well in an apartment. He is friendly with children and other animals, obedient and non-aggressive. The dog does not need special care, constant cleaning of the coat is not needed for it. The animal has a very short pile, which falls out in small quantities and is extremely rare.
- Greyhound hound. The most popular in tsarist Russia, thin-legged and tall aristocrats with long hair or smooth-haired ones, will not decorate your home with their hair. Dogs do not have an unpleasant smell either.
The character of the greyhound is lazy, you need to pay a lot of attention to her upbringing.
- Commander. This dog has a very unusual appearance. The animal has a lot of wool, and it resembles coarsely chopped homemade noodles, which covers the animal’s body with a continuous cloak to the very ground. The commander’s felt suit is not combed, but, if necessary, is untangled by hand.
So that the dog does not get dirty, and the bundles of wool do not fall into tangles, the pet needs clothes. The dog is intelligent, highly organized, non-aggressive, gets along with other animals.
Despite such an exotic look, she feels great in a city apartment.
In addition to the named breeds, others are known that have the ability not to shed, not to emit an odor and are conditionally hypoallergenic:
- Irish Water Spaniels;
This list is far from complete. All these dogs differ in size, temperament, type of coat, so you can choose a hypoallergenic pet for every taste.
It must be remembered that there are dogs that have no smell at all, but shed heavily, for example, the Dalmatian.
They belong to large German breeds with a hard coat. The name translates as “giant muzzle”. Dogs are often called giant or bear schnauzers.
They are brave and calm pets, very brave and loyal, hardy and unpretentious, easy to train and adapt to different living conditions.
Riesen’s coat is so stiff that it resembles wire, and is very thick, especially on the body, of medium length. On the face, it is longer and softer. There is the same coarse undercoat.
Initially, this breed was used as a worker for grazing livestock, later in the police and military field, in security activities. Risens are also good as a companion in urban environments.
Dogs of this breed need great physical activity and long walks.
These are small dogs (from 15 to 31 cm in length and height) that came to the world from France.
The coat is curly, long and silky, it is only snow-white, a slight spotting is allowed only in puppies.
The full name of the breed in the original language. Bichon à poil frisé. consists of the words: bichon. lapdog, poil. wool, frisé. curly.
Bichonov is often confused with a French lapdog. This pet is valued among dog handlers the more, the smaller the individual.
By its nature, the Bichon Frize resembles a poodle. He is also cheerful, playful and loves attention to his person.
They quickly establish contact with the owners and are amenable to training. Strangers are wary. They can easily claim the title of indoor dog, as they are accustomed to the litter box. At the same time, without walking and movement, the pet will be depressed.
White curly hair almost does not fall out, but needs careful care and frequent hygienic haircut.
The nature of dog allergies
It should be understood that there are absolutely no allergy-free dogs in nature. It is customary to call those pets hypoallergenic, in which molting and the release of a special canine smell are less pronounced than in all other breeds. After all, not only wool is allergens, it is the particles of saliva and skin that are on it that are the main irritating factors that cause watery eyes, nasal congestion, sneezing and coughing fits.
In addition, mucous membranes of people can react to dog dandruff, dry industrial feed mixtures, special pet care products.
A hypoallergenic dog in this case is one, when a person is near which a person does not experience unpleasant consequences. But even such dogs are nevertheless, to a certain extent, source of allergen release.
over, this is so individual that the patient may have a completely different reaction to two dogs of a similar breed and equally kept. At the same time, two people with allergic reactions can stroke the same pets with a completely opposite reaction. one begins to suffocate, and the other does not feel anything.
This is because each dog has an individual set of allergic markers, and people have different forms of irritation. Today there are clinics that can accurately map an allergy sufferer and indicate all allergens that are dangerous for a given individual. Then it will be easier to choose your favorite for many years.
Nevertheless, there is still a certain logic in choosing in this case dogs of those breeds that do not shed or smell. But it should be understood that the size of the future pet and the length of its fur does not matter here, but increased salivation (salivation) is very important. Dogs belonging to breeds with well-developed flews (boxers, bulldogs, pugs), it is better not to choose allergic people.
The bad character of the dog and his bad manners can aggravate the situation even more. After all, the more often the dog barks, the more saliva erupts from its mouth.
The frequency of change of coat and the peculiarities of caring for it are also of paramount importance. After all, the less hair falls and the easier it is combed out, the lower the allergenic factor.
Low-shedding and non-shedding dog breeds
They are also conditionally referred to as hypoallergenic breeds. Most often, these four-legged pets include the following.
A variety of schnauzers, distinguished by its dwarf size while maintaining all other characteristics of the breed. At the withers they grow up to 35 cm, weight 4-8 kg. There are four colors of coarse wool. coal, pepper and salt, pepper and silver and white. True, the latter is not recognized by all systems.
The miniature dog is often referred to as a small dog with a big heart or Riesen pill. He is devoted to household members and has excellent guard qualities.
They are considered one of the most intelligent dogs (included in the TOP-5). Their coat is thick and wavy, small dark eyes resemble beads; body, head, paws are proportional to each other.
These are often circus performers, as they not only learn easily, but also love to be in the spotlight.
Poodles have almost no natural molt, so you will have to comb out the pets at least once every three days. In addition, hair grows very quickly and haircuts should also be regular.
They like long walks. Not suitable for people who do not want or do not have the opportunity to devote a lot of time to pets to care and communicate.
They are often referred to simply as Yorks. These are little funny dogs with a perky and friendly character.
Their appearance is characterized by a short muzzle and small standing ears, a tightly knit body with a long silky coat.
These pets are very mobile, love to play with children, and have wonderful contact with other pets.
Yorkies are very smart, their level of intelligence can be called high. They are not only easy to learn a lot of commands, but also able to cheat and bypass the prohibitions of the owner.
Despite the fact that long hair practically does not fall out, it needs daily care. combing, brushing, as well as regular haircut.
If you do not start raising Yorkshire puppies in time, then they grow up unusually stubborn and capricious, they are able to bark loudly and for a long time, disturbing the peace of all households at any time of the day.
They need an attentive and responsible companion host. It is better not to have them if the family has too small children who can injure a miniature pet.