How is adaptation going?
Once in a new home, a small kitten can get scared and shock. Do not be alarmed if the animal refuses food and water on the first day in a new place.
The adaptation period will pass more easily and quickly if you restrict the pet’s freedom of movement for a while. Gradually, you can expand the horizons of a new family member. It is also not recommended to introduce the baby to the children and animals living in the house on the first day. The kitten should get used to the new habitat and calm down a little.
What should a newly-made owner of a little fluffy animal do, you ask? It is undesirable to leave your pet alone. It is recommended to talk to the animal that has appeared in the house all the time, to stroke it. If the kitten is huddled in a secluded dark corner, you do not need to pull it out. Having got used to new sounds, voices and smells, the baby himself will begin to go out and get acquainted with the territory. The kitten behaves like a small child, driven by curiosity and interest.
What you need for content
Before starting a pet, you should think about the availability of appropriate opportunities and time.
Many novice “cat breeders” are interested in what is needed for a kitten. By the time the animal appears in the house, you should prepare in advance:
- Set up a place to rest and sleep.
- Organize an area for the new family member to play and spend active time. Buy kitten toys according to your baby’s age.
- Determine a place for a toilet in the house, buy a litter box and pick up filler.
- Choose utensils for feeding (depending on the age of the animal: bottle, flat bowl, standard bowl depth) and water container.
- Purchase various hygiene products that you need to take care of your baby (comb, furminator, cotton buds, cotton pads, kitten shampoo, etc.).
- Take care of a carrier or basket for transporting the animal. While the kitten is small, you can get by with a small basket. But to transport an adult cat, you will need a special carrier for animals.
How to feed your new pet
If a newborn kitten appears in the house, which, due to some circumstances, was weaned from the mother’s breast, then you will have to take care of the baby’s proper nutrition. At first, the kitten is fed every 2-3 hours using a pipette or syringe without a needle. Gradually, as the serving size increases and the frequency of meals decreases, the kitten is transferred to a feeding bottle.
Kitten care part one: preparation
With human help, a month-old kitten can try to lap milk mixture from a shallow bowl. As your pet gets older, you need to start introducing other foods into the diet. You cannot feed domestic cats with food from the table. this is the main rule of every “cat breeder”.
Supporters of natural feeding should not only correctly compose a kitten’s diet, but also select a list of food products in accordance with the age norms and needs of the animal.
The best option for feeding a small kitten is ready-made industrial food.
The modern range of dry and wet food (pates, canned food, jellies and sauces) is developed taking into account the age criterion, breed characteristics and individual qualities of the animal.
How to arrange care
You need to take care of a small kitten in the same way as for a child. Some kittens are toilet trained by the breeder, but often this task is assigned to the new owner. It is necessary to acquaint the baby with the tray from the first day of his stay in the house. In case of incidents, you cannot shout, raise your voice and beat your pet.
Particular attention should be paid to the hygiene and cleanliness of the animal.
Every day you need to examine your eyes and rinse them with a cotton pad dipped in boiled water. Each week, the kitten’s eyes are treated with a special rinse agent.
Do not forget about caring for the pet’s oral cavity. The specific environment of the oral cavity is an area of increased risk, with improper hygiene, plaque begins to appear, which is considered a favorable environment for many bacteria. At first, you can clean the kitten’s mouth with a cotton swab dipped in boiled water, collecting food debris. Over time, you will need a complete pet care kit: a toothbrush and toothpaste.
How to care for a kitten at home
Health care rules
According to professional breeders, the health and longevity of a cat is 70% dependent on the integrity and responsibility of the owner. From the first days, as soon as the pet crossed the threshold of the apartment where it will live, the newly-minted owner becomes responsible for the health and life of a small fluffy lump.
The first rule is vaccination. Timely vaccination significantly reduces the risk of developing many ailments. So, the first vaccination is given to a two-month-old kitten. After about a month, it is the turn of the second vaccination. You can also vaccinate your pet against rabies during this period. Revaccination is performed at the age of 12 months. The vaccination schedule may vary slightly. Based on the patient’s health status and medical history, the veterinarian proposes an optimal vaccination schedule.
It is not recommended to skip scheduled inspections of the animal by a specialist. It is much easier to cope with a disease detected at an early stage of development than to deal with an acute or chronic form of the disease.
Also, do not forget about deworming and treating a kitten from fleas, ticks and other parasitic individuals and insects that are carriers of dangerous diseases.
The emergence and adaptation of a kitten
As a rule, a Briton appears in your house when he is already several months old. By this time, the baby should learn to eat on his own and not depend on his mother. However, do not expect that as soon as the pet is in a new home, he will immediately play. First of all, moving for him is a real stress, so you need to do everything necessary to make the Briton feel as comfortable as possible in a new place.
Your first task is to create your own little corner for the British kitten. Place a sleeping place, put a tray, feeders. all this should be in one zone, in which the cat will quickly get used to it. Be sure to introduce the small animal to its toilet. Of course, at first, “surprises” on the floor are possible, but soon the kitten will begin to relieve himself in a specially designated place. Try to move it to the litter box shortly after the baby has eaten and drunk.
It is very important not to create a stressful situation for the kitten if other pets live in your house. The animal’s fur will soon be saturated with your scent. But it is undesirable to immediately admit dogs or other cats to the child, because they can show aggression. Better to let the first acquaintance take place through closed doors. After a few days, it will be possible to let your other pet near the kitten, but watch its behavior.
It is worth thinking about proper feeding of your British cat in advance. It is better to immediately decide what products you are going to give him: industrial dry food or natural ingredients. The Briton will accept both the one and the other type of feeding well, but you should not mix them.
If you prefer dry formulations, choose premium or super premium formulas. They do not contain harmful components, flavors, flavor enhancers, and they will be assimilated by animals without any problems.
Saving on feed is not worth it. Of course, many can decide on a budget option for the feed composition. But in this case, your pet will have problems with the gastrointestinal tract. As for the high-quality mixtures, they have a balanced composition, so you do not need to buy vitamins.
New Kitten? 10 things you NEED to know!
If you do not want to buy food, create a daily ration for your cat yourself. It must certainly include meat, vegetables, boiled fish. Fermented milk products are another useful ingredient for a healthy British diet. However, milk should not be given to him, as this is fraught with intestinal disorders.
Nutrition of British Fold “plush” kittens should be balanced. Adhere to this rule, and the animal will not have health problems.
Where to start education
and the nutrition of a blue or gray kitten is an important point. However, pay special attention to the process of raising a cat. If you do not want him to climb onto the table when you eat, rip off curtains and furniture, and also shit anywhere, you need to educate and tame your pet from an early age, as soon as he starts walking in a new territory.
You should not feed the pet from the table, otherwise it will get used to it, and the feeding regime will be disrupted. When the kitten begins to bite hard, scratch furniture and do other dirty tricks, in no case shout at him or hit him, especially with your hand. This approach will not help the business, and the little kitten will harbor a grudge against you and stop trusting you. It is better to spray it with water from a spray bottle or gently tap on the nose with a newspaper so that the pet understands that it is behaving incorrectly.
If you bump into a kitten’s puddles around the house, spray the area with citrus juice or scent-laden air freshener. Then the Briton will stop returning there, since he cannot stand such scents.
Don’t bathe your British cat too often. It is recommended to do this only after antiparasitic treatment or in the case when the pet is very dirty. Water treatments can be almost completely replaced by using a special dry shampoo. It must contain silicone components. They significantly soften your cat’s coat, making it even softer and silky. In addition, the pet practically does not shed.
However, if your kitten is not averse to playing in the water, or at least does not shy away from it, you can occasionally wash it in the bath. After water treatment, go over the coat with a comb or furminator, especially if the Briton is having a shedding period.
Cleaning your ears and teeth
A straight-eared or fold-eared British woman will certainly become your favorite. However, in order for her stay in the house to be really comfortable, it is very important to take care of her health.
Hygiene is of the utmost importance. For example, try to train your kitten to clean its ears every week. Examine them for the appearance of dirt, and if there is any, use cotton swabs dipped in a special liquid and gently wipe your pet’s ear.
Do not neglect this procedure. Otherwise, not only dirt will accumulate in the animal’s ears, but infection, purulent formations may develop.
Oral hygiene is another important point in caring for a British cat. Buy a special toothpaste and a small, handy brush from your veterinarian. An important rule of thumb: brush your Briton’s teeth once a week to protect him from plaque.
How to properly raise and care for a British kitten
Even if your pet looks very healthy, has a beautiful coat, glowing eyes and plays briskly, you need to take care of his health tirelessly. First of all, it must be properly fed. But visits to the vet are not inferior in importance.
The animal must be taken for a preventive examination at least once every six months, so that the doctor will notice even the beginning signs of the disease, if any. Also, the veterinarian will monitor the need for the next vaccination or prescribe a prophylactic course of vitamins.
If you have several cats in the house, it is important to monitor their communication. Fights are unacceptable, as cats can seriously injure each other, for example, scratch their eyes. If you notice wounds or scratches on the animal’s body, you should visit your doctor immediately.
An important element of keeping cats and kittens is the prevention and treatment of fleas. Don’t wait for these parasites to start.
It is better to immediately purchase a collar that repels fleas, since, in addition to source of unpleasant sensations, they are carriers of various diseases.
With older cats, you need to be as careful as possible. Due to their age, they require special care. They may have problems with joints, teeth, genitourinary system. An elderly pet should be provided with peace and proper nutrition with additional supplementation with vitamins. Do not postpone a visit to the veterinarian if you see that the animal has changed its gait, its nutrition has become worse and is not interested in anything.
Physical activity is also important for the cat’s health. Do not forget to play with your pet, offer him new toys from time to time. If the cat feels abandoned, then he may even develop the most real clinical depression.
What is needed for content?
First of all, you need to be patient, as caring, especially for a baby, will take effort. It will be necessary to regularly feed the cat, clean up after him, comb, play and educate. In addition, all cats get sick from time to time, so they need to be vaccinated and treated regularly.
What is needed to keep a furry friend.
- A place to rest. For this, both a purchased house and a homemade bed are suitable. The main condition is the quality of the material. it must be natural, easy to wash and clean of wool.
You will please the cat if you place the house on a hill, from where the animal will see the environment and feel safe.
- Place for feeding. Cats get used to the same feeding place from a very young age. If you constantly move the bowls of food from place to place, the animal will become nervous. In addition, special attention should be paid to the dishes. It should be made of plastic or metal, have no sharp edges and be comfortable for the cat (the sides should be low enough). If you give the animal both dry and wet food, then there should be three bowls: for each type of food and for water.
Before each feeding, the dishes must be washed.
- Cat litter box. Those owners whose cats live only in an apartment are unlikely to do without this attribute. The tray should be deep and wide enough for the cat to sit comfortably there and not scatter the litter.
For the tray, you need to take the most secluded place for the comfort of the animal.
- Scratching post and toys. Any cat simply needs a scratching post, otherwise it will tear the wallpaper or furniture, which will not please the owner. You should accustom you to a scratching post from a very young age, and special luring sprays sold in any veterinary pharmacy will help in this. Toys should also be present in a house with cats. These animals are very playful and should spend their energy usefully, and not attacking the feet of their owners.
- Care products. Cats need to trim their nails as they grow, so a nail clipper of proper quality and sharpness is an indispensable attribute of a responsible owner. You will also need special shampoos, anti-flea collars, antihelminthic drugs, wool comb.
- Feed. The choice of this product is very important, since good nutrition is simply necessary for such a playful pet. Pay attention to the composition and taste of the cat, as the animal must definitely like what it eats. Dry food, wet food or food cooked at home. you choose, but only meat, cereals and vegetable components are allowed in the diet.
Occasionally, cats are given eggs and low-fat dairy products, and sweets and pastries are strictly prohibited.
How to brush your teeth?
Contrary to popular belief, cats also need to brush their teeth. Ignoring such a procedure can lead to the formation of tartar, as a result of fossilization of plaque from food. Such a nuisance is fraught with various consequences: from bad breath to periodontitis and other dental diseases.
At home, cats are brushing their teeth in different ways: with special bones and sticks, toothbrushes, and even by introducing special food into the diet.
You need to take care of the teeth of a fluffy pet from a very young age, when the kitten is at least a month old. Otherwise, the cat will resist the procedure too much, and brushing her teeth will become an overwhelming task for the owner.
How to properly brush your cat’s teeth.
- Fix the animal correctly. Hold his paws so that the cat cannot escape. The head should also be held. It is best to carry out the procedure together in order to simplify the task and do everything efficiently.
- Open the cat’s mouth and draw back the lips. You need to act quickly and clearly. Drive the toothbrush from top to bottom so that plaque is removed as efficiently as possible.
- Praise the cat. Reward your pet with a treat, pet and name it affectionately. The animal must record in its memory the positive emotions associated with the procedure.
If the cat is categorically not in the mood for brushing his teeth and resists very strongly, resort to other methods of oral hygiene. Give him a special bone or stick, and also get a special solution in the vet pharmacy that destroys germs in the animal’s mouth.
We clean our ears
Many will now be surprised, but the ears of a healthy cat do not need to be cleaned with cotton swabs or antiseptic solutions. Do not fill the auricles with hydrogen peroxide or chlorhexidine. The ears of cats have a special self-cleaning mechanism, and rough manipulations can break it. Epithelial cells exfoliate themselves and push excess sulfur, dust particles and villi to the exit from the ear.
Only if necessary should you clean the ear canal of furry pets. If the cat’s ears are dirty, then a cotton swab should be moistened with a special non-medicinal solution for cleaning ears and gently wiped off the dirt. No need to pour the solution directly into the ear.
Another case when it is necessary to carry out ear hygiene is various ear diseases of cats. It can be a tick or a bacterial infection. If your ward is leaking fluid from the auricles, a plaque or an unpleasant odor appears, the cat is scratching his ear, then you should contact your veterinarian. Having made the correct diagnosis, the doctor will select the treatment and show you how to properly wash the cat’s ears.
In any case, you should not clean your ears too often, especially with ear sticks. In general, this procedure is contraindicated for kittens if they do not have diseases and mites in the ears.
How to care for a kitten and adult cat?
Most animal lovers like cats. Since these animals have been living with humans for a long time, it seems that it is not difficult to take care of them. However, this is not entirely true, because the health and mood of a pet depends on proper care. We will take a short tour of caring for an adult cat and kittens.
Feeding cats should be complete, that’s when they will have good health. Remember that cats are carnivores, and their diet should consist primarily of animal proteins. You should not feed them one porridge, and even more so give confectionery. This will not improve the health of a furry pet.
You can feed your cat with both your own prepared food and ready-made food. The choice is yours, in each case there are advantages and disadvantages.
If you decide to feed the cat with natural food, then give preference to such products.
When choosing feed as the main source of nutrition, you should pay attention to the class: it should be premium and super-premium. Otherwise, the cat will not have enough proteins, fats and carbohydrates for normal functioning.
Many caring and responsible owners are concerned about how to feed the cat properly. The animal should be fed 2-3 times a day, taking into account the constitution and appetite of your pet.
Some furry friends are large and have a brutal appetite and can be fed 4 times a day.
Kittens need to be gradually accustomed to adult food at the age of about a month. Properly selected portions are essential for their healthy digestion. Do not overfeed them or, conversely, feed them too little. Food for babies should be warm, about 36 degrees. Then it will be better absorbed. When choosing food as the main source of nutrition, it is worth sticking to special foods specifically for kittens. They are more nutritious and have a small fraction so that the kitten can easily absorb them.
Separately, I would like to say about drinking for a cat. Milk, kefir and other liquids should not be given to fluffy pets at any age. They need clean drinking water to quench their thirst and normal functioning of the body. Tap water contains harmful alkalis and chlorine, so you need to boil it, filter it, or buy bottled water already purified to water your cat or kitten. Change it every day or more often according to the cat’s needs or cup contamination.
How to cut your claws correctly?
Despite the fact that cats usually use a scratching post, they still need to trim their nails. Cats living on the street have the opportunity to sharpen their claws on the asphalt, trees, earth, and pets cannot enjoy these benefits. That is why they need to cut their nails on a regular basis.
The kitten should start doing this procedure at the age of 3 months. Can’t be delayed because clipping should become a habit with furry friends.
It is better to cut the claws of the cat together, since this procedure is hardly pleasant for the pet.
How to trim the claws of cats.
Features of caring for cats of different breeds
Many cat lovers are attracted by purebred individuals. Caring for such animals is more difficult than for ordinary “nobles”. Sometimes pedigree cats have characteristics of the body, specific diseases and nuances of character. Let’s analyze the rules of caring for some popular breeds.
- Maine Coon. This large cat actually easily adapts to life in an ordinary apartment. Maine Coons are prone to being overweight, so their nutrition should be monitored with special care. In addition, cats of this species should devote a lot of time, as they need physical activity.
- Egyptian Mau. This cat is very athletic, so you need to feed it hard to get enough calories.
She loves to climb at a height, to look for shelter there. She needs a separate design for play.
- Devon Rex. The breed is famous for its special curly hair, which in no case should be combed. The instructions for caring for a Devon Rex at home are simple: you need to play with these cats, they must have a place for jumping and running. Feeding for such active animals should also be plentiful.
These cats do not like the cold, so their sleeping place should be arranged near the battery in winter and on a sunny windowsill in summer.
- British Shorthair. This breed is prone to weight gain. Cats have a wide bone and show little activity. To make the British Shorthair cat play, you need to pick up an interesting toy for her.
Animals require constant brushing, special attention should be paid to the procedure in the off-season.
- Siamese. These cats are distinguished by their high intelligence and ability to train. They love to play at heights, overcome various obstacles, and love toys. If you treat such a pet with love, then the cat becomes completely tame and even prefers to sleep with the owner together.
- Bengali. This cat resembles its leopard relative. The breed is considered to be wild, but it is not. Bengal cats have a strong bond with their owner, but must be able to run and jump throughout the day. It is then that they will not gain excess weight, which is very harmful for them.
- Balinese. A real aristocrat in appearance, this cat loves to look down on everyone. Therefore, get ready that all cabinets and shelves will become a favorite place for such a furry friend to walk. Very active and noisy cats that require play and attention.
- Abyssinian. A small playful cat who is very attached to the owner and loves to be paid attention to. Careful grooming is essential. Daily brushing and wiping with a suede cloth is also very popular among the Abyssinians.
These animals do not like being alone, so they are not suitable for very busy people.
- Persian. The stocky figure, thick coat and flat nose of Persian cats are known to everyone. They are distinguished by a calm disposition with rare emotional outbursts.
The main problem in caring for a Persian cat is maintaining the coat in proper condition. Also, these sluggards should be fed moderately to prevent obesity.
They are very voracious, so owners should stick to optimal portions despite pet requests.
- Turkish Angora. An active and inquisitive cat, which is extremely easy to care for. All she needs is movement and activity, as well as a minimum set of toys. The diet should be high in calories, since the angora spends a lot of energy. It is easy to care for the coat, but it should be done regularly.
- Mainx tailless. A very old cat breed with an interesting feature: they do not have a tail. These animals are prone to overweight and even at normal weight look very plump. Very friendly and lovable cats capable of strong attachment to the owner.
It is important not to overfeed them and comb them out every day, as the thick undercoat is constantly growing and can fall into tangles.
We hope that this information will help you better understand your pet or decide on the choice of breed. Each cat is as individual as a person. Therefore, even a lazy Persian can become a real jumper and bully, if the circumstances are so. The main thing is to love your pet and take care of it with all your heart. Then he will reach out to you and play pranks less.
You will learn how to properly care for a kitten from the video below.
How to care for a kitten?
Replenishment of a family is always a pleasant and exciting event, even if it is a replenishment in a not quite traditional sense of the word. If a kitten appears in the house, be prepared for the fact that the animal needs to be paid attention to, to care for it. Some believe that the animal only needs to be fed, but this is far from the case, because a kitten, like a small child, needs to be paid attention to, monitored cleanliness and provide the proper conditions. How healthy, happy and beautiful the animal will be depends on how to care for the kitten.
How to care for newborn kittens
The question often arises, how to care for a month-old kitten or newborn kittens? At first, the baby needs limited space. You need to allocate a special place where your pet will be most comfortable. Make sure that there are no drafts, holes through which the kitten can get out, and it will be difficult for you to get it. The most suitable place where it is easiest to care for newborn kittens. it’s a kitchen. Arrange a warm litter for the kittens, put a bowl of water, a cat litter box.
In case your kitten ignored the litter box for the first time, soak a piece of toilet paper or rag in cat urine and place it in a “latrine”. This will help the kitten focus on smell and train him to litter from an early age. It is important to remember that you should not let the kitten out or carry it around the rooms before the baby is accustomed to the litter box.
How to care for pedigree kittens?
If you have purchased a purebred animal, you are probably wondering how to care for a British kitten. In principle, animal care has the same principles in any case, regardless of the breed. Kittens of the first months of life need you to apply the basic rules of care to them, in particular to be attentive during the adaptation period (which occurs in the first week of the pet’s appearance in your house). The same applies to the question of how to care for a Persian kitten. Kids, first of all, need you to adjust to their behavior. if a kitten does not want to go out and leave its cozy “nest”, you should not pull it out by force. If the baby is curious and playful, tie a piece of paper on a string and move it in front of him. It is these simple games that can bring pleasure to a month-old cat.
As for how to care for a Scottish kitten or Siamese kittens, it is important to comb the hair and feed the animal in a timely manner.
The basic rules of care are divided into several parts:
- Ear care. Cat ears must be promptly cleaned of sulfur that accumulates in them. To do this, soak a cotton swab in hydrogen peroxide and treat the ears. If blackness appears in the ears, and the animal shows anxiety, constantly scratching them, you should show the kitten to the veterinarian, because it can be otitis media or a tick.
- Eye care. To prevent the kitten’s eyes from turning sour, wipe them daily with a cotton swab dipped in a furacilin solution (1 tablet per glass of water). You can also use veterinary drugs to care for the eyes of the animal.
- Helminthic invasions. To prevent the appearance of worms in a kitten, it is necessary to carry out prophylaxis with special preparations at 6-7 weeks, which can be purchased at a veterinary pharmacy.
- Vaccinations. You now know how to care for a kitten, but vaccination is an essential part of grooming. A timely vaccination will protect the animal from many diseases and give your pet a healthy, happy life.
Welcome to your new home!
The first questions about how to care for a kitten, new owners begin when the fluffy baby is just taking the first steps in his new home. As a rule, the behavior of kittens weaned from their mother and transferred to an unfamiliar environment, during the first hours or even days, may differ significantly from usual.
So, it is not worth sounding the alarm that the baby does not dare to crawl out from under the sofa for the second hour or has arranged a “shelter” in the sideboard!
over, do not chase or scold the baby if he does something that will later be forbidden to him: he examines a closet with clean linen, walks around the dining table, sniffs a cutting board for fish, etc. “initial inspection” must be performed!
But aggression from people can be an additional shock for a kitten.!
But it is possible and necessary to make it easier for him to get used to the “new Universe”!
To do this, ask the owner-sellers at least something that is familiar to the kitten: his toy, possibly a bedding (if flea and other troubles are completely excluded), a little filler for the tray that stores the smell of feces from the kitten or his mother (this will greatly facilitate training to the tray from the first days!).
Offer him the food he is used to, even if later you plan to feed and care for the kitten differently.
Show the kitten to the veterinarian as soon as possible, even if it looks healthy. in addition to a professional examination, the veterinarian can give qualified advice on caring for the kitten, recommend vitamins and feed additives, determine what vaccinations and when to be done, etc.
- Bowls. Best of all, not plastic, but ceramic. they are heavier, which means that the kitten is unlikely to overturn them, moreover, microparticles of food “eat” into the plastic more strongly, and this is not good. In shape, the “correct” bowl should resemble a lunar crater. with sloping sides, the so-called sippy bowl. To begin with, three bowls will be enough. one, the smallest and deepest, for water, the other two. slightly larger in diameter and smaller. for food.
- Combs. In order to care for the kitten‘s fur, you need a comb-comb with fine, fine teeth. Make sure that the ends of the teeth are not sharp so as not to cut the skin of the animal! For long-haired breeds, you will also need a “slicker” brush. a small rectangular brush with metal teeth, slightly curved at the ends. sometimes it will be necessary to treat with it those places where the risk of tangling is highest. tummy, chest, scruff.
- Tray filler for him
- Carrying house
- “Lezhanka”, soft “house”. To be honest, this thing is absolutely optional for the kitten himself. he can successfully choose an old woolen shawl, a piece of artificial fur from an old fur coat, etc. as his “rookery”. But nevertheless, it is necessary to provide him with something similar. cats love when they have their own personal place to sleep and rest.!
But it is not necessary to buy toys for kittens! The kitten will be very happy with everything rustling and rolling, so give him what is at hand. a rolled candy wrapper, a paper bow on a string, a walnut or chestnut, a bottle cap.
The main thing is that he cannot swallow it or get hurt.!
There are dry and canned. Pros: it simplifies the care of the kitten. no need to worry about cooking, the food is specialized in the age and breed of the cat (for kittens up to 4 months, from 4 to a year, from one to 3 years, for long-haired, for short-haired, for the fastidious.) and contain a more or less balanced set of vitamins and minerals.
This is not about “Whiskas”. if you have already made a decision to use “artificial feeding”, then take only top-class professional feed!
If we talk about cons. tell me, what will you think of first of all, when you take a bag of Chicken and Rabbit Stew and read in tiny letters on the back that there is only 10% of meat? This is it!
In addition, cunning manufacturers add something to the food that makes the cat gobble it up by both cheeks, and condescend to meat only after a three-day hunger strike (the cheaper the food, the more pronounced this effect!).
However, some cat lovers believe that it is simply not necessary to mix feeding with regular food and specialized foods.
But, in general, such food can become a “lifesaver” in case you are just in a catastrophic hurry, and the cat is hungry.
The cat is a predatory animal. Its nutrition should be based on meat food (and it is better to give meat more often than fish). A cat can also eat raw meat, but this entails a threat of infection with helminths, therefore, it is better for an adult cat and a kitten to boil meat and fish.
In addition to meat, the kitten’s diet should include cereals (in the form of porridge, and not in the form of pasta or loaf!) And vegetables, both raw and boiled (but not potatoes. starch is harmful to the cat’s body!).
A good lunch dish for a kitten is finely chopped boiled meat combined 2/1 with porridge or finely chopped vegetables (beets, carrots, peppers, etc.). Strangely enough, not all cats love milk. it is better to give the kitten kefir or yogurt. It is also sometimes useful to give raw eggs (for kittens. yolks shaken in milk).
Yes, such care for a kitten will require more effort and time, but who can dispute that naturalness is always better??
Feeding “from your table”
Definitely the wrong way to care for a kitten!
Although very often you can hear conversations: “- I have such a fastidious cat, he doesn’t eat anything except meat and fish! So you spoiled him, here’s my soup, borscht, and stew. everything that we ourselves eat! Wow! Lucky. “. This is not true!
Cats (especially kittens) are very harmful to everything salty, smoked, fatty, fried, sweet and flour!
But, if you yourself are on a strict salt-free diet, you can treat your pet to vegetable soup without frying or steamed vegetables without oil.
Supporters of “one pot” feeding argue that the animal itself will not eat anything harmful to itself. In nature, yes. The cat will not eat spoiled meat, will not chew on a poisonous plant.
However, human cooking deceives natural instincts, just as we ourselves are not very capable of taste to appreciate the harm of a sausage in a dough or a cake with butter cream.!
When caring for a kitten, it should be remembered that feedings should not be too plentiful, but frequent: up to 2 months. 6 times a day, 2-4 months. 4 times, 4-6 months. 3 times, and an adult cat can be fed twice a day.
How to care for a kitten?
What and how often should kittens be fed?
There are as many theories as there are cat lovers. Tips on the question “How to take care of a kitten?” You will definitely get a wide variety of people, and not only familiar people, but also strangers, you just have to go to the forum or site for cat lovers.
Our site “Beautiful and Successful” in this sea of authoritative opinions can only describe the pros and cons of different feeding options.
How to train a kitten to the litter box?
Another important aspect of caring for a kitten is hygiene. The kitten is able to ensure the purity of its skin and fur itself, bathing is necessary only in radical cases. it fled to the attic, dipped in borscht, or if there is a need to use anti-flea shampoo.
But in order to save your own house from cat’s bad manners, you must immediately start training the kitten to the tray.!
Standard procedure: you need to pour the filler brought from the old house into the tray. When the kitten feels the need to do his job, he smells his own smell and will go there.
At first, mistakes and puddles are inevitable. do not scold the baby, but immediately take it and carry it to the tray, even if the job has already been done!
If there is no old filler, place a mound of finely chopped newspaper on top of the fresh one so that the kitten has something to rustle.
Never put the tray next to bowls or sleeping area!
But, in general, it is difficult to care for a kitten only at first, and all the work is generously paid off by the love of the pet itself.!
Author. Dasha Blinova, site www.sympaty.net. Beautiful and Successful