What trees can you give
First of all, it is important to know which plant branches are best placed in a parrot’s cage. Approved plants include most deciduous trees:
- Apple tree;
- mountain ash (the bird can be offered not only wood, but also the fruits of the tree);
- cherry (these branches can be given constantly, only at the same time make sure that there is no resin released on them);
- Birch tree.
It is necessary to say separately about birch: it, like a walnut, has tannins in its composition, but in insignificant amounts, and the use of birch branches by a bird in moderate quantities will not do any harm. The buds and young foliage of the tree have a pronounced anti-inflammatory and antihelminthic agent, therefore it is important to ensure the use of this useful plant for the parrot in the spring. It is also allowed to give parrots raspberry and sea buckthorn twigs. they have valuable useful properties, help to strengthen the body and improve well-being. However, in this case, it is imperative to cut off thorns and thorns from them so that the feathered pet does not get hurt.
In many guides for breeding ornamental birds, there is information that the parrot can be given branches of any fruit tree. However, this is not the case. some trees can harm the pet, so you need to know exactly which branches will be safe, and which ones are better to bypass, and why.
Which are not allowed
The list of plants prohibited for use by domestic parrots is relatively small, the restrictions are mainly related to the presence of tannins in their bark:
- bird cherry;
- lilac (it contains a substance called syringin, which has the structure of needle crystals and, if it enters the digestive system of a bird, can cause severe poisoning).
Coniferous trees are not under construction ban (it is believed that the resins emitted by conifers are harmful in large quantities), but they do not need to be abused.
It should be noted that tannins (tannin), despite the restrictions, must necessarily be present in the diet of parrots in small quantities, since they promote better absorption of vitamin C and are a powerful antiseptic. In wildlife, in green thickets, these birds often eat branches containing tannin, then compensating for its excess by using clay.
Which tree branches can be given to parrots
What are they needed for
It is known that in wildlife, parrots live in thickets of shrubs and trees, so the most natural perch for them is a tree branch.
Modern cages are often equipped with plastic slats, it is difficult and uncomfortable for a parrot to sit and hold on to, this can even lead to deformation of the legs, the appearance of ulcers and calluses. In addition, birds tend to sharpen their beak and often do it on the perch. of course, plastic is not suitable for these purposes and can even be hazardous to health.
How to properly prepare branches for parrots
The branches that the parrot receives are not always completely safe and useful. On the contrary, if they were collected incorrectly, then eating them can harm the bird.
It is better to harvest branches of different sizes: later it is convenient to cut small ones into pieces and give the parrot along with the main food, and from larger branches you can make perches in a cage.
how to make perches in a cage for parrots The main condition that must be met is the safety of the product for the bird, therefore it is unacceptable to collect branches lying on the ground (they can be infected with helminths), cut off shoots from trees and shrubs growing along roads or near hospitals, cemeteries, in contaminated areas.
The best places for collecting branches will be a grove and forest far from the road, a private garden, a park located far from sources of pollution. In the fall, you can cut off the shoots and put them in clean water until the buds swell. the parrot will appreciate such a delicacy and receive a lot of useful microelements and fiber.
Absolutely all blanks must be thoroughly cleaned of contamination, washed with a brush with soda or laundry soap, rinsed under running water, and then doused with boiling water to avoid contamination of the poultry with infections or worms transmitted from wild fellows.
So, the information presented allows us to conclude that any decorative parrots, regardless of breed, need a natural source of vitamins and minerals along with the main food. Such source can be branches of useful trees and shrubs that grow almost everywhere, therefore, following the basic rules, you can easily prepare a healthy treat for birds.
Braided from cotton threads
On the one hand, these perches are good because they are beautiful, give the cage a decorative effect and are made of natural material. cotton threads that braid a flexible wire. However, if a feathered pet begins to peck at such a device, then there is a risk that he will clog his goiter with threads or may find himself in a situation where he gets entangled in them with claws.
In order for a feathered pet to be comfortable with you, it needs to create certain conditions and make the necessary adaptations. This article will talk about an important accessory. perches. We will look at their functions, find out what materials they can be made from, and from which they cannot and how to make wooden sticks for sitting with our own hands.
- Why do parrots need perches in a cage?
- What are
- Wooden factory
- Braided from cotton threads
- Perch nozzles with sand spraying
- Concrete (cement) perches
- Pumice (volcanic stone) additives
- Made or sprinkled with fine mineral stones
- Heated perches
Perches can be made of artificial and natural materials. The latter are preferable to use. Ornithologists and experienced breeders advise to attach real branches from trees and shrubs in the cage, unanimously arguing that the health of the legs and the general well-being of the bird depends on what material the perches are made of. In addition, natural bird sticks will be able to gnaw with their beak, replenishing the body with additional microelements. We will introduce you to the pros and cons of all types of perches.
Concrete (cement) perches
Additives made of concrete or cement, as well as those described above, are intended for grinding the claws and beak. They should only be used as additional ones. They are not suitable for permanent sitting, since they have two significant disadvantages:
- the parrot’s paws are cold;
- if the bird begins to gnaw them, then there is a risk that a large piece will come off and fall into the goiter.
What trees are made of
Not all trees are suitable for parrots. When buying a perch or when making it with your own hands, be sure to consider this point.
Step-by-step instructions for making a wooden perch for a parrot’s cage are as follows:
- We cut the cut branches into bars of the desired length.
- Wash the branches with a brush in warm water.
- Soak in cold water for 2 hours.
- Pour boiling water over.
- Wipe with a cloth and dry.
- Preparing a branch for fastening.
- We retreat from the end of the bar 1 cm and make a recess in this place with a knife along the entire diameter.
- In the deepening we tie a rope made of natural threads (sisal, jute and other fibers that are digested in the bird’s body).
- We tie the poles in the cage.
SAFE & TOXIC Wood Perches for Birds
Manufacturers have taken great care to create heated pens that are comfortable for birds. They are made of polyurethane with heating element and thermostat. They are powered by the network. They are recommended to be placed in street cages or aviaries. In apartment conditions, they are useless, since if the bird stays in a cage for a long time with such devices, it can begin to gnaw them.
DIY parrot perches
Feathered pets spend most of their lives sitting on a perch, therefore this product is a very important element, the choice of which must be approached thoroughly. There are different types of beautiful and bright things on sale, but still there is nothing better than ordinary wood. It is extremely easy to make such perches, we will now give the easiest and most affordable way, which is powerful even for a child.
How to make a parrot perch?
- The material for the perches can be a branch of a fruit tree, preferably untreated with insecticides or other poisonous substances.
- We will use a garden pruner, a hacksaw with a fine tooth, a tape measure and a knife.
- We make measurements of the cage depending on how we will fasten the perch (along or across the cage).
- Cut off a piece of the branch, adding about 5-7 mm to the resulting size. Our budgerigar perches should protrude slightly.
- We make a small cut from the end of the branch.
- From the second side we make the same groove.
- If you fasten the perch in the place where the rods converge, then the cut is made cruciform.
- You can install products in place.
- There is a second easy way to attach a small perch to the cage walls. You will need the same twig and two corks from a plastic fruit juice bottle.
- We connect all our parts with a self-tapping screw so that the plugs turn out to be flat sides to each other.
- We untwist the product and attach it to the rods of the cage, using plugs as a homemade clamp.
- Hosts can install these cute wooden parrot perches both outside and inside the cage.
The diameter of the perch depends largely on the type of bird, because their legs are different, and it should not be so small that the claws of your feathered pet close. Budgerigars, lovebirds, finches and young people are small creatures. For them, the diameter of the rod should be in the range of 0.8-1.8 cm.Corells, lorises, arata and other medium-sized birds require a perch with a diameter of 1.5-3 cm.Large pets, for example, cockatoos, already need a perch up to 5 cm in size. diameter.
What are the best perches for a parrot?
- Experienced amateurs almost immediately part with plastic perches, from which many feathered pets have corns and other problems with paws.
- Wood products are much better, but factory sticks are unnecessarily smooth and even, which is also not very good. It’s hard for birds to cling to such perfect perches.
- Flexible perches made of cotton in the form of a rope with a metal rod passed through it look beautiful. But you need to make sure that the parrots do not gnaw the fabric and do not eat cotton, clogging their goiter. Sometimes it happens that birds become entangled in the threads stretched outward. It is better to remove the damaged product immediately.
- Cement perches are durable and are successfully used for grinding claws and hang in places where birds rarely sit or sleep. They are cold to the touch.
- Heated perches. They are made of plastic, power is connected either from the mains or from batteries.
- To grind off the beak and claws, you can buy pumice perches or products sprinkled with special minerals. In some of them, the attachments can be changed.
- There are also different types of flexible perches: rubber, stretchable, modular and others.
Periodic cleaning of the perches and their disinfection is an important matter that cannot be neglected. Dilute 100 ml of bleach with 5 liters of water, rinse the product in it and dry. Stubborn dirt can be removed with a wire brush. Do not use aromatic detergents with some resin added. Parrot perches made from twigs with your own hands can be boiled or calcined in an electric oven for about 20 minutes.
Permitted and prohibited tree branches
Not all wooden perches are good for budgies. From the table you will find out from which tree perches can be made, and which branches should in no case be placed in the cage:
|cherry (no resin!)||Linden||acacia|
|sea buckthorn (without thorns)||beech||a coffee tree|
|white alder||maple||black elderberry|
Do not take risks with prohibited tree branches, as they can harm the health of parrots: some have absorbed toxic substances, others contain resins and tannins, and still others contain a bitter-tasting glycoside syringin, which forms hydrocyanic acid during decomposition (a terrible poison).
- You can not collect branches near gas-polluted highways, industrial enterprises and landfills.
- Branches collected in the garden area may also be unsafe, they could get chemicals that sprayed plants from pests.
- Check future “seats” for rot or parasites. it is better not to bring such branches into the house.
- Before you place a fresh twig in a parrot’s cage, it will need to be processed: rinse thoroughly with warm water and with a brush, boil for several minutes in boiling water, or scald with boiling water several times and dry. Only after this is the branch ready to become a perch for the parrot.
Attention! The bark from the branches does not need to be removed. it is an excellent tool for grinding the beak. In addition, the bird, nibbling it, receives the necessary vitamins and minerals.
It is good if branches from different trees are used in the cage, they differ in hardness and porosity. Observing your pet, you will discover which of the branches he prefers most in order to pamper him with just such wood in the future.
Poles with kidneys are of particular value. In the fall, they cut off the branches, put them in the water, waited for the buds to swell and set them in a cage with a parrot. In addition to a comfortable roost, the bird will receive an excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
Perches for parrots, do-it-yourself perches
Master class: do-it-yourself parrot perches
For work you will need:
- a suitable branch made of approved wood;
Using a tape measure, we measured the required length of the future perch (did not forget about the necessary length reserve):
Then we sawed off the unnecessary parts. With a jigsaw, we made deep cuts on both sides of the branch (these slots are needed to fix the branch in the cage. rods are inserted into these cavities):
The video shows how perches are made from young birch branches, as well as wooden toys for parrots:
If there is no possibility or desire to cut the slots in the branch, you can attach it to the cage bars with screws with large washers. To do this, simply attach the branch to the rods in the right place and screw in the screws with wide washers from the outside:
Perches must be regularly washed, disinfected and replaced with new ones if they become unusable. This is not at all difficult to do:
- washed the twigs with dishwashing detergent;
- if there is a lot of dried droppings on them, you can use a metal brush or sandpaper;
- prepared a solution from ordinary bleach (150 ml of the product is taken for five liters of water) and immersed the perches in the solution for a couple of minutes;
- rinsed thoroughly with running water;
- allowed to dry completely.
It is best if you have two sets of poles: while one is drying, the other is installed in the cage.
Do not disinfect parrot roosts in the same room. Birds are very sensitive to aggressive vapors, inhaling them, the pet can get poisoned.
If you do not want to soak wooden perches in an aqueous solution of bleach, you can bake them in an electric oven for 20 minutes or boil them.
DIY parrot perches
Experienced parrot breeders advise equipping the cage with branches of permitted trees and shrubs untreated from the bark. This will keep your pets’ paws healthy and will naturally sharpen their claws. In addition, gnawing such twigs will saturate the body of birds with useful substances.
What diameter should the perch have
Depending on the type of parrot, the seats are made of different diameters. The main rule is that sitting on a perch, a parrot’s paws can clasp it no more than 2/3. The claws should touch the pole, not close around it. Look at the photo, how it should look:
- wavy parrots. 15-18 mm (for chicks. 8-10 mm);
- lovebirds, cockatiels and other medium-sized parrots. 15-30 mm;
- cockatoo, amazons, gray, macaw. 25-50 mm.
Ideally, if all the perches in the cage are of different diameters, the pet will choose which one suits him best at the moment.
Depending on the size of the pet’s dwelling, select the length of the poles so that they protrude slightly beyond its limits (five to seven centimeters).
As nibbling progresses, old perches are replaced with new ones.
Types of perches
Nature has created a parrot in such a way that it has to spend almost its entire life on its paws, firmly clinging to tree branches, and at home. for a kind of “perches”. perches. The health of the feathered paws will depend on the quality of these perches. There are many cases of severe diseases of the paws, which then have to be treated for a long time and painful.
The optimal amount for one parrot is two or three perches in a cage. One will need to be arranged higher at the highest possible level. birds usually choose the highest point for an overnight stay. The second is located next to the feeders and drinkers (but not above them). The third is a little to the side, in a place where droppings from other perches will not fall on it.
If you have more than one parrot in your cage, the “sitting places” are not located one under the other, but in different corners so that the pets do not stain the sitting ones with droppings.
The distance between the lower and upper perches should be sufficient so that the birds do not touch each other with their tails or heads.
For birds that spend a lot of time outside the cage, it is good to fix the perch outside on the roof or on the side wall of their home. An excellent solution would be to equip a play stand where the pet will be interesting to spend time.
Choosing a budgerigar perch:
- Plastic. If you find roosts made of this material in your pet’s cage, remove them immediately. Plastic poles are one of the main causes of corns and dropsy on the legs of parrots.
Usually, the diameter of such additives is too small, the bird’s foot wraps around it completely, tightly fitting the delicate skin to the rigid structure. From constant sitting on such a perch, calluses appear.
Such perches can be used as a last resort when the parrot is sick. No microorganisms survive on plastic perches, it is easier to disinfect them during a bird’s illness.
- Wooden. Budgerigar perches made of wood are a great option. But only if the pet has standard, factory-made wooden perches in the cage, they are usually too polished, therefore they are not far from plastic ones. the claws also do not grind on them. Therefore, they are recommended to be replaced. There is an option to give a suitable look to the factory perches: to make them rough by scraping off some areas with a knife.
- Cotton. These are unusual “seating places”. a flexible metal rod wrapped in cotton thread. The disadvantage of such poles is the filler itself. Many parrots are big fans of chewing on something. Nibbling a cotton thread, they often clog their goiter with it. And they can also get tangled with claws in the torn threads. Such gnawed accessories must be urgently removed from the cage.
- Cement (concrete). There is little that compares to the strength of such poles. Their big plus is that they perfectly grind down the claws and beak. However, their disadvantage is the cold structure. the legs are too cold to sit on them. Therefore, if you place such perches in a cage, then in places where the parrot rarely sits.
- Volcanic pumice. Such a pole, and also covered with special minerals (sand, for example), will perfectly grind down the beak and claws. You can purchase an option that has replaceable nozzles. They are good for parrots because they are made from environmentally friendly materials and are safe for health. However, you should not install them in the cage on a permanent basis, since such a rough structure can damage the delicate skin of the sole. Better if the bird has other options.
- Heated. These are generally unique perches, they come with heating, which is provided by batteries or mains power. The downside is the material of such a “seat”. polyurethane, which the bird often tries to chew, sometimes exposing the cord. This accessory is best used in an outdoor enclosure. Observe the parrot and the condition of these perches to keep your pet out of serious trouble.
Supplements for medium and large parrots
This is a great place to “walk” your parrot. So that the bird does not look for a place in the room on which it could gain a foothold, you can do it yourself from safe wooden branches.
Then cut off the excess parts and make holes for carabiners in each branch of the spear:
Select two small branches, make a hole in the smaller one and use a screw to connect both branches in a T-shape. Wrap the connection on top with a jute rope, screw in a special fastener from the bottom:
In the T-shaped structure, make a hole for carabiners, on which you can then hang various devices:
A bolt can be screwed into the center of the spear, onto which it will be possible to fix a bowl made of coconut shells. it will be used as a swimmer or feeder for parrots:
Connect the rogatina and the T-shaped structure to each other using a branch, which is fixed with screws and will no longer be removable, wrap the jute joints with jute:
Then the parrot attachment is located in the place where the birds spend a lot of time:
In this video, you will clearly see the entire step-by-step master class on how to make a do-it-yourself parrot perch:
If you do not consider yourself to be great craftsmen in wood processing, you can always make the simplest perch for your parrot, with a minimum of effort. The main thing is that the tree is safe for health, thoroughly washed and disinfected from possible parasites and regularly cleaned of droppings. In any case, the pet will happily nibble on the bark from the branch, and you will need to install new ones. After doing this several times, you will learn how to make your perches with your own hands almost perfect.
The most common parrot names for a male
- Alex, Diamond, Abrasha, Alf, Cupid, Argo, Aristarchus, Arkasha, Archik, Ataman, Ajax
- Bert, Fight, Bush, Boss, Borka, Boatswain, Bruce
- Valera, Vasya, Vikesha, Zipper, Vinnie, Volcano
- Gosha, Grand, Garrick, Grisha, Hussar
- Danko, Dandy, Joe, Dyusha, Johnny, Dick
- Egor, Hedgehog, Erosha
- Jacques, Jean, Zhigan, Zhigol, Zhora
- Zeus, Zenith, Zero, Zephyr, Zorro
- Igor, Indus, Yorik, Jiri
- Carlo, Carlos, Kaposha, Casper, Kane, Kesha, Coco, Crash, Kopusha, Kuzya
- Lexus, Lord, Lotus, Ferocious
- Tycoon, Makar, Max, Milan, Misha, Monya
- Narcis, Nick, Nord
- Ogonyok, Eagle, Ozzy, Orion, Oscar, Ostap
- Pamir, Patrick, Pegasus, Petya, Pitty, Motley, Prince, Fluff, Pierre
- RIO, Rubik, Roger, Ginger, Roma
- Samurai, Signor, Stesha, Octopus, Sultan
- Tagir, Typhoon, Tima, Trio, Timur, Tishka, Topaz, Troy, Trash
- Umka, Hurricane
- Pharaoh, Farat, Phoenix, Felix, Frank, Funtik
- Hasan, Hild, Hippie, Charlie, Lapwings, Chizhik, Charlie, Sherkhan, Chef, Bumblebee, Shrek, Shurik
- Elon, Andy, Erro
- Yudzhi, Yudik
- Yarosha, Yarik, Yasha.
Choosing names for parrots: what to consider
After buying any animal, each person begins to think about an extremely important question. how to name his pet. This also applies to parrots. Of course, no one wants to give a stupid name to their feathered friend, because you will not only have to pronounce it for the next few years. as the old proverb says: what you call a ship, so it will float. Many seriously believe that the name makes an imprint on a lifetime, and perhaps there really is some truth in this. Therefore, choose a name as carefully as possible.
How to name a parrot: birdwatchers advice for talking breeds
Whichever name you choose, don’t get upset or angry with your parrot if he can’t learn it quickly. Birds, like other animals, must go through a period of adaptation in a new home and will start repeating after you only when they feel comfortable and safe. Do not try to force the parrot to repeat his name, and even more so. do not overload him with other words for repeating.
Stars among parrots
To choose beautiful names for parrots, you can familiarize yourself with famous personalities in the avian world. In Soviet cinema, the most popular characters were the parrot Kesha, after whom many call their pets, and Stepanych from the cartoon about Lost and Found. Foreign parrots stars: Captain Flint, friend of Aladdin Iago, Disney’s Jose Carioca, Kokatu from Chip and Dale, Professor Pericles from Scooby Doo,
Things to Consider When Choosing Names for Parrots
Most owners, when thinking about how to name a parrot, expect that sooner or later the pet will learn to pronounce its name on its own. That is why many names of parrots contain hissing sounds, because feathered pets are easier to remember and very funny interpret such words. Due to this property, names like Gosha, Kesha or Dasha are so popular. If you have a non-speaking parrot breed, you can choose more complex names for the parrots. So, many modern people try to choose cool names for their pets in honor of their favorite actors, movie characters, singers, or people who are reminiscent of their feathered favorites.
Since the sexual characteristics of birds are not so pronounced, first of all, you should probably know the answer to the question, for a boy you are choosing a nickname or for a girl. You can also try to find a universal name that works for both the male and the female. Also, often, pondering how to name a parrot, newly-made owners choose a name based on its external differences and features.
Parrot Tree Stand | DIY
Names for parrots
Best parrot names for a female
- Adele, Alice, Aphrodite, Angela, Assol, Ashika, Asya
- Squirrel, Betsy, Beni, Britta, Beauty
- Venus, Vika, Vita, Wally
- Glasha, Gabby, Gressy
- Dana, Dasha, Jelika, Judy, Jerry, Judah, Julia, Dune
- Eva, Egoza, Eshka
- Jeanne, Jerry, Zhudi, Jolly, Zhuzha, Jolly
- Zara, Zina, Zuza, Zita, Zyusya
- Isolde, Inza, Ista, Toffee
- Katyusha, Kiki, Kitty, Knop, Christie, Kisha, Ksyusha, Kat
- LADA, Laura, Like, Lady, Lore, Lyalya
- Malvina, Miki, Monica, Fly
- Nancy, Natasha, Nessie, Night
- Ollie, Oda, Orsa
- Peppy, Pica, Perry, Pira, Bun, Puma
- Rose, Rosette, Rikki, Rozya, Rimma, Rita, Roni, Ruzana
- Tanya, Tiffani, Tyusha, Tasha, Tutti
- Sabrina, Sarah, Sandra
- Ulli, Ursa, Ulya
- Farina, Fury, Fairy, Flori, Franta
- Hanni, Khibina, Hannah, Holly
- Queen, Cera, Tsusya, Tsilla
- Chaga, Changa, Chacha, China, Chucha, Sheri, Shure
- Elvira, Era, Elsa or Ella.
Names for couples
If you are wondering what name to give to a pair of parrots, there are the following popular options:
- Bonnie and Clyde
- Winnie and the pooh
- Banana and Kiwi
- Kiki and Koka
- Cook Tookie
- Mickey and ricky
- Terra and Hera
- Toshka and Totoshka
- Chacha and Chichi.
Do not forget when thinking about how best to name your pet, that the names for parrots should be suitable for each particular pet. And, if you chose a name before purchasing it, think carefully if the chosen name suits your new family member.
How to make DIY parrot toys
Parrots are the most interesting, curious and positive birds ever tamed by humans. Even living in captivity, these representatives of the feathered family are happy with their life in a cage and pass on their positive to the owners.
Parrots are very playful and curious birds. They adore a variety of shiny and bright objects, and easily get along with other pets. To create a more comfortable and interesting life, make a do-it-yourself playground for your parrots. It can be easily placed in a cage and put there various ladders, perches, rockers, exercise machines. Your feathered friend will appreciate these gifts and will cheer you up with his actions.
Placing toys in a cage
After making or buying toys, they need to be placed in the cage correctly. In no case should the house be hammered to capacity. The parrot should have as much free space as possible. It will be enough to place a perch and a few small toys. All of them must be attached to the walls of the cage and left free in the middle of the house. You can place a feeder and a bath in it.
All other toys should be placed outside the cage and create a play area for your pet. It will be enough for him to play with them while walking.
Swing has always been and will be one of the most favorite entertainment not only for children, but also for parrots. To make it, you need to find or purchase the following materials:
- beads or buttons;
- not very thin perch.
If you could not find a stick for a perch, then you can use a regular ballpoint pen, having previously untwisted it and removed the paste.
- We make a blank in the form of a triangle from the wire. Its dimensions will be such that your pet fits there without any problems.
- We fix a stick or a pen on the triangle.
- Decorate the side parts with a variety of beads, buttons and other beautiful items.
- Connect the side parts to each other and add a bell in the place of their attachment.
- At the ends of the side parts, build loops to attach the swing to the cage.
You can use other available materials, but it should be remembered that they must be strong and safe, since it would be unwise to make a swing out of cardboard or paper. The parrot will appreciate your work and will ride on such a swing all day.
How to create a simulator
The easiest way to make a trainer for your pet is using a plastic bottle and wooden sticks.
The process of creating a simulator consists of the following actions:
- Cut out a tube-shaped blank from the bottle, leaving the bottom.
- We drill holes in the bottle and insert wooden sticks into them.
- Fill the bottle with washed and calcined sand.
Such a simulator will contribute to the weight loss of the bird and help maintain its health for many years.
If you have certain skills in needlework, then you can sew such a toy yourself. This craft will be environmentally friendly and will definitely not harm your pet.
Types of parrot toys
Homemade toys are always better than purchased ones. You never know for sure what materials they are made of and what effect they will have on the health of the parrot. Making toys yourself is quite simple and inexpensive, besides, you will surely know that they will not harm your pet.
Before making toys, keep in mind that parrots are incredibly intelligent birds and require a wide variety of toys. For a fulfilling life, your friend needs the following types of toys:
- Developing. They should be aimed at developing the mental abilities of the bird and help it achieve high results.
- Trainers. To keep your pet from becoming obese, physical activity is vital. They will relieve him of excess weight and contribute to a long and fun life.
- Gnawing. Nature has awarded parrots with a sharp and strong beak, which must always be in action. These toys will allow the parrot to switch the attention of the parrot, and he will gnaw them, and not your furniture.
- Motivating. Parrots are very intelligent and curious. Such toys will attract the attention of the bird and give it the opportunity to show its individual abilities.
Making “mirror” toys for cockatiels with your own hands is not difficult at all. The same is true for other species of parrots, only in this case you need to take into account the personal preferences of the bird.
Like many people, parrots are very fond of looking at their reflection in the mirror and even talking to him. If you have several birds, then toys with a mirror will not work for them. The fact is that they have enough constant communication with live birds, and they will be indifferent to their reflection.
For installation in a cage, a powder box mirror is quite suitable. It is securely attached to the cage wall and a structure of beads strung on a wire is tied around the edges.
What trees are bad for parrots
It should be noted that any trees whose branches have thorns and thorns, as well as containing various resins, are harmful to parrots.
It is strictly forbidden to give parrots branches of pear, oak and bird cherry.
It is also forbidden to use lilacs, as they can lead to the most unpleasant consequences if the parrot gnaws them, and he will definitely gnaw these twigs.
It is forbidden to give poplar to a parrot due to the fact that it actively absorbs various substances from the environment, including substances harmful and dangerous to health and life.
Why does a parrot need tree branches
- Firstly, a parrot constantly needs to gnaw something to sharpen its beak, and branches are best suited for this, since parrots sharpen their beaks in this way in their natural habitat. The branches have the necessary rigidity, which allows parrots to effectively sharpen their key, keeping it in good condition.
- Secondly, tree branches provide parrots with nutrients and trace elements necessary for their life.
If you do not provide the parrot with tree branches, then it will begin to gnaw everything that will be in its path. wooden furniture, wallpaper, interior items and many other objects in your house or apartment. You are unlikely to be glad that a parrot will ruin the appearance of your home.
In addition to the above, tree branches are necessary for perches, since they bring the living conditions of a parrot as close as possible to natural (natural) ones. The perches should be made of natural twigs, as this will only have a positive effect on the life and health of the parrot.
Sitting on a real twig will be much more comfortable and healthier. In addition, parrots are not averse to chewing on the perch, so if it is artificial, it can also lead to poisoning of the feathered pet.
In this regard, you can draw an analogy with a person. most likely you will like walking in shoes made of genuine leather rather than artificial materials.
What tree branches can be given to parrots
Parrots definitely need tree twigs.
This is especially true if the parrot is in captivity.
That is why experts always warn about this those people who decided to make themselves a feathered friend. a parrot.
Parrots need trees not only for health, but also for a comfortable life, as this is a significant factor in their life.
Therefore, it is very important to determine which trees a parrot can, and which, on the contrary, cannot.
What trees are good for parrots
It should be clarified right away that not all trees and plants are equally useful for parrots.
Typically, the following trees are beneficial for parrots:
- Apple tree,
- sea buckthorn,
How to prepare branches for a parrot
It is important to know not only about which branches of trees are useful for parrots, and which ones are harmful. you need to understand exactly how best to prepare branches for your parrot, since this is also a very important and responsible task.
- Firstly, we strongly do not recommend collecting tree branches that grow near roads, garbage dumps, and even more so various industrial enterprises, since in this case they will have a high concentration of substances hazardous to the parrot.
- Secondly, you do not need to immediately give branches to the parrot. First of all, they need to be processed. If they have any thorns or thorns, then they must be removed so that the parrot does not get hurt and does not carry an infection. In addition, pay attention to the presence of moss and mold, and if these elements are present, then they also need to be eliminated.
- Thirdly, it is recommended to soak the branches and leave them overnight, and in the morning rinse them thoroughly, then pour boiling water over them. It is not necessary to use household chemicals to wash the branches, since the wood absorbs these substances very well, therefore, the health of the parrot will be at serious risk. In addition, even if you rinse the branches several times, it will still not help, since household chemicals are very tightly absorbed into the tree branches.
It is important to understand that the body and health of parrots are very vulnerable to the effects of various environmental factors.
It is necessary to treat these feathered eccentrics as carefully as possible if you want them to live for a long time and delight you with their presence.
Therefore, it is important not only to monitor the balanced diet of the parrot, but also to take care of it in other ways, for example, to pick up tree branches that are useful for it.
Having completed this task with high quality, you will give your parrot a good gift, which will have an extremely positive effect on his health and mood.
Growing [edit | edit code]
You can help by updating the content of the article to the latest versions. Minecraft.
Saplings obtained from blocks of foliage can be planted on land or turf to grow new trees. It is not required to cultivate the land, as well as to supply water. The tree grows in a randomly chosen period of time.
A seedling needs at least 4 blocks of free space above it and level 9 lighting in a block above the seedling to germinate. The tree never grows above the ceiling above the seedling. The foliage of neighboring trees is not taken into account when calculating the height. If there are blocks next to the seedling on the ground, then they limit the minimum height of the tree. The minimum tree height is 5 blocks (4 in the trunk and a block of foliage on top). Maximum height. 16 blocks (13 in the trunk and 3 foliage blocks on top).
At some random intervals, the seedlings try to grow. This first checks to see if there is enough light and then selects whether the tree is small or large. After choosing the type of tree, a check is made for the availability of free space. If obstacles are found, the tree cannot grow and will wait until the next attempt. This means that if a tree is planted in an open field, it will grow quite quickly (usually it takes about 20 minutes to grow), but a tree with various “growth stops” may take a long time to grow until it finds a suitable shape.
The use of bone meal on a seedling leads to an extraordinary attempt to germinate the tree, that is, if all the conditions are met, the tree will germinate instantly. A unit of bone meal is consumed even if it fails.
Trees do not sprout in unloaded areas of the map. the seedling must be in the processing area. Trees grow indoors and in the Nether, however, in the Nether, it may take longer to germinate. Trees grow close to each other.
To grow a huge “baobab” (2 × 2 trunk thickness), you need to plant seedlings of a jungle tree in a 2 × 2 square (using bone meal is optional).
A huge coniferous tree (tree, spruce) can be grown by arranging spruce seedlings in a 2 × 2 square. Growing a giant 8 × 8 tree is impossible since 1.15.
Dark oak can only be grown by arranging dark oak seedlings in a 2 × 2 square. Dark oak seedlings do not germinate individually.
Vines (large jungle, swamp, dying and felled)
Mushrooms (on some felled)
Cocoa fruit (on some jungle trees)
Wood is a natural structure made up of wood and foliage. A tree trunk can be assembled for wood without any tools. just go over and press down with LMB until the block breaks. You can use an ax to increase the mining speed. Foliage can be harvested with scissors or a tool enchanted with Silk Touch.
Trees do not obey the laws of gravity and foliage will not fall if the tree trunk is removed. After cutting down the trunk, the foliage begins to disappear, and sometimes when the foliage blocks disappear with a probability of 1⁄16, seedlings fall out, which can be collected and used to plant new trees. Also, an apple may fall from the foliage.
Trees themselves do not appear, so if you prefer a settled life, sooner or later you will have to start planting trees.
Trunk and foliage are easily set on fire, so forest fires can easily spread from tree to tree if they are close together. Please note that the fire can spread even if there is a space of two blocks of air between the crowns of two trees.
One of the best ways to stop the spread of a fire is to run ahead and cut down some trees and foliage. Also, if you have a lot of building blocks with you, you can quickly build a wall and cut off the fire. Of course, if you do not build it from logs, planks, or wool (since they are great on fire and burn).
Varieties [edit | edit code]
The Halloween Update introduces biomes that have their own foliage colors and tree types. Beta has also added unique species: birch in temperate biomes and spruce and pine in cold.
Different types of trees have different textures of trunks and foliage, but the foliage of ordinary trees and birches differs only in color.
Birches and marsh oaks are similar in structure to ordinary oaks; do not branch or grow to gigantic proportions. Swamp oak often grows out of water. The height of the trunk of a birch is from five to seven blocks, a swamp tree is from five to eight. Vines hang from the foliage of the marsh tree and it grows in the swamp. In fact, a swamp oak is an ordinary oak, only with vines and grows only in a swamp.
There are five types of conifers. pines, giant pines, spruces, giant spruces, and sequoias. Pines have tall bare trunks with a small amount of needles at the top, spruce trees below and the needles on them are arranged in layers, sequoias resemble a huge spruce, but the trunk is half naked. If you plant a seedling 2 by 2 blocks, then a giant pine, giant spruce or sequoia will grow. The height of the trunk of ordinary spruces and pines is from five to ten blocks. Spruces and pines grow in the mountains, taiga, snow-covered taiga and podzolic taiga. Giant pines, giant spruces and sequoias grow only in the podzolic taiga.
The tropical species has vines, like those found on swamp trees. They are similar in shape to ordinary oak, but the trunk is much higher. There is a modification. a huge tropical tree, which can be grown by placing the seedlings of a tropical tree in a square of 2 by 2 blocks. The cutting area of the trunk of a huge tropical tree is four blocks, the height of the trunk reaches thirty blocks. Branches with foliage can branch off from the trunk. The crown of a huge tropical tree, three blocks thick, grows in the jungle.
Undergrowth. a low “tree” found in the jungle, with tropical wood and ordinary oak foliage, oak seedlings fall out of the foliage. The barrel height is just one block. Stuck animals can often be found in the thickets.
Acacia can be found in the savannah. Has a curved trunk and diverges into two crowns.
The dark oak has replaced the trees in the dark forest biome that were previously composed of softwood. Can be grown from only four dark oak seedlings, arranged in a 2 by 2. Not very easy to harvest, but grows fast enough and gives a lot of wood; one oak often drops fewer seedlings than is needed for a new tree, and a small number of these trees can dry out quite quickly. Better to grow in large quantities.
The Bedrock Edition contains unique structures. fallen trees. They consist of two parts: a stump and a trunk. Fallen trees can be of all types of wood. Usually mushrooms and vines grow on fallen trees.
Problems [edit | edit code]
Bug reports related to Tree are maintained in the Mojira bug tracker. Report bugs there (in English).